iAmAthirat
    Rexar, upload a vid of you doing dps @RS25HC inside the Shadow Realm please :)

2. Rexar, upload a vid of you doing dps @RS25HC inside the Shadow Realm please :)
    Well, mate, currently our guild donÔÇÖt doing any RS25HC raids, because some players (like 5 members) frequently leaving or joining the guild. So that is very hard to stack a very skilled, balanced and geared 25 man raid (3 epic tanks and 5 epic healers).

I should to notice that in RS25N or RS25HC raids any caster and especially elemental shamans should teleport outside during long phase 3. That phase shows changed DPS due to HalionÔÇÖs cross realm damage taken mechanics (it can be higher or lower than your raid average). During second phase (short enough) ele shamans canÔÇÖt show good DPS due to intensive movement mechanics. The Halion is not a DPS boss, especially if you are hit by Combustion or Consumption debuffs frequently.

So what I mean ÔÇô every class in WoW has own concept role. ItÔÇÖs impossible to do mostly Heroic raids with only hunters, only mages or only paladins as a DPS role in raid. The ele shamans and moonkins, as I posted a lot in this guide, are a supporting classes for raids. They are counterbalance for casters like mages, demo locks and shadow priests in chaotic fights (LDW, Gunship, PP scripted ÔÇô need to nuke oozes, BPC, VDW, LK, Halion) where is required to change targets fast and frequently and burst something fast and hard.

Some battle concepts:
    Demo Video1: Lethality vs The Lich King 10HC by Rexarjr
    Demo Video2: Lethality vs Gunship Battle 25HC by Rexarjr

In this case, classes which benefits from dozens of DoTs ÔÇô suffers a lot to DPS. They are counterbalance for feral druids and rogues mostly, but partially for warriors, DKs and retry palas; where the boss flies during the encounter, teleports himself away or using another scattered mechanics like BPC. ItÔÇÖs known that feral druids (I leveled one) and rogues DPS is based on bleed effects, poisoning and their stacks, so such boss mechanics just resetting that. What about hunters - they always was and are overpowered DPS class, because they doing ranged powerful single target DPS, huge AoE DPS, their DPS is not DoT based, can show good DPS during moving (their well skilled pet can pull like 2500-3000 dps also). There is not point to show always the highest DPS being an elemental shaman.

In the end of this article :) I want to notice that elemental shamans can pull really high DPS during HalionÔÇÖs 25HC phase 3 (Top 3 ÔÇô 5; you canÔÇÖt beat Blizzard, Knife Fan or Star Fall mostly). Just replace your Glyph of Lava with Glyph of Chain Lightning and, I agree with your talent build there, put 2 talent points to Improved Fire Nova (+20% increased dmg and 4 sec cool down reduction). After Meteorite Strike run to opposite side and drop the Magma Totem under the Halion, but stay close to the boss. Open with Chain Lightning on trashes and when they will be close spam Fire Nova, Thunderstorm (Glyphed!) and Chain Lightning. This is one among few encounters where improved Fire Nova is a must.

VIDEO: The Halion 25N vs Elemental Shaman POV by Rexarjr.

PS. In the previous video all raid members are under BiS (over 6.4kGS), Retry paladins had BiS gear (6.6 - 6.8kGS). By the way, I began the encounter slowly, until droped the totems and popped my racial and cooldowns. That is a guild trivial weekly RS25N raid with the best AVG DPS between 10-12kDPS. Really, without ICC buffs (AVG 16-20k DPS) and a lot of Molten fixes the real DPS looks like on Retail WoW. The Retry paladins are not so overpowered like hunters, due to their increased damage vs undead, outside the ToC and ICC.

iAmAthirat
    Rexar. I want to see you dpsing in shadow realm and staying toe to toe with melees and maybe beating them since you are claiming you are one of the best elementalists in this realm.

4. I don't even play Shaman, somehow I got there and I had to reply: this is AWESOME.
    Great guide, I see you put a lot of effort and time doing this, and helped many people.

Thank you and props for the guide!

5. May 7, 2014  
    sad to see people just spamming BS instead of posting something helpful.

Thirat, this aint an e-peen competition. take ur dick somewhere else.

