1. Links updated. Report if there is any problems.

2. Sunwell is leeching bandwidth and listing the IP's directly bypassing this thread. Might need to change IP's soon.

Just one of their posts:

http://forum.sunwell.pl/viewtopic.php?t=3353

Also, 3 days ago the usage went up at least by 700% lol
    Edited: January 30, 2017

3. Does this download still work, and is it safe?

Don't really trust torrents and was seeing if this was the next thing to try.

4. Does this download still work, and is it safe?

Don't really trust torrents and was seeing if this was the next thing to try.
    Yes the links are working, no changes have been made to them since 11/11/2016. though it's not gonna be fast right now because people outside warmane community are using them as well right now, and there is only so much bandwidth my ****ty webserver can send.

Technically these are the exact same files zipped which you can find from the warmane frontpage. I'm an university student as well and our campus blocks bittorrent traffic, so I kinda setup backup location for myself and my friends. Eventually I decided to share it here for the people who also can't use bittorrent for a reason or another.

As for the trust, as I have said on page 1: I'm not in any way affiliated with Warmane and that means they won't be able to affect these links.

So technically you'd be trusting on my word that the clients/links listed on this thread are unmodified and safe.

Everyone interested however can easily verify the file consistency by comparing folder size (in bytes) between extracted clients on this thread and between the ones you can download with torrents from the main page. If there was a difference it likely would've been noticed by now.

Define "safe". These are the exact same files. The method of delivery is just different.

Bittorrent exposes your IP and connects you to a swarm of users that each send insane amounts of little chunks which your utorrent (or whatever client you use) combines the chunks and you'll have the WoW client.

Webserver just opens a direct HTTP connection with your web browser and the fact you are downloading a WoW client is not exposed to others (except to the webserver that serves the files directly to you.)

TL:DR
    Bittorrent is a circle of people and everyone can see each others.
    Webserver is a direct line between 2 persons, The server and your web browser. Nobody else is aware of the download.
    Edited: January 31, 2017

5. i just finished downloading this, and for some odd reason when i login with my credentials, it says updates are necessary, and then it says "patch failed. Press the restart button below to exit World of Warcraft and download the patch"

6. i just finished downloading this, and for some odd reason when i login with my credentials, it says updates are necessary, and then it says "patch failed. Press the restart button below to exit World of Warcraft and download the patch"

7. Finally a direct HTTP link to the whole client with good speeds. Thanks dude, currently downloading.

8. So a friend of mine downloaded the lich king one, and it's giving him the "Unable to connect, try again later. if the problem persists etc" I've had him screen shot the realmlist file and config files, both of them are exactly as they are on mine, and i can connect just fine.

9. So a friend of mine downloaded the lich king one, and it's giving him the "Unable to connect, try again later. if the problem persists etc" I've had him screen shot the realmlist file and config files, both of them are exactly as they are on mine, and i can connect just fine.
    I doubt it's anti-ddos or server side issue. Sounds like your friend has trouble resolving logon.warmane.com.

Try pinging logon.warmane.com

It's currently: 188.138.40.87

Ask your friend to change "set realmlist logon.warmane.com" to "set realmlist 188.138.40.87" and see if it bypasses the error. Eventually he has to change realmlist back to domain form since I doubt warmane will keep logonserver on the same IP forever, and after they change, he won't be able to connect without editing again.

If that fails too, then your friend is somehow blocking the wow.exe from connecting internet on his local computer or possibly has all ports closed on the router except the ones he (or his parents) has deliberately enabled, in that case consult the one who controls the router/home network.

10. I will have to do some maintenance on the mirror next monday. The links will probly go down for several hours.

All ongoing downloads will be interupted at that time and cannot be resumed.
    Edited: March 18, 2017

11. Im trying to logg in to Mop, ive done everything that they say, but when i try to logg in it says, "This account needs to be converted into a battle.net account" What should i do?

12. Im trying to logg in to Mop, ive done everything that they say, but when i try to logg in it says, "This account needs to be converted into a battle.net account" What should i do?
    Login with your Warmane username. Do not use email to login even when it asks for it.

Your username is: "Revv", use that.

Private servers do not use email schema as login names like the retail WoW does for some odd reason.
    Edited: March 20, 2017

13. Thanks for doing this I appreciate your work.

I dont wanna seem ungrateful but objectively speaking wouldn't it be more feasible for both you and the persons downloading to have the files located on Google Drive since the web server seems to not go over 1MBps. A point to mention is that my ISP does not limit my internet connection I tried both 80 and 8080 port downloads which should mimic the result if it were restricted but it maxed out my internet connection as apposed to the web server you host the files on.

Once again, thank you for your work I do appreciate your efforts and my intentions are not to undermine you just a humble suggestion

Define "safe". These are the exact same files. The method of delivery is just different.
    I think what this person is referring to is are the files "Safe" in terms of viruses/spyware for fear of his account getting stolen.

Also I'd like to know if the RAM and VRAM patches fix the FPS drops in-game in areas like Dalaran on systems that can definitely run WoW Wotlk on Ultra fine?
    Edited: March 21, 2017

14. Thanks for doing this I appreciate your work.
    Not really my work.. All I did was mirrored these files online.

I dont wanna seem ungrateful but objectively speaking wouldn't it be more feasible for both you and the persons downloading to have the files located on Google Drive
    Sure, why don't you try it? Remember to report back on how quickly you'll get a DMCA takedown.

Since the web server seems to not go over 1MBps.
    The webserver has anywhere from 3 to 25+ concurrent downloaders at all times.. also consider the distance and routing you might have to the webserver. Besides, there's only so much traffic a 100Mbps server can send anyway.. And it's not helping the case when people spread the links outside this community causing another private server to hotlink directly on it bypassing even this thread. I could increase the speeds by 100Mbps but I don't feel like paying more cause I get nothing out of this anyway.

I tried both 80 and 8080 port
    It only works with HTTP/TCP 80 over IPv4 network (IPv6 not supported).

Once again, thank you for your work I do appreciate your efforts and my intentions are not to undermine you just a humble suggestion
    It's fine. Don't expect too much from a free service though.. Bandwidth is costly. I don't get any benefits even from Warmane for keeping this up, so if someone is unhappy, he will be free to use torrents which is the preferred/suggested method to begin with. This is just a backup line to get the game client for those that can't use torrents.

I think what this person is referring to is are the files "Safe" in terms of viruses/spyware for fear of his account getting stolen.
    Of course, which is why I find the question odd since I'm just another dude on the internet and could easily be lying about the safety.. There's no point asking.. Just check other people's replies on this thread and judge yourself if you should download or not.

Peace :)
    Edited: March 21, 2017

First 1234513 ... Last