Hello my name is Scott and I love Protection Warriors for those of you who may not know my main is Scottm of Sargeras and i am a tank of <Psychopathic> please keep in mind this is my first guide to anything and this guide was also first posted on the psychopathic forums on 7/18/14 and i will also post the change log so when it says things i changed 2 months ago keep in mind it was first posted on psychopathic forums so without further adieu lets begin

Table of Contents
1. Talents and Glyphs
2. Rotation
3. Gems and Enchantments
4. How to Reforge and Stat Priority
5. BiS list for protection warrior
6. Some Macros
7. What is CTC?
8. Cooldowns
9. Other Information

Starting off with the talents for protection warrior

Q. Why did you not take Impending Victory?
A. Well Its considered an dungeon talent you may want to take it if you are a bit under geared 370 or lower but you should try to max out incite and shield spec so you get more damage out of your heroic strike (one heroic strike crit without incite up will give a free 100% crit on the next one) and more rage when you block an attack or 60 rage if you reflect one

Q. One point in deep wounds? why not all 3?
A. Well it may do more weapon damage if you crit but its really low damage even if its maxed out but even then you can easily rend+thunderclap which is more efficient for aoe and it will be 100% uptime on aoe

Q. No Gag order or Safeguard
A. Gag Order is pretty much useless unless you pvp or do dungeons so i wont take this one but safeguard you could take since when you use intervene it just doesn't transfer an attack to you it also reduces damage your intervene target takes i recommend taking this with the glyph if you need help understanding how this works just PM me in game and i will be happy to help you out

Glyphs

Prime glyphs are
Devastate (5% crit increase)
Revenge (10% more damage)
Shield Slam (10% more damage)

Major Glyphs are
Cleaving (one more target on hit)
Resonating Power (reduced rage needed is 20 without glyph)
Shockwave (reduces cooldown by 3 seconds is 20 without)

Q. Why did you not take a glyph like Victory rush or shield wall
A. for starters victory rush is not needed since you will not be killing alot of things in raids shield wall may give you a 60% over all damage reduction but the cooldown from the glyph is really long and i do not recommend taking this at all

Minor glyphs are
Battle (increased duration by 2 mins and from how far you can use it)
Command (increased duration by 2 mins and from how far you can use it)
Demoralizing Shout (15 second duration increase and from how far you can use it)

________

2. Rotation

Now that you got your talents and glyphs placed you can now work on your rotation

Single target as follows

Leap/Charge>>berserker rage(more rage)>shield block>heroic strike>shield slam>devastate3x>rend>thunderclap(to 3 stacks)>shockwave REPEAT

AoE as follows

Leap>rend>thunderclap>shockwave>inner rage>cleave REPEAT

________

3. Gems and Enchantments

So you are ready to get tanking BUT WAIT you do not have any gems or any enchantments provided on your gear well here are a list of enchants and gems (listed with dragon soul gems aswell)

Enchantments are as follows

Head:90 stamina and 35 dodge
Shoulder:Therazane is bugged so go with the Inscription one
Cloak:250 armor (cant find link)
Chest:20 stats
Bracers:50 dodge
Gloves:65 mastery (50 mastery if you cant afford it)
Belt:Ebon Steel Belt Buckle
Legs:145 stamina and 55 dodge
boots:50 mastery
Weapon:Windwalk or Landslide
Shield:50 mastery

Gems (will contain names of normal and dragon soul gems)

Meta Gem:Effulgent Shadowspirit Diamond (81 stamina and 2% spell damage reduced)
Red:Fine Ember Topaz (20 parry and 20 mastery)
Yellow:Fractured Amber Jewel (40 mastery) subtle amberjewel for prismatic sockets (40 dodge)
Blue:Puissant Dream Emerald (20 mastery and 30 stamina)

Dragon Soul Gems

Red:Fine Lava Coral (25 parry and 25 mastery)
Yellow:Fractured Lightstone (50 mastery)
Blue:Puissant Elven Peridot (25 mastery and 37 stamina)

the numbers I put are the correct numbers not the wowhead numbers

4. How to Reforge and Stat Priority

So you decided to keep reading huh? Well its time i tell you your stat priority and how to reforge it

As said above in the gems you should gem with red gems for 20 Parry and 20 mastery and you should reforge dodge and mastery just to keep parry and dodge as close as possible 17% for dodge and parry is the way you should try to get them.

