1. I dont understand why you play chest offset and not the pauldrons...
    The shoulder-item from the T10 set does not provide any haste, but crit.
    As you said, haste should be a more important stat than crit.

Why shouldnt i take the shoulder-item offset when i can use icc shoulders from valanar, that provide haste instead of crit?
    You certainly can, but you can get even more haste with offset chest (cloth one from bpc 25 - healing set chest also lacks haste).
    Edited: November 29, 2016

2. You certainly can, but you can get even more haste with offset chest (cloth one from bpc 25 - healing set chest also lacks haste).
    In total:

Offset Robe + Set shoulder vs. Set Robe + Offset shoulder:

Haste: 98 vs 82
    Crit: 106 vs 82

Gems: 1 blue, 2 red, 1 yellow vs 2 red, 2 yellow

Your suggestions gives 16 more haste from set to the loss of 24 crit

If you set only yellow +20 haste and red +23 SP now youll get these bonuses:

Robe offset: 0 SP (maybe blue +12 Sp, +10 spirit --> bonus 9 SP)
    Shoulder set: 5 SP
    vs
    Robe set: 7 SP
    Shoulder offset: 7 SP

5 vs 14 Sp

In total for chest offset compared to T10 chest:
    +16 Haste
    -24 Crit
    -9 SP

Is it worth? Maybe with the blue gem instead instead of red?
    +16 haste
    -24 crit
    -2 crit
    +10 spirit

I think i agree with you in relation to the cloth robe, but only with the blue gem.

3. An explantion of the proc of the Legendary Mace from Ulduar "Val'anyr, Hammer of the Ancient Kings" and why it's so strong on the resto druid:

- It hast a 10% Chance to proc (with direct heal or HoT ticks).
    - It has a 45s internal CD.
    - When it procs the caster gets a buff on himself for 15s.
    - During this 15s every direct heal and HoT tick on a target causes a damage shield, that lasts up to 8s. It absorbs damage equal to 15% of the healing spell.
    - The shield stacks with itself! So multiple ticks of a rejuvination will grow up the shield as long as the buff is acitve.
    - The shield can grow up to max. 20,000 damage absorbed.
    - Heal on a target with full HP will NOT cause the shield.
    - But heal that partially heals a target + an amount of overheal causes the shield for 15% of the full amount of the healing spell.

4. Hi! I have a question about weapons. I got Royal Scepter of Terenas II and Shadow Silk Spindle, both normal versions. I got Dying Light normal version in inventory. Should I switch those two for Dying Light? I would lose about 86 sp and 2 haste. With Dying Light I would get 16 int and 16 stamina and 123 spirit compared to Royal and Spindle. What would you choose?

5. Hi! I have a question about weapons. I got Royal Scepter of Terenas II and Shadow Silk Spindle, both normal versions. I got Dying Light normal version in inventory. Should I switch those two for Dying Light? I would lose about 86 sp and 2 haste. With Dying Light I would get 16 int and 16 stamina and 123 spirit compared to Royal and Spindle. What would you choose?
    Unless you are having really serious mana issues there is no reason to sacrifice all the spellpower.

6. You should generally not have mana issues at higher gear levels, even if you're casting 100% of the time. With the proper use of clearcasting, innervate and perhaps even a potion you should generally never run out of mana. So stack that spellpower :)

- Crnimedjed

7. Hey, I'm currently making a rdudu and I've got this dilemma about which weapon to buy since I dont have coins for Valanyr. Should I get 284 Archus staff or HC Trauma, even tho I'm not planning on buying HC Sundial? I mean Author in the post says that Trauma doesn't work properly, but that was almost a year ago and it could be fixed allready. Please bring some opinions

8. Hello wtfzomglol,

currently Trauma is working completely fine and it procs from any kind of HoT or direct heal that you do on players. In my personal experience I find Trauma at its maximum efficiency only on Professor Putricide, Sindragosa, Blood Queen Lana'thel, Frostmourne Chamber on the Litch King fight and shadow realm of the Halion fight in Ruby Sanctum (all of the encounters on Heroic difficulty). On average I can say that Trauma alone heals around 400,000 troughout the whole PP fight (its the longest of the mentioned above), and on BQ-Lana'thel the average would be around 300,000 healing done. I have been using it and testing it on various of encounters and instances and it is performing not so well. This is only considered that you have 4 competent and geared healers who know how to maximize their healing and minimize overall damage done to the raid. My results were not satisfying on fights like Marrowgar, I would get lucky if my trauma healed more than 70k. Huge factor here is your teammates in the raid. If they keep messing around and are not focused (not moving fast from flames, taking unnecessary stacks on Blood Prince Council bossfight) they would keep taking constant damage, thus increasing the overall heal from your Trauma, but not by a large margin.

