1. Resto Shaman how to maintain mana?

I just recently started playing resto shaman and I am curious, how do I go about maintaining mana? I just switched over from a full cata holy paladin and it's completely different I'm oom when I try to top my partner off in a heavy burst, what do?

2. Use less greater healing waves,always keep up mana shield and use tide totem whenever ur at 70%.
    1 greater healing wave is enough to top of ur partner if ur mastery build

3. I believe an appropriate question is what is your gear and stats? It really has to be low to go oom on any fight as a resto shaman. If your gear is that low try to get 916 haste, 2000+ spirit and then stack mastery. If your gear is high, just get the talent Telluric Currents and recover your mana with Lightning Bolts.

4. resto shaman gain mana mostly from 3 things: mana tide totem (200% extra spirit for a nice area), telurric current (gain mana equal to 75% of lighting bolt damage), and improved water shield. Resto shaman isn't made for big burst, they can keep earth shield on tank, riptide to chain heal (and then 2 direct heal), unleash element + area heal, and that's it. They're more for sustainable area healing, with mastery that heals more for wounded target.

5. stack crit and have a partner that doesn't play like a mongoloid.

6. Hmm, I also Had problems with mana at the start, didn't have gear for it, But, once I bought the 378 Chest + Hands (Which gave me the set), I Hardly EVER go OOM now. But If I see myself going oom very quickly, I generally do this:
    -> Check My Mana Shield (If it's still up)
    -> The Mana totem (If it's Off CD)
    And If all of these things are where at they should be:
    -> Cast some lightning bolts to recover some mana (Be careful though, you might almost kill a person for not healing). Happened to me once :P