1. Soo, I was kicked from a raid group because 'You are muti, I think I'm gonna lol here'. Then I asked him if he knows anything about assassination and he said no, only combat. I don't think mutilate rogues are bad lmao, are we not allowed to be in raid groups anymore? XD

2. Well thing is we don't bring anything besides ToT to the raid.. (neither does the 6th Hunter) But that's not a reason to kick every Muti rogues from raids ofc lol. People just being stubborn thinking Assasination rogues can't provide decent DPS.

3. I've been going with haste gear over the arp gear for Assassin, and I'm about 6k gs bursting over 20k in icc 10n without any TotT or Hysteria. I'm having a hard time believeing that arp is better than the haste items. You said you were happy with 16k dps on fester with this " BiS " gear, and im doing that on ****ty 6k gs haste gear. I gem full haste, and I use ap/ crit/ haste gear in every slot. Every donor rogue on this server has all this arp gear, and their dps is terrible. Just saying, mabe your spreadsheets are wrong because of the way the server is working. This isn't retail remember. The highest DPS rogue I've ever seen was just under 6.3k gs with " bis " haste gear( NOT ARP), and he raped every combat rogue single target, and this was just a few weeks ago, which made me decide to play Assassination. I even had a terrible dps " bis " rogue try to tell me you only need 800 haste to play assassin, and then gem attack power, I wish someone would show some SS of their dps, and compare this arp/ haste sets, because 99% of the server seems to be confused as what to even wear as Assassinaiton.
    Edited: March 1, 2017

4. Who cares about the burst as assa rogue? It's about sustained DPS. Then it depends on the gear set you go for. 4set or 2set. One will have more ARP the other'll have more haste. The DPS difference is minimal.

As for @templar013 and @Eldvaakk it's also that assa rogue is ****ty when it comes to target switching and the debuff it brings is covered usually by ret paladins/ele shamans.

Other than that assa rogges're like free TPS for a tank cuz of the usual TotT glyph.

5. http://imgur.com/a/dXEYt
    New meta bois, fak Crogue!
    Assasin FTW!
    jk

6. I've been going with haste gear over the arp gear for Assassin, and I'm about 6k gs bursting over 20k in icc 10n without any TotT or Hysteria. I'm having a hard time believeing that arp is better than the haste items. You said you were happy with 16k dps on fester with this " BiS " gear, and im doing that on ****ty 6k gs haste gear. I gem full haste, and I use ap/ crit/ haste gear in every slot. Every donor rogue on this server has all this arp gear, and their dps is terrible. Just saying, mabe your spreadsheets are wrong because of the way the server is working. This isn't retail remember. The highest DPS rogue I've ever seen was just under 6.3k gs with " bis " haste gear( NOT ARP), and he raped every combat rogue single target, and this was just a few weeks ago, which made me decide to play Assassination. I even had a terrible dps " bis " rogue try to tell me you only need 800 haste to play assassin, and then gem attack power, I wish someone would show some SS of their dps, and compare this arp/ haste sets, because 99% of the server seems to be confused as what to even wear as Assassinaiton.
    http://prnt.sc/egv1iw

Too bad i am having bad lucking getting few haste, hit items from ICC 10man hc to test with different gear.

7. I have 6.2k gs rogue ,my dps is higher with main hand 1.8 heartpiecer HC and offhand LK 10m HC dagger (1.8) than offhand flesh carving HC (1.4) despite Spreadsheet suggest that the latter will do 500 more dps in raid . What i want to ask is should i drop lighning reflex for relentless strike, because in raid i frequently have 1-2s evenom downtime. And if i keep lightning reflex, stacking haste better or does it has some kind of "dimishing return" ? I have 12.5% hit and 56.5% crit from my gear, is it critcaped in raid with full buff ? Sorry for my english and thank you all.
    Edited: March 7, 2017

8. I have 6.2k gs rogue ,my dps is higher with main hand 1.8 heartpiecer HC and offhand LK 10m HC dagger (1.8) than offhand flesh carving HC (1.4) despite Spreadsheet suggest that the latter will do 500 more dps in raid . What i want to ask is should i drop lighning reflex for relentless strike, because in raid i frequently have 1-2s evenom downtime. And if i keep lightning reflex, stacking haste better or does it has some kind of "dimishing return" ? I have 12.5% hit and 56.5% crit from my gear, is it critcaped in raid with full buff ? Sorry for my english and thank you all.
    use this http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#f0ec0exoiboIuVo0xV0xcZb. best choice for high/end gear.
    get the exp cap
    stay above hit cap
    don t bother much with the crit cap
    and gem for 20% haste or check a spreadsheet.
    gl

9. How much haste do you guys cap to? I've got a 6.4 near bis (missing togc items) assass with 1150 haste and about 4.6k ap unbuffed (20-34 haste in every slot). I pulled 14k dps in ToC25n with no target switching and lust.

How can I get more haste or what should I be capping? Rotation is of course the same, near 100% uptime of envenom and speed potting a few times per fight.

10. http://imgur.com/TzmGjaI look at this lovely old pic and check the dps. it was taken before fixes to rogue were made.
    i used double heaven's, sts+dbw for trinkets and 19-20% haste or slightly under 700 haste rating. so compared to the current state of the rogue it should be deemed as a lesser setup.
    this being said, you should be able do more than 14k in bis/near bis gear and tunneling.
    consider finding the balance between haste rating and AD. neglecting one over the other won t do you much good.
    also you don t need togc items.

11. openwow.com links are not working.

12. Does Taij proc poisons? I got hc version last night in icc and tried it, but it only does about 2% of my damage (about 54 hits). Not worth unless it is applying poisons during those hits.

Replaced STS, so my 2 trinks are HWT and Taij

13. Still trying to find the best trinket. Now using STShc and WFShc. what about others roggers?

14. So I have also been experimenting with trinkets on the rogue. Taij is not BiS because the poisons do not proc the motes on this server rendering it basically useless. I have STS and the proc is a very nice damage increase, plus it procs quite frequently. I think that Whispering Fanged Skull hc and Death's Choice HC give STS a run for it's money because their base stat is better for rogues. In fact, WFS HC may end up beating STS HC in the long run but again I'm not sure. Also, is there ever a point to stop stacking haste? I'm at 950 and I'm considering starting to gem pure Attack power on my new gear. I'm at 6051 gs and pull 13-14k dps on icc25n over

First ... 41213141516 ... Last