faxxy15

Is a shaman's dps really that bad?

Hello,

Somewhere I read that "shamans can fulfill most roles but can't do them very good". So I'm wondering about rolling a ele shaman or an ench. shaman. What I fear is will my dps be bad? Not just at lvl 80, but earlier lvls also. Thanks.

EDIT: and are they really bad at PVP?

2. They are not bad, they are just not meant to top the dps meters. We are a support class, don't forget that. The good thing about wotlk is that we are the only ones with Bloodlust. Every raids needs a shaman whether they like it or not.

In PvP, Thundercleave and Turbo Cleave are one of the more dangerous wotlk comps out there.

On a side note, please don't say 'enchantment' shaman :).

faxxy15
    What if I got to choose between Druid and Shaman? Who's better for individual PvP and raiding?

4. What if I got to choose between Druid and Shaman? Who's better for individual PvP and raiding?
    Its very hard to say which one is better because they are equal.

If u enjoy to do bgs and care about the damage statistic u can play moonkin or ele shami.
    They are both great damage dealer and always under the top places in the damage statistic.

if u wanna do arena feral and enhance are pretty equal.
    the ele shami is more common in arena than a moonkin because he is easier to play but moonkin can also do well.

In the end there is no stronger class for PvP.
    Wotlk is so balanced that u can play every class.

I would play whatevere u prefer.... playing a class just because its stronger is stupid anyway...

faxxy15
    Whenever I duel a druid I get beaten because I can't cast any spells (we were both low lvls) and he just transforms into one of his animal forms and beats me up. What can I do? Or are druids just better at pvp?

6. As ele you won't beat a feral. He can shapeshift out of your roots, dash back after thunderstorm, you can't hex him. There's nothing to do.

1v1 is not balanced, don't draw conclusions based on it.

faxxy15
    do you think I can lvl up solo?

8. Hello there,

Everyone can Lvl-up solo :)

Regards, Morphy

faxxy15
    I'm like torn between a shaman and a druid..who's like better in PVP and PVM? 2v2? 5v5? raids/dungeons? more fun to play with?

10. I'm like torn between a shaman and a druid..who's like better in PVP and PVM? 2v2? 5v5? raids/dungeons? more fun to play with?
    They are both equal in pvp and pve.
    Just play what u enjoy more.

11. more fun is shaman for sure, totems, ~random skill rotation + pretty decent dps in end game 24-28k dbs 25m - i strongly believe i couldl pull even more with 2x havoc's HC ;)
    i mean enh shaman ofc

resto most important talent [ 80% more chance to trigger earthliving] does not work
    and ele shaman rotation is basicaly 1 button, cause u pull more dps with pure lb than with lb/flame/frost/lava combination - LOL

12. Hello,

Somewhere I read that "shamans can fulfill most roles but can't do them very good". So I'm wondering about rolling a ele shaman or an ench. shaman. What I fear is will my dps be bad? Not just at lvl 80, but earlier lvls also. Thanks.

EDIT: and are they really bad at PVP?
    Read my post

13. In PvP, Thundercleave and Turbo Cleave are one of the more dangerous wotlk comps out there.
    You forgot lsp-d!!!Most op comp in 3.3.5!!!