1. May 19, 2016  
    Intro

Hello. I decided to make this thread solely to help out beginners(hopefully) and make it a reliable source of proper warrior-ship, and also many players asked me to make videos or fraps to help them out. These are the things that I have learned so far in my years as warrior and hopefully it does at least a decent job to help you guys out. Please note that I merely did this to help beginners out, so don't expect a skill-cap level of guide here. If you don't like me or my thread or have a problem of some sort then please gently state your criticism in one of the comments below or stop reading and go to another thread.

Random Tips

These tips mostly apply to warriors who have reached top gear, whether its donation BiS, or ingame full gear. So here goes:

• Lag is the most dangerous enemy and the deadliest assassin of all times known and unknown to a warrior. If you have lag, then ALT+F4. Nuff said. No amount of skill can win you a battle that you are 1 step-behind in.

• Don't be reckless. Don't go in a game with resilience less than 1k resilience in 2v2 or 1.1k in 3v3, UNLESS you know what team you are facing and you know for sure that your gear is good to counter it. This is how you make your own downfall. It is VERY adviseable to go with around 1k resilience in 2v2 and 1.1k resilience in 3v3 at least. You won't be safe enough with anything less than that in arena vs good teams, not in Molten anyways. Since I don't think that resilience is working 100% properly.

• Play BGs and duels, if you are new to the class of course. Even as a veteran warrior, keep training and honing your skills. There is always something to learn, you might surprise yourself when that happens.

• Make macros that you think will greatly help you out anywhere in the game. Take your time practicing and figuring out what you are doing wrong.

• Practice your macros and your focus macros such as bashing your focus target or charge/intercepting him to stop him from doing a certain move. THIS IS A MUST. DO NOT TAKE THIS LIGHTLY, this is the thin line between a great warrior and a bad one in arena.

• OVERPOWER IS NOT ONLY FOR DAMAGE. When you are fighting a caster or a healer, don't use overpower right off the bat just for damage purpose ONLY! Hitting a caster with Overpower while they are casting gives them UA debuff for 6 seconds which reduces the magic effect of that spell and any spell of that school by 50%. You got an Overpower proc? np, just wait a few seconds until the caster casts something and then BAM! Hit him with it and watch your fight getting MUCH easier.

• Learn from your mistakes. Something that I do after losing duels and arenas, I think of what went wrong in that fight. I discuss it sometimes with the opposite if they are willing to have a conversation with me, I ask them what I did wrong and why I lost and how I can improve myself. Almost all of the time I get good results from this and I find out that I'm actually playing better.

• Don't rage when you lose. Victory requires a calm mind and awareness. If you find yourself incapable of achieving that state then take a break because things from that moment will only keep getting worse. Don't talk or think or do anything of that sort. Just get up and walk around the house or the room and do something for a change then after you are calm and things got more manageable then you can get back and continue playing in a better mood.

• Read guides around the internet to help you grasp your class better, it will all give good results in time.

• Learn the tactics! There are tactics for everything, even when fighting classes that most people think it requires no tactics or skills to fight. If it's easy to beat, it doesn't mean it doesn't have an organized tactic, it may have just been simple. Sometimes you can figure the tactics out by yourself, sometimes you will need to look and ask, so do so.

• Time your CDs! Your CDs have a purpose. Your CDs can cause an action and a reaction. Don't blow one too early just because you wanted to. Sometimes you blow a CD early and later on you get raped because you already blew your life-saver or your gamebreaker. If you see a better purpose for a CD in a later point of the fight, then save it. Think about this tip really hard and good, there are lots of things for you to learn here even if you are a veteran.

• Learn about other classes. How good you are vs a class depends on your knowledge of opposite class's spells and cooldowns and what they do. Read, search, ask, watch a video, fight or even play that class if you want to master the fight vs them.

• KNOW THE SPEC OF THY ENEMY! This is very important, ESPECIALLY in arena, and even more specifically in high rated matches in 3v3. This tip is not to be taken too lightly, this is a game breaker. It makes you ready vs what they can do to you and your team and how dangerous the situation can get. Use Gladius addon to know the specs of the enemies in arena. As for duels, you can simply inspect their talents.

• Hide if must! Know when it's safe to keep fighting and when it's safer to hide in arena. Sometimes when you see a burst coming your way or you are about to die, you are better off intervening back to your healer and hiding until your debuffs have been cleansed off and you or your teammates CDs are ready, and also when it's safe to handle the enemy team. What I mean by the last part of the previous sentence is for instance when you fight a team that has a shaman, and the shaman blew heroism/bloodlust and your team had to hide, it's adviseable to wait out the hero until it's gone. The same can go for any class that has a dangerous CD such as bestial wrath..etc..

• Rend the Stealthers! Rogues...don't you hate them?...I know I do. ALWAYS keep rend on them in all situations, unless you want to control them with a fear. Otherwise rend him. It doesn't matter if he is your target or not, rend is very VERY crucial in that situation and it must be kept up on the rogue whenever it's possible.

• Disarm! 80% of warriors don't use disarm vs classes other than warrior. Why?...Disarm is a life saver. You MUST use disarm if you see a paladin popping wings or a DK popping silence on your mate and tries to kill him, or a rogue and this is by far is more dangerous IMO than others. So many warriors don't disarm rogues and leave them stunlocking and bursting their teammates until they most probably succeed in doing so. DISARM GODDAMIT!

• Use Focus macros. Harsh fact, if you don't do focus bashes and focus charges/intercepts, you are a bad warrior, that's the truth. Want the difference between you and a top level warrior? there it is. You can choose to become skilled or choose to become average, your choice.

• Open properly unless you can catch a druid or a rogue off-guard then it's better to charge. Why do you always charge when you open on someone in arena? Think about it. That 1 second stun that you caused, did you actually achieve anything by it? wut you say?...Gives rage you say?...Here is a simple way for you to do it perfectly: Pop Bloodrage, mount up, run to the guy you are ready and safe to open on and when you're in melee range, hamstring/piercing howl him and continue on from that point. Doesn't that sound better than your charge-in and Fus-doo-rah tactic? Yup, that way you managed to save your charge in case his healer or caster wanted to cast something and you wanted to stop him.

• KILL THE PETS! You see a lock or a hunter with pet or a DK's gargoyle, what do you do? KILL IT BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS! A lock or a hunter without his pet is as good as a corpse. So there you go, the secret towards dominating them.

• THIS.IS.SPARTAAAA...uhmm...ARENAAA! This isn't a BG or world PvP or a duel. This a team fight that is won not by sheer damage of 1 guy but the teamwork of all teammates. Get it? TEAM, meaning you need teamwork and synchronization between you and your friends for this to work. Knowing and reading guides for playing certain comps will improve your teamwork greatly in arena. Voice communications will help your team even more.

• Avoid unnecessary discussions in arena. Random talks lead to distraction. Distraction leads to loss. That includes rage fights, blame talks, whispering the other team and stuff, all that will make you less prepared to fight at your fullest. Trust me on this, I have been there myself.