______

5.BiS list for protection warriors

STILL reading this guide well i guess i should also tell you what kind of gear you should get for yourself

Head:Colossal Dragonplate Faceguard
Neck:Guardspike Choker (valor points)
Shoulder: Colossal Dragonplate Pauldrons
Cloak:Indefatigable Greatcloak (valor points)
Chest:Colossal Dragonplate Chestguard
Bracers:Graveheart Bracers
Gloves:Colossal Dragonplate Handguards
Belt:Goriona's Collar
Legs:Foundations of Courage (blacksmithing ones and you will be at 4p also so no need for another tier item)
Boots:Stillheart Warboots
Ring 1:Hardheart Ring
Ring 2:Signet of the Resolute (valor points)
Trinket 1:Soulshifter Vortex
Trinket 2:Resolve of Undying
Weapon:Souldrinker
Shield:Blackhorn's Mighty Bulwark
Relic/ranged slot:Unexpected Backup (valor points)

Q. Hey why did you decide to take Resovle of Undiying rather then taking Indomitable Pride
A. Well you can use Indomitable Pride over that for an example i would use indomitable Pride on fights such as spine since i will be taking alot of damage from the bloods or amalgamations but on a fight like madness i would use resolve of undying just for the extra dodge chance and i would not be taking alot of damage from the encounter!

Q. Is there any other options for trinkets?
A. Yes you can use any of the other trinkets such as the beth one or from BoT any even the one from Tol Barad

________

6. Some macros you could use

http://pastebin.com/GENRrTRv

These are mainly start attack macros so you never stop attacking

another one i forgot to list is this one

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance() +5))

it tells you what your CTC is which we will cover shortly

_________

7. What is CTC?

Well CTC is something many tanks know as combat table coverage and there is a cap to this CTC which is a cap of 102.4%

Q. Exactly what does this do?
A. Well the macro i posted above calculates your dodge and parry and your block chance and then tells you your current CTC and tells you how much you need to become unhittable and the cap to this is 102.4 and no you cannot become an immortal protection warrior

Q. How can you achieve this cap?
A. Well there are many ways to reach it such as getting new gear buffs in raids reforging to dodge gemming to parry.

Q. I am CTC capped what do i do now?
A. Well you can either do the following go straight up stamina or go straight up mastery

________

8. Cooldowns as Protection Warrior

You are almost at the end of the guide i believe you will make a good protection warrior BUT you got cooldowns as a protection warrior you must look at such as

Last Stand: gives you 30% of your maximum HP for 20 seconds and the 30% is lost at the end of the duration good to use it when you alot of damage is going to be thrown out on you such as vold bolts from yor sahj has a 3 min cooldown and puts a 3 min CD on rallying cry

Rallying Cry: its similar to Last Stand but it grats 20% HP rather then 30% BUT it also gives it to all your other raid members as well best to call out on teamspeak with other warriors when you will be using yours first or after another one's has a 3 min CD and puts a 3 min CD on Last Stand

Shield Wall: is if not one of the biggest cooldowns for a protection warrior it reduces ALL kind of damage this includes all magic and physical damage This also gets modified by warriors t13 4p which gives 50% of shield wall would normally give you (so 20% to the raid) and becomes a really big cooldown

Challenging shout: Is AoE Taunt it taunts every tauntable mob in 10 yards for 6 seconds with a 3 minute cooldown

Shield Block: increases block by 25% for 10 seconds if you are CTC capped the excess block will turn in to critical block on a 30 second cooldown
IMPORTANT>>>>>> CRITICAL BLOCK IS BUGGED AND WILL NOT TRANSFER OVER THE EXCESS BLOCK

Victory Rush: heals you for 24% of your maximum HP the window of opportunity lasts 20 seconds
Keep in mind you must deal the killing blow on an enemy in order for this to proc

Enraged Regeneration: heals you for 36% of your total health and can only be used when you have enraged on
Side note: you get enraged by attacking your target has a 3 minute cooldown

Vigilance: transfers 20% of damage taken from the target you put it on turns into vengeance and resets your Taunt for damage taken by your vigilance target

Recklessness: increases chance to critically hit with your abilitys (shield slam,heroic strike ect) by 50% but also increases all damage taken by 20% so use this ability wisely has a 5 minute cooldown

Concussion Blow:5 second stun on 30 second cooldown

Some cooldowns i may have not mentioned are intimidating shout and Retailiation i personally do not like these but that is just me you can use them if you want

9. Other Information

Shield block does not convert the excess block into critical block (Important to know)

Shattering throw can be used when you do not have the boss in a duo tank fight such as ultraxion or warmaster

Revenge is effected by t13 2p and gives a small shield from 20% of over all damage done by revenge

intervene,heroic leap, and charge are great ways to get around the map but be careful using charge or intervene as it may bug out on you and put you underground

Protection Warriors take slightly more damage then other tanking classes due to critical block bug

Professions you can consider taking are mining for more stamina and blacksmithing for 2 extra sockets which i gem dodge gems into it

shield wall becomes a raid cooldown when you get t13 4p it gives 50% of what your shield wall gives to you (20% to the raid)

Hit cap is 5% (molten)
Expertise cap is 19 (molten)
(numbers may be different i also would recommend you do not try to go for this cap for many reasons)

I hope this guide helped you out and inspires you to play with protection warriors they are a good tanking class that people do not look at any more Happy Raiding!

If you need any help with something you dont understand do not hesitate to whisper me in game or on stream or in the comments below

Later guys!