1. https://imgur.com/a/HtqcV
    https://armory.warmane.com/character...ecrown/summary

This is how i would work arround Parry Haste.
    (would use Agility Expertise Ring from Rotface, i just dont have it on me atm)

I dont like Wrathfull Weapon mainly cos of the lack of Hit which can be crucial when Tanking outside.
    Couple of Misses on Big Infernal and lack of good MD can wipe the raid...

As for Expertise, i agree that u should probably stop on 55, but u dont lose much if u get that Extra 10exp15stamina gem in Neck, since u need 1 red gem anyway and u gain a bit of stamina back from matching the color.

2. I dont like Wrathfull Weapon mainly cos of the lack of Hit which can be crucial when Tanking outside.
    Couple of Misses on Big Infernal and lack of good MD can wipe the raid...
    The Inferno is completely immune to taunt. The only way you're going to pick it up is through Faerie Fire and MDs. You don't really make any use of Taunt on Halion as a main tank, which is also why I suggested Glyph of Maul as a viable candidate in place of Glyph of Growl for some extra threat and survivability.

But you did remind me that while you don't have to be taunt-capped for the big add, you probably should at least be Feral Faerie Fire capped. You need 158 hit rating to land a spell on a level 82 target like the Inferno without the aid of hit debuffs present on it, and my proposed build for Halion was 44 Hit Rating short. I suppose you could remedy that by either a) swapping the armor cloak out for the BPC cloak, since the latter provides exactly 44 Hit Rating, or b) swapping to a Cryptmaker before every Faerie Fire cast.
    Edited: February 10, 2018

3. Yea, i wanted to get the cap for FF mainly, not the Taunt (was making a post in a hurry).
    I forgot that Inferno is lvl 82, so yea, i guess u could do that with Cloak/Wep swap to reach 158 hit, i agree.
    Altho, i would still be a bit worried about ability misses, and would try to get atleast 5% melee hit (10hit15stam gem maybe).
    On top of it all, i would only swap out Cryptmaker and Armor Cloak if Oath and BPC cloak would give similar Armor and Stamina stats (i still dont like or agree on using WGG).
    But again, at this point, 1 item wouldnt make any diference tbh.

P.S. in SS i dont have Umbrage for Stamina gems, since i use the one i got for cat pew pew. Even so, i think that Armor Pen would be a bit more usefull here since it will give u a bit more threat.

Edit: as for glyph, i agree that Maul would be better than Growl on Halion.
    Edited: February 10, 2018

4. First of all, thank you very much for this guide!

I am rolling a bear druid, currently lvl 77. Been following your guide from 15 and on and I do not regret.

One thing I miss in this guide and anywhere else in the internet is some tips for fresh 80. Like, I just hit 80, what should I do as a tank?
    I was looking into craftable gear for example, shoudl I craft the Trollbane Shoulders and Belt for some early epics? Should I just get rushed by guildies in FOS POS HOR untill my mind is bleeding and ive got absolutely everything i get there?

Is the PVP set 4piece bonus a good thing to aim for as a fresh 80?

I know I am saving up for Ikfirus for chest for example, since i wont be changing that in the near future, but some of the slots are pretty hard for me to make up my mind or look for what i should be doing

I think some introductory gearing up guide for fresh 80s bears would be cool also. Nothing too complex, something like:

You've hit 80, now craft this, buy that etc etc.

Edit: please dont understand this as me saying your guide is incomplete, on the contrary, in my opinion its the best out there. Its just a suggestions for a struggle i am facing now :)
    Edited: March 14, 2018

5. Am I missing something? How is Survival Instincts supposed to give you +60% Health instead of 45% glyphed?

6. You're right, it's just 45% more HP glyphed. OP must have been misled into assuming the 45% HP was the original bonus amount.

7. Good work on the guide. It really helped me inform my self better on the subject of tanking even tho I am rolling another class.

If bear is as easy as you say it is, I can't wait for my friends to ask me for tanking class recommendation so I can yell "Druid!"

As always I have a couple of questions, just out of curiosity.

- You said DK's health pull is the spikiest. Why is that ?
    - I've seen a comment saying Druids have the biggest healthpool, but take more damage as well. How so ?

That's it. Cheers !

8. May 3, 2018  
    I feel like I'm having aggro problems and suspect the issue to be dps problems. I'll post my stats. Any ideas?

Base stats:
    STR 377
    AGI 1346
    STM 3828
    ARMOR up to 37,000 with fulls procs

Melee stats:
    Damage 1657-1727
    Speed 2.43
    Power 7401
    Hit 370
    Crit 48.33%
    Expertise 35

9. May 10, 2018  
    Greetings friend of the nature.
    Firstable, thanks for such a gooood guide, that's remind me a lot of information i almost forget about Druid mechanic.

Secondable, I have a little question, that i was already wondering ten years ago, here it is :

Considering that the parry-gibb systeme only work on swing, do the drood really need any expertise?

