1. You wer never suposed to keep Rupture up 24/7.
    Rupture is done ONLY if you get a T10 4/5 proc, or during Overkill buff, or any time in combat where you have more energy than you can spend without overlaping Envenom buff.

For example, if you have 4 combo points on the target, 70 energy and 3 sec left on Envenom buff.
    U do Rupture here and continue doing Envenom spam.

2. Dont do rupture if that means losing envenom, keeping envom buff on you is far more important than dot from rupture, rupture is an energy/combo point dump when youve abundance of both.

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary that's my assa rogue, currently at 959 haste running 51/18/2 talents with envenom only rotation Ive a 95% uptime on envenom in raids, sometimes Ill get more energy and have to cut envenom but it's only during overkill and/or hero.
    Ive tried running rupture spec but ended up doing less dps on average, sometimes it'd be a bit higher but thats only when the procs aligned at the right time.
    Going to try it again once I get BiS or alteast close to it before that I dont think it'll outperform pure envenom simply because you dont generate enough energy to get any real uptime on rupture.

3. Either way, Rupture seems to be RNG reliant on other stuff, doing just Envenom seems to be easier and more consistent dps output.

My rogue: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

4. https://imgur.com/a/WkpK6dX 51/13/8
    https://imgur.com/a/Kg10tIh 51/18/2

Buffs used for the tests:
    Blessing of Kings, Mark of the Wild, Horn of Winter, Abomination Might, Icy Talons, Ret Aura for 3% Haste and DMG.
    Food buff was 40 haste.
    I DID NOT use Hunger for Blood, mainly since i didnt have the bleed effect on the target, and i didnt want to give Rupture spec that small advantage (8% dmg increase would affect both specs the same so nothing was lost).

All runs wer exactly 3minutes, as you can see that melee count is exactly the same every time.
    Only RNG that could affect the DMG was Berserking enchant uptime, which is noticeable on couple of attempts.

If you add 5% more crit, you can see that some of those crit % will be wasted which is essentially wasted talents aswell (notice how much normal hits in % wer done on all runs).
    DMG from Melee + Mutilate on both specs is almost exactly the same, so adding debuffs such as Sunder Armor, FF and Savage Combat, wont benefit one of them more than the other, same goes for all the other buffs and debuffs from my pov.
    The main difference would be made on Rupture by Mangle, but again, its not doing a lot of dmg to push that spec ahead for a lot.

As you can see, DMG is basically the same, BUT, if you get more energy in return, like you can see in the 51/13/8 2nd pic, your dmg jumps by a **** ton (i completely forgot to screenshot how much energy i got on those 51/18/2 attempts, and i wont have time to redo the tests today). Also notice that the best attempt of 51/18/2 was doing less DMG than the other two attempts of 51/13/8.
    Also, for 51/18/2 to do maximum amount of DMG you need to be sticky to your target 24/7.
    From my pov 51/13/8 shines more if you have to move away from your target and have down time, or if you have to switch targets, and especially on AoE where you have to FoK, where that extra energy from Relentless Strikes will come in handy.
    (NO, i dont mean the dps difference will be made by losing Poisons, OFC you should ALWAYS ENVENOM before u swap, what i am referring to is: down time = energy regen to full = more Mutilates and Envenoms when you reach your target again = more energy return for more Mutilates and Envenoms, ALSO, you are able to use Envenom and gain 25 energy in return for "buffed" FoK).

Overall, 51/13/8 gives you more options, where with 51/18/2 you are just an Auto Attack machine.
    This is the main reason why i prefer 51/13/8 and why i see it having greater potential if the rng is right (not lucky, and not unlucky).

Feel free to prove me wrong just like this, go on a dummy, do both specs couple of times (be objective), not by linking me some random ICC recounts where everything is RNG fiesta.
    Im not trying to invent hot watter, nor to look "smarter" than you, all i want is to find the most optimal spec for Assassination rogue, that can maybe push it in some 25m HC raids (rip dream).

P.S. All those Ruptures wer done without losing uptime on Envenom. In one of those attempts i didnt Rupture at all for the first 2 minutes cos of some bad RNG and no 4/5 T10 procs. Rupture is just a bonus when RNG gods give you lemons, where otherwise you would overlap Envenom buff and you would waste those 2 talent points in 15% run speed.

5. @vaelicious im curious what your dps is like single target? i play on lordaeron so comparing ICC is a bit different. how is your dps in 25 man voa though? also as Gnimo has mentioned before in his posts and i'll agree with, is switching targets the 51/13/7 seems to out perform greatly. how do you fair in fights where switching targets is a priority?

thanks for the info

here is a link to my rogue: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...daeron/summary
    Edited: March 7, 2019

6. There is an 17% chance for a spell attack to miss a level 83 Boss.
    (Poisons are regarded as spells!)
    Your hit cap is 315.
    If you wanna read more about rogue caps then click here.

Thanks for the guide, but this above is misleading.
    I gemmed 315 hit to later find out really only need 217.

It's highly unlikely there won't be any boomy or a spriest in your 10 or especially 25m raid.

7. You need far more than 217 hit rating especially at "best in slot" gear as Assassination rogue, regardless of how much the spell hit cap is.
    On top of that, on classes like Enha shaman and Assassin rogue, you want to cap spell hit without relying on Spriest or a Boomie in the raid for multiple reasons.

8. You need far more than 217 hit rating especially at "best in slot" gear as Assassination rogue, regardless of how much the spell hit cap is.
    On top of that, on classes like Enha shaman and Assassin rogue, you want to cap spell hit without relying on Spriest or a Boomie in the raid for multiple reasons.

I agree, but I was gearing Herald toon as an assasin, and just because it's a good idea to aim for 17% spell hit, it does not mean it's a CAP.

9. May 11, 2022  
    what is the mechanic behind shadowmeld from n8elf race and haste potion? can someone explain it, ty

10. May 11, 2022  
    You are dropping out of combat with it, allowing to use potion 3rd time (if you are prepotting)

11. Does someone consider that useing lungbreaker as mainhand?

12. June 5, 2023  
    Can anyone post thier BiS Assassin rouge video on a Sindy / LK 25HC?

13. July 1, 2023  
    Hi evrybody!!
    First of all, regarding Turn the Tables: it give chanche to critically hit with all combo moves.
    Is It meaning combo point generating (like Mutilate) or combo point finishing move (like Envenom)?

I'm considering to remove 2points from Cut of the Case (go fo 3/5) and put them to Turn the Tables (2/3).

Every Envenom refresh S&D to it maximum duration(20sec) and I noticed that in 20 sec of rotation i average go for 3 Envenom (with 4/5combo point). A 60% prob of refresh S&D is about 2 times every 3, so short of a series of unfortunate shots S&D will be always up. This for a 4% increased crit chanche for 8second (that's seems occour every time a parry/block/dodge occour, so can be potentially always up, or not?!)

What do you think about that?

First ... 10181920