Siparti

List of Available Dungeons and Raids (Vanilla + BC)

Fellow Kingslayers,

I'm quite interested which old dungeons and raids are available to us on the WotLK realms.

I've seen a thread with a listing of all dungeons on the Cata realms, but none for us. I thought it might be nice if we created a list for ourselves, seeing as this information is not readily available to new players (and anyone that's interested).

2. Mostly all work, so its easier for me to tell you which ones dont work
    - Blackwing Lair - Nefarian is missing
    - Karazhan - Nightbane cant be spawned (he is not needed anyway), The Chess Game isnt scripted (can be skipped) and a bunch of quests from the opening of naxx link to Kara, they should have been removed but they arent
    - Sunwell Plateau - Sathovarr and Kalecgos encounter is missing, everything else works fine, but is hard as hell and most people skip it (which is considered exploiting btw)
    - Molten Core - Majordomo will randomly send players to Darkshore. He can be skipped tho
    - Blackrock Depths - Works fine but the Shadowforge gate doesnt have a pathing map, you can skip a part of the dungeon that way. Oh, the teleport pads dont work
    - Temple of Ahn'Qiraj - The twins are buggy, you need to kill them as soon as possible, dont let them reach phase 2 or you are done for. They can be skipped tho
    - Serpentshrine Cavern - The bridge can be summoned at any time, allowing the raid to skip all bosses and reach the Lady

Everything else is ok, you can reach/kill all the bosses but the script might be a bit different from retail

3. CoT: Battle for Mount Hyjal : Don't know after recent fixes, few months ago achivement was not awarded when you finish whole raid. It was given only if you get a armor token and trade it for the item it was meant to.

Heroic TBC Dungeons: I don't know how it was on retail, but here Npc's hit hard (3-6k per hit on a clothie), so be carefull when you're soloing them.

4. Everything is achievable... If not then you can get the achievement by voting for an item that will give you the achievement if your just interested in that, for example you can vote for nefarians head in the vote shop for black wing.

Siparti
    Ah! I seem to have made a completely useless thread then!

I saw a thread someone made about Cataclysm instances, and there it said things like maraudon and uldaman were not available, that you couldn't even enter!

I assumed, quite wrongly, that this would also be the case on the WotLK servers!

Thanks for the info people!:D

mantas964
    Sunwell Plateau is kinda broken (the fire wall thing after the first boss doesnt dissaper) , but if you know what to do, you can still get to KJ, kill him and get the smexy bow :P

afkhalis
    I don't find it worthless. Thanks for asking because I was considering a switch from Cata to WOTLK and I didn't have enough information about WOTLK servers to make a decision. Thanks!

brandonto
    If you care about lower level instances too: Wailing Caverns is kinda busted as well, you can just walk straight to Mutanis and kill him to get satchel...

9. I heard that you can't kill malygos in eye of eternity because he isn't there...
    Also heard that ulduar is just one big scripting mess here ;)

as goes for dungeons: haven't played much lately but there are some not so well but doable ones, there are pretty good ones and you've got total derp oculus......
    oh well... I'll stick to cataclysm here as the things that ARE scripted there are actually done very well! wotlk is much scripted but not all as good as compared to cata.

10. I really wish they could just spawn Malygos in EoE so people can get the Frozen Waste title.

He used to available as a tank and spank boss, don't know why they removed it....

Eidis
    If nearly all dungeons are available on the Wrath servers, why are almost none of the pre-Cata dungeons available on the Cata servers? Are they really all incompatible or have they just not been imported yet?

12. Cata and Wotlk use different scripting languages. The devs basically started scripting from scratch, so no, they cant simply copy the scripts. It was discussed somewhere else

Eidis
    Damn, that's rough, but thanks for the confirmation Codenamed. If you come across the source for that again I'd be interested in reading about it, especially why they changed the language, if that's mentioned.

14. Uldaman is broken in wotlk ragnaros server when you reach the last boss , he is not targetable and that way there is no way you can attack him the figth just down want to start even if you use the altar of archaedas or the staff in the map room

Please help

15. Uldaman is broken in wotlk ragnaros server when you reach the last boss , he is not targetable and that way there is no way you can attack him the figth just down want to start even if you use the altar of archaedas or the staff in the map room

Please help
    http://scr.hu/0mkb/a5ety doable? doable! xD

12 Last