• Avoid playing with ragers, hotheads and whiners and avoid being one. This is strictly professional and you will not be blamed if you ditch a team or a teammate for the stated reasons. A loss should be learned from in order to win next time, not rage over it and cause problems. Advise the player to calm the **** down and play calmly, tell him that games can only be won by awareness and calmness. If you have trouble with him then you are advised to look for another partner or leave. Playing further with such players will only demote your spirits and make you doubt your skill. Happened alot to me, so that's a personal advice from me to you.

• Don't become one of them. Trash-talkers, braggers, God-complexed nerds, laughers at those who they beat, bullies...you name it. Remember that once you were exactly like them or even worse. Would it have been okay for you if someone laughed at you in your moment of loss or weakness? A great warrior is only remembered by those hold him as favorite in any way, and the best and fastest way to be favored is being compassionate and kind to other players. I know most players will laugh at these words that has nothing to do with playing a warrior, but there will be a time when you find this tip helpful.

• There is no shame in losing. Even if they laugh, even if they act like children, you still will not stop learning of how to become better. Just ignore those who demean and scorn you, you will save yourself from wasting time and emotions on someone who only laughed at you because he considered you something more. Always those who hate others are people who saw greatness in them and secretly envied them to the extent of doing anything to tear down that greatness.

Talents & Glyphs

Main build
    This is the most common build among warriors in PvP arms. This build is very good for duels and good in arena as well.

Arena Build
    I would go with this build mainly for 3v3 because it's more optimized to do damage rather than survivability. Could be used in 2v2 as well.

Glyphs:

Major Glyphs:
    Glyph of Mortal Strike
    Glyph of Rend
    Glyph of Bladestorm
    (Arena purposes)/Hamstring(All purposes)/Sweeping Strikes(Arena purposes)/ Overpower(Duel and 1v1 purposes)

Minor Glyphs:
    Glyph of Bloodrage
    Glyph of Charge
    Glyph of Battle/command
    (your choice)
    The 2 unchangeable major glyphs are Mortal Strike and Rend due to their outstanding good results. Minor Glyphs are almost the same for all warriors in any field or for any purpose, whether its world PvP or arena.

Macros

Best Charge/Hamstring Macro (IMO)
    Code:
    #showtooltip charge
    /startattack
    /cast auto attack [harm]
    /cancelaura Hand of protection
    /cancelaura bladestorm
    /cast charge
    /cast hamstring
    Intercept Macro
    Code:
    #showtooltip Intercept
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /startattack
    /cast auto attack [harm]
    /cast Intercept
    /cast hamstring
    Intervene Macro
    Code:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /equip 1H wep Name
    /equip Shield Name
    /cast [@party1] intervene
    You can change the "party1" to party2 or 3 or a specific player's name, if you want.

Spell Reflect Macro
    Code:
    #showtooltip Spell reflection
    /equip 1H wep Name
    /equip Shield Name
    /cast Spell Reflection
    Berserker Rage Macro
    Code:
    /cancelaura [nomod] Enraged Regeneration 
    /cast [nomod] Berserker Rage
    /cast [mod:shift] Enraged Regeneration
    This is a VERY useful macro and effective vs Saps-fears-repentances-cobalt frag bombs...you name it. When such effects are present on you while you have enraged regeneration on you, you can't pop zerk while Regen is active, this macro solves the problem for you.

Defensive Stance Macro
    Code:
    /cast Defensive stance 
    /equip 1H wep name
    /equip Shield Name
    Disarm Macro
    Code:
    /cast defensive stance
    /cast disarm
    Shield Bash Macro
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shield Bash
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    /equip 1H wep name
    /equip Shield Name
    /cast shield bash
    Focus Bash/interrupt Macro
    Code:
    #showtooltip [equipped:Shields]Shield Bash;Pummel
    /equip 1H wep Name
    /equip Shield Name
    /cast [@focus, exists] [stance:1/3,noequipped:Shields] Pummel
    /cast [@focus, exists] [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Shield Bash
    Focus Charge/intercept Macro
    Code:
    /cast [@focus] Hamstring
    /cast [@focus] charge
    /cast [@focus] intercept
    /cancelaura hand of freedom
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    /cancelaura hand of protection
    Heroic/shattering throw Macro
    Code:
    /cast [nomod] Heroic throw
    /cast [mod:shift] Shattering throw
    Shield Slam Macro
    Code:
    #showtooltip shield slam
    /equip 1H wep Name
    /equip Shield Name
    /cast Shield slam
    Very helpful to dispel a magic buff from a target like Sacred Shield.

Fear Macro
    Code:
    /cast Intimidating shout
    /cancelaura sweeping strikes
    Helpful when you have Sweeping Strikes effect on you and you want to fear your focus or something and don't want to risk breaking the fear.

Intents's Macros

These are the macros that Intents/Zatoxlol uses in arena while he is streaming. I thought of putting them here with his knowledge to satisfy the players who requested them. These macros will be helpful for those who want to progress more in their class and are willing to become as effective in arena as Intents. Enjoy. :)

Mortal Strike
    Code:
    #Showtooltip Mortal Strike
    /Startattack
    /Cast Mortal Strike
    Overpower
    Code:
    #Showtooltip Overpower
    /Startattack
    /Cast Overpower
    Charge
    Code:
    #Showtooltip Charge
    /Cancelaura Bladestorm
    /Cancelaura Blessing of protection
    /cast Charge
    Intercept
    Code:
    #Showtooltip Intercept
    /Cancelaura Bladestorm
    /Cancelaura Blessing of protection
    /cast Intercept
    Remove Blessing of Freedom
    Code:
    #Showtooltip Blessing of Freedom
    /cancelaura Blessing of Freedom
    Against Mage it would save you

Spell Reflection
    Code:
    #showtooltip Spell Reflection 
    /cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance 
    /stopmacro [equipped: Shields] 
    /stopcasting 
    /equip Wrathful Gladiator's Handaxe
    /equip Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Walll
    If you are in Defensive or Battle Stance, you’ll simply cast Spell Reflection, if you’re In Berserker you’ll go in Defensive Stance and cast Spell Reflection

Shield Bash
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shield Bash
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    /cast [stance:3] Pummel; [stance:1/2,equipped:shield] Shield Bash
    /stopmacro [stance:3] 
    /equipslot 16 Wrathful Gladiator's Handaxe
    /equipslot 17 Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Walll
    If you are in Battle Stance or Defensive Stance, you will cast Shield Bash. If you are in Berserker Stance, you will cast Pummel.

Berserker Rage/ER
    Code:
    #Showtooltip Berserker Rage
    /cancelaura Enraged Regeneration 
    /cast Berserker Rage
    This macro is always used for avoid a CC in a bad position when u’re healing up yourself, as during ER you’re not able to use Berserker Rage (immune to fear), in several matches it will save you from some Fear CC

Stop Heroic Strike
    Code:
    #Showtooltip Heroic Strike
    /stopattack
    This specific macro is really usefull to control your heroic strike, in order to be able to stop/remove it from the spell que, once u’re too low rage. Is also really important when you’re in team with someone that can CC, and for a mistake you’re attacking his CC target, so you’ll use it for do not broke the CC on him (such polyform, Hex etc)

Shield Slam
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shield Slam(Rank 8)
    /cast Shield Slam(Rank 8)
    /equipslot 16 Wrathful Handaxe
    /equipslot 17 Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall
    Shield Slam gives you the chance of dispel a buff from the enemy, sometimes you can be lucky and dispel important things such as SS/PWS, sometimes will be completly pointless.

