1. Very good guide for beginners
    Thanks.

Spoiler: Show

Well, I hope it's good for everyone ;-)

2. Hey Jendah and Community,

I have a few, maybe stupid, questions that you can answer me, pls. Is the warrior tank "the best tank" in Wotlk ? Is it worth it to buy the boots and trousers made by a blacksmith, when you are new on the servers without any contact to raid guilds? And the last question: Do you prefer PvE DPS or PvP as second specc...?

Thanks for your answers.

3. Hey Jendah and Community,

I have a few, maybe stupid, questions that you can answer me, pls. Is the warrior tank "the best tank" in Wotlk ? Is it worth it to buy the boots and trousers made by a blacksmith, when you are new on the servers without any contact to raid guilds? And the last question: Do you prefer PvE DPS or PvP as second specc...?

Thanks for your answers.
    1) Tanks in wotlk are pretty well-balanced imho. All of them have something to offer. Warriors require more skill to be played well. War tank can take least dmg if you predict every incoming spike. (but less dmg taken is not always that big advantage -> as long as healers can keep you up it doesn't rly matter)

Bears have the best EHP pool.
    Paladins a ton of buffs/auras/utility, passive def-cd.
    Warriors have the best def cds and mobility, and also pretty crazy situational utility.
    DKs have selfhealing, higher avoidance and also rly good defensives.

2) Crafted legs are rly good - even best thing you can get in some gear setups for some bosses (armor gear). Feet are not that great, but they have defense which might come in handy, especially if you struggle to reach your cap and other feet drop pretty far in raids (icc sindra 10/ vali 25; and halion 25). tldr -> feet are good at start, legs are good to have later on when you are def-capped from other sources.

3) I prefer fury pve. It does a lot of dmg (I would even say top dps atm), and I am not into pvp. But arms pvp is also a really good choice.

Enjoy.
    Edited: September 2, 2016

4. Thanks for your detailed answer, I try my best from now on to represent the warrior tanks in a good way.

5. Great guide!

I have one question: how does hit-capping taunt actually work? Why do we need the glyph of taunt in addition to the regular 8% hit chance?

6. Taunt is a spell and thus affected by the spell-hit-cap. You need 17% hit to never miss a spell on a level 83 mob.
    The rating -> % conversion ratio is different for spells and melee attacks.

You need 9% spell hit (237 hit rating) + Glyph to hit cap your taunt.
    You need 8% melee hit (263 hit rating) to hit cap your melee attacks.

7. Hello there!
    I've been playing my cow prot warrior on Icecrown for 2 months now and I'm currently on 5.2kgs. I'm progressing slowly through raids because I don't feel confident enough to tank icc, or others mechanically harder raids yet. However that is not why I am writing right now.
    My question is: What are eventually the best glyphs for raiding ? I am currently equipped with Major (Revenge, Last stand, Cleave) and with Minors ( Commanding shout, Battle shout). However I do know that as a tank in the raid, I don't need rage or 3-target cleave, but what are the go-to defensive major glyphs that I should want to use and what is the 3rd Minor glyph that would serve me well in the raids?

8. *My heart is beating like crazy right now after finding this thread.
    *I stopped playing right after the moltdown. I did create a char with my old warr tank's name from Lordaeron right after Warmane emerged, "just in case".
    *Two days ago i decided i missed molten and tanking so i started researching for prot warr material just so i can jog my memory a bit. Last night i felt like having a heart attack after i found out tankspot was gone. I was thinking about my bookmarks on tanking from my old pc. Basicaly i thought the culture built around tanking in 3.3.5 was gone. I'm glad i was wrong.
    *Anyway, i digress.
    *I want to sincerely thank you guys for this thread and for making me realize there still are quite a few people that are really passionate not just about prot warr in 3.3.5 but tanking in general.
    *Have a good night.

P.S. I still have nightmares regarding charging through elevated terrain.

9. As a reply to Afromoon's question:
    In raids, Glyph of Taunt is a must have as it makes you not miss your taunts if you have 8% hit from your gear (see comments above).
    For the other two glyphs, Last Stand is always a good choice.
    For the third major, there are a few possibilites: Glyph of Blocking (looses some of its value once you get better gear because of block value cap (*insert random rant about prot pvp being broken because of this here*), Glyph of Devastate (more of an offensive choice) and Glyph of Shield Wall (defensive choice later on, you will have 1 def cd per minute, when you get 4pt10 you will have one every 30 seconds).
    For minors, Command always good to have, Charge for longer range, might be useful here and there, and Glyph of Bloodrage until you get 4pt10, after that maybe thunder clap just to make your life easier.

10. On our way to gear for ICC are we going to attempt to use fast weapons or slow weapons?

11. On our way to gear for ICC are we going to attempt to use fast weapons or slow weapons?
    Depends on what you currently need. Fast "tanking" weapons give defense ratting which is your priority for reaching def cap. Sometimes equipping those weapons will allow you to get armor piece of gear (crafted legs/ T10 chest). Slow weapon gives more threat, fast weapon more avoidance (overall dmg reduction).

12. I was wondering if Cruelty at lower gear levels is a better threat option than Armored to the Teeth? TY.

13. Hello people,
    I recently hit 80.. and this is my talent build and glyphs as of now.

any changes you would suggest?

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/talents

14. [center] Getting parryed = boss attacks faster -> you take more dmg.) I believe that it is currently broken on warmane,
    What do you mean with this? Because I'm currently playing on Lordaeron and having some problem with my prot tanking. I get too much dmg.. Check my post about this pls.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=346079

First ... 34567 ... Last