1. Best

Not sure its THE best....but it has boosted my dps

Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind ...Dagger

Blurry
    Not sure its THE best....but it has boosted my dps

Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind ...Dagger
    The thing is... Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind in Bliizzard Forums

Besides staff, you have dagger, but it really seems that you lose quite some dmg.

Is Vagaries of Time a good option instead of dagger?

3. I'm guessing it Procs more on Molten than retail, i see it up alot of the time, most people were reporting it doing 1-2% of there total dps, I'm seeing it a little higher3-5%, and you do nothing to get that(no GCD).....

Is Vagaries of Time a good option instead of dagger?
    MMO Vagaries vs. Rathrak

Blurry
    I'm guessing it Procs more on Molten than retail, i see it up alot of the time, most people were reporting it doing 1-2% of there total dps, I'm seeing it a little higher3-5%, and you do nothing to get that(no GCD).....

MMO Vagaries vs. Rathrak
    Thank you =)

5. I'll just leave this here. Just to back up his amazing guide.

His guide is good. But specifically in this fight, ranged dps are doing more dmg cuz they stand outside and free cast with +100% dmg buff during scorpion phase.
    And another thing you can see is ENH shamans are pretty OPed. Doing 130-160k Lava Lashes in raids, while ELE Fulmination got nerfed to the ground (30-49k now) two weeks after 4.3 came out.

Blurry
    His guide is good. But specifically in this fight, ranged dps are doing more dmg cuz they stand outside and free cast with +100% dmg buff during scorpion phase.
    And another thing you can see is ENH shamans are pretty OPed. Doing 130-160k Lava Lashes in raids, while ELE Fulmination got nerfed to the ground (30-49k now) two weeks after 4.3 came out.
    But it is supposed to do 30 to 49k or the previous dmg (70k+)?

Blurry
    But it is supposed to do 30 to 49k or the previous dmg (70k+)?
    And its only because of Fulmination and no crits from Lava Burst bugs that the dmg of Ele is so low?

Mythic
    I just hope there is a clear reason why ele's dps is way behind other classes/specs. I cant seem to find any game breaking bugs about ele in the bug tracker and yet its not a competitive spec at all and sadly its one of my favourite specs :/

9. Ele has some major bugs that currently affect their dps. Depending on the fight Ele CAN pull the same or higher dps than Enha, although if you compare the current dps to retail stats you'll see Ele is supposed to be superior to enha in every fight.

Fire Elemental is the biggest issue. It should be able to pull 4-5k+ dps in raids on its own.

Also the overload procs from lightning bolt used to not generate Rolling Thunder charges. I don't now if this is still the case.

10. Ele has some major bugs that currently affect their dps. Depending on the fight Ele CAN pull the same or higher dps than Enha, although if you compare the current dps to retail stats you'll see Ele is supposed to be superior to enha in every fight.

Fire Elemental is the biggest issue. It should be able to pull 4-5k+ dps in raids on its own.

Also the overload procs from lightning bolt used to not generate Rolling Thunder charges. I don't now if this is still the case.
    I haven't checked Lightning Bolt, but Chain Lightning's overloads do generate Rolling Thunder, that isn't a HUGE issue though. As you said, Fire Elemental is currently a bit of a dud, but there is also the Clearcasting bug - It gets consumed by just about anything - reducing uptime and significantly reducing the benefit we get from Elemental Oath's interaction with clearcasting. Also, it seems that Fulmination is critting for 150% instead of 200%.

11. As I mentioned in some previous posts, Fulmination was doing around 120-140k crits in pve with 380ilvl gear in the first week after 4.3 was released. Now we struggle to get 60k....something is very wrong with ele dps imo. Not to mention Fire Elemental (and earth ele) not working most of the times when summoned. Also Im not even sure how our flame shock dot scales with procs and int pots.

Mythic
    I am a bit confused. Yes, Fulmination was criting much higher before but i read a lot of posts saying that it was bugged in an OP way and now its fixed. I never played retail so i cant really judge that, so my question is, should Fulmination crit for 120-14k crits or 60k? which one is how its supposed to be?

Blmaestro
    Fulmination is at its correct damage value now. Before, it was overpowered.

These are the issues holding back ele dps, in order of importance:

1. Fire elemental totem. The biggest cry for ele shamans during cataclysm was the nerf to 2 pc t12, because they could no longer spam their Fire Elemental Totem indefinitely. Then they increased spell power scaling from 50 to 55% for 4.3. I watched a few videos and the fire elemental definitely does more than just melee and use fire shield. I saw them doing nova or something and hitting for 20k crits and another spell. So, your fire minion is meant to be there to deal devastating constant damage for 2 minutes.

2. Molten gcd lag. Don't like those 0.2 to 0.5 second gaps between casts? These are game breaking for ele shamans as their dps, unlike most casters, is extremely dependent on maximizing the number of casts rather than dot uptime.

3. Everything else. Includes rolling thunder charges not proccing off mastery lightning bolts or clear casting being consumed too quickly from w/e.

14. although if you compare the current dps to retail stats you'll see Ele is supposed to be superior to enha in every fight.
    and the source for that claim? i have data from january 2012 (4.3 was out for 2 month by then) that says the overall worldoflog median dps in 25man raids was:
    enhance: 29,352
    elemental: 27,552

link 1
    link 2

[edit] meh, page prohibits deep linking, heres the article first 2 pictures

First ... 23456 Last