1. lvl 29 twink. which class?

Hey, want to roll a lvl 29 twink but im unsure which class i should choose.

Im gonna play with a priest a lot. Which class is the best partner for a priest in the 29 bracket?

Thanks!

2. Unless you`re going to bother leveling to 60 or 70, leave:(

3. Unless you`re going to bother leveling to 60 or 70, leave:(
    Molten Twinking isn't all Rag 60 and 70 twinks. There are plenty of other brackets, definitely enough room for more.

On Topic: Cata or WotLK?? Expansion will kind of change everything.

4. I'm playing WotLK on Lordearon, if Realm matters :)

I have access to every almost enchanting reciepe available on this realm and am willing to put some time and effort into that character, so rarity of enchantments/equipment is no obstacle.

Im currently thinking about a shaman. Slow from totems and frost shock, as well as an interrupt, decent damage and even more heal sounds very nice for me, but i dont have any expirience in 29 twinking, so id be very happy for some advices.
    again: im looking for a good partner for a priest, not the best stand-alone-twink :)

5. I'm thinking Hunter, Lock, or Warrior maybe...

redmagejoe
    Unless you`re going to bother leveling to 60 or 70, leave:(
    Don't be a twat.

@OP: Rogues are pretty strong in the 19 tier and even kind of dominate (much like Paladins), but once you get up to 29 a lot of classes really start to pick up steam as they get their skills. Warriors are **** at 19, but really start to be scary at 29. Hunters are also pretty nice.

7. Hey, want to roll a lvl 29 twink but im unsure which class i should choose.

Im gonna play with a priest a lot. Which class is the best partner for a priest in the 29 bracket?

Thanks!
    Dual priests! I'm a little biased though.

If you were looking to have a partner for skirmish arenas too, rogue or hunter would probably be good. Shaman might work, but I don't really find shamans work as well in a dps role alone at 29. It would probably work though. Honestly, just pick whatever class you enjoy the most. All classes can be excellent at 29. If you want the most OP, it would probably be hunter though.

redmagejoe
    There's nice gear but they just don't have the class skills at that level to compete with other classes for the most part. I've seen them; they're beefy, but not really scary.

9. @OP: Rogues are pretty strong in the 19 tier and even kind of dominate (much like Paladins), but once you get up to 29 a lot of classes really start to pick up steam as they get their skills. Warriors are **** at 19, but really start to be scary at 29. Hunters are also pretty nice.
    Extreme Facepalm

Really, you have ever played 19?

Rogue and Paladins dominatig 19 braket? Lol, they are 2 of the worst classes at 19 in at both arena and wsg

Warrs are **** at 19? They are pretty decent at 19, they are of course better than rogues and better than palas in most situations and setups

redmagejoe
    Extreme Facepalm

Really, you have ever played 19?

Rogue and Paladins dominatig 19 braket? Lol, they are 2 of the worst classes at 19 in at both arena and wsg

Warrs are **** at 19? They are pretty decent at 19, they are of course better than rogues and better than palas in most situations and setups
    Guess my months in Lvl 19 Warsong owning Warriors on my Rogue and watching other Rogues and Paladins dominating has all been one big lie. Clearly only the most pro Rogues and Paladins join my BGs and all the warriors are ****-tiers.

I'll rephrase then: All the current 19 warriors are ****, and all the current Rogues and Paladins are good.

11. dont go for war. they cant charge in combat and no intercept yet. Hunt or rogue way to go.

12. I think we forgot the OP was asking about the 29 bracket. :s

13. Guess my months in Lvl 19 Warsong owning Warriors on my Rogue and watching other Rogues and Paladins dominating has all been one big lie. Clearly only the most pro Rogues and Paladins join my BGs and all the warriors are ****-tiers.

I'll rephrase then: All the current 19 warriors are ****, and all the current Rogues and Paladins are good.
    To begin with, even after your months of Warsong, you seem to still donÔÇÖt know what warsong is about or how to play it, I will explain it for you, wsg is about picking flag, protecting FC (flag carrier), and killing EFC (enemy flag carrier), if you are dueling rogue vs warrior in a wsg your doing something wrong.

Ok, now that this is clear, you should be able to understand that the fact that determinate if a class is better or worse in wsg is how much that class can help in those wsg objectives, and not if the class is able to beat ÔÇ£xÔÇØ other class in 1v1, or if it is toping damage and deaths by killing nongeared players.

Warriors are a very good class in O (Offense) because they can keep on EFC with charge and hamstrings, giving your offense a lot of pressure and avoiding EFC and opposite defense to kite you. Rogues and Retris on the other hand are almost pointless in O because they only add damage and are very easily kited. Warriors are also usefull in some way at D (Defense) because they can snare opposite O, while rogues and retris are absolutely terrible here. Holy pala can be decent in D, but priests and shamans are far superior.

Now in an arena scenario, nearly any 2v2 setup with a retri or rogue would be better with a warrior instead, for example Warr/Shaman, Warr/Priest, Warr/Druid, Warr/Holy, Warr/Lock are generally way better than any of this comps with a rogue or retri in the warrior place. Holy paladins have some decent 2v2 setups thatÔÇÖs not arguable, but most of them are better with a shaman or priest in place of the holy pala most times.

About the 1v1 rogue vs warrior thing, at low skill levels bad rogues can probably beat bad warriors, but taking 2 really skilled players, the warrior should stand with the winning record over a 1v1 serie. And outside that, wars have more favorable 1v1s than rogues vs most of the other classes.

The sad part is that you will only be able to appreciate some of this facts in theory here, because the average skill on Molten is pretty low, so the skill will overcome most things here.

But anyone who played on Blackout during retail 3.3.5 days or on Hamcakeland (server similar to AT but lvl19) where the skill level was way way higher, had seen all this things in practice during the last years.

123 ... Last