1. May 21, 2017  
    Another thing to discuss beside weapon enchants (black magic vs berserk?) is the set bonus, someone go with 2/5 someone go with 4/5. What's better? Did anyone do some deep tests?
    Edited: May 21, 2017

2. May 21, 2017  
    http://imgur.com/a/EDBYL
    New meta bois!
    jk
    assasin suc for LK :'(

Edit:
    http://imgur.com/a/Fsj3o
    4/5 t10
    +6 agility cos of bad gemming on feet and chest
    (no enough double items to not **** up combat build)
    http://talentcalc.deffender.eu/rogue...00000000000000
    Spec i think is the best for assasination rogue.
    As u can see, muti deals quite a nice amount of dmg so i think its more worth than 2% crit.
    Had prety ****y rng when it comes to combo points on that fight, and i did forget to refresh Hunger for arround 30sec...
    Anyway i doubt id do more than 15k dps at the end of that fight tbh.

Overall, if u are in a raid that has combat rogue and they dont need u to tryhard on DPS u can play assasination.
    Combat ****s on this spec any time a day sadly.

Anyway, thats enough from me. Best of luck. I doubt il do assasination again...
    Edited: May 21, 2017

3. May 26, 2017  
    Hi guys, for some reasons i got critcap pretty bad ( 3-4%) above cap, 14% hit with no talent at the moment. Should i gem hit to remove critcap or just stick with haste ?

4. May 26, 2017  
    Tried Heartpierce HC on LoD last night, the uptime is nearly 100%. I've seen a few rogues go dual heaven's fall, is there a large dps loss by going dual slow dagger?

Having 100% proc uptime gave me 100% envenom uptime, which is huge on LoD because of how often you have to target swap.

5. June 3, 2017  
    take a look at this https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/48753
    maybe we won t have to wait another year for a reply

6. June 9, 2017  
    http://imgur.com/a/EDBYL
    New meta bois!
    jk
    assasin suc for LK :'(

Edit:
    http://imgur.com/a/Fsj3o
    4/5 t10
    +6 agility cos of bad gemming on feet and chest
    (no enough double items to not **** up combat build)
    http://talentcalc.deffender.eu/rogue...00000000000000
    Spec i think is the best for assasination rogue.
    As u can see, muti deals quite a nice amount of dmg so i think its more worth than 2% crit.
    Had prety ****y rng when it comes to combo points on that fight, and i did forget to refresh Hunger for arround 30sec...
    Anyway i doubt id do more than 15k dps at the end of that fight tbh.

Overall, if u are in a raid that has combat rogue and they dont need u to tryhard on DPS u can play assasination.
    Combat ****s on this spec any time a day sadly.

Anyway, thats enough from me. Best of luck. I doubt il do assasination again...
    Wrong talent/gear pieces/gems and an overall bad encounter for assa will yield lesser results.I'd be rather interested in a Fester/DBS log as they are the best fights in icc for assasination.
    BTW,anyone tested the EJ spreadsheet BiS?I'm curious about TAiaJ even though its broken atm.

@fappy EJ BiS according to spreadsheet:
    Head: Geistlord's Punishment Sack (Heroic)
    Neck: Sindragosa's Cruel Claw (Heroic)
    Shoulder: Cultist's Bloodsoaked Spaulders (Heroic)
    Back: Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak (Heroic)
    Chest: Ikfirus's Sack of Wonder (Heroic)
    Wrist: Umbrage Armbands (Heroic)
    Hands: Sanctified Shadowblade Gauntlets (Heroic)
    Waist: Astrylian's Sutured Cinch (Heroic)
    Legs: Sanctified Shadowblade Legplates (Heroic)
    Feet: Frostbitten Fur Boots (Heroic)
    Ring 1: Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance
    Ring 2: Signet of Twilight (Heroic)
    Trinket 1: Tiny Abomination in a Jar (Heroic)/Whispering Fanged Skull (Heroic) - (I guess the WFS HC is for movement fights,while the TAiaJ is for tank&spank)
    Trinket 2: Sharpened Twilight Scale (Heroic)
    Mainhand: Heaven's Fall, Kryss of a Thousand Lies (Heroic)
    Offhand: Lungbreaker (Heroic)
    Ranged: Fal'inrush, Defender of Quel'thalas (Heroic)

7. Oh lol, didnt even notice this one...

Well, im glad u are giving some nice arguments to back up ur bis list, gemming, stat balance, and magical talent build.
    I did every posible spec and itemisation, tested this **** for a month, and the one i linked worked out the best.
    The main reason why i didnt go for 2/5 is cos 4/5 set bonus can boost ur DPS trough the roof, especialy on encounter such as Lich King.
    Once u start spamming Fan of Knives, its going to be dificult getting back to 100% uptime on Envenom buff.
    4/5 will help u with that, in combination with Relentless Strikes.
    On top of that, Relentless Strikes combined with Oportunity will give u more Energy and overall DMG than 10% Haste from Combat Tree ever will... Especialy if u have to swich targets, cos again, not every boss is Tank and Spank.

