1. i have a question about "focused rage" talent.
    This talent exactly decrease the rage cost of which abilities or spells?
    Cause i see a lot of warrs that didnt have this talent.
    Of almost all abilities (without intervene and other abilities, that do not do dmg).

I don`t use it, since I have always enough rage from damage taken to use any ability I want even without it while maintanking (I do use some dps gear in icc norm and a lot of dps gear in 5mans since my full tank gear is overkill for those). And while offtanking... I don`t see any need to have more rage either - OTs job is to soak cleave/mirrored damage and eventually taunt.

If you find yourself lacking rage it is probably the best option you can get. But I would recommend you to try to roll without it to find out if you rly need it.

2. another changelog has been came and still we cant see any fixing in warriors ability!!
    When can we get a fix like block value or threat lvl?

3. I'm miraculously able to hold threat as a 2.9k gs Warrior against a 6.2k gs Retribution Paladin with a taunt every once in a while. Before I used this spec, I would get totally ignored by every mob that was pulled.
    If you're talking about single-target, then Taunt is the reason for your miracle. If you're talking about trash pulls, then the Retadin is miraculously bad.

i have a question about "focused rage" talent.
    This talent exactly decrease the rage cost of which abilities or spells?
    Cause i see a lot of warrs that didnt have this talent.
    From Wowwiki:
    Some abilities are NOT affected by this talent:

[Battle Shout]
    [Commanding Shout]
    [Enraged Regeneration]
    [Intervene]
    [Spell Reflection]

Focused Rage affects pretty much all other Warrior abilities; however, Rage generation is only a problem for you if you're doing Heroics overgeared, which doesn't really matter at all. One raid-boss attack and you're sitting on 100 Rage, so you'll never ever have Rage problems vs bosses in order to need this talent. This is why no one takes it. Rage generation was normalized on Cata, but this talent was also removed, so yeah...

Anyway, the talent is pretty decent for leveling as Prot, as Rage can be very scarce during this time and this talent basically increases the value-per-rage of almost all your abilities, especially of Revenge.

4. @jendah

Warriors agro can't be taken by any other class then hunters. Hunters can bypass this by doing md at start and feign death after he has used all his cd's.

Some tips you can add to your guide:

1. Having trouble with creating agro at start? No problem, read this post :P
    I started raiding os,toc,ony when I had 4k gs and I didn't lose agro to any paladin or mage who were +6,5k gs. Here's what I do...

Before getting into combat: Bloodrage -> Berserker rage(Every dmg you take returns you rage) -> Potion of Speed(More rage and more tps. Not sure if it decreases the global cd's).

Getting into combat: Retallion -> /shoot -> Heroic throw ->Charge->Shield block(for 100% Revenge).

In combat: Shield slam (Keep this button under the key you can easily spam. I got heroic strike under 1 and shield slam under 2 and spam those keys as hard as I can till the fight ends)-> Revenge -> Devastate.
    Use heroic strike only when you're with +40 rage.

2. Warrior is crappy for aoe agro? No, that's a myth.

You don't need any special talent tree or talents be taken just for getting some aoe treath.

When it comes tanking trash the main people who will get agro are feral druids and paladins.
    Almost always ferals are the ones who gets it. Put a vigilance on the druid or the paladin.
    So what next?
    Every hit the target with vigilance gets resets your taunt. That means you can do endless taunts and can taunt all the targets who are not attacking you. There's only one thing you must keep in mind. If there's like 3 paladins and 2 ferals then there won't be only 1 guy taking all the treath so let your vigilance guy be attacked atleast by 1 mob if you don't feel yourself safe.

3. Get gear with resistance.

I solotanked with 5,5k gs sindi on 10hc and we all were with 25n gear there.

I basicly took no damage at all with frost gear. There's 2 things you need to check out before you equip frost gear. You need to be hit caped and def caped while you wear frost gear armors.

Frost gear is not expensive. I got mine for 10k (chest,wasit and ring)at deathwing. Also if you wanna tank solo tank sindi on 25hc then you should get the ony25 ring and ony25 helm with ench from sons of hodir.

4. Tanking in ICC. (I need 4 seconds for agro. If you see someone asking for this then you need to find a new tank.)

**Marrow: (MT)This is the boss you don't charge becuase it takes too much time to move it to the right place and makes huge dps loss. Just ask for md and tott from the start and you'll do fine. (OT) Stand at the same spot as mt and follow him where he goes.

**Lady: (MT) If 25m then get the adds. You need to change taunts with ot to get more agro. (OT) Check the stairs for the add.

**Gunship: (MT) Enemy ship. Tank muradin until you get 400k treath(You don't need to touch muradin again after that) then start kiting. (OT) Keep vigilance on the guy who makes the most agro.

**Deathbringer: Keep vigialance on the other tank or on a badass paladin who knows when the adds will come. It's a must.(You can taunt adds off from your raidmembers when you're not tanking boss at that moment).

