1. What do you mean with this? Because I'm currently playing on Lordaeron and having some problem with my prot tanking. I get too much dmg.. Check my post about this pls.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=346079
    Hi,
    when your attacks get parried boss attacks faster -> you end up taking more dmg.

As for Lordaeron -> all bosses have been made stronger, for more "hardcore" experience (I dont play anymore and never played there). Warrior takes the biggest hit from this change, due to rellying on shield block a fair amount, which is static number.

2. @jendah
    i have some questions with warrior tank.

*lk 10-25 n (while mt) , on phase 2 and 3 how can i use my defensive cds properly for soul reaper. u may assume that i have glype of last stand and shield wall.
    -shield block + bloodrage
    -last stand + enrage renegarion
    -shield wall
    i would like to know taunt mechanics with OT also. for example when i see soul reapor on me . OT taunt and i cast shield block + bloodrage for reduce damage or it is just for avoid lk mele swing aside from 50.000 shadow damage ? sindragose trinket can reduce damage of soul reaper ?
    Same as -last stand + enrage renegarion , do i need to use for survive both lk mele swings and soul reaper damage , is it enough for to survive without any other cd while overhealing by healers or OT should taunt boss in most cases for safety?

-Sindragose
    Bloodrage works on frost breathe ?
    Edited: January 10, 2017

3. @jendah
    i have some questions with warrior tank.

*lk 10-25 n (while mt) , on phase 2 and 3 how can i use my defensive cds properly for soul reaper. u may assume that i have glype of last stand and shield wall.
    -last stand + enrage renegarion
    -shield wall
    i would like to know taunt mechanics with OT also. for example when i see soul reapor on me . OT taunt and i cast shield block + bloodrage for reduce damage or it is just for avoid lk mele swing aside from 50.000 shadow damage ? sindragose trinket can reduce damage of soul reaper ?
    Same as -last stand + enrage renegarion , do i need to use for survive both lk mele swings and soul reaper damage , is it enough for to survive without any other cd while overhealing by healers or OT should taunt boss in most cases for safety?

-Sindragose
    Bloodrage works on frost breathe ?
    Hi,
    I like to save either Shield wall or Last Stand (preferably) for emegency like:

- shield block
    - shield wall
    - shield block
    - blood rage + trinket -> weakest one
    - shield block
    - shield wall
    - shield block
    - bloodrage + enraged regen (after shield gets absorbed)

But this is something you need to try out - depends on your and your healers gear if its enough.

Sould Reaper has 3 parts:
    1. Physical hit
    2. Shadow dot (Sindra trinket reduces this by a decent amount)
    3. LK Attack Speed bonus

Point of taunting boss on retail was to have 1 tank with a dot and other dealing with attack-speed bonus of LK with some defensive. It is safest that way imho, since it splits damage between tanks.
    Once both you and your healers are overgeared they have enough throughput to keep you up without defensives, but still bad luck/poorly placed defile forcing them to move can cost you life.

Enrage should work against everything.

4. Hello there. Nice guide.
    I have always wondered one thing about tanks. How do they gear up?
    I have a warrior in leveling process and maybe i will tank with him. Regardless i already have a paladin. But it was easy with him. I was healing fos/pos/toc and rolled for tanking items as os. That's how i got majority of them. Then i moved to rep farm and got some nice gear as well. (Expertise is abundant in rep items.) Then i bought head and shield from the ah ( BS boe i think). And finally an axe from ragemane's flipper quest. I made some hit gems and i was capped in hit,exp and def. After awhile i got better gear.
    So my question is simple. How do i gear up a tank? Let's make this scenario. No donations, no vote points, low on gold and let's say first character on the server. My first idea was to have a guild that can help you gear up, but in that case a warrior should spec dps which i don't like. But i want to hear your opinion on this.

5. If that is your first char on server it is quiete hard to look for a help from guild, unless you have some friends there already.

This would work fine for Icecrown (=wow 3.3.5a):
    I would buil it self-sufficient -> mining + bs profs, make (tempered saronite?) bs set + farm reps - that should make you def-capped -> fos/pos farm for gear -> move to rhc for emblems - get T9 set + whatever else you need -> start raiding. You will be able to get some dps gear along the way as well.
    What I actually do is slightly differnt - I make 2 chars - something with mining + bs, that gets gear for my war @80 and take jwc + eng on my war, so I have best profs + good gold income.