As for TaiaJ, i doubt its better than the Token, especialy on Warmane where its not procing as much.
    WFS is not needed since u are alrdy crit capped with BiS gear and raid buffs.

I would love to see more of what u have to offer to this topic... Talent build that we can actualy see?
    As for "Bad Encounter for Assasin", if u cant DPS Lich King 25m Heroic, why would u play that spec in the first place?
    Its not all about the numbers on Deathbringer, there are other, more important and harder bosses out there u know?
    Combat will ALWAYS outdps Assasination on Single Target burst fight cos it has Cooldowns. And Assasination doesnt bring anything to the Raid when it comes to buffs/debuffs. What Assasination can have that Combat Doesnt is better constant Single Target DPS and FoK spam, duo to energy return on Crits.

But hey, its wrong...

8. The 10% haste is more valuable then relentless strikes(in icc gear,as haste becomes one of your best stats) as it boost your energy regen passively - more aa's,more chance to proc focused attacks(and more poison procs ofc) ->???->profit.4/5 t10 isn't recommended as the set bonus is less useful than it is for combat(and the stats on them aren't really good too for assassination - though the ej spreadsheet doesn't use 4pc as well for combat).The moment you lose on rng on cut to the chase,you'll lose dps while reapplying s&d.As for LK - yes,it is a bad fight for assassinate,but for bad fights for rogues lets talk about sindragosa as a combat rogue - ks ports you behind sindy,and we both know you don't want to be behind her bc of tail swipe - hence combat is gimped on the fight imo if you want to avoid the knockback and the damage.TAIaJ is bugged for rets because you can only gain 1 mote at a time instead of gaining 1(ability)++1(hidden swing from socorr)+aa+weapon proc(only in case of shadowmourne/bryntroll) - for assassinate rogues i have better experiences with it,though it could be the dual wield+fast weapons.I'll compare the logs from warmane and from my old pserver(where the trinkets worked correctly)(sadly i don't have any retail logs/screens anymore bc my old pc died many years ago).So - if you have gear with less desired stats and bonuses and worse then optimal gemming - yes,its bad - though it will still be better than most on the server(just a little rant).
    Assassination brings three things to the table - strong single target dps and if glyphed decent aoe damage or threat with tot glyph(or increased damage for another rogue if threat is not an issue).
    p.s. - sorry for the late comment,but i have really bad memory nowadays - too many sh*t to take care of.

9. The 10% Haste is sh*t compared to Relentless Strikes when u have to switch targets, or if u have to AoE.
    Diference btwn 10% Haste and Relentless Strikes talent builds is non existant on single target DPS, meaning, one that has better RNG will win (the extra dmg on melee duo to 10% haste talent will be same as the dmg u did with Mutilate and Envenom from the extra energy gain and from extra poison procs thx to higher uptime on Envenom buff).
    Same goes for TAIAJ and Herkumi. After latest tests and little change in itemisation (going for 2/5 rather than 4/5 for Relentless Strikes talent build), i can say that TAIAJ is a bit better (with this spec ur uptime on Envenom will be close to 90%+ and TAIAJ procs poisons), but again, if RNG doesnt favor u, u will lose to Assasin rogue that uses Herkumi.
    I wanted to update the build and all, but Fluffy released the guide so i had no need to do it...
    When u switch targets ur melee DMG wont shine as much, making both Mutilate and Envenom do more overall DMG, also when doin Fan of Knives 10% Haste talent is again sh*t compared to energy Relentless Strikes will generate.
    4/5 T10 is a MUST if u go for 10% Haste talent build, 1st reason is cos ur melee will be ur top DMG so u could use some extra armor pen (i really dont understand how can u say Armor Penetration sux when 50% of DMG u do is Phisical DMG), 2nd reason is cos that proc from T10 will make a longer chain on Envenom buff which can never be 100% up with this talent build. One more thing, if u are not Soft Crit Capped, 4/5 is again better for 10% Haste build since it provides u with more Crit aswell.
    4/5 Cut to the Chase is perfectly fine, i did full ICC 25m hc run and i didnt lose Slice and Dice a single time. Did arround 1000 8min+ Dummy DPS runs, again, didnt lose it a single time...
    U can go for 5/5 to completely delete the RNG chance of losing Slice and Dice (this is mainly good for fights where u are not so sticky and have to switch targets which will result in less Envenom casts and higher chance of losing to 20% RNG), il most likely do that myself aswell (if i ever play assasin again), but for single target fights, Vigor should be the talent u want to go for. The more energy u can store when RNG is great, the better it will be when RNG goes downhill.

