1. Actually when i did start wotlk again... idk March 2015 i think it has been fully scripted. Do simple test on some mob.
    With 4150 SP:
    1. Earth Shield - 3.1k non crit and 5k crit
    2. Improved Earth Shield - 3.5k non crit and 5.7k crit
    3. Improved Earth Shield + Glyph of Earth Shield - 4.1k non crit and 6.5k crit.

All 3 situations was tested for 100 ticks each and the diference was in range to max 100 healing done, because as you know for so so close values it's more depends what coefficient of SP the game will give you for every tick.
    10% from 3k for Improved Earth Shield is not so much, just 300. You will see the diference better in ICC with additional increase buff for healing. But it works.
    I did a test in ICC with Improved Earth Shield + Glyph of Earth Shield with SP about 5k+ and my earth shield reach the amazing crit from 9.8k on prot paladin. (Unfortunately i haven't pic to show you).

PS: I play on Deathwing.
    well its never been the actual heal that has been broke. its been the timer/smart for the heal.

the timer/smart heal attribute does not work like it should still.

Earth Shield
    15% of base mana
    40 yd range
    Instant
    Protects the target with an earthen shield, reducing casting or channeling time lost when damaged by 30% and causing attacks to heal the shielded target for X This effect can only occur once every few seconds. 6 charges. Lasts 10 min. Earth Shield can only be placed on one target at a time and only one Elemental Shield can be active on a target at a time.

this means that the heal should proc right after a hit and thus do healing after that hit is received. unfortunately the heal is procing before the hit. causing a ton of over healing. the only time it works is if the tank is already below 100% HP and gets hit. it then triggers correctly. The only other reason why it would overheal after a hit was taken would be if in that same instant another heal would hit them which is highly unlikely and i think (do not quote me on this) earth shield has priority or rather should have priority over any other heal that would be cast upon that target save things like lifebloom which essentially is the same thing as earth shield as far as its smart heal.

i tested this the other day after your post in an RDF and it is still not working correctly. the first time the tank takes a 3k hit my earth shield overhealed and did no healing at all. the next hit it procd correctly and healed him. of course i did not cast any other healing spell or totem to influence this at all. just earth shield on him.

2. Scaling is fine. The problem is that it (same as priests PoM) heals before dmg is taken (@ragnaros - should be same at deathwing), not after as it is supposed to (and displays in combat log) -> its just useless overheal 99.5% of the time.

The way to test this is to cast "earth shield" on full hp person, then let him take 1 hit for less than ES is supposed to heal -> dropped health bar -> not working as intended.
    The talents Improved Earth Shield and Improved Shields are fixed since summer 2015 collision fixes. Also, the Glyph of Earth Shield is working well.

You are right about "The problem is that it (same as priests PoM) heals before dmg is taken (@ragnaros - should be same at deathwing), not after as it is supposed to (and displays in combat log) -> its just useless overheal 99.5% of the time.". So, I'm disapointed in this core Resto shaman talent. It's completely useless. Only during LK or Halion encounters, while the tank can't be healed fast enought, the Earth Shield heals something. Currently only Chain Healing, Healing Wave and clever Ancestral Awakening doing some good healing.

I just hope the Warmane will perform some serious fixes not only in spell/talents area but in diff encounters this year, as promised.

But for PVP ES working very nice currently.
    Edited: January 23, 2016

3. WTF! Is Glyph of Earthliving broken now !? Even glyphed, it does display me still 20% chance for proc. As I remember before with glyph it did display 25% O_o Anyone knows something about it?
    Edited: January 25, 2016

4. Others have posted that there is a GCD cap for haste. This again is not true. There is a haste cap for lesser healing wave only which is 1269 haste rating. There is no GCD cap for chain heal or rather it is impossible to hit.
    Actually if i must be honest everywhere in all guides about resto shama ppl write GCD is 1269 (Lesser Healing Wave) but actually it's 1265 :D
    With 1269 and raid buffed the cast time of LHW is 0.999s with 1265 is exactly 1.000s :D Just funny imformation by me :D

5. Actually if i must be honest everywhere in all guides about resto shama ppl write GCD is 1269 (Lesser Healing Wave) but actually it's 1265 :D
    With 1269 and raid buffed the cast time of LHW is 0.999s with 1265 is exactly 1.000s :D Just funny imformation by me :D
    BLizzard is famous about its LCS (see: http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Lying_Character_Screen) :D
    Actually the GCD cap is in fact 1269 which means any additional haste above this won't reduce GCD any more. Getting more haste WILL reduce the cast time of your spells, but from healing output perspective this will only effect HW and CH. Obviously if you take your reaction time into account reaching about 1200-1250 haste should be enough. After this point gaining more spellpower will generally improve your healing output more efficiently than stacking more haste (above the soft cap).

