1. Back to Photoshop

So I spent a good 8 years of my life playing around with photoshop, and I took a break about 10-12 month back. Anyway reinstalled it on my computer, trying to get back into it.

Starting off small :3

Anything would be helpful, whether it be good or bad, a girl needs to improve.

2. Very good quality of the render tho.The text is way too simple,can be improved a bit more.

9,9 from 10 ;P

3. Would some of you 2 make me cover of Human warrior called Babaroga? btw (his hair is bald)
    Cool effects please :D

4. Could just be the fact that your picture got scaled down a lot, but the shading/texture quality is atrocious. Too much blur and shininess.

3/10 at best tbh. It's really nothing more than a character render anyways.

5. Graphic Design != amateur PS skills.

6. why dont you take it as a major :P u can make alot of money with it hehe!!
    Sure, because they make a lot of money with premade avatars.

And as for OT - I won't even go into it. 8 years of PS and it'd be looking way better than that.

7. Sure, because they make a lot of money with premade avatars.

And as for OT - I won't even go into it. 8 years of PS and it'd be looking way better than that.
    I asked for Constructive comments, not demoralising ones. It's been a year, I have none of my stuff on this, this was a fresh install today, no brushes, no fonts, no patterns, nothing.

So unless you have something helpful to say then please don't post here.

8. Anything would be helpful, whether it be good or bad, a girl needs to improve.

I asked for Constructive comments, not demoralising ones. It's been a year, I have none of my stuff on this, this was a fresh install today, no brushes, no fonts, no patterns, nothing.

So unless you have something helpful to say then please don't post here.

You didn't ask for constructive criticism, you asked us to tell you what we thought. What did you even DO to the avatar? It literally looks like you just took a character render and pasted it onto a black background, added way too much lighting, and then put "JYX" on it.

You don't need PS to make something like that. It's called MS Paint.

9. If you're looking for only positive comments then art is not for you I'm afraid.

- Just a normal avatar, nothing special
    - Size is too small for it to be looked at decently.
    - Text/font/whatever that is is a bit generic but okay I guess.
    - Model is imported from Model Viewer, nothing artistic there
    - Background is okay.

4/10

Artsy
    I personally think it's a great start. :)

11. Model is imported from Model Viewer, nothing artistic there
    I kinda agree. for someone with 8 years of experience in photoshop (even if it just a fresh PS installment) I expected a little more than just a background and a character imported from WMV.

Size is a bit too small too.

all in all, it looks good for just a profile picture.
    nothing more or less.

12. So I spent a good 8 years of my life playing around with photoshop, and I took a break about 10-12 month back. Anyway reinstalled it on my computer, trying to get back into it.

Starting off small :3

Anything would be helpful, whether it be good or bad, a girl needs to improve.
    nice one:cool:what you used for this i mean which PS:)

13. There render has a crap load of tiny dots on it, which really messes up the overall avatar for me. The text is (imo) slightly oversized but its simple, which is good. It would be a lot better if you cleaned up the render and turned down the text size a tiny bit. You did a decent job, not bad.

14. The original size was 900x700 working including the background. So yes it got scaled down quite a bit, but overall the quality wasn't that bad, you can still see all the detail, the lines are smooth. I took a lower sized version but the quality looked worse, the anti-aliasing on it was non existent.

As for text, I really can't stand fancy fonts let alone on an image where the central feature was the character and it would have left everyone without a flow and distracing, hence why it is simple, just the lighting on it.

Anyway, here is the original (Model+Background) so you can see how it started.

12 Last