1. Update: This addon is no longer needed. Warmane has fixed all the issues that this addon was for.

Some time ago Warmane broke auction house addon functionality and even normal auction house functionality when switching pages too fast as described here (wotlk). Later the same problem appeared on Cataclysm.

When performing search requests too fast AH window gets bugged and has to be reopened to be usable again. This also breaks most AH addons.

This addon fixes the problem by delaying auction house search requests. As a result requests can not be sent too fast and auction house addons work slower than before but at least they work.

Download Warmane AH-fix v1.5 (wotlk)

Download Warmane AH-fix v1.2 (cata)

Version 1.6 (wotlk only): Search delay was added back and increased because of server side changes. - No longer needed after server side fix.

Version 1.5 (wotlk only): The addon now visually changes mails from auction house to show sender as either Alliance Auction House or Horde Auction House. In the new core some auction house mails include city in sender name (like Stormwind Auction House), which prevents addons that check auction house mails by sender name from working properly (for example BeanCounter).

Version 1.4 (wotlk only): Removed delay when searching or scanning auction house as it does not seem to be needed with the new core. On wotlk this addon is now only needed to post auctions using Auctioneer.

Version 1.3 (wotlk only): Added fix for problems with posting auctions with Auctioneer after May 20, 2015 update. Renamed to Warmane AH-fix. If you have older version delete it when downloading new one.

Version 1.2: Functions that ignore the increased delay (like sorting buttons in Auctioneer) will now freeze game for a short moment when trying to send request too early instead of breaking AH window. This should not happen often. Do not keep clicking during the freeze.

Version 1.1: Delay between sending request and getting response is also taken into account now. New request won't be sent too early if previous requests response was delayed.
    Edited: February 22, 2020

2. Thank you very much! :D Working fine here!

3. May 10, 2015  
    Thank you for the fix .
    Is there a way to thinker with the configuration of the addon ,without compromising the fix , to make scans farster ?

4. May 10, 2015  
    Thank you for the fix .
    Is there a way to thinker with the configuration of the addon ,without compromising the fix , to make scans farster ?
    If it can be made faster then only by like 0.1 second per request. The whole point of the addon is to slow requests down and it's already pretty close to the point when server won't respond.

5. May 20, 2015  
    Version 1.3 (wotlk only): Added fix for problems with posting auctions with Auctioneer after todays update. Renamed from Molten AH-fix to Warmane AH-fix. If you have older version delete it when downloading new one.

Download link in first post updated.

6. May 20, 2015  
    Version 1.3 (wotlk only): Added fix for problems with posting auctions with Auctioneer after todays update. Renamed from Molten AH-fix to Warmane AH-fix. If you have older version delete it when downloading new one.

Download link in first post updated.
    What was exactly the problem?

7. May 20, 2015  
    What was exactly the problem?
    Auctioneer uses 2 steps to post an auction:
    1) Adds the item in the regular sell tab
    2) Calls function to create auction - StartAuction(minBid, buyoutPrice, runTime, stackSize, numStacks)

Auctioneer only passes first 3 arguments of the function. Apparently the other 2 were taken directly from sell tabs input fields before (or whole stack was sold in 1 auction by default) but server doesn't do that anymore. I fixed it by adding last 2 arguments when they are missing.
    Edited: May 20, 2015

8. May 20, 2015  
    2) Calls function to create auction - StartAuction(minBid, buyoutPrice, runTime, stackSize, numStacks)

Auctioneer only passes first 3 arguments of the function. Apparently the other 2 were taken directly from sell tab before but server doesn't do that anymore. I fixed it by adding last 2 arguments when they are missing.
    That's weird. WoW allows addons to overload/override function in other addons?

9. May 20, 2015  
    That's weird. WoW allows addons to overload/override function in other addons?
    Not other addons. Only public functions. In this case WoW API function for creating auction. It's more about Lua not WoW. That's how my addon was originally created also. This is how it works:
    Code:
    local origStartAuction = StartAuction;
    StartAuction = function(minBid, buyoutPrice, runTime, stackSize, numStacks)
    	numStacks = numStacks or 1;
    	stackSize = stackSize or AuctionsStackSizeEntry:GetText();
    	return origStartAuction(minBid, buyoutPrice, runTime, stackSize, numStacks);
    end
    Edited: May 20, 2015

10. May 20, 2015  
    Ah OK, I thought you were overriding the addon... You can override public functions though... That sounds pretty good.

11. May 21, 2015  

12. May 21, 2015  

Auctioneer only passes first 3 arguments of the function. Apparently the other 2 were taken directly from sell tabs input fields before (or whole stack was sold in 1 auction by default) but server doesn't do that anymore. I fixed it by adding last 2 arguments when they are missing.
    So this is a bug in auctioneer right? The server seems to recieve invalid data when I tried debugging it using the addon.
    My findings are reporting that Auctioneer wants to sell an item with 0 stacks, which the server now returns an error for instead of selling all stacks.

13. May 21, 2015  
    So this is a bug in auctioneer right? The server seems to recieve invalid data when I tried debugging it using the addon.
    My findings are reporting that Auctioneer wants to sell an item with 0 stacks, which the server now returns an error for instead of selling all stacks.
    I think server is supposed to sell the stack as 1 auction when stackSize and numStacks are not provided. At least it did that before. The problem appeared after yesterdays update. I use Auctioneer suite version 5.8.4723, which was released for patch 3.3.3 but there is no version for 3.3.5 or 3.3.5a, so I assume it worked correctly on retail during patch 3.3.5a. That's most likely left from earlier patch, before Blizzards AH UI allowed posting multiple stacks at the same time without addons.
    Edited: May 21, 2015

14. May 21, 2015  
    The thing is, when i try to sell 3x3 stacks I also get 0 stackSize at serverside. This is why im thinking there is something wrong with auctioneer.
    I need to know whenever something is wrong with the addon, or something is wrong server side. which I will apply a fix for whenever possible.

Using the default auction UI everything seemingly works fine.

Thanks for your help btw.

15. May 21, 2015  
    Auctioneer does not pass last 2 of the 5 parameters of StartAuction function at all, including stack size. That's not how it should be done in patch 3.3.5a but I assume the old way still worked on retail for backward-compatibility. If that's true then this backward-compatibility is what is missing on server side now.

123 ... Last