1. Funkymusic, hi!

I awaited for some uncommon Resto Shaman guide 3.3.5a for a long time, because the one on the forum was deleted and another, published by Korben is too old and have many suggestions after the latest fixes. IÔÇÖm going to level up a Resto Shaman; already leveled to BiS an Ele one and to under BiS an Enh one.

Reading your guide and few quotes I see that you know more or less how itÔÇÖs working and what you are talking about.

In general, I have some skills with my 6.1kGS Resto Shaman and I cant use this guide to improve my skills worthy for BiS level. Its good for some AVG players, which using 50% of class performance only, to level for raiding in Normal raids, to get the Kingslayer and after this to delete their account and game. I dont understand why your guide is so poor and plain like a lot of other Internet DPSclass guides: 1. Use this talent, 2. Use this weapon, 3. You have this spell. You didnt know?, 4. Use this glyph . And after all no one understand how its working all together!

 on Molten there are two types of players: complete new and Veterans, which are interested in some deep concepts while they leveling some ALTs.
    I think, you should add the second chapter for dedicated concepts, which should include the formatted quotes of this thread, because these advances are really good (by Bleu, PandaMania and Shadowirk). I donÔÇÖt understand your Talent Tree decision and why ÔÇ£no Elemental Weapons?ÔÇØ always.

The main problem: many threads and guides holding some concept like talent, spell, Glyph and entire guide or play style is built around that concept. I rarely saw the situation when are described few concepts and explained how they are working all together.

My vision of Resto Shaman Gameplay
    Restoration role, as any tanking in-raid role, has many variations to build the Set depending by play style and required functions (they are not DPS casters/melees).

I see 4 different Restoration Shaman Sets:

Set 1 (Pure AoE healing).
    Set 1 Talents Tree: the link.
    Set 1 Glyphs: Glyph of Chain Heal, Glyph of Earth Shield (the one, which have the best value in return of HPS), Glyph of Water Mastery or Glyph of Earthliving Weapon (better).
    Set 1 Weapon: Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings .
    Set 1 Relic: ] Totem of Calming Tides.
    Set 1 Trinkets: Althor's Abacus and ] Glowing Twilight Scale .
    Set 1 Stats: You are right: ÔÇ£For AoE healing the HASTE and random HoTs are superior (even OMGWTF mace shields)ÔÇØ. The chosen trinkets are just superb for this set if you know how to play this set and donÔÇÖt cast Riptide (Such huge mana drain spell) like crazy.
    Set 1 Concept and Tips: I didnÔÇÖt dropped 3 points into Ancestral Healing = 10% physical damage reduction, because your main task is raid healing and usually casters, healers and other melee DPS donÔÇÖt take massive physical dmg from the boss. If there are some encounters where some trashes will appear, than you can replace the Ancestral buff with ValÔÇÖanyr shield and HoTs. Just imagine, -10% ph dmg reduction from 5000 trashes hit = 500 dmg -> pfff. Improved Earth Shield is great, but currently bugged, moreover he isnÔÇÖt supported by Improved Shields (approved). The last 2 points I dropped into the Healing Grace, because there are no better option until Improved Earth Shield will be fixed. About the Elemental Weapons is written below. Required to cast the Riptide on random raid units, just to buff our Chain Heal. Spells: CH 60%; HW 10%; Riptide 30%.

Set 2 (Basic AoE healing with some single target healing).
    Set 2 Talents Tree: the same as for Set 1.
    Set 2 Glyphs: Glyph of Chain Heal, Glyph of Riptide, Glyph of Healing Wave.
    Set 2 Weapon: Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings or Royal Scepter of Terenas II .
    Set 2 Relic: ] Totem of Calming Tides.
    Set 2 Trinkets: the same as for Set 1 or replace the Twiligh Scale with or Solace of the Fallen
    Set 2 Stats: the same as for Set 1.
    Set 2 Concept and Tips: For Set 2 changes happens into Glyphs and gear basically. This time is required to keep the riptide buff on some target like a beacon (usually the MT or OT) just to improve our CH and is required to use HW more frequently to instantly heal any unit under 50%. Frequent Riptide and HW requires more MP5, which itÔÇÖs possible to regain from Solace trinket. This Set concept is similar to PandaManiaÔÇÖs explanations. Spells: CH 50%; HW 20%; Riptide 30%.

Set 3 (Tank support healing).
    Set 3 Talents Tree: the link.
    Set 3 Glyphs: Glyph of Chain Heal, Glyph of Riptide, Glyph of Healing Wave or Glyph of Water Mastery (better).
    Set 3 Weapon: Royal Scepter of Terenas II .
    Set 3 Relic: ] Totem of the Surging Sea.
    Set 3 Trinkets: the same as for Set 2. At low MP5 pair the Solace with Purified Lunar Dust.
    Set 3 Stats: You are right Funky: ÔÇ£Passing slowly into tank healing, we should improve our Spell Power, MP5 and Intellect. More 1000 mana HWs = more mana drains with greater chance to overhealing.ÔÇØ. The haste has lower priority here.
    Set 3 Concept and Tips: This set using 3 points of Ancestral Healing (-10%ph dmg), which buff should be held on MT and OT all the time. Without a lot of CH spells the number of Earthliving HoTs should be more less so no need in Elemental Weapns talent (which points must be transferred to Ancestral). I recommend the Glyph of Water Mastery, because this Set play style is the most boring, annoying and mana drain one. And try to use Flask of Mojo with ÔÇ£this SetÔÇØ. Switch Riptide beacon from MT to OT respectively to taking damage. Due to frequent Riptide itÔÇÖs good idea to keep Surging Sea Relic, because his buff is easy to hold at 3 stacks now. Spells: CH 30%; HW/LHW 30%; Riptide 40%..

Set 4 (Main tank healer).
    Set 4 Talents Tree: the link.
    Set 4 Glyphs: Glyph of Healing Wave, Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave, Glyph of Earth Shield (optional).
    Set 4 Weapon: The only one BiS Royal Scepter of Terenas II .
    Set 4 Relic: ] Wrathful Gladiator's Totem of the Third Wind. Surprised?
    Set 4 Trinkets: the same as for Set 2
    Set 4 Stats: SP, Intellect, Spell Crit.
    Set 4 Concept and Tips: Yes, there is a sense to switch 2 points from one partially bugged Improved Shields (for healers) talent to another one ÔÇô Improved Earth Shield. This will make our life just easier ÔÇô will not force us to refresh Earth Shield so frequent, as a result we shall not waste GCD on it, we shall use addition GCD on HW, LHW or Riptide. The MP5 and Intellect are very important here, because here is required a lot of mana regeneration and the powerful HW spell is improved very well by Nature's Blessing *. Through increased Intellect (gems, gear, enchants) the Spell Crit increases proportionally. The Spell Crit is valuable for this Set, as strange as it sounds, because Ancestral Healing buff (-10%ph dmg) procs after healing spell crit and moreover it increases the procs of Improved Water Shield talent as a result ÔÇô more mana regeneration even with only one point into Improved Shields talent!. The Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave is optional, because through LHW we can force on the Ancestral Healing buff faster with addition +20% healing if the target have Earth Shield up, during the tank healing. If the tank takes not so huge dmg burst (Saurfang, Rotface, BPC, BQL and e.t.c) the LHW is very valuable and, due to Set4 options, empowered spell to heal without overhealing, to put Ancestrall buff, to save 50% mana during the Tidal Waves. For Example, the LK25HC hits for ÔÇ£insaneÔÇØ 125000 dmg; a 40k armored (-72% ph dmg) tank takes like 32-35k direct dmg; Ancestral Healing buff reduces this dmg by max 3500 point (not bad); with good block value of 2200 the constant direct dmg is reduced by 5700! OR 125000*(-10%)=12500, 125000-12500 = 112500*(-72%) = 31500 dmg. IDK which stat reduces the damage firstly, but the final direct damage will be the same practically.
    Tip*: Nature's Blessing works with both Intellect from gear, spells like Arcane Intellect and Blessing of Kings, consumables, and the Ancestral Knowledge talent. The talent provides a significant bonus to healing done just from base Intellect, and healing spell power gained increases as the shaman's gear improves.

