1. http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=236240 let me know if you wanna work with me or want requests i sometimes do free art for peeps xd

2. The original size was 900x700 working including the background. So yes it got scaled down quite a bit, but overall the quality wasn't that bad, you can still see all the detail, the lines are smooth. I took a lower sized version but the quality looked worse, the anti-aliasing on it was non existent.

As for text, I really can't stand fancy fonts let alone on an image where the central feature was the character and it would have left everyone without a flow and distracing, hence why it is simple, just the lighting on it.

Anyway, here is the original (Model+Background) so you can see how it started.
    So it's just an edited screenshot with a model + a text and a green effect to it? Not impressive.
    And next time think about feathering the edges of a model because that pixelating is awful.

3. Why are you all hating like that?Not sure if jelyous.

4. stop stealing gfx designers thunder :(

in OP's defense: seeing her age, how serious previous years of work might be in PS, add to that break and you end up with something average for start but im sure theres room for improvement.
    i was working in PS for about 2 years, took break for 3months during summer and when i wanted to return to it i just couldnt be bothered so now im paying some murican guy to do stuff for me

5. Damn, all these pro artists here.

It's a god damn avatar and it's best one i see in this thread. Only usefull thing you haters said is this:
    ... next time think about feathering the edges of a model because that pixelating is awful.
    Keep it up.

6. Go go Whatsy :* don't dissapoint me

7. Hater? I hate nobody, except for brussel sprouts. I hate them with passion. :D

It's called critique.

8. Starting off small :3

Anything would be helpful, whether it be good or bad, a girl needs to improve.
    One of the easiest ways to improve the quality of your work is to avoid using WoW renders, or any game render, really. They're always low-quality. Always. Just don't do it. I'm not trying to imply that you're lacking in ability or anything, merely that your source is poor.

9. The light at the top of the X makes no sense. It is unclear if it is part of the image or the text or where the source is. If the waterfall is the source then the light is inconsistent with other areas, if it is a random source obscured by the light itself, then it needs to light up the inside of the waist and arm of the character as it passes (unless it is in front of the character but then there are far more issues and everything gets very tricky very fast...)

The green sparkles are alright, assuming they are meant to belong to the background, not the armour.

What is the green mesh thing about? It seems to be totally detached from the rest of the image yet it is not flowing through the ether and clearly avoids the characters head. (The head also ends up implicitly linked to the letters as they are the only two things that avoid the green hue, this is kind of odd.)
    The mesh begins to suggest it belongs to the armour before the details tell you it clearly does not.

The composition also needs improvement, the initial crop is sloppy. Don't crop chop across curves like the right shoulder armour unless you really know what you are doing. Don't crop off bits of hands either.

If the picture does not fit the aspect/exact crop you are trying to get no amount of work will make it fit. Take another picture or change the crop/aspect.

I approve of the simple bold text. However there are again issues with lighting, the slight glow of the text is poorly done and blends the text with the image, that washed out glow doesn't add anything to the image and only takes away from the bold beveled text.

Overall, too many elements that appear to have been done in such and such a way or added at all without any real planning of how and why they should fit together.

Average stuff redeemed by not using a lens flare.

As for "haters blabla" ... the worst thing you could do is tell people who post something they spent a few mins on in PS is "omg its amazing"... if you do that with anything creative you end up with the self-serving back slapping mediocrity that makes up 95%+ of deviant art.

Marks mean different things from different people. e.g. 7 from me (who gives an average of 2 or 3 on the internet) is far higher praise than a 9 from Person B. who gives an average of 6 or 7 and has given out 100s of 10s. (And a 2 from me is better than a 5 from person B.) Keep it relative.

10. That's what I was after, thank you.

But your right about there being no plan, I didn't go out there and go I'm going to do it this way, I just let everything come together. I was just experimenting with little bits of everything.

p.s Lens Flares are ****ing stupid and I don't see why people feel the need to use them. I can create better light effect with a bloody white brush than one of them.

11. I think it looks great!
    I can't do it better :)
    Regards

12. Looks really good .
    I Really like it.

It is easy to see that you have used photoshop alot (means that you are not a person who just says it with out reason , you understand about it and you know how to do things right).

First 12