p.s.
    The sentence qouted from Funkymusic is not true :)
    I think he/she meant that "Reaching the haste cap for chain heal is not possible" (hard cap is ~2785 haste rating...good luck with that ;) )

6. p.s.
    The sentence qouted from Funkymusic is not true :)
    I think he/she meant that "Reaching the haste cap for chain heal is not possible" (hard cap is ~2785 haste rating...good luck with that ;) )
    yes i was talking about saying that their is a cap for chain heal. Like you said....good luck hitting that cap. There is only one haste cap and that is for LHW the other caps are just too insane or impossible to hit.

i am totally up for debate on haste but like me and narwein both tried and tested different haste caps and spell power combinations about every 100 to 50 haste to see the real difference. he swore that 1370ish was better for him i personally liked more. but we both agreed that through testing our healing was best from 1300-1450 haste rating. This is based upon chain heal being the bread and butter that it is.

For non AoE fights i roll a much lower haste spec and much higher spell power spec, change glyphs, and gear. i still keep LHW at a cap but i am not so worried about chain heal hitting more often as i an helping out my paladin or playing the roll of a paladin in fights like RS where i am healing shadow realm.

like i said at the start of this guide. there really are a lot of ways to play this class it is very flexible but there are certain guidelines you should stick to in order to ensure you are doing your best.

7. Something about haste raitng. And i don't talk only for shaman. Every 10 point of haste reduce (i talk for casts over 1.3-1.4s cast itme) 0,003-0,004s. You understand its only 3/1000 s or 4/1000 s. That way... every 35 point of haste reduce with 0.01s or 1/100s. The human's eye blinks for more. That way ... every 100 point of haste reduce with 0.03s or 3/100s. Count how much CHs 1st shaman with 1400 haste for example need to do to win one more than 2nd shaman with 1300 haste.

1400 haste = 1.619s cast time on CH with air totem + boomy or retry pala aura or 1.570s if both auras stack.
    1300 haste = 1.653s cast time on CH with air totem + boomy or retry pala aura or 1.603s if both auras stack.

The difference 1.653 - 1.619 = 0.034s. or almost 3 and a half hundredth from the a second.

1.653 / 0.034 = ~48.6 casts. On every 100 CHs it's 2.1 more. (I talk about situiation where both shamans are in continuous healing time with 100% uptime healing and 0 latency what for real is imposable for every encounter).

Here i prove you this: 1% spell haste at level 80 = 32.79.
    For 100 haste raiting = 100 / 32.79 = 3.04 or ~3% haste.

In most raids (10 and 25), you will have a total of 8.15% this is before gearing and item procs. 5% from Wrath of Air Totem and 3% from either Improved Moonkin Form or Swift Retribution. Now you might be asking how 5%+3% = 8.15%. Haste is a multiplicative effect, which means each factor that does stack compounds the total rather than simply add to it. An increase in an ability by X% is equal to multiplying the current modifier (which begins at 1.0) by (1 + X%/100); for example, a haste increase of 30% would be a multiplier of 1.30. 1% Spell Haste = 32.79 Haste Rating at Level 80. 1% haste means you will cast 1 additional spell in the time it would normally take to cast 100 spells. You do NOT cast 1% faster

Because this there are the difference 2.1 or 3 casts more for every 100 casts with 3% difference in ahste raiting.

Funky you said: "i am totally up for debate on haste but like me and narwein both tried and tested different haste caps and spell power combinations about every 100 to 50 haste to see the real difference"

Man you can't do real test to see what's better. Because 2 different raids you can't see the difference with your haste on base some recount. It's same to say en every boss on every raid i do same HPS on this boss or this raid. The raid don't eat constant damage on every raid you know. It's most depends from other healer in raid too. Haste raiting is really personal for everyone. You need to reach such haste raiting where you feel yourself most comfortable, doesn't matter for your recount. Just with this Reply i show you actually what's haste raiting with real values.

PS: Personally from my gear and gems i count 1305 haste + Manta Steack = 1345. My CHs is 1.639s (1.591s for both auras).
    Edited: January 28, 2016

8. I would never use recount or Skada to run tests on. Every time we ran those tests we used the same healing set up and used world of logs to track everything. I'll get to your math later on BC you are forgetting a few things but I'm busy atm.

9. May 1, 2020  
    I think glyph of riptide is underestimated, specially on Icecrown citadel. Most of the times its only the tank taking damage while an mechanic does raid damage. Pre-placing riptides around the raid and consume them with a chain heal to amplify the chain heal. You can have 3 riptides active instead of 2 with the glyph.

earthliving glyph is dank, useless hot. shaman is not a hotter. you are an upper.