About Elemental Weapons Talent and AoE healing.

During AoE healing this talent is important, because using glyphed CH we can put at last one Earthliving HoT on a target but AVG chance is 2 HoTs per GCD CH. Due to Blessing of the Eternals the chance of Earthliving is 100% on units below 35% HP. The Earthliving HoT of 652 over 12 sec is practically identical to Riptide HoT of 639-691 over 15sec. With well known casting concept of Riptide -> CH->HW->CH->CH->Riptide itÔÇÖs possible to hold like 7-10 HoTs on raid units using T10 4 set bonus. With OMGWTF mace even more. The Earthliving+Riptide pair HoTs works similar to Resto DruidÔÇÖs Rejuvenation, but not so manageable. For example, during SaurfangÔÇÖs encounter no matter you using manageable Rejuvenation or unmanageable Earthliving you can go to prepare some coffee, because all healing job will be done by tank healer. During healing intensive encounters like Halion shadow realm, BQL, Sindragosa, Rotface, Festergut or PP both kind of HoTs will work fine. These HoTs will help to heal targets over 80%HP without to cast so powerful spell like HW = 90% Overheal, as a result of old Resto shaman problem ÔÇô mana drain through overhealing. With my 6.1k Resto druid I can pull 15kHPS from so weak HoTs like Rejuvenation and Wild Growth, without overhealing, for example!

Conclusion #1. If the Elemental Weapons improves the Earthliving HoT from 652 to 652+(30%) = 847 IDK, havenÔÇÖt proofs. But if it do that, than this talent is more powerful than we thinking about.

The Earthliving Weapon buff increasing healing done by 150 (for all heals). IDK, maybe IÔÇÖm wrong, but you did a little mistake here. It increases the healing done but not Spell Power! The Elemental Weapons improves this healing for addition 30%: 150+(30%) = 150*1.3 = 195, 195 ÔÇô 150 = 45! Now letÔÇÖs look at the long forgotten criteria ÔÇô the Spell Power Coefficients! Each healing spell is improved by Spell power differently. CH (G) have SPC% 292.19%.
    For example, CH base healing is from (1055 to 1205) + 15%*Intellect = 1055+4950 to 1205+4950 = 6000 to 6155. ItÔÇÖs improved by talents by 10%(t) + 20%(t) + 25%(after Riptide) = 55% more healing and glyphed. LetÔÇÖs take the max value of 6155 when all targets are healed and character SP is 4200, so:

Without Elemetal weapons:
    CH (G) normal = (6155 + 4200*(292.2%))*(55%)= (6155 + 12272)*1.55 = 28562 HP (all 4 targets);
    CH (G) crit = 28562*(150%) = 28562*1.5 = 42843 HP (total).
    With Elemental weapons:
    Improved CH (G) normal = (6155 + 45(EW) + 4200*(292.2%))*(55%)= (6200 + 12272)*1.55 = 28632 HP (all 4 targets);
    Improved CH (G) crit = 28632*1.5 = 42948 HP;

CH (G) delta norm = 28632 ÔÇô 28562 = 70 HP;
    CH (G) delta crit = 42948 - 42843 = 105 HP. AVG=90HP more.

After all casted spells during the 5-8min encounter it can stack to an amount of 2-3% from entire healing done. If this talent improves the HoTs, than it doing the same job, even better, as the trinket of Glowing Twiligh Scale HC doing. Not so much, but itÔÇÖs better than improved Reincarnation e.t.c

Tip: Read in my thread the paragraph 2.5. DPS Trainer to see how this can be calculated with random ring, trinkets, talents or weapon buffs (link).

The Resto Shaman Play Style
    So rare, short, too simple and good advance Shadowirk posted. It held the main Restoration play style idea:  a good shaman does NOT spam Chain Heal only. Let me add also:  a good shaman does NOT spam Riptide and Healing Wave too frequently.
    Really letÔÇÖs check our T10 bonuses and talents:
    T10 x2: Riptide grants 20% spell haste for any spell within 10sec.
    T10 x4: CH Crits puts a 25%HoT over 9 sec from the amount of direct heal.
    Riptide: Puts a 639-691 HoT over 15 sec and CH on the hotted target, within 15 sec, will consume the HoT and increase the CH by 25%.
    Tidal Waves: The CH or Riptide (only) have 100% chance reduces the cast time of HW by 30% and improves the Crit ch of LHW by 25% (THE BUFF HAVE 2 STACKS). Moreover, the HW is improved by 20% and LHW is improved by 10%.
    Ancestral Awakening: After HW, LHW or Riptide crits you summon an Ancestral Spirit, instantly healing the lowest percentage health friendly party or raid target within 40yrds for 30% of the amount healed.
    Important! Use Power Auras addon and configure your Skada or HealBot to track all these buffs all time.

AoE Healing
    Put EH on the MT. Stack enough Haste to bring the default CH cast time to 1.1-1.2 sec (soft cap). Cast Riptide on MT by default to get the T10x2 buff for your next CH (1sec cast guaranteed). DonÔÇÖt cast your CH on MT, let The Riptide HoT to work for the remaining 15 sec. Use CH on ranged basically. If itÔÇÖs required to heal the MT/OT use LHW, because you already have Tidal Waves buff after first Riptide or CH. Yes, cast LHW during AoE healing, because this crit chance is improved by 25% and you have increased chance to proc Ancestral Awakening talent HoT (from LHW crit = 22000 HP itÔÇÖs 22000*(-30%) = 6600!). Moreover, you will do lesser overhealing (just remember that on MT is focused other healer) and will save like 50% mana. Then cast some addition CH on diff targets and try to proc the T10x4 bonus. If your Riptide still working on MT, after 10-12 sec it was casted, ALWAYS use the last CH on the MT just to improve this CH by 25%! Then repeat these actions.

Tank Healing
    Put EH on the MT. Cast Riptide on MT by default to get the T10x2 buff for your next CH (1sec cast guaranteed). If only MT takes damage then cast HW FIRSTLY (always cast long casting spells firstly) on the tank then cast 2x, or 3xLHW. In the end all your spells will have 1 sec cast time. This formula will help to keep Ancestral Awakening and Ancestral Healing buffs on MT all the time and you will get more MP5 from Improved Water Shield. After this, before Riptide HoT will expire, cast the CH on MT for addition 25% and to get the chance to proc Earthliving and T10x4 bonus on MT and nearby melee units. If some ranged take some burst dmg then refresh your Riptide on MT, get the T10x2 bonus buff and cast CH on that target. You will cast that CH in a 1-1.1 sec after Riptide GCD.

