1. I personally use Open Broadcaster Software to record footage directly to my PC and not online.
    If you're willing to take some time looking into encoding settings, it will probably be the best free option. It does have a few minor annoyances and caveats, but it's pretty decent at what it does.

2. So shadowplay doesnt work on wow catalcysm? :(

3. So shadowplay doesnt work on wow catalcysm? :(
    Use desktop recording option and play wow in windowed fullscreen.

4. I personally use Open Broadcaster Software to record footage directly to my PC and not online.
    If you're willing to take some time looking into encoding settings, it will probably be the best free option. It does have a few minor annoyances and caveats, but it's pretty decent at what it does.
    this. plus screw fraps. that program is so screwy half the time. OBS allows for so much more inside wow and outside as well.

5. Bandicam works just for for me.

6. Mirillis Action is the best recording software. It has better quality than fraps, and the file size is pretty lower and FPS doesn't go down that much..It's way better then fraps.

7. I think i found a solution, for some reason when i played bf4 today, i accidentlly had wow open aswell.
    I started shadowplay and was recording on bf4 play.

After playing i noticed i had wow open, BUT i also noticed that the shadowplay icon was on the bottom left of wow for the first time, so i thought maybe when i enable shadow-play for bf4 and open wow at same time then shadowplay is also able to record wow aswell.

Then i went further and i quit bf4 and shadowplay was still running on wow, and i tried to record some footage, and it WORKED, it had created a wow folder in my video file and had wow footage recorded.

So even though you cant add wow-cata on shadowplay, you can start shadowplay on another game apparently and then quit that game and then play wow and use shadowplay to record wow footage : )

Thanks for the above solutions aswell guys : )

8. Mirillis Action is the best recording software. It has better quality than fraps, and the file size is pretty lower and FPS doesn't go down that much..It's way better then fraps.
    No.

Fraps undoubtedly has the best quality since it records in raw format. That is the only reason you are experiencing the drops, because it records with a very high bitrate which takes a lot of space.

9. No.

Fraps undoubtedly has the best quality since it records in raw format. That is the only reason you are experiencing the drops, because it records with a very high bitrate which takes a lot of space.
    Agree with that. Fraps is best BUT you MUST have a high-end PC or at least SSD because of high writting-to-disk speed what actually causes "lags" or stuttering. Also, the size of files could be reduced on post-production decoding. I've seen some tutorial on YouTube how to reduce the size of the file like 5 times with not very much quality loss.

10. fraps is **** coz it cant use dual/quadcores.
    thats why it dropps fps so much.

just use action
    same quality as fraps but way better performance

11. I use OBS now, used to record with Fraps which had a good quality but not anymore since it started crashing like every 10-20 min of the programme being started up.

You should really give OBS a try though because it is very customisable, you can set it up however you want to store recording in big / small files using x cpu and y quality.

I have also tried xSplit and Bandicam. xSplit was OK but I did not like the fact good settings were only available in the paid version; Bandicam I just did not like it at all and so I did uninstall it the very first day I tried it out.

12. Agree with that. Fraps is best BUT you MUST have a high-end PC or at least SSD because of high writting-to-disk speed what actually causes "lags" or stuttering. Also, the size of files could be reduced on post-production decoding. I've seen some tutorial on YouTube how to reduce the size of the file like 5 times with not very much quality loss.
    Well the file size is not a big problem for me..It never was..Check this video to see which one is the best...

Spoiler: Show
    This video is just a comparison..Action Vs Fraps Vs Dxtory and Bandicam..

13. xSplit was OK but I did not like the fact good settings were only available in the paid version;.
    having the paid version myself, xsplit only records in .flv which is just plain dumb. since .flv hates certain programs and having to rerender it as something else is just more time consuming

14. fraps is **** coz it cant use dual/quadcores.
    thats why it dropps fps so much.

just use action
    same quality as fraps but way better performance
    It has nothing to do with your CPU. You can have the ****tiest or the best CPU but still suffer Freezes and FPS drops. Only thing that counts is how fast your HDD can write down the files.

Well the file size is not a big problem for me..It never was..Check this video to see which one is the best...

Spoiler: Show
    This video is just a comparison..Action Vs Fraps Vs Dxtory and Bandicam..
    I'd still say that RAW Fraps is the best if you have a fast dedicated HDD for it or a SSD.

You literally experience 0 quality drop and it's great if you going to do professional editing with it later.

15. May 29, 2018  
    OBS is a free open source, which is used by majority of newbies. While Joyoshare Screen Recorder Windows is a low-budget one, which allows you to specify configuration info and record video with audio in lossless quality.

First 12