Bladestorm
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Bladestorm
    /startattack
    /startattack is very useful here because while you are bladestorming you can hit the enemy with weapon damage / "white" damage.

FOCUS MACRO*****
    Focus Intimidating Shout
    Code:
    #Showtooltip Intimidating Shout
    /cast [target=focus] Intimidating Shout
    Focus Hamstring
    Code:
    #showtooltip Harmisting
    /cast [target=focus] Harmisting
    Very usefull during kite phase, or when you’re going to switch target

Focus Mortal Strike
    Code:
    #showtooltip Mortal Strike
    /cast [target=focus] Mortal Strike
    Usefull when for example you’re gonna switch in 3s, targeting one enemy, but building up the MS for your switch.

Focus Control “All in 1 Macro”
    Code:
    #Showtooltip Intercept
    /cast [target=focus] Shield Bash
    /cast [target=focus] Pummel
    /cast [target=focus] Charge
    /cast [target=focus] Intercept
    /cast [target=focus] Overpower
    Intents Note: This macro is really usefull if u’re running high MS like I do (180+), setting all those “control/debuff” in this single macro will allows you to do everything you want in just 1 macro, also with this type of macro everything is binded to your currently stance/weapon equipped, for example you’ll charge ONLY if you’re in Battlestance, same as for Intercept. Same thing is about Pummel/Shield Bash, and Overpower will be used in Battlestance + 2h weapon equipped, and if Bash will be in CD it will cast it first. Actually is a good macro once you get used to it.

Addons

Aesa: VERY useful addon, easy to use and IMO better than Afflicted addon and much more easy to notice which CDs are going to be ready soon on your target and your focus.

CombatLogFix: I think this is a neccessary addon for all purposes. It fixes combat log and resets it when the log stops showing the history of what happened and bugs out like the usual in Molten. Also this makes addons like Aesa work without ever bugging out on you. Get this addon, it's very good.

ErrorFilter: MUST HAVE. This is for removing the annoying "Target out of range" or whatever stupid and annoying messages that usually occur when you are fighting. These messages really irritates PvP players even if the sound is off, the red messages on your screen makes you lose proper concentration in fights. This addon removes such messages. Also you can block any message that shows on the center of screen simply by typing "/ef <the exact message that shows on your screen>. Make sure you type the message exactly as it is written considering the higher case and lower case of letters. Enjoy.

Gladius: Who doesn't know Gladius? who doesn't use them? If you are not a user of this addon, then I will have serious doubts about you as an arena player. This is a MUST-HAVE addon for all arena-junkies. Helps you greatly with a neater unit frames and makes them easier to see and displays their PvP trinket CD on their frames, as well as their spec and many other things. Just get this, nuff said.

LoseControl: This helpful addon can be optimized to display big icons on your unitframe, your partners, your enemies or your focus when they are struck by any kind of CC. I.e...If your partner got feared, it will show an icon of fear picture near his frame, showing a clock-like timer on the icon to how long it will take until the CC is over. Very useful. Same goes for you or your target or focus.

OmniCC: This addon displays a timer on any of your CDs on your action bars. Puts a number on them of how much time left in seconds or minutes until the CD is ready. Helps you play better and raises your awareness for things. Must have.

MoveAnything: This piece of work is astounding. With it, you can move any part of the original built-in Blizz's UI and put them anywhere you want or rather delete any part of the UI even. For instance if you want to move your own frame to anywhere on the screen, you can do so with this addon. It moves frames, actionbars, party/target frames, interface, stance bar, maybe even buffs and debuffs and the mini-map as well. Personally I use this to hide the opposite team frames in arena because it interacts with Gladius frames and becomes annoying.

NiceDamage: Ever noticed that blizz's text style of numbers is lame? Ever felt the need to see your crits in a much awesome-er style? This tiny addon makes you never get tired of doing damage. You will thank me alot when you use this.

PlateBuffs: This is the one addon that I took a liking to. This one addon improved my playstyle by at least 25%. Yes...It's THAT good. VERY VERY VERY awesome addon that shows your debuffs on your enemy's plates and shows a timer on them. By "enemy plates" I mean the one that shows right above the enemy character itself, right above it's head. You can enable that by pressing ctrl+V in-game or alt+V, whichever it is that you keybinded <show enemy plates> to. This piece of art definitely made my battles easier and much more fun. It can be optimized to show other players' debuffs as well. I use this addon to keep track of rend and Mortal Strike on targets.

SnowFallKeyPress: Usually when you are pressing buttons in the game, the spell goes off when the button is released not when it's pressed. This solves the problem for you and makes spells activate faster.

SoundAlerter: An awesome addon to say the least. I was even amazed and shocked when I knew that the creator of this addon turned out to be a molten player himself. Hats off to the guy for such an amazing addon and kudos to his fine work on this. This addon tells you what enemy players casted and what CDs they used in sound AND chat. As a warrior, I found this even more useful when it showed me alerts in chat about my successful interrupts. In case an interrupt missed, you will not see any message in chat, if you did, it will say that you successfully pummelled or bashed someone. Also tells if a rogue or a feral went to stealth. Awesome addon and awesome work. Definitely get this.

DoomCoolDownPulse: This addon notifies you when any of your CDs gets refreshed. A big icon of the refreshed CD pops up in the middle of the screen and fades after sometime to notify you that the CD is ready.

Gear & Enchants & Gemmings

Full Donation BiS Gear:

Head: Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Helm - Arcanum of Triumph (Wintergrasp Vendor)[50 AP + 20 resil]
    Chest: Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece - Resil enchant (from enchanting) [20 resil]
    Hands: Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets - Precision enchant (from Enchanting)[20 hit]/Rocket Launchers (from Engineering)
    Legs: Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Legguards - Earthen Leg Armor (sold in AH and made by LWers)[40 resil + 28 stam]
    Shoulders: Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Shoulders - Inscription of Triumph (Wintergrasp Vendor also)[40 AP + 15 resil]
    Neck: Penumbra Pendant (Heroic)
    Back: Vereesa's Dexterity (Heroic) - Swordguard Embroidery (from Tailoring) [400 AP on proc]/Agility Enchant (from enchanting) [22 agility]
    Wrists: Toskk's Maximized Wristguards (Heroic) - Greater Assault (from enchanting) [50 AP]
    Waist: Coldwraith Links (Heroic) - Eternal Belt Buckle (from AH or BSing) [Adds an extra socket in your belt]
    Feet: Apocalypse's Advance (Heroic) - Tuskarr's Vitality (from Enchanting and AH)
    Rings: Frostbrood Sapphire Ring (Heroic) + Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance
    Trinkets: Deathbringer's Will (Heroic) + Sharpened Twilight Scale (Heroic)
    2H weapon: Shadowmourne (obviously)/ Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger General (Heroic) - Berserking Enchant (from AH and Enchanting)
    1H weapon: Wrathful Gladiator's Handaxe - Blood Draining (from Enchanting and AH)
    Shield: Wrathful Gladiator's Shieldwall - Resilience Enchant (from AH and Enchanting) [12 resil]
    Thrown: Fal'Inrush, Defender of Quel'Thalas (Heroic) - Heartseeker Scope, I think (from AH and BSing or Engineering...forgot) [40 crit on ranged attacks]