Without thses actions you will use only 50% of Resto Shaman power. With these principles you will use 90% of Resto power. If the talents and Glyphs will be fixed - 87-98%.

In the end
    Nice explanations about ValÔÇÖanyr and Trauma buffs. That was new for me. ItÔÇÖs good to know it before donating for that mace.
    And I didnÔÇÖt saw any macros here. The Tidal Force and NatureÔÇÖs Swiftness must be macroed!
    OMG! IÔÇÖm tired. Thanks for Reading and GL!

2. I'm impressed with your section of "The Resto Shaman Play Style"!!!... for the first time a resto shaman speaking (writing) coherently :)

That part is actually so difficult to explain or put in practice because is extremely situational, it really depend on "what's going on" during the encounter (is the tank going to be pwned soon? is a huge AoE incomming? is someone dying in the wrong spot? Whom should you save first? do you have to "sacrifice" someone to save another player?)

I've also found that it's good for any healer to learn how to "anticipate" incoming damage, and know exactly how those pesky mechanics works to properly use the benefit of each buff in a sequential order, something like executing a "combo" when your enemy made a mistake... u know like Killers Instinct or Mortal Kombat :D

3. EDIT: While I'm a it, there's something about Elemental Weapons... It does increase the SP bonus of Earthliving Weapon (an extra 45SP). Isn't it also supposed to increase the healing done by Earthliving itself by 30%? It says increases the bonus healing of your Earthliving Weapon by 30%... that 652 healing over 12sec seems not to be included, but I'm actually unsure - did someone test that and have a clear yes/no answer?
    no. its just 45 spell power. there are much better things to spend talent points on.

Funkymusic, hi!

In general, I have some skills with my 6.1kGS Resto Shaman and I can’t use this guide to improve my skills worthy for BiS level. It’s good for some AVG players, which using 50% of class performance only, to level for raiding in Normal raids, to get the Kingslayer and after this to delete their account and game. I don’t understand why your guide is so poor and plain like a lot of other Internet DPSclass guides: 1. Use this talent, 2. Use this weapon, 3. You have this spell. You didn’t know?, 4. Use this glyph …. And after all no one understand how it’s working all together!

… on Molten there are two types of players: complete new and Veterans, which are interested in some deep concepts while they leveling some ALTs.
    I think, you should add the second chapter for dedicated concepts, which should include the formatted quotes of this thread, because these advances are really good (by Bleu, PandaMania and Shadowirk). I don’t understand your Talent Tree decision and why “no Elemental Weapons?” always.

My vision of Resto Shaman Gameplay
    Restoration role, as any tanking in-raid role, has many variations to build the Set depending by play style and required functions (they are not DPS casters/melees).
    hi rex!

poor and plain? plain yes poor is a matter of opinion. as ive stated and as your pretty much stating here there are so many ways to play a resto shaman even the BiS gear lists you mentioned can be altered to create a hybrid of both sp, crit and haste to provide a necessary means to get the job done so thats why its so plain. you cant just say well this is the only way to play the class because shamans are such a diverse healer.

read above for elemental weapons. if you can really justify 3 talent points for 45 spell power then go for it. but i cant.

i will be adding and changing things in the guide and i already have in some cases to responses from you guys. in all honestly i hardly ever play my shaman but many people have been asking for a better guide instead of the ones you mentioned that are outdated or deleted.

why has no one else taken the time to actually write one is beyond me.

well id hope people can make NS macros but i suppose i can add one in here. just been super busy with work, college,stream, and my son to really come back here and add things to the guide.

4. ...
    That part is actually so difficult to explain or put in practice because is extremely situational, it really depend on "what's going on" during the encounter (is the tank going to be pwned soon? is a huge AoE incomming? is someone dying in the wrong spot? Whom should you save first? do you have to "sacrifice" someone to save another player?):D
    I didnt write that should be used like a DPS spell rotation or like many melees ability priority. Healing spells are situational. For most Wotlk encounters healer role is the hardest to play (no matter, you are dudu, sham, pala or priest), while tanking is the easiest role. But At LK, especially HC, all changes 180 degree  tanking is the hardest role ever, while healing is the easiest among. Being a tank at LK you must have all characters stats at Soft- and Hard-Cap levels, must know the boss ability cooldowns perfectly, must position the boss in right place at any moment, must plan your actions 20 sec forward, must play a lot in supporting style, must know where to MT or OT to be in range of a healer and e.t.c. One wrong step = wipe.

So, itÔÇÖs good to use Resto shamanÔÇÖs ÔÇ£play styleÔÇØ synchronized to a boss ability cooldowns, like tanks doing at LK. For example, at Rotface 25HC melees are divided in 3 groups (3-4 units) behind the boss, at left leg and right leg.
    If one unit takes Vile Gas debuff, from specified melee groups, you have 2 options:

1. The group is affected by Vile Gas only. Refresh Riptide on MT and cast 0.9-1.1sec Chain Heal on the unit with debuff. You will heal that unit and all nearby units, which also takes damage. In the best case you will proc Earthliving with T10x4 after that.

2. The group is affected by Vile Gas and Slime Spry and/or Radiating Ooze at the same time. Without fast reaction of healing that group will be instant dead. Only resto shaman can save them maybe. Just use the best AoE healing burst macro on the Vile Gas target: /castsequence Riptide, NatureÔÇÖs Swiftness, Tidal Force, Chain Heal, Chain Heal, Chain Heal. In other words the specified macro puts Riptide on your target, then makes your CH spell instant, then improves itÔÇÖs crit chance to 100% (you already have like 35-40% crit chance + 60% from Tidal Force), then your first CH will instant 100% crit with increased effect by 25% due to Riptide buff. Other 2 CH will have a cast time buimproved crit chance ob 40% and 20% respectively.

Another option:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Nature's Swiftness
    /stopcasting
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Tidal Force
    /cast [mod,target=mouseover,help,exists] [mod,help,exists] [mod,target=player] Chain Heal; [target=mouseover,help,exists] [help,exists] [target=player] Healing Wave
    Both options above using the general Resto shaman play style, but differently. At any boss you must react respectively. You must know what damage to expect: itÔÇÖs single target or AoE, itÔÇÖs on MT or random unit, itÔÇÖs physical or elemental, itÔÇÖs damage value, have any DoTs, can be dispelled and e.t.c.

poor and plain? plain yes poor is a matter of opinion. as ive stated and as your pretty much stating here there are so many ways to play a resto shaman even the BiS gear lists you mentioned can be altered to create a hybrid of both sp, crit and haste to provide a necessary means to get the job done so thats why its so plain. you cant just say well this is the only way to play the class because shamans are such a diverse healer.

read above for elemental weapons. if you can really justify 3 talent points for 45 spell power then go for it. but i cant.

i will be adding and changing things in the guide and i already have in some cases to responses from you guys. in all honestly i hardly ever play my shaman but many people have been asking for a better guide instead of the ones you mentioned that are outdated or deleted.
    Well, mate. IÔÇÖm busy also. I wrote 2 chapters of my guide during 6 months (2 paragraphs per month during weekend). I didnÔÇÖt order you to write something and somehow. ItÔÇÖs my suggestion to combine and format in a menu style to the guide all whatÔÇÖs written here. Just imagine if this guide will hold like 100 posts. To read all of them just to find something should be insane (because the posts are long enough). IÔÇÖm working on my Ele shaman guide anyway. Some ÔÇ£meta guideÔÇØ must be written by a player, which have at last 1 year of healing experience anyway.