**Festergut: Same as marrow. Just keep your eye on the plague stacks. If one of the tanks have 8 stacks then the other one must taunt.

**Rotface: (MT) Keep vigilance on ot. (OT) Keep vigilance on mt so you can taunt those big oozes and stay away from the other people no matter what happens(/range 8).

**PP: (MT) Keep it near the table facing it to the raid. When orange stuff appears on the ground backpedal 10 yards as fast a possible and tank it there untill orange stuff appear on the ground and back to table. Keep your defensives for the last phase and when you're with 3 stacks. On 4th stack pop ur last stand. (OT) Must be fast with taunting at last phase and keep on eye on the ground for green and orange stuff on the ground.

**BPC: (MT) Cleave + Revenge + Shockwave + Devastake on main target. A little tps loss but you get both of the under control. This is the place where you ask hunters to md and rogues to tott you. (OT) Awesome with ony25 ring and elixir of resistance. Use gun and heroic strike for taunting the nuclears. Taunt itself doesn't work on nuclears because it makes 0 dmg.

**BQL: (MT) I suggest you to use potion of haste right before the start and give your best on tps cuz you don't wanna get the bite. Place where you can get killed - airphase. Keep your defensives and healing abilities(hp pot for 1st phase and healthstone for 2nd if you have warlock) for airphase.

**VDW: Kite and tank use ur fear when there's some abom wondering around.

**Sindi: Easiest boss for tanking because dps gets stacks and when blistering cold comes you're the only one who's attacking the boss. So no worries in holding agro at all. At the last phase when you're with +10 stacks then start poping ur defensives right before the blistering cold.

**LK: Best tank for the shamblings? It has shockwave if shamblings start to cast shockwave. Single target stun, revenge with 50% chance of 3 sec stun. Shout for ap decrease. if your tauren then you have stomp for stunning. Vigilance on ret paladin or boomkin so you can taunt some ghouls or all of them if you want to ^^. DBM is a must. Soul reaper can oneshot you. So keep yourself ready to pop 1 major defensive on every sr.

One thing I haven't tried yet is if disarm works on shamblings? Can anyone test it?

Will add something more if anything helpful comes in my mind. Cheers!

Added: http://wotlk.openwow.com/?spell=3411 Never use intervene in icc when you are tank. It resets your agro to 0.

5. Warriors agro can't be taken by any other class then hunters. Hunters can bypass this by doing md at start and feign death after he has used all his cd's.
    Huters are not a problem on ragnaros, mages are. It kind of always depends on the raid composition and skill level of ppl there. Use your threat meter is the best thing I can recommend.

Before getting into combat: Bloodrage -> Berserker rage(Every dmg you take returns you rage) -> Potion of Speed(More rage and more tps. Not sure if it decreases the global cd's).

Getting into combat: Retallion -> /shoot -> Heroic throw ->Charge->Shield block(for 100% Revenge).
    Already mentioned this in my guide.
    I did intentionally skip shoot, since its cutting another 2 seconds of 12s retaliation buff. + Its damage (and threat) is very low.

In combat: Shield slam (Keep this button under the key you can easily spam. I got heroic strike under 1 and shield slam under 2 and spam those keys as hard as I can till the fight ends)-> Revenge -> Devastate.
    Use heroic strike only when you're with +40 rage.
    I expect ppl to be able to think a bit. If I mention that SS does best threat/gcd I expect them to prioritize it.

2. Warrior is crappy for aoe agro? No, that's a myth.

You don't need any special talent tree or talents be taken just for getting some aoe threat.
    Default talents are by coincidence best for both single target and aoe threat.

I intended to mention other possibilities as well (cleave is better in low gear). Every tank has to know the best what he needs. I intended to give them some advice what they can try if they need more threat. The difference is that on retail war would be able to spec differently (into improved shouts f.e.) and still be good with threat.

When it comes tanking trash the main people who will get agro are feral druids and paladins.
    Almost always ferals are the ones who gets it. Put a vigilance on the druid or the paladin.
    So what next?
    Every hit the target with vigilance gets resets your taunt. That means you can do endless taunts and can taunt all the targets who are not attacking you. There's only one thing you must keep in mind. If there's like 3 paladins and 2 ferals then there won't be only 1 guy taking all the treath so let your vigilance guy be attacked atleast by 1 mob if you don't feel yourself safe.
    Vigilance is also explained in my guide.

Main ppl who are going to overaggro are those who are best geared and have most raid buffs. In my experience those are mages and boomkins (but this may be because of realm differencies - we do not have many ferals on ragnaros f.e.). And mages are the fragile ones - they need most protection. Sometimes, when there is multiple ppl getting 1 mob each it is best to vigi other tank (if that is paladin) and use his ability to get mobs to your adventage (taunt resets). - there is too many variables - every war tank has to learn this from experience.

3. Get gear with resistance.
    Resistance is explained in my guide, I am leaving the decision if it is worth getting up to readers.