Full In-Game Gear:

Head: Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Helm - Arcanum of Triumph (Wintergrasp Vendor)[50 AP + 20 resil]
    Chest: Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece - Resil enchant (from enchanting) [20 resil]
    Hands: Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets - Precision enchant (from Enchanting)[20 hit]/Rocket Launchers (from Engineering)
    Legs: Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Legguards - Earthen Leg Armor (sold in AH and made by LWers)[40 resil + 28 stam]
    Shoulders: Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Shoulders - Inscription of Triumph (Wintergrasp Vendor also)[40 AP + 15 resil]
    Neck: Wrathful Gladiator's Pendant of Sundering (the arpen one)
    Back: Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape (from EoF vendor, costs 50 EoFs) - Swordguard Embroidery (from Tailoring) [400 AP on proc]/Agility Enchant (from enchanting) [22 agility]
    Wrists: Toskk's Maximized Wristguards (from ICC 25, DBS drop)/Titanium Spikeguards (Sold in AH and made by BSing) - Greater Assault (from enchanting) [50 AP]
    Waist: Flesh-Shaper's Gurney Strap (from ICC 10, Rotface drop) - Eternal Belt Buckle (from AH or BSing) [Adds an extra socket in your belt]
    Feet: Hellfrozen Bonegrinders (from AH and BS) - Tuskarr's Vitality (from Enchanting and AH)
    Rings: Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance + Frostbrood Sapphire Ring (ICC25 Sindra or VDW drop...can't remember)/Might of Blight (ICC25 drops from Festergut)/Wrathful Gladiator's Band of Triumph
    Trinkets: Deathbringer's Will (ICC25 DBS drop, mostly ninjaed and stolen unfortunately)/Banner of Victory + Mjolnir Runestone (From Vote shop)
    2H weapon: Shadow's Edge/Wrathful Gladiator's Decapitator - Berserking Enchant (from AH and Enchanting)
    1H weapon: Wrathful Gladiator's Cleaver - Blood Draining (from Enchanting and AH)
    Shield: Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall - Resilience Enchant (from AH and Enchanting) [12 resil]
    Thrown: Gluth's Fetching Knife (from ICC10 Rotface drop)/Twirling Blades (from Vote shop)/Wrathful Gladiator's War Edge

Gemming:

Personally I think that gems should be prioritized like this:

Resilience gems until 1k resilience > Armor Penetration gems until 60% arpen > Gem Str after both resil and arpen have met their requirements.

If you are gemming for Blue sockets, then STR + Stam or Arpen + Stam gems are the best.
    If you are gemming for Yellow sockets, then Resilience or Hit rating. DO NOT GEM CRIT, DAMMIT.
    If you are gemming for Red sockets then, then either Strength or Armor Penetration.

Professions

Learn professions that will greatly boost your stats, such as BSing + Jewelcrafting, or Tailoring + Jewelcrafting like me, or Engineering + Jewelcrafting or tailoring.

Jewelcrafting: gives you the ability to socket 3 JCer-only gems that have give greater stats than normal gems. For warriors that will be 34 arpen from each gem, scaling to 102 arpen from all 3 which is 32 arpen more than from 3 normal gems.

Blacksmithing: gives you the ability to have two additional sockets in total, 1 in your wrist and 1 in hands.

Tailoring: gives you ability to enchant your back with an enchant that procs 400 attack power for 10 or 15 seconds (can't remember).

Engineering: gives you hand enchants that shoot rockets and do from 2k~2.5k damage every 45 seconds. Also has belt bombs that saps a target for 3 seconds and boot enchants that greatly increases your running speed for 3 seconds. Also gives you back enchant that give you parachute effect when used. Although in arena, only hand rockets are useable.

Rotation

Yes...you heard it right...Rotation, alot of people said that arms PvP has no rotation. Every spec has rotation. It's how warriors organize and control the damage output. This is how you properly do damage and this is the very basic thing every warrior should learn:

Hamstring/Piercing Howl ----> Rend ----> Mortal Strike ----> Overpower ----> Mortal Strike ----> Overpower -----> Mortal Strike ----> Overpower...etc

The main consistant rotation spells here are Mortal Strike and Overpower, Rend and Hamstring/Howl are debuffs that you keep up all the time. Whenever the debuff is about to expire, renew it. The main damage makers are MS and OP.
    Q: But...But...what about Thunderclap? and Mocking Blow? and Heroic throw? and ...etc..?
    A: Good Question, Previously I did mention the rotation for damage. But is that all?...no. That rotation is the very basic damage maker, it's how all warriors roll. BUT, sometimes, you will want to make even more damage to gain advantage and pressure to win. So how do you maximize your damage? Whenever your rage is 50+ you should use other spells to do more damage, like Heroic Strike, Mocking Blow, Heroic Throw or if Mocking blow and Heroic Throw are on CD, you use Thunderclap to do damage and dump the extra rage. Use the extra spells in fillers after you used MS and OP already and you have a room and rage to use other skills. So, use Heroic strike everytime your rage goes over 50, use Mocking blow as soon as you can, and thunderclap comes last in the extra damage makers, use it if all else is used. Here's a sketch of the priority of fillers; extra damage makers:

Heroic Throw > Mocking Blow > Heroic Strike > Thunderclap

You can use Heroic throw as starter, np. But for all else, ONLY USE THEM WHEN MS AND OP ARE ON CD. MS and OP come first, THEN the fillers.

Summary of this section:
    • Main rotation comes first. THEN the fillers when main spells are on CD.
    • Rend, Mortal Strike and Slow must ALWAYS be up. NEVER let them run out. If they miss the target, reapply them until they are applied. Piercing Howl helps instead of Hamstring vs rogues and ferals.
    • Use Heroic Strike as your main filler, it adds a tremendous pressure.
    • It's best to use Thunderclap ONLY when your rage is 70-100 as a filler.
    • You can start with Heroic Throw if you want, it costs no rage.
    • Just a tip to warriors, don't bind your HS with MS or OP. I have done the same mistake as did others, and it kills your rotation and makes you starve on rage. Use it individually.

Tricks of the Trade

These are the things that I can teach you from my own personal experience and you will find them good and some of them EXTREMELY gamebreaking for you, if you are a new warrior. If you are a veteran, then you should still read. You might learn something new here. :)

• Open properly: Mount up, get to pillar, wait until you think it's time to rush in and open, pop bloodrage, mount up and run to your target until you get in melee range then slow him down and do your thing. Instead of using charges on your targets, save them for the focus targets.

