1. Hi! Im kinda new to tanking in general and i really love your guide. Now, i have doubts how to tank each boss on icc25h and halion 25h. Can you share with me a summary (made by you) of each boss? (I've done 12/12 icc25h and halion25h as a healer, but i learn better if someone teach me than learning myself)
    Thanks!
    lady immune to taunt.
    fester stacks re more dangerous. should switch tanks earlier.
    profesor : most complicated cos both green and orange coming at the same time during transition phase-, i dont have practice about it.
    keleset : if u re tanking keleset , be careful twisting places on ground. because push back may throw u out of range of nuclears and u can take huge shadow damage.
    sindi : warn ur holy paladin (voice chat ofc) about beacon when u switching tanks. Beauce if frost beaconed target move to rear legs. it may get into trouble with heal.
    lk : i advise u to drink armor potion at the begning of phase 2. - phase 3 is more flexable for tanks cos no valkirie and u can kite lk. tank switch boss at soul reaper more easier then phase 2 .

I try to give u some tips which is differentt from normal mode. Maybe there could be some mistake or missing part. Hope Jendah clear me if i m wrong.

Have fun.

2. hi man great guide but i can't find an image of your talent
    someone help me out please

3. I'm curious re professions does the 885 armour to gloves from eng really outway 62/60 stam from LW/BS/Mining etc?

Is there any theory crafting for this anywhere? Not doubting just curious

I guess the only downside from eng is its not as profitable as the others.

cheers

4. I'm curious re professions does the 885 armour to gloves from eng really outway 62/60 stam from LW/BS/Mining etc?

Is there any theory crafting for this anywhere? Not doubting just curious

I guess the only downside from eng is its not as profitable as the others.

cheers
    Value of armor stacks with boss dmg and each hit you take. I compared it to LK HC (hardest hitting boss) and its better there - he hits for up to 50k mitigated -> almost 200k before mitigation (at least those are the numbers I remember from 2 years ago - I didnt play since) -> getting an extra 0.5% reduction means being hit by 1k less with each hit. You can use "Tankpoints" addon to do the math.

5. I got a better guide: don't play prot war.
    I got a guide that's better than that.
    1. Create a DK, Druid, or Paladin.
    2. Level it up to 80.
    3. Gear it up to at least 5.4k GS.
    4. Tank with that toon instead to get better results.

6. Has anyone ever tried the Unrelenting Assault hybrid tanking spec? Do you find it funny to play?

http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/w...12521000000000
    Edited: October 7, 2017

7. Please update all gems, enchants and gear links! They dont work anymore :/

8. Can someone post a picture of how they arranged their spells, I have no idea about this and would like some kind of guideline to follow

9. That is very dependant on your personal preferences... I use action bar addon (dominos) and have a ton of buttons available at the bottom of my screen. (8 action bars (2 columns and 4 rows) 12 buttons each (96 buttons total). I have my most used/important abilities on 1st row (taunt at b4 aince its fastest to press, revenge o n 1, shield slm on2, hs on 3, ckeave 5, thunderclap 6, sw 7,...) and place my other abilities in groups thematically (defensives, shouts, egineering gadgets, ...) with empty spaces in between them.

binding your abilities to keyboard/mouse buttons is also important. Bind at least your taunt, basic rotation and defensives. More important the ability is the faster you want to able to use it, so pick buttons accordingly. You want to be able to continue your rotation and use defensives while moving easily. Having extra buttons on mouse helps, but its ok if you dont have any, just use more mod keys (ctrl/shift/alt + key).

10. Tried to do rs twice on shadow realm since last week and started to feel a bit overwhelmed now. I understhand that I put so much pressure on my healer inside yet I raised my gear to 4t10 already and saving my cd s for last phase. Still at some point close to %10 Im getting killed. I dont have great gear, dont have a proc trinket yet nor sindragosa yet this feels wrong a bit. http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary this is my armory, I know I have to raise a bit expertise but feeling ok so far.

11. I tried to inform my self about the topic of expertise and it's caps and I've always found two numbers. For dodges it's 26 and for parry is 56. Have you ever heard about "40 expertise soft cap" ? In a guild (not here) a druid tank told me that 40 expertise is known as soft cap, and from my understanding it's soft cap for parries. I was tanking Halion with 3 different set ups, each having different expertise levels, and they go 28, 35 and 44. At 44 I felt the safest from parry-hasting, and parry wasn't really an issue. At 28 he deleted me, but at 35 it was, as expected a balance. I was removing target from him in order to survive if I saw some parries. Wasn't an issue, but more would've been just less stressful. What do you guys think about 40 soft cap for parries ? What are your experiences with expertise ? Would you recommend strict 56 exp cap for parry-hasters ? etc..