I dont know about Lordaeron - which was made harder by warmane staff - it might require slightly different approach.

6. Hello,
    I am a 5k gs protection warrior that's def capped and got 3 parts of the T9 and the rest are parts from farming heroic fos pos hor... Anyhow, the point of my post is to ask why in heaven's sake do I lose aggro so much?

If there's a 5,5k dps or higher I'll be losing aggro too much, Vigilance will help a bit but if there's a 2nd dps just like him I'm screwed. I make use of most my abilities, cleave, shockwave, devastate, revenge, shield slam, thunder clap, shield bash, heroic strike, but I'll still lose aggro. This doesn't happen with my prot paladin that's not as geared as my current warrior.

Are there any tips you can provide to me? I'm also using the glyph of taunt, however the problem is mainly with AoE, I usually have no problems whatsoever with just one mob/boss.

7. The other reason besides PvP they need to fix Shield Slam.

8. The other reason besides PvP they need to fix Shield Slam.
    Well they are convinced that it's working as intended so that fix won't be coming anytime soon

9. It'll be looked into later this month. Our Q/A team have been quite busy over the holiday season hence delays within the Bugtracker
    - Smyth, 04.01.2017. In ticket.

EDIT: FIXED QUOTE.
    Edited: January 18, 2017

10. Hello,
    I am a 5k gs protection warrior that's def capped and got 3 parts of the T9 and the rest are parts from farming heroic fos pos hor... Anyhow, the point of my post is to ask why in heaven's sake do I lose aggro so much?

If there's a 5,5k dps or higher I'll be losing aggro too much, Vigilance will help a bit but if there's a 2nd dps just like him I'm screwed. I make use of most my abilities, cleave, shockwave, devastate, revenge, shield slam, thunder clap, shield bash, heroic strike, but I'll still lose aggro. This doesn't happen with my prot paladin that's not as geared as my current warrior.

Are there any tips you can provide to me? I'm also using the glyph of taunt, however the problem is mainly with AoE, I usually have no problems whatsoever with just one mob/boss.
    You can tab to rotate targets and devastate/shield slam each. Untill you reach hit/expertise caps and have SLOW weapon you are going to have low aoe threat. Even after that its not great. You dont have to care that much about having every single mob on you - have the hardest hitting ones, stun them if you can when they some attack dpser, other than that geared dpsers should be able to take a few hits.

11. You can tab to rotate targets and devastate/shield slam each. Untill you reach hit/expertise caps and have SLOW weapon you are going to have low aoe threat. Even after that its not great. You dont have to care that much about having every single mob on you - have the hardest hitting ones, stun them if you can when they some attack dpser, other than that geared dpsers should be able to take a few hits.
    Thank you for your answer, I'll be trying to do more of that for sure... Also, I've been applying rend to mobs to keep the aggro building but this slows me down quite a bit, I'm starting to think that may not be viable at all lol

12. Thank you for your answer, I'll be trying to do more of that for sure... Also, I've been applying rend to mobs to keep the aggro building but this slows me down quite a bit, I'm starting to think that may not be viable at all lol
    It does not - rend does low threat/gcd - better to put devaste on them. (Rend might do more threat when you use it on target > 75% hp, but if Devaste crits -> its way more + deep wounds)

13. It does not - rend does low threat/gcd - better to put devaste on them. (Rend might do more threat when you use it on target > 75% hp, but if Devaste crits -> its way more + deep wounds)
    Understood, thank you :)

Kind Regards!

14. Hi! Im kinda new to tanking in general and i really love your guide. Now, i have doubts how to tank each boss on icc25h and halion 25h. Can you share with me a summary (made by you) of each boss? (I've done 12/12 icc25h and halion25h as a healer, but i learn better if someone teach me than learning myself)
    Thanks!

15. Hi Wodal,
    I don't have time, nor ability to write that (I have been inactive for just too long). Tankspot guides were rly good source for me when I started, other than that you can ask tanks in your guild - it is pretty much the same with all tanks and each guild likes to do stuff a little bit differently, so they should actually give you a better advice about positioning etc... There are times when you should use some defensive cooldown (like start of ph2 @lk, which one you pop depends on your class, but all of them have to use some).

Sorry to dissapoint you,
    good luck and enjoy,
    Jendah

First ... 45678 ... Last