1. Question abt flame shock

Just a quick question guys, its basically for pvp and pve i guess, when i cast flame shock, do i dps more when i let it run for its full time? or do i use it on everysingle CD? Reason being is cuz my cd is pretty fast, so i just renew it everytime it comes off cooldown, den i cast lava burst right after. So, which is better, wait till it fully finishes before using it again and just cast lightning bolts and lava bursts between? or use it on cd?

Tnx for ur help :D

2. Just a quick question guys, its basically for pvp and pve i guess, when i cast flame shock, do i dps more when i let it run for its full time? or do i use it on everysingle CD? Reason being is cuz my cd is pretty fast, so i just renew it everytime it comes off cooldown, den i cast lava burst right after. So, which is better, wait till it fully finishes before using it again and just cast lightning bolts and lava bursts between? or use it on cd?

Tnx for ur help :D
    Pretty sure using earth shock when flame shock dot is up is gonna give more dps, but I'm not 100% sure.

3. Pretty sure using earth shock when flame shock dot is up is gonna give more dps, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks for that idea bro, makes sense to me too, anyone else with any idea on this? im playing elemental shaman on 3.3.5 btw,allience alien race xd

4. Bump! anyone else can answer my question? D:

SilverAxis
    Hmm, no idea about cata but for wotlk you just spam lightning bolt when FS is still on the target (I'm assuming you are an ele shammy because you said you use lava burst). Using earth shock when flame shock is still on the target is for enhance dps, and he's probably an ele shaman. :D

SilverAxis
    Basically, this is your priority list.

1. FS when there's no FS on the target
    2. Lava Burst when target has FS
    3. Lightning Bolt when LB is on cooldown and there is FS on the target

7. ohh, tnx for your answers guys, yes im ele shaman and yes its wotlk btw xD, so i guess i was totally nab for spamming flame shock on cd. So using frost shock in pve/pvp is basically useless unless i wana slow a mob (or player in pvp) i guess? and using earth shock almost with flame shock to have both effects on the target at the same time is a waste too eh?

SilverAxis
    Yep. Earth shock is only used by enhance shammies when other abilities are off cd and there's FS on the target. It's more of a filler skill for enhance. Using lightning bolt can proc your extra lightning bolt (forgot the name of the talent) so spam it when lava burst is on CD and FS is on the target.

9. Yep. Earth shock is only used by enhance shammies when other abilities are off cd and there's FS on the target. It's more of a filler skill for enhance. Using lightning bolt can proc your extra lightning bolt (forgot the name of the talent) so spam it when lava burst is on CD and FS is on the target.
    Ok,thanks alot then man, and yea ur right, the extra lightning bolt talent on RNG chance, would give moar dps than earth shock, THanks then, i have my rotation downpact :D

iAmAthirat
    Earth shock is a waste of GCD unless you are moving, don't clip Flameshock if you dont have 6k+ SP procd

11. Bump! anyone else can answer my question? D:
    I can redirect you to my current thread post. Read paragraph 1.6. Elemental Talent Tree and Glyphs to understand the ele shamans concept. I will add new paragraphs to my thread in future :).

12. I can redirect you to my current thread post. Read paragraph 1.6. Elemental Talent Tree and Glyphs to understand the ele shamans concept. I will add new paragraphs to my thread in future :).
    Ok thanks bro, will do ~

pisellion
    Bro is better use frost shock, you will deal more damage then earth shock, just make a test at any city where there are dummies and check it with some damage addon

14. As said before, just spam lighntingbolts aslong lavaburst is on cd and fs is on target. If u have to move and cant't cast, and fs is on target, use frostshock as it does more dmg than earthshock.

cheewee
    Your primary objective is to ensure that Flameshock is up at all times. The only time you should cast FS is to refresh it if it's about to expire. Based on the timing in your rotation, you should always cast Lightning Bolt (assuming Lava Lash is on CD) unless FS is going to expire before you finish casting LB; otherwise, you're wasting that GCD time to cast a spell that doesn't add to your DPS.

12 Last