1. BUMP good to see LUA coders still exist for 3.3.5a

If you don't mind I'd like to see if you may be able to help me out with another addon that's someone was working on downgrading until the quit wow
    What addon do you have in mind? Feel free to pm me if you want :)

2. Tried MPR last night in rs25hc, it's a really good addon,.
    Only one thing to complain, me and another person had the add-on, we both turned on that /s announcement and it become a spam of /s bubbles, i could not see properly what is going on around me. I can't imagine if 25 people had it set like that. I wanna say that maybe some range indicator that would recognize who has it turned on and allow only one guy to announce "meteor strike will drop in 7 seconds, move to the other side" (smth like that).

I know i can turn it off manually, just saying it would be good if the add-on does it automatically.

Btw, thanks, the add-on is really an improvement! :)

3. Really really usefull, good work there dude, thank youuu!

4. What addon do you have in mind? Feel free to pm me if you want :)
    My guess is this >.<
    http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=51521&page=62#post2218701

Decided I would test out some other addons and this sort of just beats em all. Thanks again for the addon and bumping for a friend as well.

5. HoP detect

Hello,
    First, really nice addon it helps a lot on pugs and guild raids..
    But, there are always trolling like on DBW (Dps test), some paladins use Hand of Protection on other guys (on melee/hunters) so they do lower dps and they get angry too.. Is there any way to detect who use Hand of Protection with this MPR addon? If not, Any idea how I can detect this problem so I can solve it by Gkicking/Raidkicking or just talking to them.
    Thanks!

6. Anyone know how to configure this addon so it reports additional spells, such as Misdirection?

7. Anyone know how to configure this addon so it reports additional spells, such as Misdirection?
    Right under the line MPR.lua:1043 put the following code:

Code:
    if spellName == "Misdirection" and UnitInRaid(sourceName) then
        self:ReportCastOnTarget(sourceName, destName, spellId)
    end
    Spoiler: Show

8. Right under the line MPR.lua:1043 put the following code:

Code:
    if spellName == "Misdirection" and UnitInRaid(sourceName) then
        self:ReportCastOnTarget(sourceName, destName, spellId)
    end
    Spoiler: Show

Sorry I'm a complete noob with addons. So I open my MPR.lua file in wow addons folder, right? What program do I open it with?

9. Sorry I'm a complete noob with addons. So I open my MPR.lua file in wow addons folder, right? What program do I open it with?
    Yes. Any text editor is fine, for example Notepad from Windows accessories.

10. Yes. Any text editor is fine, for example Notepad from Windows accessories.
    Hmm, are there any changes that I might have to make to that before copy-pasting it into notepad? It seems like it doesn't suit notepad's format. I copy-pasted it and it doesn't seem to be working.

While we're on the topic, do you think it'd be a cool addition if you added a configuration option to MPR where we could choose to add/remove auras we want it to report? That'd be beast :D I have a guildy who's edited the program a bit to make that possible, and he won't tell me how he did it xD. The picture he sent me was this.

11. Hmm, are there any changes that I might have to make to that before copy-pasting it into notepad? It seems like it doesn't suit notepad's format. I copy-pasted it and it doesn't seem to be working.

While we're on the topic, do you think it'd be a cool addition if you added a configuration option to MPR where we could choose to add/remove auras we want it to report? That'd be beast :D I have a guildy who's edited the program a bit to make that possible, and he won't tell me how he did it xD. The picture he sent me was this.
    Use Notepad++ then if you have problems, each line must have correct number of spaces/tabs.

There is another even easier way. I made arrays at the beginning of MPR.lua, see line MPR.lua:258 - there's an array where you can add/remove spells (in your case, add "Misdirection" after "Hand of Protection").

Those arrays somehow let you customize the addon, I didn't want to make mess with that many check boxes :)

12. Use Notepad++ then if you have problems, each line must have correct number of spaces/tabs.

There is another even easier way. I made arrays at the beginning of MPR.lua, see line MPR.lua:258 - there's an array where you can add/remove spells (in your case, add "Misdirection" after "Hand of Protection").

Those arrays somehow let you customize the addon, I didn't want to make mess with that many check boxes :)
    Notepad++ helped so much! I copy pasted the text and made it exactly like you had it in that picture, and it's working amazing now. I could never have done this on just notepad xD.

I also added a "or UnitInParty(sourceName)" command to make it so it reports when your target is in the party too :D

So if I wanted to keep adding those reports to more spells (like innervate, shattering throw, etc), I just continue adding them above the Lord Marrowgar Timers place?

13. Notepad++ helped so much! I copy pasted the text and made it exactly like you had it in that picture, and it's working amazing now. I could never have done this on just notepad xD.

I also added a "or UnitInParty(sourceName)" command to make it so it reports when your target is in the party too :D

So if I wanted to keep adding those reports to more spells (like innervate, shattering throw, etc), I just continue adding them above the Lord Marrowgar Timers place?
    sourceName is the caster of a spell, destName is the target :)

You can keep inserting those ugly IFs there, or you can check top of MPR.lua, there are some nice arrays with comments :P

Code:
    -- MPR original code:

--| Output: Unit casts [Spell] on Target. |--
    local spellsCastOnTarget = {"Hand of Protection"}

-- Example of putting more spells into arrays:

local spellsCastOnTarget = {"Hand of Protection", "Innervate", "Misdirection"}
    This would be the best way to do it, but I don't mind if you write a few more IFs and train Lua programming :)

14. sourceName is the caster of a spell, destName is the target :)

You can keep inserting those ugly IFs there, or you can check top of MPR.lua, there are some nice arrays with comments :P

Code:
    local spellsCastOnTarget = {"Hand of Protection"}

local spellsCastOnTarget = {"Hand of Protection", "Innervate", "Misdirection"}
    This would be the best way to do it, but I don't mind if you write a few more IFs and train Lua programming :)
    So if I want to add more spells for MPR to track, I simply add them where HOP, innervate, and misdirection are? Thanks so much!!

Yours is probably the single best addon that's unique to Molten :)

First 12345 Last