1. Elemental shaman, suitable for 2s?

Ey guys,

I recently picked up my elemental shaman, but i noticed that in 2s i got focussed and nuked down like Hell.
    So, whats the best 2s partner i can get for rating, or do i just need to reroll resto (been that 3y since ive made by shammy)

Thnx in advance.

2. Depends on what your goal is. You don't have many viable options for high rating.

• Either go with a partner that can give you extra survivability (e.g. retri).
    • Or go with a partner that has the same crazy burst we have (e.g. fire mage).
    • Personally also found it extremely easy to reach high rating with a healer.

All of these options have a lot of weaknesses.

Be honest to yourself, set reasonable goals. You won't ever reach top 10 with Ele in 2s, on the other hand 2.2k rating isn't hard to achieve.

Comicman
    ele + balance dudu is nice burst combo as well

4. do it with Destruction Warlock, believe me you won't regret

5. Dwarfos ran to 2.8k with an arms warrior, as ele, and 2.4k with a firemage.

So yes, I prefer the Ele/Fire comp, just about one shot anything in an opener.

6. Ele/fire in 2s and you can try with destro lock aswell with extremelly good cc. But if you want rank 1 just go resto with affli lock and gg, undefeatable combo.

7. Yup. Crazy burst from destro/ele combo. The succubus from destro can seduce one while you destroy his team mate.

8. I ran 2,6k+ with a frost mage on last season, it was a pretty good comp with insane burst but on this season, with cataclysmic gear out, I find it not viable for 2s after some rogue killed me from 100 to 0 in one kidney, even without his partner helping him. I'm rolling enh.

kmyrk
    I always found elemental shaman's were great in 3v3 with a good healer and support to peel off heavy hitters.

I enjoy it because it's one of the more difficult classes to play well; with little forgiveness for messing up. But if you time your earthbinds, lavashocks, flame novas, hexes, etc appropriately while constantly purging off HoTs and wind'ing their heals; it makes for an agressive mail spell caster.

Definitely go into enh to get instant ghostwolf

sn3kox
    Ofc ele shaman is suitable for 2's , just need to get good lock partner and you can reach nice ranks in 2's.
    And if someone say's that ele sham is **** in 2's so they should learn to play them.