I see 4 different sets to build a Resto Shaman, because they doing different buffs and improves those buffs respectively. We can mix those sets, but that will not be another new set, because we will not generate new kinds of buffs.

Due to bugged talented Shields I posted the AoE Healing Talent Tree. If the Shields will be fixed then Optimal AoE Healing Talent Tree should be used.

 no. its just 45 spell power read above for elemental weapons. if you can really justify 3 talent points for 45 spell power then go for it. but i cant.

I think the Elemental Weapons talent is good for AoE healing only (Set1 or Set2). For supporting healing or tank healing that talent is very weak.
    You are wrong, itÔÇÖs not just 45 Spell Power, but itÔÇÖs even weaker improvement to healing ÔÇô itÔÇÖs the bonus of healing. The 45 Spell Power = 45 bonus of healing when the Spell Power Coefficient of the healing spell is 100% (SPC%).

What the text means:

Result Spell = (Basic_Spell_Value + Improved_Spell + Character_SP*SPC%)*Bonus% (*)

1. Your spell gains an addition 10% of spell bonus healing/damage: going to Bonus% (improves all our spells).
    2. Increasing the healing done by 150 of each heal: going to Improved_Spell.
    3. Increases spell power of Lesser Healing Wave by 459: going to LHW Character_SP-> (Character_SP + 459)*SPC% (improves only one spell based on SPC%).
    4. Increases the critical strike healing/damage bonus by 20%: going to spell after it crits only -> the result of formula (*) will be: Crit Spell = Result Spell * (150%(by default) + 20%(bonus)) = Result Spell * 170%.

LetÔÇÖs say we have a healing spell with 100HP which is improved by SPC% to 150%, our character Spell Power is 100, no other talent improvements.
    Your concept says:
    Result Spell = 100 + (100 +45)*150% = 100 + 145*1.5 = 100 + 217.5 = 317.5 HP.
    My concept says:
    Result Spell = 100 + 45 + 100*150% = 145 + 150 = 295 HP.
    It mostly depends how the SPC% will vary from spell to spell.

5. Well, mate. IÔÇÖm busy also. I wrote 2 chapters of my guide during 6 months (2 paragraphs per month during weekend). I didnÔÇÖt order you to write something and somehow. ItÔÇÖs my suggestion to combine and format in a menu style to the guide all whatÔÇÖs written here. Just imagine if this guide will hold like 100 posts. To read all of them just to find something should be insane (because the posts are long enough). IÔÇÖm working on my Ele shaman guide anyway. Some ÔÇ£meta guideÔÇØ must be written by a player, which have at last 1 year of healing experience anyway.

I see 4 different sets to build a Resto Shaman, because they doing different buffs and improves those buffs respectively. We can mix those sets, but that will not be another new set, because we will not generate new kinds of buffs.

Due to bugged talented Shields I posted the AoE Healing Talent Tree. If the Shields will be fixed then Optimal AoE Healing Talent Tree should be used.

 no. its just 45 spell power read above for elemental weapons. if you can really justify 3 talent points for 45 spell power then go for it. but i cant.

I think the Elemental Weapons talent is good for AoE healing only (Set1 or Set2). For supporting healing or tank healing that talent is very weak.
    You are wrong, itÔÇÖs not just 45 Spell Power, but itÔÇÖs even weaker improvement to healing ÔÇô itÔÇÖs the bonus of healing. The 45 Spell Power = 45 bonus of healing when the Spell Power Coefficient of the healing spell is 100% (SPC%).

What the text means:

Result Spell = (Basic_Spell_Value + Improved_Spell + Character_SP*SPC%)*Bonus% (*)

1. Your spell gains an addition 10% of spell bonus healing/damage: going to Bonus% (improves all our spells).
    2. Increasing the healing done by 150 of each heal: going to Improved_Spell.
    3. Increases spell power of Lesser Healing Wave by 459: going to LHW Character_SP-> (Character_SP + 459)*SPC% (improves only one spell based on SPC%).
    4. Increases the critical strike healing/damage bonus by 20%: going to spell after it crits only -> the result of formula (*) will be: Crit Spell = Result Spell * (150%(by default) + 20%(bonus)) = Result Spell * 170%.

LetÔÇÖs say we have a healing spell with 100HP which is improved by SPC% to 150%, our character Spell Power is 100, no other talent improvements.
    Your concept says:
    Result Spell = 100 + (100 +45)*150% = 100 + 145*1.5 = 100 + 217.5 = 317.5 HP.
    My concept says:
    Result Spell = 100 + 45 + 100*150% = 145 + 150 = 295 HP.
    It mostly depends how the SPC% will vary from spell to spell.
    i said i plan on adding things in rex. just what exactly i plan to add is a bit of a debate. for one im not sold on your math with EW. im not even sure what your trying to show me here.

30% of increased healing to earthliving weapon.

earthliving weapon-imbue the shamans weapon with earthen life. increasing healing done by 150

its 45 spell power added onto whatever your current spell power is plain and simple. i dont see where your getting its the bonus of healing. even with full buffs on and when i take them off and remove the talent or have it on my spell power only changes by 45. ill have to post some static healing to prove my point but like i said im not too worried about logging on my shaman to do much at this time since i mainly resto druid and this guide was built around those who had asked for it constantly as well as the fact that no reste guide on molten is updated or even 10% correct.

i truly am lost at what your trying to say there. maybe bc i just got off work and my eyes are bleeding but i cant make heads or tails of what your saying and im pretty sure no one else can either. ill try to add in the spec lists u provided sometime next week.

why are both your AoE healing trees leaving out ancestral healing? and why would go healing grace?

healing grace is reduced threat from ur heals- pointless. better options are at ancestral healing or improved reincarnate. Having your ahnk up more often when your guild is progressing can literally save a raid......im sorry but i have to take issue with both those builds you put links to.

ancestral healing is godlike. how many times are we chaining off tanks when doing aoe healing? at least 50% if not more so we are hitting the full effect on chain heal rather than taking a risk of hitting a range who is not stacked up next to someone and thus basically wasting a chain heal. this talent is great to have rolling on your tanks and melee since they often take physical damage from adds or bosses.

sorry but i completely disagree with both your aoe builds that you linked. reduced threat from heals is about the most useless waste of talents points in the game. your never going to pull threat off a tank with your heals and if you somehow do you should find a new tank or new hunters who can MD but even then your dps classes will still out threat you.