I mean, we cast maule instead of every normal swing, which mean we are praticly immune from that.
    I can understand that we need it in order to manage every dodge and parry hit, and then by extension, had some threat, but this threat wouldnt be better with dps improvment instead of exprts?
    I'm asking, but still conviced that it's a must have, but i asking the question for some of you who maybe know about it, i didnt really calculat it myself on Tc session.

Thanks, and may the mother-land watch ya steps.

10. July 5, 2018  
    Hello, i wanted to talk about rings. How good is rep ring? Is the proc really worth it? I'm thinking to switch using devium hc + ony 25 ring all the time, since they kinda give more ehp and i dont need hit rating at all. I'm tanking hc bosses on lordaeron with a good guild so im always good on threat getting md/tots all the time and i need every piece of ehp i can get to tank hc bosses. And as hc tanking goes you cant rely on procs, you need steady damage reduction all the time. So whats your guys opinions?

11. July 5, 2018  
    The proc is definitely meh, especially with its low proc rate. A lot of the sell of the rep ring is just the fact that the hit rating allows you more room to drop hit for EHP elsewhere in your gear (with the cloak, for instance).

You might prefer http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=48027 over http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=49489 for EHP, except on fights where the magic resistance is helpful.

12. Thanks for the great guide! I'd just like to mention one thing: If you don't yet have a Red socket Stam bonus, you can use a Nightmare's Tear to fill a Yellow socket stam bonus (Rep ring or Harbinger Ring BoE). This will activate your Meta Gem, and net you 1 extra Stam from the socket bonus.

13. look forward to trying out what i have learned on this guide :D

14. Spamming lacerate means it doesn't tick anymore. Assuming you're casting lacerate faster than once every 2.5 seconds, and knowing that lacerate ticks every 2.5 seconds, if you spam it, it will seldom ever tick, realistically only when you take some time to mangle and faerie fire.

At my low gear level, lacerate ticks for 675 at 5 stacks. The upfront damage, however, is 67 (it is not affected by the stacks). It is an insane, massive loss to spam lacerate instead of letting it tick.

Maybe on Warmane refreshing a dot doesn't reset its tick timer ? I can't test it there. However, if it works like I think it does, there isn't any theorycrafting, calculations, forum war-waging or hair-pulling to do on this matter : fill with swipe, let lacerate tick, refresh when you think it's safest, taking into account your hit/expertise and cooldown of your other abilities.

Note that even at my low, naxx-entry level gear, swipe deals around 700 damage, and lacerate 67. There may be some sort of coefficient bug where I'm playing (not Warmane), but if there isn't, it means that even at low gear, swipe will do more threat than lacerate's upfront damage, if your formulae are to be trusted. 3*700 = 2100. 1*100 + 1000 = 1100. 2100 > 1100 swipe superior even at the lowest conceivable gear levels.

Note that now that I think about it, my lacerate damage really seems to be low. I'm at 4.6k ap. The tooltip says 92 to 93 damage and yet it does 67 (it is bleed damage, so armor shouldn't matter). Maybe it's bugged on my server ? It would help if someone could test on Warmane to settle this once and for all.

But low lacerate upfront damage or not, the tick resetting issue makes it clear that swipe as a filler is the only, very obvious, option.

15. Spamming lacerate means it doesn't tick anymore. Assuming you're casting lacerate faster than once every 2.5 seconds, and knowing that lacerate ticks every 2.5 seconds, if you spam it, it will seldom ever tick, realistically only when you take some time to mangle and faerie fire.

At my low gear level, lacerate ticks for 675 at 5 stacks. The upfront damage, however, is 67 (it is not affected by the stacks). It is an insane, massive loss to spam lacerate instead of letting it tick.

Maybe on Warmane refreshing a dot doesn't reset its tick timer ? I can't test it there. However, if it works like I think it does, there isn't any theorycrafting, calculations, forum war-waging or hair-pulling to do on this matter : fill with swipe, let lacerate tick, refresh when you think it's safest, taking into account your hit/expertise and cooldown of your other abilities.

Note that even at my low, naxx-entry level gear, swipe deals around 700 damage, and lacerate 67. There may be some sort of coefficient bug where I'm playing (not Warmane), but if there isn't, it means that even at low gear, swipe will do more threat than lacerate's upfront damage, if your formulae are to be trusted. 3*700 = 2100. 1*100 + 1000 = 1100. 2100 > 1100 swipe superior even at the lowest conceivable gear levels.

Note that now that I think about it, my lacerate damage really seems to be low. I'm at 4.6k ap. The tooltip says 92 to 93 damage and yet it does 67 (it is bleed damage, so armor shouldn't matter). Maybe it's bugged on my server ? It would help if someone could test on Warmane to settle this once and for all.

But low lacerate upfront damage or not, the tick resetting issue makes it clear that swipe as a filler is the only, very obvious, option.
    Not sure about lacerate upfront dmg, but rest is exactly how it works on warmane... it is even in the rotaion section of the guide... you use swipe as a filler and only refresh lacerate once it hits 5 stacks.

First ... 34567 Last