AmaMonsta
    Also, if you really want to increase your dps, using unleash elements is advisable when you have little time left on your flame shock and your lava burst is up, so that both lava burst and flame shock benefit from unleash elements.
    This ^^ is insanely situational and is such a minimal dps gain that it is not even worth struggling to master. I mean the only time where using this would be a great benefit is if you are wiping to bosses at like 50k health.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When should I cast Unleash Elements, and what does it affect?
    Unleash Flame, the Flametongue-based attack from Unleash Elements, does a nominal amount of damage and boosts the next Fire spell you cast by 30%. UE's single-target damage is pretty low right now, so it's generally not worth it to cast under most circumstances.

There is a "trick" with UE that allows both LvB and FS to gain from a single cast of the spell, which makes it just slightly better than a LB cast, but this applies in only one circumstance: when LvB is off cooldown just before the FS DoT is about to expire. Using this trick under any other circumstance is not a DPS gain.

-http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t110309-elemental_cataclysm_discussion_patch_4_3_a/

2. Well, i agree with you, but what i wrote about UE was towards those who want to squeeze every bit of dps they can. Ofc it's not a huge dps increase, but hey, if you really want to be the best, you gotta do whatever you can to maximize the dps.

AmaMonsta
    well at the very least if you are going to mention something like this please dont forget to mention that it is an exploitation of the mechanic of an ability. Nuff Said

4. the only reason ue was in our because we didn't really have anything else to cast on the move. now we have unleashed lightning glyph so no need to use ue. it's a very small dps increase and hardly noticeable in almost all circumstances. failing to pull it off can result in a dps loss.

rvmdawg
    so did you even read the guide?
    Uh, there was only a pic on the guide and it's too small.

6. Uh, there was only a pic on the guide and it's too small.
    i currently use the core spec in the picture that i posted with 3/3 in elemental warding. i find for most situations, i get the most use out of that.

7. I'll just leave this here. Just to back up his amazing guide.

Blmaestro
    Just a heads up about that ss.

No. 1 is an enhancement shaman. He does his best dps drunk, but he is absolutely horrible on tactics-based fights (called out for HOP on lava wave lol)

No. 2 and 3 are elemental shamans. I have no idea what the Chainlolguy was doing, but hats up to him.

I was no. 4 as boomkin. Very shocked, ele shamans still got tons of negative bugs, they are only gonna get better.

9. Man Speed is on TOP right now, noone can't down him. Friendly player and this DPS...., I follow my Elemental Shaman to this guide, even if I am bad cause alot of other things cause my play unstable in raids, anyway good guide and shaman.

Chi-chi and Peace my friend.

10. Elemental Bug

I think lightening bolt still big with mastery overload. They work with lava only. Any idea about this? Speed and another guy.

11. I think lightening bolt still big with mastery overload. They work with lava only. Any idea about this? Speed and another guy.
    i didn't know it was bugged in the first place. it seems to work fine for me including the new fix where lava burst mastery procs are now critting on targets with flameshock.

12. Can you post also BiS for Elemental Shammy?

13. I am playing a 389ilvl 4p t12 ele shamy and in FL 25 heroic im almost never in Top 5. I rarely pull over 30k dps on bosses although I'm confident in the rotation and tactics. Meanwhile others are reaching 45k dps. I guess ele shamans are just there to boost the raid and will never shine in dps charts.

Blmaestro
    I am playing a 389ilvl 4p t12 ele shamy and in FL 25 heroic im almost never in Top 5. I rarely pull over 30k dps on bosses although I'm confident in the rotation and tactics. Meanwhile others are reaching 45k dps. I guess ele shamans are just there to boost the raid and will never shine in dps charts.
    Since debuff stacking was fixed, all caster's dps dropped significantly. Fire mages have remained high, but now are sliding into a lower position as well. What casters need is gcd serverside lag-free gameplay to ensure that the interlude between each cast is smooth. There is currently a gcd lag that stops casters from spamming casted spells really quickly that is causing a drop in dps.

This especially affects ele shamans who are totally reliant on having no gap in between Lightning bolt/Lava Burst casts, as well as boomkin (Wrath/Starfire spam), aff warlocks (Shadowbolt) and all others.

However, the 10% spell power buff to raid is extremely attractive and is the best way to boost caster dps at this moment, since debuff stacking is no longer viable.

Blurry
    What is the best weapon for elemental besides legendary staff?

First 12345 ... Last