Edit: Water mastery is the most useless glyph ever-made. period. its 1 mayor glyph making 30MP5. U S E L E S S

I would suggest using Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond. As you mostally assist holy paladin with lesser heals using lesser healing glyph. giving that tank heal some xtra poof, and give ancestral healing talent a stronger proc aswell. The insightfull earthsiege diamond you suggest on your guide isn't clear, it doesn't tell how much mana it gives. Besides you have ''improved water shield'' talent what should return your mana by doing a crit. Your lesser healing wave crit chance increases by 25% if u got tidal waves active. My shaman has 51% crit inside ICC. + tidal waves. 75% chance upon a 60% chance to get mana back. Coming back to the riptide glyph, improved water shield gives 100% chance to return mana to crit with riptide. spammin it around hopin for a crit and consume it later could save you mana in the end.
    + you dont have to use a blue gem in ur gear :D. MP5 sucks on end-wotlk shaman because of the improved water shield talent if you ask me. solace is cool, as thats the only trinket continuously giving you mana. All mana regen trinkets give u a temporarily MP5 boost anyway.

Hope that made sense.
    Edited: May 1, 2020

10. May 1, 2020  
    I think glyph of riptide is underestimated, specially on Icecrown citadel. Most of the times its only the tank taking damage while an mechanic does raid damage. Pre-placing riptides around the raid and consume them with a chain heal to amplify the chain heal. You can have 3 riptides active instead of 2 with the glyph.
    Wrong. It's not about how many active Riptides you have at time. The glyph doesn't reduce the cooldown of Riptide it's just increase the duration of the hot. The main point of casting Riptide it's not the hot itself cause its mostly useless. Using Glyph of Riptide while not let the full duration to expire make the glyph useless. There are really very very few bosses where you can benefit by full duration of Riptide and the very first of them who comes in my mind is DBS with Mark of the Champion and still depends on the situation if 2,3 marks are close enough each other you gonna prefer to consume Riptides on them to optimize the healing especially when DBS has a lot of rage and the damage starts really to tick. Although the general rule says "use Riptide on cooldown", it's not always the case especially in situation of massive AOE spike damage where you gonna prefer use Chain Heal before Riptide. Anyway your simple logic by this comment is "spread 3 Riptides around the raid and then consume them with Chain Heal" which is not correct and it's almost never the case or if I misunderstood you then you just contradict yourself. The case always depends on situation but by doing your job properly you mostly never gonna let full duration of Riptide before to consume it by some reason. Even on fights like Lich King where you gonna see yourself as a tank support healer you gonna replace and override Riptide on MT before to expire just to use the initial healing by it especially in the moments while you have to move as a only instant heal... and again it makes the glyph useless.

earthliving glyph is dank, useless hot. shaman is not a hotter. you are an upper.
    Again wrong. Glyph of Chain Heal and Earthliving gives you the most EHPS on AOE fights such a PP, BQL or Sindra together with ES glyph for tank support healing. Since these fights require intensive Chain Heal spamm the chance for your Earthliving to proc is bigger and also thanks to 4pT10 (Chained Heal) you can do very good hot healing. According to my logs on these fights your hots are equal to 15%+ from total healing done. With low group can reach close to 20%.

I would suggest using Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond. As you mostally assist holy paladin with lesser heals using lesser healing glyph. giving that tank heal some xtra poof, and give ancestral healing talent a stronger proc aswell. The insightfull earthsiege diamond you suggest on your guide isn't clear, it doesn't tell how much mana it gives. Besides you have ''improved water shield'' talent what should return your mana by doing a crit. Your lesser healing wave crit chance increases by 25% if u got tidal waves active.
    Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond is indeed good meta for fast bosses where you can allow yourself to go on max throughput setup using 2 hps trinkets + crit/haste gear. Anyway according to maths by theorycrafters the overheal by this meta is huge (around 75%) depends on the boss. You gonna see more benefit by this gem for Chain Heal (Chained Heal) and Riptide rather than Lesser Healing Wave and close to 100% overheal for Healing Wave cause Chain Heal drops efficently with each jump by 40% and if you crit the first target it will start to multiple dip for the next targets and double-dip if you crit them => Your 4pT10 (Chained Heal) will benefit more.
    Insightfull Earthsiege Diamond is by far the best for long fights like Lich King or mana intensive like Halion. The gem itself gives 600 mana on around 15 sec cooldown with chance for proc. According to my last LODs this gem is worh around 11k to 12k mana return which is close to 1.5x Innervate by druid.
    However for 0% LOD Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond can be really good in combination with double Solace.

Hope that made sense.
    Most of your theory and understanding - NOT at all!
    Edited: May 1, 2020

11. May 2, 2020  
    The bottlenecks here are that Riptide isn't something you're necessarily using on CD anyway, and also that there's no guarantee the targets with your Riptide on them will later be the targets that it's going to be most favorable to cast Chain heal on.

Most of the hardest 3.3.5 encounters stress tank damage in particular. Earth Shield and Lesser Healing Wave glyphs bringing such dramatic improvements to your tank-healing capabilities usually means these are the most natural options, unless a very compelling case can be made for something else.

First ... 345