• Peel: Almost all warriors know this. It means helping your partner survive when he is in danger. Almost all the time players will go after your teammates to kill them. So you need to know how to properly do this.
    I will list spells to use for peeling:
    Charge: 1 second stun.
    Intercept: 2 seconds stun.
    Intervene: Saves your partner from 1 melee effect.
    Hamstring: Slows him down and possibly immobilizes him.
    Piercing Howl: This never misses. Always good to kite someone if you can't reach him, or if he is a rogue or feral or DK.
    Intimidating shout: Make sure you can make him blow his trinket by intercepting first. Afterwards use this.
    Disarm: Make sure you do this from his back so it doesn't miss or when he is stunned.
    Shield Bash/Pummel: If the chaser is a caster.
    Taunt: This came right off my mind when I was typing this. I have no idea if this works or not, but if it does, then I'm glad I mentioned it. One of the chasers sometimes can be a pet like a BM pet or a Shadow Fiend or maybe a gargoyle.
    Thunderclap+Demoralizing shout: Believe it or not, sometimes you may have all of the peeling spells on CD and you have no choice but to do something.
    Commanding shout: In Molten, fortunately for you as a warrior, this spell increases your remaining health as well. This is good to increase your partner's health by 2k~.
    Bladestorm: Can you believe it? Did you ever think that you would find this in the category of peeling spells? If you came to me a year ago, I wouldn't have considered this for peeling. But believe it or not, this mostly succeeds in making chasers panic. ONLY USE THIS IF YOU 100% MUST AND ALL ELSE ON CD.

Tips:
    • It's better if you start with an intercept on the chaser. Mostly suceeds in making players trinket. Also I have been in situations where I charged DKs and they popped Icebound Fortitude, thus making my intercept late and useless.
    • Remember to disarm in stun or from back. I have been in alot of situations where my disarm missed.
    • Before switching to the chaser to peel, you should first slow his partner THEN switch to the chaser and peel. Most of the time the reason why partners died was because the chaser's partner caught up to them and made the pressure even harder and less survivable.

• Healer Control: For how long can you stop a healer from casting or helping his teammates alone? Lets find out. You have many tools in your pocket that you can use to hold the healer busy while your teammate goes for the kill or until a certain situation is achieved which afterwards you can can control the situation from that point. Like an enemy almost dying and his healer gives him a major damage reduction buff or possibly immunity to damage. Now you don't want the enemy to be healed while he is safe from death, do you? So what do you do? Wait until Shattering the HoP, dispelling the PS or the HoTs on him? in that much time, the enemy will be healed to full and things get back to square one and the leverage of pressure you could have used is now lost. So if not that, then what? Well here are ways for you of how you can control the healer:

Method#1: (Healer's trinket ready):
    Intercept (ALWAYS FIRST) ----> Charge ----> Intimidating shout ----> Get ready with an interrupt ----> Overpower on cast if it's possible.

(Healer's trinket on CD):
    Charge ----> Intimidating shout
    Switch back to the main target and do your thing, if he has HoP shatter it and burst him down.

Method#2: Immediately switch on the healer. In that point, the healer's main concern is saving his teammate, so he will be forced to cast something. Be ready with an interrupt and possibly overpower to inflict UA if interrupt fails. Burst on him until you manage to put him in a critical condition which then you can use to create a kill opportunity.

This is how I personally would do it. So if any of the veteran warriors have a different opinion then I would like to know it.
    Also this step is EXTREMELY good when you are playing WLP - WLD - TC. You can control the healer when a target is near death and stop the healer from doing anything for a long time, or maybe a VERY long time if the whole team, synced their CCs together. You can do this to stop the healer while your teammate bursts on the kill target and kills him.

• Finish off the pets: I stated this point in random tips section. Your chance of killing a guy with pet increases ALOT by killing his pet. Renders a hunter less capable of escaping and a warlock recieve 20% more damage and a DK incapable of healing or doing more damage.

• Piercing Howl the groups: Always when you have more than 1 near each other especially in 3v3, use Piercing Howl to slow them all down. Make this a habit for yourself and keep using this. Saves you and your team from alot of unneeded problems. Like a priest running unkited can reach your teammates faster and give them an 8 second fear. The importance of this tip is big, this can save your healer from getting pressured into a position or a condition that might make the game harder for the team. Also makes it harder for the enemies to switch on anyone other than the guy near them, which should be you in this case.

• MS always up: This, and this alone is what your class is known for. Never let MS expire on your targets. If this runs out, then a single heal can restore alot of the target's health and there won't be much pressure to kill anything.

• Unrelenting Assault: Whenever you are fighting vs a caster or a healer and it proc, wait for a few seconds before using it, the target might cast something that you can use your overpower on.

• Never LoS your healer: Says it pretty much. Sometimes your targets run behind the pillar or far away and you find yourself chasing them until you LoS your healer or get far from him. This is called "baiting". The other team sometimes does that to force you to follow them until you LoS your healer and thus cutting off your source of life. Never do that. Not unless you are fully healed and maybe Hotted up to safely chase them or unless one of them is almost going to die, then do so carefully and make sure to manage the situation properly. Always try to be in your healer's line of sight.

• Don't burst recklessly: I have seen warriors popping recklessness or retaliation in the wrong situations. Some of them popped reck or retaliation when the opposite team was bursting. By popping reck or retal, you become unable to defend yourself temporarily and thus the bursting team has a great chance in killing you in that moment. Make sure you burst only when you have the leverage in the fight.

• Medallion/Human Racial: Medallion is only used when a VERY important situation calls for it. Whenever you want to trinket a CC, think first what will happen if you DON'T trinket. Will you or your partner die?....will you lose a killing chance vs your enemy? If the answer is no, then don't trinket no matter what happens. If the answer is yes, then trinket while keeping in mind that you should be ready to counter another possible CC. So the situations of using trinket are these two:

1. To save yourself or someone and it's absolutely crucial.
    2. To kill someone whose health is critical enough to sacrifice your trinket for it.

• Be Confident: Something I noticed from my thousands of losses, is that I hesitated in most of the matches that I lost. I didn't play confidently and I had some doubts and fears in myself. Do not fall in that mistake. Even if you did the tactics wrong in a match, keep fighting with full confidence until you can control the situation and turn things around. A warrior with fear and doubt is like a blade with rust, no matter how shiny and powerful it looks, it will eventually break.

Duel Tactics

Vs Mage:

The key of victory here is attacking with your full power when the frost shield is down. The best way to deal with frost shield is using rend and possibly ranged attacks like throws and using your ranged weapon when you are immobilized. Also using reflects as effectively as possible. Getting CD-notifier addons like Aesa and Afflicted3 will make it much easier for you to reflect instant spells like deep freeze. Also:

1. Proper gear and setup: Start with alot of resil and health. Throughout the whole fight you will be on a constant health regeneration, due to slows and immobilizes.

2. Open properly: Don't start with charge like a legendary *****. The safest way to go vs mages is saving your charges for the best of situations. Having improved hamstring helps a bunch vs these guys. Start on a mount with enough rage, run to the guy and immediately hamstring and rend him. Use Charge to force him to blink then use intercept. It's always a good idea to intercept after they blink.

