1. Wotlk - Question on 2H Enhancement

I'm interested in making a 2H Enhancement Shammy using Windfury. I read somewhere that you need 2 1h weps and windfury on each to proc Windfury. I just wanted to clarify two things:

1. Can you do 2h Windfury?
    2. Would it be a good idea? Would my DPS come close to the same build using 2 1handers?

As for my background I played WoW pre TBC and used to get my face rolled by 2H WF shammys (was a ret pally) and years later I just started playing again, and I'd really love to try it out for myself.

Sorry if the question has been asked, I searched and didn't see the answers.

2. It is not viable anymore, it was only good in TBC days.

3. The overall damage is way lower and you don't get enough proccs by that. Though it can still lead to a random oneshot (windfury procc with 2h equipped still deals immense damage)
    I wouldn't recommend it though.

4. You have absolutely no reason to do so, as everything in game encourages you to go dual wield (from the talent tree to the 2hweap stats). You can still do this for a fun massive proc, but your DPS will never be even close to a dual wield enhance.

As stated above, this was more of a vanilla/TBC thing.

btw: if you go dual you have to aim for 1H slow weapons (usually 2.60/2.70 speed) on both hands to make the windfury procs better

5. Thanks for the responses - def. not what I was hoping to hear. My favorite part of my old pally was seeing huge crits pop up and getting big SoC crits (that mitigated armor as it was holy danage)