1. How are hunters bugged? O.o
    This is where you will find that I am a god at explaining things.

I have a hunter I made a long time ago, you can view it's gear here Shintenduchi, I still have green and blue pvp gear.
    And I test this on a lvl 1 dummy so there would be no damage mitigation whatsoever.

First off, lets take a look at Aimed Shot.

So the formula for this is very simple.
    White dmg (100% weapon damage) + 60% more damage + 5658 = result

So I'm going to give you a baseline on where it all starts.

3951 as weapon damage, we would just add 60% more for Aimed Shot because 3951 is already 100% weapon damage.

Lets use calculator then add.
    3951 + 60% = 6321.6
    6321.6 + 5658 = 11979.6

So the damage output of aimed shot should be 11980 or somewhere very close to that.
    but no, here is your aimed shot damage.

15,468!

Aimed shot is overscaling by 40% more damage than what it should. One positive bugged explained but theres more.

2. You forgot Careful Aim, it increases the critical strike chance of your Aimed Shot by 60% on targets above 90% HP. 14.40 + 60 = 74.40%.

3. You forgot Careful Aim, it increases the critical strike chance of your Aimed Shot by 60% on targets above 90% HP. 14.40 + 60 = 74.40%.
    I do not have careful aim talent, I still have 7 talent points remaining. but if you put it that way yea, it will have a lot of chances for a critical.

4. Needs more human ret paladins and hunters kappa

Kevinator
    roll a dudu that way u can play all 4 roles
    :P

6. I do not have careful aim talent, I still have 7 talent points remaining. but if you put it that way yea, it will have a lot of chances for a critical.
    I still think there's something off with ur math. I wish MM was as good as Cata Retail.

7. This is where you will find that I am a god at explaining things.

I have a hunter I made a long time ago, you can view it's gear here Shintenduchi, I still have green and blue pvp gear.
    And I test this on a lvl 1 dummy so there would be no damage mitigation whatsoever.

First off, lets take a look at Aimed Shot.

So the formula for this is very simple.
    White dmg (100% weapon damage) + 60% more damage + 5658 = result

So I'm going to give you a baseline on where it all starts.

3951 as weapon damage, we would just add 60% more for Aimed Shot because 3951 is already 100% weapon damage.

Lets use calculator then add.
    3951 + 60% = 6321.6
    6321.6 + 5658 = 11979.6

So the damage output of aimed shot should be 11980 or somewhere very close to that.
    but no, here is your aimed shot damage.

15,468!

Aimed shot is overscaling by 40% more damage than what it should. One positive bugged explained but theres more.
    I guess even "gods" make math mistakes :P

The damage on your weapon damage is a crit.
    The damage on your aimed shot is also a crit.
    The damage that you expect aimed shot SHOULD be doing does not take this into account.

Here's an explanation.

Aimed Shot damage in this case would be 160% weapon damage + 5658.
    A crit would then do (160%weapon damage + 5658)*1.5 (I believe crits do 1.5 times regular damage, 99% sure this is the scaling amount on crits)

As such, the expected crit amount would be 1.6*1.5*weapon damage + 8487.
    Since you already got a crit with your auto-attack, we can substitute that right in for the critical weapon damage.

Expected Aimed Shot Crit damage: 3951*1.6+8487=6321.6+8487=14808.6
    Aimed Shot damage you saw: 15468.

Still a bit different, for this difference its just a logical argument. Hunter weapon damage tends to range a lot. When you add such large scaling (1.5*1.6=2.4, which is 240% scaling), that interval grows even larger. As such, you will see HUGE difference in aimed shot critical damages (these actually change depending on bow as well).

TL;DR Your didn't multiply the added damage of 5658 due to crit. There is no bug.

QED

8. I still think there's something off with ur math. I wish MM was as good as Cata Retail.
    4.3.4 was a bad patch for hunters on retail too. PvP arena ladders had close to none, and even in pve MM was like 8th, surv was 18 and BM was 20 (out of 22 dps specs...).

Still, given how terribad MM is here with a key talent bugged, I can see where you're coming from :(

Hunters are still one of the least negatively bugged classes here though, so that does help us at least in PvP.

9. I guess even "gods" make math mistakes :P

The damage on your weapon damage is a crit.
    The damage on your aimed shot is also a crit.
    The damage that you expect aimed shot SHOULD be doing does not take this into account.
    tsk tsk tsk, Notoriouss. Please don't blind yourself. I already showed you an obvious positive bug and you fail to accept. This is not where you're gonna win.

Aimed shot is a CRIT? Look again... "Combat Log". Look at everything in the picture, do it, it wouldn't hurt at all just try.

Where is the CRIT there?

Check my armory http://armory.molten-wow.com/charact...uchi/Sargeras/ , then check my ranged weapon damage. It says my Ranged Weapon damage is 2612 - 3463 then add attack power then my weapon damage is within range of a non crit damage which is 3951, and it's a lvl 1 dummy for christ sake.

Try my calculations with Chimera Shot and Arcane Shot, it's correct. I use that calculation formula on my DK and it is all correct.

Since you do not know what a combat log is, I'm going to introduce it to you. This is what crits looks like with aimed shot in the combat log.

10. Ahh your damage text makes a normal hit look like what mine looks like a crit.

I'll test this on my own hunter.

11. I'm expecting to see 25k and hit 27k, hardly a big difference.

I think the issue in your test is that you were ignoring the range between the weapon damages, ie: you probably hit low end on your auto shot, then multiplied it through, and then hit a higher hit on aimed shot.

Multiply your low end ranged damage by 1.6 and your high end damage by 1.6 and then test. You should see similar results.

As for crits, I don't think I was correct with the 1.5 times scaling, some confirmation would be nice on that, I think I'm seeing 2x damage on crits. Thought this was changed in cata, but maybe not :P

12. I'm expecting to see 25k and hit 27k, hardly a big difference.

I think the issue in your test is that you were ignoring the range between the weapon damages, ie: you probably hit low end on your auto shot, then multiplied it through, and then hit a higher hit on aimed shot.

Multiply your low end ranged damage by 1.6 and your high end damage by 1.6 and then test. You should see similar results.

As for crits, I don't think I was correct with the 1.5 times scaling, some confirmation would be nice on that, I think I'm seeing 2x damage on crits. Thought this was changed in cata, but maybe not :P
    Your answer is inconclusive, I can see between those lines that you have tried it out and realized something isn't right.

13. Your answer is inconclusive, I can see between those lines that you have tried it out and realized something isn't right.
    A powerful aimed shot that deals 160% ranged weapon damage plus 776 + 72.4% of RAP.

Tooltip is wrong. You can test yourself.

As for all the real testing, we did it on the old bugtracker, you can take it up with BlueAO.

First 123412 ... Last