6. Good guide man i appreciate your efforts.

7. Its good theme really (but everyone can take info from 5,10 or 100 guids in internet and make one... in case i can make theme for warlock but i never played warlock). So now for this theme - there have very true informations but very wrong). for suport tank healer as style you give me for bis weapon royal not valanyr wtf if you dont take valanyr for tank suport healing for what then ? second principle i have valanyr but i stop used before half year may be and i will tell you why. Let's see Valanyr when it proc give 15% absorb for your current healing so if you use healing wave in this time with normal crit in ICC it will be near 35k (with extermaly crit 44k+) so if you make some calculations on this it will be near 5,6k absorb (7,8k on extermaly crit) so for now is fine. so look now about chain heal - with normal crit it will be for first target around 25k for second around 17k for third around 10k for fourth (if you have glyph what is MUST!!! btw) near 8k and this is in situation only if all targets get crit from your chain heal so absorbs (1 - 4k, 2 - 2,3k , 3 -1k+ , 4- near 1k) so i wil lstop only wioth these spells because other are riptide what on crit make 9,10,11k and lesser healing wave make on crit 13,15k absorb for these spells will be 1,2k max and hots from riptide and chain heal and other talents what are 500-3k abosrb will be less 1k. So why i gave this case because royal will give you 300SP more from valanyr about its around 3k increase effect per heal on crit + more haste + more crit ofc if you make simple calculation you will see what is better. But how i said you never will understand resto shaman or other class if you dont start to play with it. This was about valanyr. Now about your shaman styles for playing you said they are 4. ok np for this but i will ask you you think to change for every raid gems or items or what ever its bull **** man. For shaman stats must be: Haste(1415 without any buffs if you want to be prepare for all situations)>SP(sp is your second bis stats for resto shaman on biss you must have 3700+ without earthliving without totems without buffs)>Crit (so about crit its very very important for resto shaman because you have talent what back you 400+ mana when you crit with riptide or healing wave this are the spells what you will and must use in 45-50% from time)>MP5S(this stats is not so important you must have 160,170 without totems or water shield = 3,4 items with mp5s from all set). About haste why you need exactly 1415 haste: so with manta food (40 haste + 40 stamna) it will be 1455 haste + totems + boomky aura => cast time on your chain heal will be exactly 1.60s but in molten haste aura from retri paladin and from boomky stacks so it will be exactly 1.55s. I think everyone shaman with better skill will be top with this cast time without other bonus haste buffs like BL,potion of speed or engi enchant of hands for 340 haste more. other shamans play with 1500 or 1600 or more haste ofc not bad but they will reduce SP with 200 or 300 or more and they will cry when other shaman with 100 SP more and 100 haste less will make more helaing ofc its true. About trinkets i said Abacus + GTS 1st because this 2 trinkets give you best bonus SP and second on every 45 sec abakus heal instant other raid member tell me one boss wich you dont need this effect? 2nd GTS tell me one boss from ICC + Halion (expel from this DB and Gunship Battle) when you dont need GTS all other booses make AOE damage in any phasec or in all battle. So you see now i can make theme for 5 mins without read and steal from other themes in uncle google only with my expirience as resto shaman in molten. And for finish Sorry for my so so bad english Im really tard englishman :D

8. Its good theme really (but everyone can take info from 5,10 or 100 guids in internet and make one...
    Hi Ile!

no they cant. first off good luck finding a guide for resto shaman in wrath retail or other Psevers thats actually made by someone who has half a brain and is still up and functioning.

on top of that things differ from here to retail. the spec and the stat priorities do change here on molten. you cant just dust off some other guide and apply it here to molten.

ok np for this but i will ask you you think to change for every raid gems or items or what ever its bull **** man.
    no its not. you really have to understand that if you want to do the best you can you just cant roll 1 spec and keep all your stats the same. For instance. Heroic Lich King the only time your going to be using chain heal is ledge phases and even then you might not be using it that much. thus you dont need 1400+ haste. your going to focus more on your LHW and HW hitting harder and thus going more SP. your trinkets also will change for fights like this as you usually want something like lunar dust or solace in one of those slots for mana regen as HLK is really hard on healers mana.

also picking up different pieces of loot that have more spell power and crit vs haste is a good idea so when you are in those non-AoE heavy spike hitting fights you are improving your heals even further by focusing on the main stat which would be spell power in those fights.

other shamans play with 1500 or 1600 or more haste
    some play with up to 2000 haste. the issue is that diminishing returns really starts to hurt at those levels thus making spell power the better choice.

About trinkets i said Abacus + GTS 1st because this 2 trinkets give you best bonus SP and second on every 45 sec abakus heal instant other raid member tell me one boss wich you dont need this effect? 2nd GTS tell me one boss from ICC + Halion (expel from this DB and Gunship Battle) when you dont need GTS all other booses make AOE damage in any phasec or in all battle.
    ok im going to try and be nice here but...you have no clue what your talking about. any good shsman will tell you that you are wrong. GTS (the proc) is trash on HLK, Halion, Gunship, DBS, Marrowgar, and VDW. why? well unless your using it to straight boost your spell power all those fights i listed are spike damage non AOE fights. If your on halion and your shaman it using it in P2 but he comes up for P3 then sure maybe i see the reason to use it. but if he stays down? no. unless again you using it for the spell power boost and another trinket to compensate for it as halion can be another mana draining issue fight.

Abacus is defiantly something we swap out usually first when swapping to haste trinkets or MP5 trinkets because it offers less SP than GTS. There will be fights when you need the extra mana provided by swapping trinkets to MP5 ones. All good shamans know this.

So you see now i can make theme for 5 mins without read and steal from other themes in uncle google only with my expirience as resto shaman in molten. And for finish Sorry for my so so bad english Im really tard englishman :D
    ok i have no problem with people offering opinions in this thread and i welcome it however...

but dont sit there and say i stole anything from google. Like i said before take some time out of your day and go google resto shaman guides for wrath and show me something remotely close to what i have written in this guide. You obviously took no time to do so before typing what you did. If anyone did that they would be a fool considering molten does not equal retail in terms of what works and whats broke.

all in all thanks for the post mate but your wrong on a lot of points. I would suggest you take some advice from some of the other shamans in this guide to really learn why we are saying what we are saying because most of what people have posted here is true.

9. Hi, Funky I really respected you always Aurora has been best guild in Ragnaros but i tolk about other. I dont know how is in Ragnaros now but i see you prefer to play with team healing i mean you all the time reliable on other healers in raid its good for any cases. But when your guild come and tell you " Team come and heal solo bane withouit priest in raid ( i mean disco or shadow) with solo tank or come and heal LK 25n solo for fun with 1 shadow priest in raid only with 2 tanks (because i have this both)" i say "No problem man im the man" for that i talking about. everyone can with 5 healers and 2 tanks but where is the skill ? If you dont train yourself who then ? Strange is all. Every time when i log 5468905908 shamans whispered me with questions: "hi team what gems i must use what enchants what haste blablabal what talents blabalbval what glyphs again blabala: i dk why but almost all resto shamans copied my talents my glyphs and blabalbal. Before 1 months i was in dalaran afk and i saw chat between 2 shamans: "i saw teamstars armory today he use glyph of healing wave no none used this for taht i will change too" wtf is this man almost all lordaeron copie my talents my glyphs and i dont talk about resto only i talk about enha and elemental but idc. With this all i want to tell you i dont need to find guids in ggogle how to paly because in no one guild you will see resto shaman with 1400+ haste. I mean you understand me what i want to say other is blbabalbalba and repeat. GL and HF in Aurora thats the point :)

10. everyone can with 5 healers and 2 tanks but where is the skill ?
    first off let me say that we have healed Heroic Buby Sanctum with 4 healers for months on end. Also we usually heal with 4 heals every Heroic ICC for some time now then swap to 5 on HLK. Hell there are many times when you guys have seen me 2 heal or solo heal bosses. ive solo healed plenty of things.

now to the issue have with your post.

so your saying to be "skilled" i have to heal with less players? How is that logical? if its so easy to 5 heal why is the whole sever not getting LOD or Deathwing Heroic?

just because you can does not mean you should. nor is it any indication of how good a player or bad a player is. If what you are getting at is the fact that it lowers my HPS then i say who cares about HPS?