3. Icy Veins: Know that when a mage uses this, he is about to deal a tremendous amount of damage to you. Pop defensive cooldowns or skeleton key, and possibly spell reflect sometimes, when the mage activates Icy Veins. Because when a mage activates Icy Veins, a Deep freeze will surely follow to make you unable to reflect or pop any kind of defensive CDs. Most mages will pop Icy Veins first then deep freeze you and burst on you.

4. Trinket: Pop trinket when you or the mage's life is in danger. This is the game-breaking step, so be careful. This step depends on your sixth sense of how much advantage you will gain if you popped trinket. Let's say the mage sheeped you at the start of the duel when you haven't done any damage to him. At that point you will gain nothing from trinketting...you will get sheeped again, and this time your chance of losing has increased badly. But let's say that the mage is in a critical situation and you are absolutely sure you can kill him, then it's time to trinket and possibly get a charge or intercept then deal max damage. Also, when a mage deep freezes you and has Icy Veins on him and you can possibly die from his attack, then it's very advisable to save the trinket for that situation. Be careful about one thing though...When fighting vs good mages, if they get low, they will double-cast sheep to counter your trinket. So keep that in your mind.

5. Counter fake, double and reversed casts:
    Fake cast: This step requires a good latency and a bit of awareness. It's advisable to consider the first frostbolt a fake cast and try only popping reflect in the last 1/4 of the cast.
    Double Cast: When a mage wants to make sure you stay in CC, he will follow the first sheep with another possible cast of sheep to counter your trinket. So wait a bit before using your trinket.
    Reverse Sheep: This step is usually done by seasoned and experienced mages. Reverse sheep is when the mage is low in health and he aims to cast Polymorph on your spell reflect so it gets reflected back at him and he gets healed by it. If the mage is low in health and he does that, cancel your reflect. If you want to avoid the sheep by him, you can either bash him, fear him, intercept him, or go in Bladestorm mode.

6. Water Guardian: Usually when mages summon this pet, it means the mage now has an extra immobilization spell and extra damage. Whenever you get in melee range of this guy, bash his cast and rend him and kill him whenever it's safe. This pet is a good source for Overpower procs.

7. Fear: This step is something that I do personally, I don't know if it's good or bad, and I don't know if it will be of any use for you, but as soon as the mage gets out of Ice Block, I fear him. You can force him to use trinket using this step.

Vs Rogue:

Rogues will always start in stealth and aim for your back, this much everyone knows. But very few of these people noticed the secret in that fact; attacking from back. Knowing this much, I knew how to counter rogues openings by giving my back to walls and LoS objects. This alone pissed off 3 or 4 of some good rogues and they called me gay for it (lol). I was amazed by the effectiveness of this counter-move and was glad it worked. Anyways let's focus on regular fights where nothing guards your back and the rogue gets his chance to start on you. First you need to go in defensive stance and equip shield and 1h wep and if possible have resilience gear set with corroded skeleton key on. You might get sapped at first, don't use berserker rage and just wait it out. Now he will cheap shot you(2-3 seconds), then kidney shots you(3-4 seconds). Now you have two scenarios to deal with this situation and you can choose one of them, either trinket the first kidney like I usually do or wait it out. In both ways, you have to try getting behind the rogue immediately and rending him, or use piercing howl and try to get some distance from the rogue, possibly using Bladestorm if you are slowed as well, and then charge and rend. There are other ways in which you can get a rend on the rogue in different situations:

1. Dead-zone situation: You are slowed and dead-zoned by the rogue. He keeps running around you and keeping you locked in that deadzone. If you go away from him, he gets in. If you go in, he gets out from your melee range. Here's a simple way to counter this situation: First use piercing howl on him and get him slowed. Now that you're sure he's slowed, go in. Go to his direction until you make him move away from you to the other direction. Now, as soon as he is moving away from you while slowed by your howl, IMMEDIATELY use Bladestorm or Intimidating shout and get some distance by going away from rogue then CHARGE and rend. Some rogues will immediately shadow-step you and try to dismantle you, so you better do this step fast enough.

2. Kidney-trinket situation: Trinket the kidney and use fear, run and charge and rend. But this doesn't always work.

3. Getting a rend from the rogue's back: Explains itself. Players can't avoid hits from their backs, even if they have popped evasion or whatever. You can try getting a rend from a rogue's back. How? idk...think of a way. Maybe pop retaliation sometimes just to make them try running away and give you their backs? doesn't always work, but still possible.

Also, Make sure you got Aesa or any addon that tells you when DR wears off of you, if you want to know when a reset is coming your way, in case you want to be ready with a defensive CD.

Vs Shadow Priest:

Just charge in and rend, MS, and do some damage and make sure you can get OP to proc. If he uses fear, zerk it and intercept in, and make sure you try bashing the second fake cast as soon as it starts. Good Spriests will almost always fake cast the first VT...so try bashing(or pummelling) the second time as fast as possible, if it fails, be ready with reflect or Overpower to counter his cast. If your bash fails and you have reflect ready and no Overpower, run away from the priest and reflect his VT while running, then intercept in and charge in, just to keep him busy until bash or overpower comes back. Make sure to BS immediately if you manage to silence the priest, since his disarm is shadow-school. Use heroic strike to increase your burst on him. Things to keep in mind:

1. Aim for and anticipate the second incoming fake-cast and bash it as soon as it starts. This is the best way to bash vs good Spriests.

2. BS on silence: If you get a silence/bash on the priest, use Bladestorm immediately.

3. Recklessness for second fear: There will be 2 fears when you fight vs Spriests. The first can be easily countered by Zerk rage while the second one is the dangerous one. To counter the second one, you will need to pop recklessness or Bladestorm. Get Aesa to know when the fear will be ready.

4. SAVE OVERPOWER for the best moments. Get UA as much as possible. This is a killer step to win vs Spriests. Even if you end up getting VTed, as long as there is a UA on him, you can still out-damage him.

5. When your spell reflect, Overpower, Shield bash is on cooldown, you can stop the priest's casts with running away and charge and intercept and fear until your wanted skills get refreshed.

6. DO NOT POP Enraged regeneration before a fear. Only use it after the priest fears. Especially the second one.

7. Intercept the priest when his disperse is about to end. possibly in the last half second.

8. Force a cast: You can sacrifice spell reflect and use it as a decoy for the spriest to cast a VT that you can foresee. Like he will waste the reflect by a spell then immediately after it he will cast VT. That VT should be easy enough for you to fore-see so you can bash it as soon as it starts. Also sometimes I sacrifice a bash against good priests to get them comfortable to cast something without faking it just so I can reflect VT on them and also inflict UA on their casts, since I have around 250 ms and it's hard for me to bash in the last 1/4 of VT cast. I wouldn't recommend doing this, but this is what I do sometimes. Right after I get UA on them, I keep dealing damage and take him down faster than he can do me.

9. Some Spriests depend on the fact that most warriors will equip 1h wep and shield when they are about to bash. Some of them don't know that warriors can simply go in berserker stance and keep their 2H wep on and do damage while still able to interrupt their casts with pummel. You can use this fact at your advantage against any caster.