I may post this on different threads of responses are low.

12. I tried to inform my self about the topic of expertise and it's caps and I've always found two numbers. For dodges it's 26 and for parry is 56. Have you ever heard about "40 expertise soft cap" ? In a guild (not here) a druid tank told me that 40 expertise is known as soft cap, and from my understanding it's soft cap for parries. I was tanking Halion with 3 different set ups, each having different expertise levels, and they go 28, 35 and 44. At 44 I felt the safest from parry-hasting, and parry wasn't really an issue. At 28 he deleted me, but at 35 it was, as expected a balance. I was removing target from him in order to survive if I saw some parries. Wasn't an issue, but more would've been just less stressful. What do you guys think about 40 soft cap for parries ? What are your experiences with expertise ? Would you recommend strict 56 exp cap for parry-hasters ? etc..
    The caps are indeed 26 for dodges and 56 for parries. They were properly fixed on the warmane servers some time ago (can't remember when but it's been a long time). I've no idea what that druid tank told you, maybe he plays on some other server where the caps are lower because of a coding issue, who knows really. At any rate what he said is simply not true.

As for Halion/any dragon, the most dangerous time for a parry to occur is right after a breath since at that point you've just taken a direct breath, which without a small/large CD will take a significant portion of your hp in heroics. And if you happen to parry-haste him right after your healers may not be able to heal you up in time due to untimely pre-heals/running to dispel/unchained magic on sindra, etc. Outside of those instances parry hasting is generally not a significant issue since you're being bombed with ridiculous amounts of healing every second. If you want to be on the extremely safe side you can go for 56, but it'll force you to sacrifice some EHP which may or may not be favorable. The answer is "it depends". What does it depend on? Your healers, what difficulty you're doing the encounter on, are your fellow raiders providing you with external CDs as they should be, are paladins helping out with instant FoLs if a healer gets consumption, you get the idea. I'd say that you absolutely have the right idea in stopping attacks, but I'd advise it only when a breath is coming. After you're healed up post-breath you can continue w/o too much worry.

lol

13. I tried to inform my self about the topic of expertise and it's caps and I've always found two numbers. For dodges it's 26 and for parry is 56. Have you ever heard about "40 expertise soft cap" ? In a guild (not here) a druid tank told me that 40 expertise is known as soft cap, and from my understanding it's soft cap for parries. I was tanking Halion with 3 different set ups, each having different expertise levels, and they go 28, 35 and 44. At 44 I felt the safest from parry-hasting, and parry wasn't really an issue. At 28 he deleted me, but at 35 it was, as expected a balance. I was removing target from him in order to survive if I saw some parries. Wasn't an issue, but more would've been just less stressful. What do you guys think about 40 soft cap for parries ? What are your experiences with expertise ? Would you recommend strict 56 exp cap for parry-hasters ? etc..

I heared about soft-cap only in connection with dodge cap. It is used because untill 26, expertise reduces both dodge and parry - so it has double value for threat.

About 40 expertise... I dont think its a good idea. If you cant reach 56, then its better than going with 30 for sure... but tanking is about consistency, ideally you want to remove the posibility of being parry-hasted completely, going for 40 "only" reduces the chance, so it will happen less often. Its like going for 530 (less, since 40/56 is more like 500/540) defense anywhere else, sure you will almost never get a crit, but that time you do...

14. Its like going for 530 (less, since 40/56 is more like 500/540) defense anywhere else, sure you will almost never get a crit, but that time you do...
    I disagree. Not going for def cap will very often be a lethal hit from bosses, especially in heroic. On the other hand a parry-hasted attack isn't buffed in any way damage wise, it's just faster than normal which does in a way increase the boss' dps towards you, but it's certainly not the same thing. You can get away with being below parry haste cap on dragon bosses, but you won't get away with not being def capped.
    Edited: February 5, 2019

15. I disagree. Not going for def cap will very often be a lethal hit from bosses, especially in heroic. On the other hand a parry-hasted attack isn't buffed in any way damage wise, it's just faster than normal which does in a way increase the boss' dps towards you, but it's certainly not the same thing. You can get away with being below parry haste cap on dragon bosses, but you won't get away with not being def capped.
    Fair point, there is a chance of avoiding those faster attacks. I still think, that getting several parry-hasted attacks in a row will kill you, and those situations willl happen, maybe rarely, but will, even with 55 expertise.

Another thing is attack speed, druids (and blood dks) have privilige of having very slow attack speed, so parry hasting cannot occur to them nearly as often, they can get away with lower expertise more easily. This is the case where slow dps weapon actually increases your survivability, when being low on expertise.
    Edited: February 6, 2019

First ... 56789 Last