4. Tanking in ICC.
    Not mentioning fight specifics is intentional. Since there are some things we do differently on Ragnaros than you do on Deathwing (f.e. we do not kite gunship boss)

revenge with 50% chance of 3 sec stun.
    Revenge does not have a chance to stun target anymore from 3.3.3 on.

Never use intervene in icc when you are tank. It resets your agro to 0.
    No, intervene does not reset your aggro.

Next time you try to comment on anything make sure you at least read it and double check your information.

6. i am using this spec for single threat atm any ideas?
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#LAb0...Vctrx0didcksGo
    There is nothing unussual or wrong with your build. Shifting point(s) from "Cruelty" into "Deep Wounds" should provide minor threat increase if you feel like you could use more.

7. I got a better guide: don't play prot war.
    This kind of comment just shows how many sheep are on Molten; you've heard it sucks from other sheep, now a new sheep is trying to make more new sheep by repeating what they heard instead of learning for themselves. I think you've been poly'd a few too many times.

Prot Wars actually have very good tanking capability, with very good defensive capabilites, think cross between a Druid and a Protection Paladin. The only thing that is bugged about Protection Warriors are a few abilities do not have the correct threat coefficient making threat generation lower than it should be. It is still good enough to tank and hold aggro easily especially with Glyph of Vigilance and good players that use their threat reducing/transferring abilities.

These bugged abilites can be found in the BUG TRACKER.

8. Warrior aggro is completely fine, I myself have never lost aggro to anyone at all, be it with MD or not. I am a 6.3k warrior tank and I haven't had these issues even with lower gearscore, using your spells properly and using a 2.6 wep is all you need to hold aggro. On the survivability side, all you have to do is use your defensive cooldowns properly, and you can always ask for hand of sacrifice/pain suppresion when you are out of Defensive cooldowns :P.

9. Question. Tanking ICC and TOC, which 2 trinkets should I take? Glyph of Indomitability, The black heart, Fervor of the frostborn or Ick's Rotting thumb? Or is there a trinket which is easy to get which I should use? I was thinking The black heart and indomitability.
    Edited: June 15, 2015

10. Question. Tanking ICC and TOC, which 2 trinkets should I take? Glyph of Indomitability, The black heart, Fervor of the frostborn or Ick's Rotting thumb? Or is there a trinket which is easy to get which I should use? I was thinking The black heart and indomitability.
    I would choose that two (heart + glyph) as well.

11. Hello, friend!

Don't forget to add Heavy Borean Armor Kit to gloves (my favorite since I don't pick Engi on tanks) and +18 Sta to Shield (TBC enchant).

Also, this is the build which I use for gearing up in dungeons. I put the last 2 TPs into Imp Spell Reflection, but there are many options, really. Glyph of Cleave is also very nice for this spec.

Now to my question, you mentioned it was possible to reach unhittable in WotLK and I am interested in it for the sake of soloing vanilla content (Lifeward does wonders with Thunder Clap). Could you provide more info regarding this?
    Edited: June 16, 2015

12. Hello, friend!

Don't forget to add Heavy Borean Armor Kit to gloves (my favorite since I don't pick Engi on tanks) and +18 Sta to Shield (TBC enchant).

Also, this is the build which I use for gearing up in dungeons. I put the last 2 TPs into Imp Spell Reflection, but there are many options, really. Glyph of Cleave is also very nice for this spec.

Now to my question, you mentioned it was possible to reach unhittable in WotLK and I am interested in it for the sake of soloing vanilla content (Lifeward does wonders with Thunder Clap). Could you provide more info regarding this?
    Thanks for suggestions, I will look into it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I lost that set with moltdown :-(. I dont remember everything, but here you are:

rs 25hc feet
    ICC 25 hc items without armor. (def + hit neck, marrow wrists, rot chest, bpc gloves, fester belt, t10.5hc - legs + head or shoulders not sure, ...)
    Gunship trinket
    10hc shield
    25 norm lk mace
    Onyx head quest trinket (most avoidance on single item in game)
    Not sure about gun

defense + 5% block value meta

I used defense, defense + dodge and defense + stam gems on most of the gear. (I was raiding with rora for 18 months and got every piece of gear that I wanted twice)
    I also used scroll of agility (maybe even drums with 8% king buff) to become unhittable and I always play Nelf (2% more avoidance racial).

you can use this macro to check how is your progress:
    Spoiler: Show

/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))

it tells you your current total avoidance + block (change 5 to 7 in formula if you are Night Elf)

You take +-0 damage from physical attacks, but spells still hurt and damage is rly low (I had to sacrifice a lot of expertise and hit). Some mix of defensive + offensive gear was often better for soloing. (dps trinkets, etc)
    Edited: June 16, 2015

13. Bump. Minor changes due to major threat fixes ;-).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I also got to look at your suggestions Taralej.
    I added those. Though I consider them highly situational (only spell damage fights). Armor and BV respectively are better choices imho.

I already mentioned Improved Cleave and Glyph of Cleaving as options, so I consider this covered.

First 12345 ... Last