HPS is for epeen showing off. i have plenty of screenshots and videos of those already. I dont need to prove myself on that front.

it does not matter how many healers you roll with because number 1. maybe only 1-2 of them are somewhat deccent the other 2 usually suck. 2. its easier on me and im just fine and dandy with that less yelling i have to do the better 3. it allows us more diversity and brings elements into the raid would would not have with 3 healing.

ive done all the challenges. done my HPS spam. done solo healed (although i still want to try and solo heal bane as resto druid). there is nothing more to prove at this juncture.

wtf is this man almost all lordaeron copie my talents my glyphs
    people see high GS and copy a spec. its just that simple.

idk how many resto druids i see running my spec and dont even have the gear to reach the haste cap required to run my spec.

its that they see someone with high GS high achieves and copy a spec even though that spec may not be best for them until they get better gear. People dont understand that stuff sadly. so just because they copy a spec does not always mean its right. For example we had 3-4 boomkins from lord app about 8-10 months ago and all of them had the wrong spec. Obviously they copied off someone who had no clue how to play his/her class but had high GS and high achieves.

With this all i want to tell you i dont need to find guids in ggogle how to paly because in no one guild you will see resto shaman with 1400+ haste.
    actually you see it a lot. ive run 1917 haste before mostly to test a few things out but others in many guilds run 1400+ haste. i think anything over that point is really pushing it no doubt. But that's whats great about a shaman so many ways to play it.

11. You are wrong, itÔÇÖs not just 45 Spell Power, but itÔÇÖs even weaker improvement to healing ÔÇô itÔÇÖs the bonus of healing. The 45 Spell Power = 45 bonus of healing when the Spell Power Coefficient of the healing spell is 100% (SPC%).
    No, Funky is moslty right. Indeed, for a CH, the bonus on the total healing will be near 300%*45*(Talents,crits,...) = 150*(Talents,crits,...). But keep in mind that the sell power coefficient is dictated by cast time, so that an extra 1 spell power increases DPS or HPS of every spell by almost the same amount (I didn't check that for all spells, but basic WoW mechanics let me think that. I checked it for Mind Blast and Mind Flay for shadow priests, which have very differents Spell power coefficients, but in the end the DPS they provide has next to the same coefficient with respect to spell power) - but indeed it improves CH healed amount by more than it does for HW and hence 45SP is slightly different, ... (I hope you got my point, because it's somewhat hard to explain in the sense that HPS is not exactly the aim of a healer, but rather, the aim of a healer is that the encounter is cleared with as many people alive as possible and as little stress on the other healers as possible)

I think, you should add the second chapter for dedicated concepts, which should include the formatted quotes of this thread, because these advances are really good
    This is an extremely good suggestion. It requires you to do a bit of a job, but it's plain copy-paste in quote, you just need to sort them by topics, plain quotes about the remarks on tank healing, plain quotes about AoE healing, plain quote about what is said with respect to haste vs. spell power, plain quotes about trinket usage in fights (what trinket for what kind of fight - not something like "LKhc>trink1+trink2, HalionShadow>trink2+trink3, ..." but rather like "AoE healing trinkets = list, Mana intensive trinkets = list, ... and why if the reason is not obvious"), one section about weapon usage (Legendary Mace, Trauma, LK25, ... good for some reason,r bad in some other circumstances) and so on.

Because yeah, the point of a guide is to be (in my opinion) like Rexarjr elemental guide or Raenel's comprehensive feral tanking guide, which are a compilation of resources, thoughts and experiments about a specific class and a specific role. Taking as example the guides I actually read carefully, Raenel's guide is awesomely good for player who wish to deeply understand and master feral bears. On the opposite, a guide telling people to do Riptide>CH>HW>CH>CH>Riptide>... using this specific spec won't make anyone better - those who wanted to have a deeper insight on restoration shamans won't get it, those who wanted to copy a spec and a rotation won't becomse any better because copying is not the way to improve oneself.

those who wanted to have a deeper insight on restoration shamans won't get it [with a do-this-then-that guide]
    One could say, well, if you are brained, just play and experiment yourself. Yes, this I do, but the discussion that I had in the thread helped me made my mind about haste vs. spell power within the AoE role with the right reason, which is not the haste-does-more-CH-reason (in my opinion), and Raenel's guide gave me a deeper insight of the stat priority of a tank, and now I know perfectly why Stamania is a way better stat that avoidance, and now I'll gear up my bear and I'll be able to make the right gear choices - not just copy-paste someone's talent, glyphs and way of doing things.

This is probably completely off-topic, but well, this is me expressing my will to deeply understand shamanism in the healer's point of view.

12. Its good theme really (but everyone can take info from 5,10 or 100 guids in internet and make one... in case i can make theme for warlock but i never played warlock). So now for this theme - there have very true informations but very wrong). for suport tank healer as style you give me for bis weapon royal not valanyr wtf if you dont take valanyr for tank suport healing for what then ?.... many laughs ... :D
    Intro
    Mate, you as some members above misunderstood what I published in that post. You doing the same confused decision about which I had written in that post - The main problem: many threads and guides holding some concept like talent, spell, Glyph and entire guide or play style is built around that concept. I rarely saw the situation when are described few concepts and explained how they are working all together.

Notice, that I never told to use Elemental Weapons always, because they are the best or never use ValÔÇÖanyr while MT healing, because that mace is the worst there. I just divided and noticed which buffs we have and which buffs we should improve during AoE healing or Tank healing or another one.
    Yes, formerly I was on Elemental Shaman for a long time, but my skills are much wider than you know about. I have a lot of experience being Resto shaman, Enhancement shaman, Protection Paladin, Retry Paladin, Subtley Rogue, Combat Rogue, Feral Druid , Restoration Druid, Destro Lock, Demonology Lock and some average skills on Shadow Priest, Blood/Frost DK because currently leveling them. Going to level up a Hunter, Mage and Warrior. All shamanÔÇÖs and paladinÔÇÖs gear Specializations leveled to BiS or under BiS level.