You can ignore all the above tactics if the spriest you are dueling is a DP-spamming ******. There's nothing that you can do to win these kids. Especially on Molten.

Vs Arms Warrior:

These are my favorite kind of duels, since I mostly win anyways(lol). While it is true that warrior vs warrior is RNG-based, there are still things that you can do to increase your chance of winning. The key to win here is bigger damage. The question is, when both warriors are equally geared, how will you deal more damage than him? I will give you some tips:

1. Mount at start: This is my personal move and motto as a warrior whenever I'm against another warrior. I mount at the start of duel and jump his charge. As soon as his charge misses, I immediately charge him afterwards. Effective? yes. Gay? very(as many warriors complained :( ).

2. Running away then Charge/intercept+damage skill: Right after you or he opens and you both clash and slash for a while, run away from the warrior(trinket the slow if you have to) and make sure he's slowed and intercept in and use MS or a major damage skill to increase your total damage over his. Despire what many people might say about this, this is a powerful step and it deals quite alot of pain.

3. Counter the CDs:
    Retaliation---> Shield wall+ Shield block. Or Disarm. Sometimes kite and run away.
    Bladestorm---> Disarm. Or Shield block and spam revenge. Or Retaliation.
    Recklessness---> Shield block.
    Shield block---> Shield block like him and spam overpower. Or run away from him.
    Enraged Regeneration---> Mortal Strike. Or fear if he has no rend on him.

4. Proper Enraged Regeneration: Try kiting the warrior and running away from him until the MS on you expires and then use ER to get the maximum effect from it.

5. Minimizing the damage at start: You can start with shield block at first since the trinkets will always proc at the start of the duel. Popping shield block and spamming revenge if he is in battle stance, or if he does the same as you, go battle stance while still keeping the wep and shield and just spam overpower.

6. Bladestorming to counter his charge/intercept: Sometimes I do this whenever I see an intercept coming my way. I also use BS to avoid getting MSed while Im running away from him and avoiding his MS so I can pop ER.

7. Sometimes when a warrior uses SW+SB and pops ER. I MS him and run away from him to try expiring the MS on me so I can use ER too. You could try it as well, dunno.

Vs Prot Warrior:

These guys will mostly pop Recklessness + Shield Block at the start of duel. Any incoming damage afterwards will be simply lethal. Expect nothing less than 8k-10k from a single shield slam from a fully BiS warrior. Prot warriors own any class in terms of pure damage, hands down. Not even a lock can keep up with the amount of pain that a prot warrior can unleash upon you, let alone a prot warrior who gets revenge procs off of melee attacks. But luckily for you, you are Arms specced warrior with Second Wind and Crazed-something (Healing talent from fury tree). The amount of stuns and charges a prot warrior gets on you, will keep your health regenerating most of the time. Still, even with the healing you get, a prot can get you rekt. Here is how to deal with them:

• Equip Shield and hand, go def stance and mount up.
    • IF he pops Reck+Block, Run away from his range while mounted (best if your run behind a tree) until his buffs expire, then switch back to 2h wep.
    • IF you fail at avoiding a Reck+Block charge, then immediately pop Wall.
    • Jump his charge.
    • Immediately charge and rend him.
    • Spam him with Overpowers.
    • If you can't get a MS on him, get it by striking him from his back, or by charging him.
    • Keep Rend on him for continous OP procs.
    • If he pops Shield Block, then Use Shield Block as well to avoid the huge damage.
    • Should your health be low, you can slow him with howl and keep running out of his melee range. The constant stuns should keep your health regenerating. Also, Glyph of OP helps vs these guys.

Vs Feral Druid:

Honestly, I don't have very extensive knowledge about these guys, since I haven't really memorized what spells they use at which times and so on. Most of my fighting methods with them comes instinctly rather than anything else. I can, however, provide you with tips when fighting them:

• Mount up, run to where they last stealthed and shout there as soon as duel starts. (Very homo, ikr)
    • If shouting them out did not work, switch to defensive stance with 1h and shield. Giving your back to a tree will be extra.
    • Pop Wall if he pops Berserk.
    • Constantly use Shield Block whenever he is in cat form.
    • Whenever his Predator's Swiftness procs while his health is 60% or less, pop Spell reflect.
    • When a feral's health is critically low, they will go bear form and try cycloning you right after they bash you. So as soon as you see him in bear form with low health, immediately use reflect. If he however succeeds in doing so, and you still have your trinket, then wait until he finishes cycloning you and starts casting regrowth, then immediately trinket and bash that cast. Follow it with a slowing howl + run away then charge and MS.
    • Use Rend + Constant OP and also retaliation vs these guys whenever you can.

Also, avoid dueling ferals when your wall is on CD. You will most likely lose.

Vs Balance Druid:

For a sure success, you will need a tree vs these guys. If not, then you will need wall. Otherwise, tough luck, bro. Anyways, the fight will be nothing too complicated. As soon he pops starfall and summons trees on you, you can deal with the situation in many ways:
    • Use a tree to avoid starfall damage.
    • Use a combination of charges and fear on the druid to stop his starfall for as much time as possible.
    • Use Shield Wall.
    Also remember to pop reflect if he tries to cyclone you. That includes the bear form step in feral druid section.

Vs Warlock with Succubus:

These guys are the most annoying of all the people I fight in duels. Simply put, Succubus warlock has the upper hand on most of the classes regardless of how well the warlock plays. Warlocks with succubus have a high chance of beating warriors which is sad. I find it funny when some warlocks with succubuses consider themselves skilled, don't you? But enough of that. Here are some tips vs them:

• Put on as much resilience as possible, since this will provide greatly in your advantage. Skeleton Key trinket is a huge bonus.
    • Start with shield and hand and pop reflect as soon as the duel starts and immediately charge the warlock. Not a single second later.
    • Use fear on pet if you can.
    • DO NOT pop Bladestorm until the warlock teleports.
    • IF he teleports, Try using Enraged Regeneration+Charge+BS. Why ER? Because some good warlocks will simply take the risk and cast you to death if your health is low enough. Aside from that, they can't fear you while you are BSing.
    • I personally think that warlocks often use DC when you get close to them after they use their first Shadowfury. That should give you some idea on when to reflect.
    • Keep them hamstringed.

Vs UH DK:

I will make this one Short. Equip your burst gear or as many arpen offparts as possible and burst the guy down. Use all your CDs and show him no mercy. I have fought DKs in many styles. None of them beat what I mentioned just now. Don't go with resil setup or with corroded key. Just BURST! If he uses Icebound Fortitude and tries to run away, simply Bladestorm. Retaliation works WONDERS with BS on them. Don't forget to put MS on the guy before you BS him.

Vs Frost DK:

4 tips:
    • Hamstring and retaliation.
    • Shield Block = Spam Revenge.
    • Disarm = 10 seconds of rape.
    • Burst gear setup + no mercy = ez game, ez life.

Vs Blood DK:

Alt+F4, Search System32 folder, Delete.

Vs Prot Paladin:

Alt+F4, Search System32 folder, Delete, bang your head against keyboard.

