1. [Model Editing]Model Swap (X-bow/Gun to Bow)

Model swapping guide from CrossBows/Guns to Bows

If you do not know what model swapping is you can visit [Guide]Model Editing (patch 3.3.5a) made by Buuren, he wrote a very good guide on Item Editing, Spell Editing and much more. What we are interested in is Item Editing so go take a look at it first if you haven't done it before.

So why am I writing this guide? Because swapping and x-box or a gun to a bow or vice-a-versa is a bit more complicated and here is why.

1) Bows are a left hand item while crossbows and guns are right handed
    2) Bows have different animations than crossbows or guns.

Program you will need:
    Model Swapper - for easily changing the model of the weapon
    Xvi32 - Free hex editor for fixing hand position and item animation

i will be changing the model for [Felglacier Bolter] to [Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury]

Changing the model:

1) Navigate to your WoW folder and BACKUP your Cache folder.

2) Open Model Swapper (As Administrator) and swap out the models as in the picture below. You should get a message saying that the swap was successful.

Changing the hand position:

1) Open up Xvi32

2) Select File->Open... and select the file itemcache.wdb located in .../World of Warcraft/Cache/WDB/enUS/

3) Select Search and enter the EXACT name of the item you are modifing Felglacier Bolter (in this case). The screen will jump to the location of the item.

----------- Hand Position cheat-sheet --------------------------------
    Hand positions for ranged wapons in HEX code are as follow:
    1A = right hand (x-bows, guns)
    0F = left hand (bows)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

4) Now in one of the top 4 lines from where the search left us we need to find the HEX code for the right hand (1A) position for the item and change it to left hand (0F). To change the value just click the square and type the new value.

5) Save Changes and exit.

Changing weapon animation:

1) Open up Xvi32

2) Select File->Open... and select the file itemcache.wdb located in .../World of Warcraft/Cache/WDB/enUS/

----------- Animation cheat-sheet -----------------------------------
    Animation list for wapons in HEX code are as follow:
    12 = CrossBows
    02 = Bows
    03 = Guns
    -------- other ---------
    0F = Daggers
    0D = Fist Weapons
    10 = Thrown
    13 = Wands
    04 = 1h Mace
    01 = 2h Axe
    06 = Polearm
    14 = Fishing Poles (^_^)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

We know that our new model Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury is a bow so we need to edit our Felglacier Bolter to animate like a bow.

3) Select Search and enter the EXACT name of the item you are modifing Felglacier Bolter (in this case). The screen will jump to the location of the item.

4) You should see 4x[FF] ([FF][FF][FF][FF] <--- like this to the left of where your cursor is) now follow this line left until you get to the first box with a value (other than 00 of course) in it and in my example it's 12 and change it to 02 (bow).

Now you can launch the game and enjoy your new weapon!!!!

If you need help or have any questions feel free to post your question in this thread!

2. May 5, 2016  
    Hey Zelta, I have a question.

When I changed the position of my two 1 handed axes from the side sheath position to the back position it works just fine when I don't have my bow out. When I do use my bow, one of the axes on my back disappears until I put my bow away. Is there a way to fix this?

I followed this guide: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...-position.html

3. Model swapping guide from CrossBows/Guns to Bows

If you do not know what model swapping is you can visit [Guide]Model Editing (patch 3.3.5a) made by Buuren, he wrote a very good guide on Item Editing, Spell Editing and much more. What we are interested in is Item Editing so go take a look at it first if you haven't done it before.

So why am I writing this guide? Because swapping and x-box or a gun to a bow or vice-a-versa is a bit more complicated and here is why.

1) Bows are a left hand item while crossbows and guns are right handed
    2) Bows have different animations than crossbows or guns.

Program you will need:
    Model Swapper - for easily changing the model of the weapon
    Xvi32 - Free hex editor for fixing hand position and item animation

i will be changing the model for [Felglacier Bolter] to [Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury]

Changing the model:

1) Navigate to your WoW folder and BACKUP your Cache folder.

2) Open Model Swapper (As Administrator) and swap out the models as in the picture below. You should get a message saying that the swap was successful.

Changing the hand position:

1) Open up Xvi32

----------- Hand Position cheat-sheet --------------------------------
    Hand positions for ranged wapons in HEX code are as follow:
    1A = right hand (x-bows, guns)
    0F = left hand (bows)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

4) Now in one of the top 4 lines from where the search left us we need to find the HEX code for the right hand (1A) position for the item and change it to left hand (0F). To change the value just click the square and type the new value.

Changing weapon animation:

1) Open up Xvi32

----------- Animation cheat-sheet -----------------------------------
    Animation list for wapons in HEX code are as follow:
    12 = CrossBows
    02 = Bows
    03 = Guns
    -------- other ---------
    0F = Daggers
    0D = Fist Weapons
    10 = Thrown
    13 = Wands
    04 = 1h Mace
    01 = 2h Axe
    06 = Polearm
    14 = Fishing Poles (^_^)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

We know that our new model Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury is a bow so we need to edit our Felglacier Bolter to animate like a bow.

4) You should see 4x[FF] ([FF][FF][FF][FF] <--- like this to the left of where your cursor is) now follow this line left until you get to the first box with a value (other than 00 of course) in it and in my example it's 12 and change it to 02 (bow).

Now you can launch the game and enjoy your new weapon!!!!

If you need help or have any questions feel free to post your question in this thread!
    mate I got a question for you plz.

been trying to use Trauma > Val'anyr only as model for my own but isn't working and idk why

http://i.imgur.com/Pmr2S5W.png

look at that image up here that, it shows that error :( can you help me with that?

4. Hey, is it possible to swap enchants somehow? I'm not really fond of the red glow and would much rather have it look like lifestealing or icy weapon.

5. is there any newer version of modelswaper? or is there anyway to update it's databese?