1. while pet aoe avoidance is bugged bis geared uh will make less dmg then frost and blood
    /thread

2. while pet aoe avoidance is bugged bis geared uh will make less dmg then frost and blood
    /thread
    Heavily depends on the fight and who's playing the DK.I doubt that either frost or blood can outdps an unholy outside just as much as I doubt that an unholy can outdps either inside.

3. I've been playing unholy death knight on molten/warmane for a fair amount of time and looking how the server always had issues with scourge strike i went and replaced it with obliterate. So far as ive seen i do more dps that way.

4. I've been playing unholy death knight on molten/warmane for a fair amount of time and looking how the server always had issues with scourge strike i went and replaced it with obliterate. So far as ive seen i do more dps that way.
    Unless you're stacking ArP, it shouldn't be like that...

5. I spiked @ 115k on trash before VDW, idk if that's top[because we were few ppl and had time to nuke that ****]
    I think cat in bear form is next best thing with this swipe or whatever spell hits all targets
    And of coarse pala is top "useful aoe" because there is very rarely more than like 10 trash-mobs, but UH has most potential because wandering plague. Each disease tick on each target has chance equivalent to crit chance to do AoE splash, damage scales better than any other class with each additional target.

Warning this is not precise, just approximate example, mages line would start only after "usefull" cube

+ for epic paint skills
    Not quite. As it turns out, Unholy's AoE isn't actually "exponentially" scaling at all, contrary to popular belief. It still climbs up steadily as the number of targets increases, because Death and Decay and your diseases ignore AoE caps, but Wandering Plague itself has what seems to be a 3 second or so hidden ICD that makes it weaker (relative to your other AoE abilities) the more targets there are. Your graph is incorrect because the increase is linear and not exponential.

Anyone who's familiar with Unholy has probably noticed how Wandering Plague never strikes the same target more than once for each time your diseases tick. If you pulled a pack of 20 mobs and spread diseases on all of them, every 3 seconds each mob would only suffer damage from precisely 3 different sources - 1 Frost Fever tick, 1 Blood Plague tick, and then 1 Wandering Plague tick. There is only one Wandering Plague tick despite you having a total of 40 diseases up, because only one of those diseases can proc Wandering Plague at a time, since Wandering Plague's hidden ICD prevents it from proccing more often than once every 3 seconds. If each of those 40 diseases had their own individual chance to proc Wandering Plague on all those mobs, that would certainly be truly exponential damage, and it would be hilariously overpowered.

Source: http://forums.elitistjerks.com/forum...omment-1608662. Read that comment and the discussion that follows on the next page.

I mean, come on - it even died on Anub'arak's Insect Swarm in Azjol'Nerub... The spec is fun and I can easily outDPS other FDKs with same or even better gear... considering that my ghoul survives at least half of the fight...
    Leeching Swarm shouldn't be affecting pets at all. If Anub'arak is really healing himself off both the pet and the master then pets are a major liability on this encounter, and pet classes are probably better off dismissing their pets once he goes below 35%.
    Edited: December 20, 2015

6. ^ That. I must say, though, despite being a linear increase, it still feels incredibly strong. Even when it isn't. Which is one of the reasons I like playing Unholy so much.

7. It was while ago, and it was some sort of bug I guess, I have never reached such numbers again.
    Maybe multiple Ebon Plague or something, I don't recall details.

8. while pet aoe avoidance is bugged bis geared uh will make less dmg then frost and blood
    /thread
    Pet aoe is actually working as it should. I tested UH in 25m and ghoul didn't die once

9. Maybe you got rare case of healer who knows what's up.

10. Pet aoe is actually working as it should. I tested UH in 25m and ghoul didn't die once
    Lucky that your pet didn't die, but that doesn't mean the mechanic is working. It isn't. Hell, it isn't even ignored by a bulk of mechanics that should ignore pets either (ex. Necrotic Plague).

11. Gonna test abit more tomorrow when we have 25m raid. Atleast avoidance seemed to be working about fine. For example the cleave of Death Knights in Gothik didn't instakill it anymore and pet survived through Heigan pretty easily. Gonna update some more info tomorrow, including damage

12. i think you're playing on lorda, all the bugs we're talking about are on dw/rag

13. and ye i forgot to mention - Unholy blight is not pve talent and any spec with it is trash one, no discuss

14. In pve unholy is working on Lordaeron? I saw some players with 4k gs or more using it but I tryed myself, pet hit and expertise are completely bugged

15. and ye i forgot to mention - Unholy blight is not pve talent and any spec with it is trash one, no discuss
    Ehm.. no?
    One point in UB is taken because it is more or less equal to two points in morbidity. The only real difference between the two is that morbidity allows you to DnD more, which is very useful on add packs or AoE-ing LKs ghouls to hell and beyond.

Edit: Actually taralej explained it well on the previous page. Basically wasting 3 points for a 15% increase versus wasting 1 and using the other two elsewhere for a 10% one is truly a no brainer (you pick UB).
    Edited: February 9, 2016

First 12345 ... Last