Vs MM hunter:

Bane of the warriors and one of the hardest counters. These guys are the ones that farmed me non-stop in AnoTher server and gave me the hardest time I could have against any class. I cannot say that I'm that good vs them, but I can offer some tips for beginners:
    • Probably the best thing to do before dueling a hunter is putting on a resilience set with Corroded Key.
    • Having Aesa addon will ease your life when dueling a hunter. Tells you what kind of trap they put down, if they have deterrence or not or if their Master's Call is on CD and so on.
    • There are 3 ways I know of to initiate on a hunter:
    1. Pop reflect to counter his freezing trap and charge.
    2. Charge and Bladestorm both him and the pet until he Disengages or uses Deterrence then keep your Bladestorm on the pet and make sure you finish it off fast.
    3. Pop Bloodrage and make sure you have at least 25 rage by the time the duel counter reaches 1 (like Duel Starts in 3, 2, 1) Then just a millisecond before the duel actually starts, pop Bladestorm. This way you would have saved yourself a charge, which you can use later on.
    Disarm a hunter before he disengages.
    • Use Thunderclap to get rid of snakes.
    • When both of your charges are on CD, use either Corroded Key or Shield Block to minimize the heavy damage.
    • Be careful when you charge a hunter. The good ones know when your charge is coming off CD and will counter it by using Deterrence before you actually charge which will make your charge wasted. So before you think of charging, give it a second in case he pops Deterrence. If he pops it, wait it out and then charge, or simply run to him to save your charge for a later use.
    • IF you manage to kill the pet, be ready to reflect a possible freezing trap, since he might try ressing his pet again.

2v2 tactics

Arms Warrior + Holy Paladin:
    This is a mainstream and known comp in wotlk, famous for its forgiveness for mistakes around low and mid ranked games. It gives room for mistakes, that's for sure, but what is believed about this comp being easy to get rank 1 with, is just bull$hit. As I said, room for mistakes? yes. But does that apply for high rated matches? no. In high rated matches, mistakes are just as unforgiving as it is for any other comp against all comps and counters in retail and some comps in Molten (since many things do not work as intended here like the damage average, bugs and the ease of acquiring high end gear, especially with the high population of Shadowmourne, which is not blizz-like).
    Before playing this comp, there are many things to keep in mind:
    • This comp gives you many advantages. To maximize them, you need to be on sound communication with your mate. Video comm will be much better since you might need to communicate by hand sign language if you guys can't speak the same language. Just kidding...
    • Know what spells a paladin has, so that in case you play with an in-experienced paladin, you know what spell you want him to cast when you need it, assuming that you two are on a voice comm. Here are the cooldowns you need to know about and what situations it can be used for:
    1. Hand of Freedom: Most used spell and the core feature of this comp. Use it to escape or to chase without any movement handicaps. It can be dispelled by a priest/shaman or stolen by a mage. So, be careful.
    2. Hand of Protection: Critical spell that must be used carefully. Other than the obvious reason, it can also be used to get out of a stun, resist an incoming one or to remove any disarm on you. VERY critical and needed against Rogue+Priest comp in particular.
    3. Hand of Sacrifice: Ask the paladin to use it when you see a possible CC(other than stun and Cyclone) is going to happen to him, if the other team decided to take you down while the paladin is CCed. Be clever on how to use it properly against teams that can dispel it.
    4. Hand of Justice: This spell is awefully misused and mistreated by those who play this comp. Most of hpal/war comps don't know how powerful it is or how to gain the huge advantage this spell represents. Instead of wasting this precious spell in a random manner and time, you can use this spell to do many things. Apply MS or Rend on an evasive enemy, interrupt a critical cast in a critical time, force a trinket or stun a rogue or a warrior so that you can use Bladestorm without it getting disarm.
    5. Cleanse: If your paladin does not constantly cleanse you, he or she or he/she should buy a gun and shoot him , her or him/herself in the head. That's one of the simplest duties of a healer and he, she or he/she is failing it. Either stop playing with him, her or him/her or he, she or he/she learns or you both perish because you are a douchebag and he, she or he/she's gender is DRIVING ME NUTS!! DAMN THAT PARTNER I PLAYED WITH!
    6. Crusader Aura: You should ALWAYS ask for this before match starts. Once the engagement starts, your paladin can change it back to Concentration Aura or whichever he wants. You will need this to rush vs Rogue teams.

---------------------------------------------

This guide is on-going and will be updated from time to time, whenever I got the time to write some more stuff. So keep giving me your feedbacks. Thanks

Originally Posted by Kelthuzzad
    I really approve of this guide! I could not have said better coming from a very old wotlk pvp warrior that used to be a high ranked one :) I don't see anything wrong with it or nothing to add but i have to read it whole when im not busy :D. Prob one of the better readed guides i've seen. Keep upp the good work

2. I thought this thread was deleted.

3. hi sorry i just have a few questions i am noob, what is stat priority for wars arms pvp? what specific talents do u use? and i notice u dont use medalion so this is guide for human war only? if i am different race from human what trinket should i use? and for your wrist tosk maximized wrist guard is really the best?

4. If you're not human you can use STS HC and medallion then use t10 shoulders. Tosk is BIS in wrist.

5. Resilience gems until 1k resilience > Armor Penetration gems until 60% arpen > Gem Str after both resil and arpen have met their requirements.
    Just so you know gemming strength is mathematically worse than continuing to gem armor pen against all targets. Yes that includes a mage running mage armor or a warlock with fel armor. I can break out math later if needed.

6. Very nice. I don't know what to say. Not a veteran but neither noob but this though me something.

7. July 6, 2017  
    I think your guide is very good and helpful. I just have a question, should warriors use the ability execute, and if so where in the power rotation should they use it?

8. Main build
    This is the most common build among warriors in PvP arms. This build is very good for duels and good in arena as well.

Arena Build
    I would go with this build mainly for 3v3 because it's more optimized to do damage rather than survivability. Could be used in 2v2 as well.

but i cant see any picture or link of the spec?

9. Main build

Arena Build

but i cant see any picture or link of the spec?
    Click over "Main Build" and "Arena Build"....
    However, the "Main Build" seems to be wrong, it should have 3/3 on Sudden Death, not on Improved Hamstring.

10. Thank you very much for your guide, it sure helped me out alot! However, most of your suggested addon links are down, any chance there are some alternative links? cheers

11. I don't understand how you get hit capped with that listed gear?

12. why doesnt this macro work for me? When i press shift, the shattering throw icon appears instead of heroic throw, but i cant cast it when i press the key, i have to click on it. And no, i dont have any other key bound for shift+(heroic/shatter)
    /cast [nomod] Heroic throw
    /cast [mod:shift] Shattering throw

13. Is that your whole macro, or just part that does not work? My guess is it is actually bound but you've missed it. In case it is not, you may try:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Shattering Throw; Heroic Throw

14. Anyone knows if the one who wrote the guide still plays on Warmane? If yes, please tell me his in-game name, I wanna look up on his armory, talk with him in-game ^^ Yes, I tried looking up Aarkiel (his forum name) on the armory, but sadly no result ;\

12 Last