From this point I can say ÔÇô the difference between all those classes is so low and pathetic that you canÔÇÖt imagine even. True, each class has some unique abilities and buffs, but in general they are veeeery similar: ÔÇ£SO CALLED BLIZZARDÔÇÖS CLASS PVE&PVP BALANCEÔÇØ. Let me show you:
    1. The elemental shamans Talent Astral Shift is very similar to: Feral Druids Primal Tenacity or Combat Rogues Nerves of Steel 
    2. The elemental shamans Elemental Warding is very similar to: Holy Priests Spell Warding or Assassinations Rogues Deadened Nerves or Arcane Mages Prismatic Cloak or Frost Mages Frozen Core 
    3. The Restoration ShamanÔÇÖs Healing Grace is very similar to: Restoration DruidÔÇÖs Subtlety or Disco PriestÔÇÖs Silent Resolve, bur Holy Paladins havenÔÇÖt such talent. Why? Simple! They have Hand of Salvation spell! ThatÔÇÖs the BlizzardÔÇÖs cross classing ;)
    4. The Enhancement Shamans Ancestral Knowledge is very similar to: Holy Paladins Divine Intellect or Disco Priests Mental Strength
    5. The Restoration ShamanÔÇÖs NatureÔÇÖs Blessing is very similar to: Holy PriestÔÇÖs Spiritual Guidance or Holy PaladinÔÇÖs Holy Guidance or Resto DruidÔÇÖs Improved Tree of Life.

We can see such examples on mana regeneration, resistance to pushback, some instant bursts, improved healings, reduced casting time. IÔÇÖm calling those talents: ÔÇ£Major Specialization talentsÔÇØ. There are also ÔÇ£MinorÔÇØ talents (Like Glyphs) like Improved Reincarnation, Improved Ghost Wolf, Subtlety, which we can or canÔÇÖt improve, because overall class performance will not change or will change very low. Each class has also some ÔÇ£PrimalÔÇØ talents which ARE ABSOLUTELY DIFFERENT, like: Riptide, Beacon of Light, Disco shielding, Wild Growth, Guardian Spirit e.t.c.

We should try to improve through trinkets, Glyphs, gems, gear, enchants and talents only all our ÔÇ£PrimalÔÇØ talents and some of our ÔÇ£MajorÔÇØ talents which improves some of our class spells only.
    For example, being a Resto Druid we always improving Rejuvenation and Wild Growth through Glyphs, gems and talents and we always are interested in high haste levels. Why? Because resto druidÔÇÖs HoT are improved very low by SP through Spell Power Coefficients% (so called dudu healerÔÇÖs diminishing returns) as any other instant spell and with higher haste we have more GCD per min and our HoTÔÇÖs run faster. Being an AoE Restoration Shaman we should improve our stats similar to Restoration Druids, like Glyphed Chain Heal and Riptide e.t.c

About tank healing with ValÔÇÖanyr
    As I know, the ValÔÇÖanyr buff have 45sec internal cooldown. So that buff (35000 crit * 0.15 = 5250 HP or like 6-9k HP) can proc randomly and unpredictably. There is a great chance that you will trigger that buff on MT from LHW or Riptide, IDK from which spell we can trigger the Ancient Blessing also. In general, on MT the Ancient Blessing shield is effective as Corroed SkeletonÔÇÖs Key 6kHP bubble:). Let me say you next. The average boss in ICC 25 will hit your tank once per two swings (an ideal model) for 20k dmg. During 45 sec (cooldown) the boss will hit you for (45/1.5)*20000/2 = 300000 damage (I donÔÇÖt say nothing about deadly abilities as dragon breath and e.t.c). And I donÔÇÖt say nothing even how the Lich King Heroic hits in summary or while solo tanking Lord Marrowgar (taking 200% damage) or tanking Muradin with 10 stacked DoT on your tank while the MuradinÔÇÖs are buffed for 21 stacks (20k dmg from DoT per 3 sec and like 35-45k physical dmg per hitted swing)!

What are you talking about is how to gain some addition HPS. IÔÇÖm talking how to improve the healerÔÇÖs buffs to 98-99% to do the specified function as best as possible.

About switching gear and gems for different healing Sets
    Well, Funky told all above what I supposed to write here. You always can farm few addition items, gem and enchant ÔÇÿem once and just switch them when you need them, especially trinkets. Make macros for that or use the standard in-game manager for that. I can add the next thing, being a tank healer you can run with only two T10 items.

About trinkets
    Well, we can change them and we canÔÇÖt change them. Let me tell you at which bosses we can run without GTS: LM, LDW (+/-), Gunship, Saurfang, BPC (+/-; 50%/50% mostly depends by your guild skills; if they are skilled enough only few members will take enough damage). For example, at LM fight the only one case when you will spam that GTS is during Bone Storm. In that encounter the raid stay very spreaded and during Bone Storm people will spread even more. The GTS buff has 10 yrds range affection area. After Bone Storm units, which takes any damage will be healed by all healers. Maybe your GTS will heal for first 2 sec, but the next 4 sec he will just overheal and all.

Finally, about my AoE healing Set1
    Well, Funky posted that we should switch Elemental Weapons points to Ancestral Healing and 2 points from Healing Grace to Improved Reincarnation. Concluding what I write above IÔÇÖll say: ÔÇ£I never said that Elemental Weapons is so fu-king good talents and Ancestral is so bad, or Improved Reincarnation is just junksÔÇØ. I said those talents are better during AoE healing ONLY. WHY?

Let me say why

Do you remember? We healing in ICC 25 man raids. So our Resto Shaman role by default will be AoE healing, because we already have MT healer (HOLY PALADIN) and OT (HOLY PRIEST) ÔÇô the best tank healers without any doubts. Now many things are fixed by Molten even how the buffs stacks! The Ancestral Healing sux DURING AOE HEALING, because that buff tanks will get from Holy PriestÔÇÖs Inspiration. Due to BUGGED Improved Earth Shiled talent I prefer to drop the last two talent points into Healing Grace, because it reducing my threat from so powerful threat generator like Chain Heal spell is! It helps a lot when trashes appear (LDW, VDW, @LK from Ghouls and e.t.c). It helps while you doing weekly quests (REMAIN IN THE SPECIFIED TALEN TREE) or VoA/ToC with low skilled or geared tanks. IF THE IMPROVED EARTH SHIELD WILL BE FIXED I WILL RECOMMEND THAT TALENT. Just read what IÔÇÖm writing about pls.

Finally, Funky!
    Being at you point IÔÇÖd say: ÔÇ£If your GS is low (lower than tanks and DPS have), you havenÔÇÖt enough skills I recommend to improve Reincarnation. If your GS at or under BiS and higher than tank has, you skills are superior (practically never die before the tank), your in-raid AoE tanking is low (no Prot Paladins ;) then sue the AoE talent recommendation posted by Rexarjr :) ÔÇØ.

Want to say one more thing ÔÇô Elemental Weapons improves direct healing of each healing spell and Improves the Healing of Erathliving. Confirmed. But I donÔÇÖt know how to demonstrate and calculate it currently. When IÔÇÖll find the solution IÔÇÖll publish it.

13. Finally, Funky!
    Being at you point I’d say: “If your GS is low (lower than tanks and DPS have), you haven’t enough skills I recommend to improve Reincarnation. If your GS at or under BiS and higher than tank has, you skills are superior (practically never die before the tank), your in-raid AoE tanking is low (no Prot Paladins ;) then sue the AoE talent recommendation posted by Rexarjr :) ”.