6. May 9, 2014  
    wew dats wut i call a guide gj :D

7. June 6, 2014  
    Good news, everyone!

... I got The Light of Dawn achievement finally and luckily rolled for Invincible's Reins.

Bad news, everyone!

... this requires hundreds and hundreds of wipes for any fresh guild. Watch parody video for an epic fun!

P.S. :D

8. July 3, 2014  
    Awesome work i can see my dps has risen up!

9. The Guide Status Changed

Hi everybody!

I was away for a long time

IÔÇÿm glad to present the updated and corrected guide, designed under ÔÇ£menu style structureÔÇØ with well marked paragraphs and lists to help you find and read interested responses as fast as possible.

10. about elemental precision

the talent elemental precision says +3% hit and reduced threat for only shock spells so its actually not increasing hit for other spells right?
    so do we really need it..i mean as we are goin to cap hit anyways for other spells
    or does it have some other mechanism that it increases hit of all spells

11. the talent elemental precision says +3% hit and reduced threat for only shock spells so its actually not increasing hit for other spells right?
    so do we really need it..i mean as we are goin to cap hit anyways for other spells
    or does it have some other mechanism that it increases hit of all spells
    The Elemental Precision is very important talent for PVE raider. Jump to link (WOWWIKKI) and read ÔÇ£Patch changesÔÇØ section: Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008) until Patch 3.3.5.a: Chance to hit reduced to 1/2/3% from 2/4/6%, but threat reduction increased to 10/20/30% up from 4/7/10% with Fire, Frost and Nature spells!

Firstly

You can leave this talent if you have mixed PVP&PVE (mixed) Elemental Shaman Spec Tree 3.3.5. Mode 57/14/0 (Read the chapter 1.6. Elemental Talent Tree and Glyphs of this guide), but remember, you must stack addition Hit Rating through gems and Enchants to reach ÔÇ£Soft CapÔÇØ barrier of 14% if you gonna raiding, because with Priests Misery (+3% Hit) or talented Balance druid Faerie Fire (+3% Hit) you will reach ÔÇ£Hard CapÔÇØ of 17% = 446Hit Rating (A 100% chance to hit the lvl83 boss). If you are draenei ÔÇô you need 13% Hit without 3 points on Elemental Precision!

Tip. Read chapters: 2.8. The Stats Priority, 2.9. Gemming the BiS Gear, 2.10. The Elemental Shamans Best Enchants

If you stack Elemental Precision then:
    1. For Draenei: 10% = 262.3 Hit Rating required through gear, gems and enchants;
    2. Non Draenei: 11% = 288.53 Hit Rating required through gear, gems and enchants.

Secondly

This talent improves your Fire, Frost and Nature spells. In other words ÔÇô all your character spells:
    1. Non Binary: Lightning Bolt (Nature), Chain Lightning (Nature), Lava Burst (Fire), Lightning Shield (Nature), Thunderstorm (Nature).
    2. Semi-Binary: Flame Shock (Fire), Earth Shock (Nature) and Frost Shock (Frost).
    3. Binary (partially in a bit diff mode): Purge, Hex, Wind Shear, Root.

12. glyph of elemental mastery

thanks for the info on elemental precision..
    one more question btw..after getting two t10 set items..shud we change one of the glyphs to glyph of elemental mastery..so as to frequently use it..

13. thanks for the info on elemental precision..
    one more question btw..after getting two t10 set items..shud we change one of the glyphs to glyph of elemental mastery..so as to frequently use it..
    That Glyph sux in any way. The Glyph can be usable in some PVP situations looks/maybe.

Use recomended... The Glyph function can be replaced by Engineering Gloves. Read profession paragraphs...

14. abt thunderstorm

btw is thunderstorm's pushback bugged..i mean it shows that players are thrown back but actually doesnt affect the distance..in pvp that is..

15. btw is thunderstorm's pushback bugged..i mean it shows that players are thrown back but actually doesnt affect the distance..in pvp that is..
    It's bugged partially. To reduce the bug chance try to use that spell while your target/targets are like in min 3 yards away from you.

For PVP it works much better anyway, because player characters have another math calculations.

For PVE it will bug like in 75% cases, due to trashes links to spawned positions math (simplified, not as on official Blizzard Servers)

First 12345 ... Last