Now for a resto druid you would want 856 haste, no more, no less. Unfortunately Trauma provides you with no haste, making it hard to do the weapon swap mechanics. For instance on the LK fight, you have your current weapon equipped, you are at your desired 856 haste raiting, you heal till phase 3 and then FMC is about to commence. You can weapon swap before FMC, but you would lose the haste that you would have from your main-hand weapon, thus making your Rejuvenation spam bit less effective. (the change in haste is minor and you will probably not feel it)

The Archus staff is a very good weapon for resto druids. 3rd in BiS after the legendary Val'anyr and Royal Scepter of Terans II (Sundial of Eternal Dusk as your Off-hand). With it you would get more spell power, haste, intellect and spirit than you would using Trauma, or more intellect or spirit than you would using Royal Scepter of Terans II. For us, more intellect and spirit means more mana and mana regen, with a bit of spell power from your talent Improved Tree of life - 11 to be exact (compared to Royal Scepter of Terans II). So if you find yourself having mana problems, being low geared, having nab dps taking unnecessary damage and you need to cast a nourish to save someone (or don't, you can leave it to the resto shamans and hpalas), long boss fights, because of low dps, or poor coordination - go for the Archus staff.

TL:DR - Go for Archus staff, it costs 23 coins, usable everywhere, will help you with mana problems the most of all options. Trauma is only beneficial on heavy raid damage fights (PP, Sindy, BQL, Fmc on LK, Shadow Realm on Halion in RS) plus you would need to get an Off-hand with it.
    Edited: February 10, 2017

9. Hey b_cryp,

this is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for, in depth and with explanation. Thank you very much :)

10. Trauma is not working fine. your calculations are way off as to what it is doing. 400k? no. 104k total on PP last week on logs (go to healing by spell) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=2836&e=3102 for whatever reason PP has always given weapons with procs issues.

however on LK its doing damn near 550k ( go to healing by spell) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=6053&e=6888 but im swapping between trauma for ledge phases and P3 and keeping legendary out for P1 and P2 infests

trauma vs legendary whats really better?

depends. with a 30% buff the legendary will more than likely outshine trauma (assuming you dont have both to swap between the ICD of the legendary) at 30% it shouldent really matter what you use. however if you are in a progressing guild or doing 0% buff trauma is your better option. effective healing is better than guessed absorbs. in the end it wont really matter with a 30% buff which id say most if not all druids use in icc.

Archus is 4th bis

the list has not changed. if u want something cheap with coins then sure. its going to take you further with less money spent.

www.twitch.tv/funkysday

https://www.youtube.com/user/Redemptionproject09

for all your resto questions check the above two links.
    Edited: February 23, 2017

11. Maybe they fixed Trauma since I last used it (end of November last year). But I personaly woundn't compare Trauma to Val'anyr since it is only good for certain situations and if in all of those you have Val'anyr, you would perform much better with it even if you have a Disco priest (except inside of FMC). For a comparison I did around 2 milion in only absorbs vs the 600-700k additional healing you would get if you only used Trauma. Plus we had another Val'anyr in the raid.
    Edited: February 23, 2017

12. where are you getting these numbers from? yes the bug tracker i had posted for trauma was finally completed and it works (still somewhat buggy on certain fights) like 2 weeks ago

trauma can be compared easily. both work off a proc one has an ICD the other does not. if you are forced to use on or the other as in you only have coins for one or have only managed to see one of them drop and get it then thats one thing. When not swapping and just using one or the other the entire fight trauma finishes below the guessed absorbs. if you have a valynar and your only second weapon is anything other than trauma swapping is not going to be helping you. there also seems to be some kind of issue when swapping as well that i have noticed where the legendary seems to take forever to proc after a swap if you wait for it to come off ICD but if u swap around 5 seconds before the ICD it procs damn near instantly.

nothing wrong with 2 valynars if you can time your procs up to offset one another which should not be an issue at all since it takes literally 15 seconds to do.

are these totals you are posting?....
    For a comparison I did around 2 milion in only absorbs vs the 600-700k
    at the end of your raid? bc absorbs should do around 5 - 6 million for a full run if not more (our boss fights dont last long, longer=more healing)

13. Hey, I am on my phone now but when I get home tomorrow I will give you the logs on lk and pp. And yes the 2milion on only absorbs (only on lk) were possible because of 17min fight (I think it was couple of minutes longer than your raid). The 600-700k healing on Trauma was what I remember when I tested it last year (no weapon swap).
    As for the val'anyr swap - I think it also has CD when you equip it, just like if you equip a trinket with on-use effect has 30 seconds of cooldown, but I haven't done any tests on that matter.

14. it has no cd once you equip it. its not a trinket.

well when you tested it last year it was still broke and not working unless they fixed it for a few days. i test it weekly and until the last 4-5 months its been completely broke minus the few weeks when it was working correctly then was broke once again. Late november it was working great in RS shadow realm (386k) then the following week it dint even break 33k (same raid set up)

There is something wrong with it on PP same for the legendary. although it seems to be broken in a good way for the legendary on that fight.

You must also remember fights where people are more bunched up benefit trauma more so than valynar as in FM phase on LK or sindy since most the raid is stacked: when the raid is all together it is amazing. while fights like BQL and PP would suggest they would benefit trauma 24/7 a good guild should be spread enough for flames and air phase thus weakening the effect of trauma and making valynar better or swapping much better.

First 123 Last