1. Multiboxing Hardware (Discussion)

Hello all, I hope all is well (especially in regards to Multiboxing).

This is my last semester in college before I graduate AND I have NO time to play WoW :( LoL. I have one class left but I am taking 4 studio art classes that coincide with producing work for my senior art exhibition (BFA, Sculpture & Ceramics).

After some consideration, I may or may not bite the ÔÇ£economical undertow bulletÔÇØ and build an Intel processor based machine (oh noz), BUUUUUUT, not before I test out the FX-9590, $329.99 for the AMD processor instead of $863.76 for an Intel processor and motherboard sounds good to me LoL. I donÔÇÖt think that my dual GeForce 9800GT graphic cards are my bottle neck first because WoW is more CPU intensive, and second I had installed a GT 630 which is 2GB and my current video cards are 512MB each (but sadly canÔÇÖt link together to produce 1GB total, I have tried SLI mode, etc.) and performance did not change. Things are pointing to my FX-8120 processor as being the bottleneck, cpu usage while running 25 characters is pretty high at times and I was thinking maybe a higher grade graphic card would take some pressure of the cpu, it did not but would still aid in FPS and gameplay recording IÔÇÖm assuming.

System Goals
    Primarily - I want a single system that can efficiently run 25 characters in cities/raids.
    Secondarily - Record decent quality (HD 1080p if possible) gameplay videos.

I can run 25 characters but not ÔÇ£veryÔÇØ well in cities, I get pretty good performance in ICC 25-man though. If I do go the way of Intel I will more than likely wait until the Intel 8-core processor(s) come out (later this year supposedly), the price of the older models may/should drop then :)

I'm assuming the below quote is true/decent in cities/raids:
    I run 25 chars with i7 4770k@stock clockes & 12 GB RAM @ 1600MHz and GTX 770
    And i setup CPU settings in ISBoxer w/o Hyper-Thread Cores, and get 35+ FPS on main toon
    IF the above holds true (and I go the way of Intel) even if the performance isn't top notch in raids/cities, I'm assuming an Intel Core i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 3.4GHz (6-core) would definitely bring the performance up and hopefully up to great performance.

2. Intel System
    Spoiler: Show

Processor - Intel i7-4930k Ivy Bridge Processor
    Motherboard - ASUS P9X79 Motherboard
    RAM - (I will use my current sticks) = G. Skill Ares 32GB
    Graphic Card:
    HD 7770 Graphic Card (Economical choice)
    or
    GTX 780 Graphic Card (Ideal choice for recording?)

If the FX-9590 allows for good 25 character city/raid performance then I will just upgrade my video cards :)

3. System Goals
    Primarily - I want a single system that can efficiently run 25 characters in cities/raids.
    Multiboxing 25 characters on a SINGLE system while maintaining an acceptable FPS in city raids will be quite hard to achieve unless you're willing to spend A LOT (10k euro) on a system with a multi processor motherboard.
    I would not recommend trying to box 25 on a single system.

I succesfully multibox 25 accounts myself and i use two systems.
    My speccs are :

PC1 = [email protected] 6 core, 32gb ram, GTX780 3Gb (15 accounts)

[email protected] 4 core, 32Gb ram, GTX680 4Gb (10 accounts)

Including monitors etc this setup will cost you around 4k

Gteamx has experience with the AMD cpu's & intel CPUs and from what i heard from him is that the intel CPU's are much much more performant when it comes to multiboxing WoW clients.
    I think we both would suggest getting a 3930k/4930k and overclocking it, it gives great results.

Secondarily - Record decent quality (HD 1080p if possible) gameplay videos.
    As for the GPU i would suggest getting a high end nvidia card(770,780) because those support shadowplay.
    The nvidia gpu hardware allows you to record your screen with little to no load at all while multiboxing.
    Ati doesn't support this.

Check this video i recorded for example.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAy64dnjZIA

I used a GTX780, recorded at FULL HD during a city raid and my fps stayed around 40-45.
    The recording program is bandicam, it works great. :)

It's pretty cool when you can record those teleporthackers in full HD.
    Check this fool : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2unYcWtxV8E

I run 25 chars with i7 4770k@stock clockes & 12 GB RAM @ 1600MHz and GTX 770
    And i setup CPU settings in ISBoxer w/o Hyper-Thread Cores, and get 35+ FPS on main toon
    I doubt Woloss will be able to maintain a playable FPS in city raids. I asked him for proof if he can but no response yet. As far as my knowledge goes it is NOT POSSIBLE to box 25 on that system in a city raid.
    Questing in low population zones are no problem ofcourse.