If u cant play a sertain spec on Lich King, dont play it at all. The one and only boss that matters and u have to respec, great job. Assasination is perfectly viable on Lich King, it will actualy do way more DMG on Ragings than Combat will, but not with 10% Haste spec.

When it comes to Combat Rogue VS Sindra, im sorry, i never had any problems with Tail when i did Killing Spree...

When u talk about things one spec brings to the table, it has to be better than the other spec in order to be valuable. Assasination will always lose against Combat on single target DMG without switching, especialy if the fight is short, duo to the fact that Assasination has no Cooldowns, while Combat has some sick burst. Assasination is better duo to extra movement speed and awesome single target DPS that requires no cooldowns (yes, once combat has no cooldowns, assasination rogue deals more DMG, but when it gets close, combat rogue has those CDs again...) in fights where u have to switch more, or if there is sh*t ton of adds u can aoe dps with FoK and get a lot of energy from focused attacks. And its all posible duo to Relentless Strikes, not cos of 10% Haste.

If u actualy tested all this sh*t instead of looking at some sims or w/e, u couldve realised all of it urself.
    My first talent build as Assasination was the one that uses 10% Haste. I got outdpsed by a Rogue that used Relentless Strikes and after testing it myself i sticked with it.
    Im not saying i tested it all, nor am i saying this is the pinacle of Assasination Rogue, i was wrong a bit when it comes to itemisation that time, i could be wrong now, but atleast im not trying to be a smartass saying: wrong this wrong that, why? cos its wrong.

Best of Luck.

10. Isn't 2 mongoose enchants better than 1 berserk and 1 black magic? Mongoose gives rougly 0.2 atk speed reduce on the fast wep and 0.1 on the slow but if u have both weapons enchanted it cap proc 2x mongoose at once making it 0.4 on the slow weapon and 0.2 on the fast one (more with haste) + the buff stays longer than black magic and berserk and the agility gives 120 AP per proc (so it can go to 240 at once) and the Mongoose doesn't have cooldown cuz they proc at once obviously

PS: Please tell me what u think since I'm really committed to getting the most of what assassination can do and there aren't really much assa rogues around here... most ppl play combat and it's kinda more viable I'm hearing assa has many bugs but I wanna try and make it more viable (for me at least). Would appreciate some discussion.
    Also, what do u think about atk speed increase Meta socket?
    Edited: January 18, 2018

11. Double Berserking should be the way to go...

Going for way too much Haste is a big problem when it comes to Assasination rogues on this server. There is no need to go for more than 25% haste from gear and gems (as BiS ofc).
    After that u should try and work on perfect balance btwn Hit and Crit.
    It wont matter if u hit 1000 times in a minute if u hit with wet noodles.
    Attack Power and Armor Penetration also have a huge impact on ur overall DPS, and they should never be forgoten while trying to go for some redicilous amount of Haste.

I can post my new BiS list (since i got all the items for both Assasin and Combat gemming) and how i see u should balance ur stats with gems, in arround 8-9hours from now since im at work atm. :D

Best of luck untill than...
    U should check the other Assasination guides on this forums, since the more u know the better.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=360782
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=62664

12. Thanks, but isn't Assa main damage source from Instant Poison procs? or it falls off in end game gear?

13. Typically it's around 33% instant poison, 33% melee hits, 20% Envenom, and then deadly poison etc...

My rogue is pretty much BiS, I think I'm lacking either Sindy 25 hc neck or Fester 10hc. I use WFS Hc over TAJ hc after testing with both. I don't really raid much anymore, but last month I came back and did a couple Halion 25 hc's with Fade and was tying mages in physical realm / SM Fwars in shadow.

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

14. https://imgur.com/a/YCjjo
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

Melee will always be top dmg done.

As for trinkets:
    TaiaJ is great for constant DMG and longer fights where u are sticky to ur target,
    DBW is great for BURST, and in fights where Boss dies right after ur 2nd proc runs out of time.

Overall diference btwn these 2 trinkets wont be noticable.

Edit:
    Food is 40 hit, thats why it increases at some pics.
    U can use 20 agy food instead, when using TaiaJ, but i prefer the hit one anyway.
    Edited: January 18, 2018

15. Is going over 315 hit worth? or only on BIS gear for the white hits? Also how is DBW for Assa? Many ppl say it's trash for Assa and WFS is better for shorter fights or a lot of movement ones and TAJ is better for, as you said, long fights mainly on 1 target. So when do I take DBW over WFS?
    Edited: January 19, 2018

First ... 61415161718 ... Last