l3vz1m1n

Resto pvp

So, I haven't played for a long time (and actually mostly played wotlk before), but now I would like to start playing a pvp healer.

I have never played a healer class before so I've got some questions.

1) Are shamans considered a good choice for pvp healers? (bgs and 2's)
    2) What addons do healers use in pvp?
    3) How do I setup my keybindings for a bg? It looks pretty hard to manage all these targets..

In pve I think there's an addon that allows you to cast heals by clicking character names. But I don't think it would work in pvp at all... I need a less static way... Tips and good guides are more than welcome...

Thanks a lot in advance!

AmaMonsta
    1) Shamans are great in arena, but not as good in RBG's. I believe the general consensus is that they are the best overall healers for 4.3.

2) The addons i use for pvp are: Gladius, Vuhdo/Grid+Clique/Healbot(they all do the same things just differently), Say Sapped(Bg's), HealersHavetoDie(BG), SpellAlerter(arena or bg), InteruptBar(Arena)

Gladius: is just a unit frame addon that shows more information than the default

Vuhdo/Grid+Clique/Healbot: Are all healing addons in which u can use mouseovers to cast your heals. This is great for BG's although i highly suggest using target macros for Arena once you become a more fluid healer.

Say Sapped: just an addon that says "im sapped" to people around you. Great for pesky rogues in BG's

HealersHavetoDie: is an addon that marks and announces enemy healers which helps in BG focus.

Spell Alerter: Alerts you to dangerous enemy spells that others may be casting. (Recklessness, Polymorph, Hex, ...etc)

Interrupt Bar: Just use it as an extension of Gladius, it shows the cd's of enemy interuppts after they have been used.

3) I generally use one of the 3 mentioned above. So for me mouseovers are the way to go.

Oh yeah "In pve I think there's an addon that allows you to cast heals by clicking character names. But I don't think it would work in pvp at all... I need a less static way" = Mouseover

U can find a shaman guides at skill capped, Arenajunkies, and i believe there is a decent one at MMO Champion also but all it takes is a google search. ;)

Enjoy your shaman.

3. Shamans are considered one of the best if not the best pvp healers in 4.3.4

General rule of thumb concerning addons in pvp; use the least possible. Don't use healbot, grid or any other addon that requires you to heal by clicking bars in arena specifically. You'll find yourself looking at your little bars instead of what's happening around you.

As Ama suggested, look up target macros.