Remember, if you raid city's you probably bring friends and another multiboxer, your pc needs to render that person his characters too + all the alliance characters that you're going to fight.

4. The system you suggested in the second post would probably allow you to box 16-17 accounts at once in city raids btw.

5. In my opinion:
    Currently there's no way to reach 25 in city raids with only 1 pc / cpu.

Maybe with the absolutely best parts available in the market atm u will reach 20.

25 - maybe when intel will release 8-core cpu later this year.

I totally agree with all :)

6. Thanks for the input guys. I might just "partially" clone my current AMD system, upgrade the video card (to something like a GTX 780) and processor (to a FX-8320) on one and split the RAM between the two.

--- System 1 ---
    Processor - FX-8320
    RAM - 16GB
    GTX 780 (or something close/better)

--- System 2 ---
    Processor - FX-8120
    RAM - 16GB
    9800 GT

I have priced another AMD system: processor (FX-8320), motherboard, SSD HDD (120GB) and case for $426.94 total, shipped to my door. An Intel motherboard and i7 4770k processor alone would be over $569.78 (LoL). I agree with Intel processors having great performance, an Intel i7 2920qm could run about 10 characters with no problem. For now a partial system clone is more feasible than trying to build a monster 25 character city raid system which may not be currently possible/economical.

7. May 31, 2014  
    I'm able to multibox 30 accounts with 0 lag on main window.

Got a 780 and i7 2600k and my CPU usage with 30 WoW open in the middle of SW is around 35% ish. Only bottleneck im currently experiencing is the RAM memory which caps quiet easily.

8. May 31, 2014  
    How are you doing that?
    I have an i7 4770k @ 4.6 GHz and GTX 690 + 32 GB of ram and my cpu is used to 100% with only 20 accounts...

9. May 31, 2014  
    How are you doing that?
    I have an i7 4770k @ 4.6 GHz and GTX 690 + 32 GB of ram and my cpu is used to 100% with only 20 accounts...
    Running all bots on 800x800 on lowest settings and background fps at 10. When doing that 1 WoW process only takes around 1-2% cpu usage even in middle of orgrimmar/stormwind.

On main window I have decent settings and 60fps.

10. June 1, 2014  
    http://www.twitch.tv/preparedwow/profile
    you can check here some configurations of this guy, he is one of the most famous multiboxers ever if not the most famous (66 accounts)
    to run 25 characters in multibox from just one computer is kinda impossible, you can load wow 20 times, but imagine when all this characters start to cast or fight with another 20 at same time what mess will be

11. June 1, 2014  
    he is one of the most famous multiboxers ever if not the most famous (66 accounts)
    Most famous multiboxer is still Kruschpak ;)

12. June 1, 2014  
    http://www.twitch.tv/preparedwow/profile
    you can check here some configurations of this guy, he is one of the most famous multiboxers ever if not the most famous (66 accounts)
    to run 25 characters in multibox from just one computer is kinda impossible, you can load wow 20 times, but imagine when all this characters start to cast or fight with another 20 at same time what mess will be
    It's not impossible if you have a good cpu.

Anyways if you are experiencing problems such as slow loading times or your game stutters as you move then it's most likely your hard drive which is slowing down for you.

13. June 1, 2014  
    I'm running Wow from an SSD...its barely used to 5%..

"Running all bots on 800x800 on lowest settings and background fps at 10. When doing that 1 WoW process only takes around 1-2% cpu usage even in middle of orgrimmar/stormwind.

On main window I have decent settings and 60fps."

hmm..can you give me your .wtf file for the main and slaves please

just tested now..4-5% each wow in front of Org AH..
    main uses 20%..weird

http://postimg.org/image/dlqkb0dc5/full/

14. June 1, 2014  

Currently on 20 Bots. I could do 22 Max but decided to stay on 20. Problem as to why I can't go higher is because my RAM memory is capping out making my computer use my HDD as memory which slows down the whole computer.

This is the CPU usage however this is with everyrthing at background fps. If I switch to main window the CPU usage rockets from 50 to 65~ ish.

15. June 1, 2014  
    Do you have instaswapping enabled?

Also, could you show me how your pc holds up when you go attack the other faction their city/when you engage in +40 vs +40 world PvP battles?

Can you pay speedtest.net a visit for me and show me the results? :)

12 Last