Want to say one more thing – Elemental Weapons improves direct healing of each healing spell and Improves the Healing of Erathliving. Confirmed. But I don’t know how to demonstrate and calculate it currently. When I’ll find the solution I’ll publish it.

i never siad anything about GS. GS is a joke. i was asking why in your specs you linked you had threat reduction talents aka healing grace? those talents are absolutely not needed. your tanks should hold agro as well as your dps well ahead of you allowing you to get ancestrial healing which your specs did not have and i cant understand why not. im sorry but there is no reason to run any kind of threat reduction as a healer. literally none. Your talking about boosting your healing output in your recent post so how does threat reduction help? getting imp ahnk, imp ES, ancestrial healing, or hell even elemental weapons would be better to boost your healing and raid helpfulness vs threat reduction talents. spend those talent points elsewhere.

i cant stress this enough. its a waste of talent points. even IF inspiration and a holy priest are in the raid who is to say they are going to be busy throwing it on a tank 24/7? not to mention all hte other benefits it has. think of it like a backup for another healer. if a priest does not have inspiration on a target but you have ancestirial healing on them isent that worth dropping at least the 2 points from threat reduction to go get it and help your raid?

threat reduction is absolutely pointless for the 5000th time and ill say it till im blue in the face because it serves no purpose. you will never ever ever pull agro unless a tank is bad and i mean really bad bc your threat will be less than the dps. so there is no valid reason to keep using a pointless talent.

how exactly does it improve the healing of each spell other than providing an additional 45 spell power? sorry its just that 1. i dont really have time to get in depth with this like i did in my resto druid guide 2. i dont get where you guys are coming up with some of these numbers to show me definitive proff that what im saying is indeed wrong or that im misunderstanding the talent and would need to see some pictures or logs of healing showing the difference.

valynar is very predictable and can be timed correctly to coincide with many things that you may need it for such as infest on HLK and other various bosses.

you talk about improving a healers buffs and how 10m marrowgar requires more direct healing than other bosses and thats great. however in bold underlined red text at the start of this guide i say --THIS GUIDE IS FOR 25 NORMAL AND HEROIC MODE HEALING ONLY. if you you want to make a guide for 10m by all means be my guest. no one is focusing 10m solo. they do it for a bane run title and thats about it. 25m is where the action is.

however...

valynar is still situational. fights like marrow 25, Gunship, rotface (maybe) VDW all require direct good healing thus drop the mace for the mace off HLK 25 if you have it.

14. i never siad anything about GS. GS is a joke. i was asking why in your specs you linked you had threat reduction talents aka healing grace? those talents are absolutely not needed. your tanks should hold agro as well as your dps well ahead of you allowing you to get ancestrial healing which your specs did not have and i cant understand why not. im sorry but there is no reason to run any kind of threat reduction as a healer. literally none. Your talking about boosting your healing output in your recent post so how does threat reduction help? getting imp ahnk, imp ES, ancestrial healing, or hell even elemental weapons would be better to boost your healing and raid helpfulness vs threat reduction talents. spend those talent points elsewhere.
    IDK, dude what you don't understand what I'm talking about. But I even don't care now. I have no patience for this anymore.

You just mixing all my concetps all together, transforming them into a Picasso art the link... Too much arrogance...

Your Resto Shaman talent tree - is just a good example of PVP AoE healing (for 3v3, 5v5 arena) with some melee dmg reduction buff and reduced reincarnation timer. Ok, why not. But the Improved Reincarnation is the same weak talent as Healing Grace is. I never told that is s good one. We can't drop those two point into Elemental Weapons, because they are full already ONLY DURING AOE HEALING. I will REPEAT MYSELF ONE MORE AND LAST TIME - WE SHOUL DROP THEM INTO IMPROVED EARTH SHIELD, BECAUSE THAT TALENT HAVE THE BEST IN RETURN OF HPS COMPARE TO OTHER FREE TALENT SLOTS. BUT IMPROVED SHIELDS IS BUGGED CURRENTLY, so we should spread them between Imp Reincarnation, Healing Grace or Ancestral Healing.

I told why Ancestral Healing is bad IN THIS CASE ONLY DURING AOE HEALING, because is Priest's Inspiration. If your tank never losts aggro then, I believe, your Holy Priest will do even better. To run a ICC 25N or especially HEROIC raid without a good Holy Priest, Resto Druid and Holy Palading is just a joke for noobs. I can't imagine how you will heal the VDW without them. I believe tomorrow will appear some guy which will convince us that we are noobs that Blizzard's developers are noobs, because created so many useless talents and after that fixed them many times in patches, doing all wrong... he can solo heal Sindra HC, LK, VDW and e.t.c blahblahblah.

For example, on my Resto Druid I'm testing raids and RDF with only 2 points into Subtlety. And I'm having threat problems during over HoTing a tank or spamming Wild Growth during AoE tanking is going on. In RS each mini boss replic running towards me and no matter that I'm try to minimise overhealing as much as possible. Also can redirect to me some trashes during clearing and sometimes can hold one-two Ghouls at LK. IT"S JUST ANNOYING, NO MORE, NO LESS. The OT healer at LK have the problems with aggro also. He can redirect that shambling to raid and no matter how the MT is good. YOU SEE, THE PROBLEM IS NEXT: THE TANK IS OVERHEALED DUE TO ENCOUNTER MECHANICS AND WHEN THE SHAMBLING SPAWNS THE TANK HAVEN'T ANY STACKED AGGRO ON HIM. IT CAN MAKE PROBLEMS. IT CAN MAKE BIG PROBLEMS IF THE TANK DMG ABILITIES ARE ON COOLDOWNS, BECAUSE ONLY ONE TAUNT CAN'T BE ENOUGHT IF YOUR HEALER IS IN BIS GEAR. I had the same problems on my Resto Shaman, mostly during AoE healing, especially when they crits frequently.

In general, I found the threat reduction valuable enough to do AoE healing in any kind of IMBA raids to RS, ICC, ToC, VoA, RDF. It helps to save a lot of nerves. NO MORE, NO LESS. But if you have a prepared and balanced guild raid then the threat isnÔÇÖt problem - improve ONLY IMPROVED EARTH SHIELD with those last 2 Talent Points.

Those old times when raid was able to defeat the LK 25 HC in 5-7 mins are gone. Those times when tanks had staked threat through bugged and exploited stacked Retribution Aura are gone.
    After the Molten will fix Ulduar, Dragoun Soul and will script MoP maybe they will fix a lot of bugs into tanking and healing area talents, because they running different currently.

If we will not improve some of our class special talents as much as possible, due to situation, we just will turn all our talents into BUFFET BREAKFAST: a bit of Ancestral Healing, taste it, add an olive there pls, a bit of Reincarnation, some AoE healing, taste it, some low improved Healing Wave, overhealed? Why? Because Holy Priest or Holy Paladin healed it before you, he is focused on tank, hmm, ok then, taste some Riptide, like it? taste some Chain Healing, overhealed? But HoTs, sorry HoTs are low and bad improved, dudu will do it for you, ok then Ill put Valanyr bubble on OT and Ill save him from double Shamblings Shockwave, not enough, ok Ill put that bubble on LK tank and Ill save him from Soul Reaper while the LK has 20 stacks of Plague Siphon. It can be continued and continued.

Anyway, GL, but itÔÇÖs enough for me.

First 12345 Last