1. A powerful aimed shot that deals 160% ranged weapon damage plus 776 + 72.4% of RAP.

Tooltip is wrong. You can test yourself.

As for all the real testing, we did it on the old bugtracker, you can take it up with BlueAO.
    The tooltip is right. The damage is wrong. But what the hell. This is molten, I'm not suppose to waste my time with this.

2. The tooltip is right. The damage is wrong. But what the hell. This is molten, I'm not suppose to waste my time with this.
    You can check the tooltip, I posted the formula, just plug it in... lol O.o

I'm far too lazy to take screenshots and post them, but sorry to burst bubble, it seems fine on my hunter.

3. Best advice. Don't pay attention to general whining. I would still recommend to stay away from Locks, Boomkins, Frost DKs, Ele Shammies, fury warrs feral druids and rogues for PvE.

and why would u stay away from fury warrs ? fury is awesome spec especially if the fight wont last too much i am doing around 60k on zonozz in fury so i wouldnt stay away from fury warrs

4. and why would u stay away from fury warrs ? fury is awesome spec especially if the fight wont last too much i am doing around 60k on zonozz in fury so i wouldnt stay away from fury warrs
    our Arms warriors are doing 65-70k, in none BiS gear, in 10m. Anything Fury can do, Arrms will be better at this point. Higher 1st 10 seconds burst means nothing.

Kevinator
    our Arms warriors are doing 65-70k, in none BiS gear, in 10m. Anything Fury can do, Arrms will be better at this point. Higher 1st 10 seconds burst means nothing.
    really? seems interesting mind doing a video of a morchork kill with a non bis gear arms warrior doing 65-70k i would like to see it.

BTW once arms warriors execute gets fixed fury wont be as behind:)

6. Sorry for oftopic but...
    Why do people keep going on with this BS?

Stop seriously. You have no idea oh how a class is meant to be played, how it was on retail and how it is actually bugged here then please stop with the bull****.
    hehehe. These people doesn't even know that their bugged.

I asked an enhancement shaman, Why is your damage so High even with green gear? His answer, "Enhancement Shamans are supposed to be this way". ZOINKS
    After this u get thing like this

This is where you will find that I am a god at explaining things.

I have a hunter I made a long time ago, you can view it's gear here Shintenduchi, I still have green and blue pvp gear.
    And I test this on a lvl 1 dummy so there would be no damage mitigation whatsoever.

First off, lets take a look at Aimed Shot.

So the formula for this is very simple.
    White dmg (100% weapon damage) + 60% more damage + 5658 = result

So I'm going to give you a baseline on where it all starts.

3951 as weapon damage, we would just add 60% more for Aimed Shot because 3951 is already 100% weapon damage.

Lets use calculator then add.
    3951 + 60% = 6321.6
    6321.6 + 5658 = 11979.6

So the damage output of aimed shot should be 11980 or somewhere very close to that.
    but no, here is your aimed shot damage.

15,468!

Aimed shot is overscaling by 40% more damage than what it should. One positive bugged explained but theres more.
    I thought that u will QQing becuse BMs and their pets...

You could just check old bug tracker. http://forum.molten-wow.com/bugtraq....w&vbug_id=9150

Formula goes something like this (100% normalizated weapon dmg + 72.4% RAP + 776) * 160% + 100

U add + 60% more after u calculated ur 3959 + 5658 = 9617 * 1.6 = approximate ur 15387 dmg on dummy

For rest info check that bug report.

And hunter HAVE some realy bad nerf bugs, example http://bugtracker.molten-wow.com/issues/4717

7. Sorry for oftopic but...

After this u get thing like this

I thought that u will QQing becuse BMs and their pets...

You could just check old bug tracker. http://forum.molten-wow.com/bugtraq....w&vbug_id=9150

Formula goes something like this (100% normalizated weapon dmg + 72.4% RAP + 776) * 160% + 100

U add + 60% more after u calculated ur 3959 + 5658 = 9617 * 1.6 = approximate ur 15387 dmg on dummy

For rest info check that bug report.

And hunter HAVE some realy bad nerf bugs, example http://bugtracker.molten-wow.com/issues/4717

Now Ily can spend as much time going through all the testing done for Aimed Shot like hunters did for months :P

Thanks for finding link to old bugtracker

8. As for crits, I don't think I was correct with the 1.5 times scaling, some confirmation would be nice on that, I think I'm seeing 2x damage on crits. Thought this was changed in cata, but maybe not :P

Crits are 2x on hunters. They used to be 1.5x for casters but they're all double now too. Also, many classes have talents/meta gems that modify crit bonuses, not sure about hunters...

9. really? seems interesting mind doing a video of a morchork kill with a non bis gear arms warrior doing 65-70k i would like to see it.
    He talked about a specific fight (Warlord):
    i am doing around 60k on zonozz in fury so i wouldnt stay away from fury warrs
    I answered him, regarding the same fight:

our Arms warriors are doing 65-70k, in none BiS gear, in 10m.

BTW once arms warriors execute gets fixed fury wont be as behind:)
    That a blunt lie. Just have a look at World of Logs for Cataclysm and you will see how wrong you are. Fury depends on a very good burst, rest of the fight their dmg/dps is just poop.

10. Now Ily can spend as much time going through all the testing done for Aimed Shot like hunters did for months :P

Thanks for finding link to old bugtracker
    People were successful making the aimed shot overpowered. Their tests at first were within range. They "fixed" it adding more damage to it to shut people up.

I tested my simple formula on all my Death Knight abilities. and they were all correct except for one, Blood strike, every DK knows that it deals another 40% damage with both disease up. The Devs missed that, but blood strike is a worthless skill now for Death Knights so people ignored it.

I hate it when people takes advantage of a buggy server suffering from buggy class abilities. And I also love how people tend to abuse bugs against me,
    for example: while I have Anti-Magic Shell and healing myslef, you guys bombard me with Silencing shots and Counter Spells which should be resisted by Anti-Magic Shell. Any harmful magical effect should be resisted.

What a broken game.

11. ilyanah, development doesn't come cheap. there's a lot of bugs, but you to learn to accept that when you play on free private server.

Kevinator
    He talked about a specific fight (Warlord):

I answered him, regarding the same fight:

That a blunt lie. Just have a look at World of Logs for Cataclysm and you will see how wrong you are. Fury depends on a very good burst, rest of the fight their dmg/dps is just poop.
    Im sorry but I have never used cata logs could you tell me if this is right or not
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...rchok/10N/dps/ On this fight morchork fury warrior is top and i dont see another arms warrior until 2-3 pages. like i said before I dont know if this is right or if this was done by level 90. so if i am wrong have mercy:)

13. ilyanah, development doesn't come cheap. there's a lot of bugs, but you to learn to accept that when you play on free private server.
    If I am a PvEr yea it won't matter, I don't care. But it matters a lot in PvP.

14. ...And I also love how people tend to abuse bugs against me...
    That's actually what I do, I never use bugged skills against anyone else but when I see you, I am totally like "Oh ****, Ilyanah, better start using bugs fast".

Desecration working as intended, nuff said.

15. If I am a PvEr yea it won't matter, I don't care. But it matters a lot in PvP.
    Well beggars can't be choosers at this point. Course a lot went retail so... if you are after a bug free experience it is definitely the way to go.

First 1234513 ... Last