1. Wat, I need a good reputation on forums, I never abused anything and I'm really happy they fixed that bug
    It's not like when it was bugged I ever used 4k block value without shield block to oneshot people in bgs. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2. Wat, I need a good reputation on forums, I never abused anything and I'm really happy they fixed that bug
    It's not like when it was bugged I ever used 4k block value without shield block to oneshot people in bgs. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    me neither :^)

3. Going 0 resilience is stupid, unless you play 2s with a holy paladin.
    Im speaking about arena here since battlegrounds and duels are.. yeah, irrelevant.
    You want to get s8 legs/chest/head, you will still be able to maintain high ammount of arp while running around with 500-ish resilience.

I mean that gear setup is alright, but it's an overkill, you are basically sacrificing even that little resilience prot runs for even more dmg which is not neccessary, especially here with all the 277/284 gear.

4. Going 0 resilience is stupid, unless you play 2s with a holy paladin.
    Im speaking about arena here since battlegrounds and duels are.. yeah, irrelevant.
    You want to get s8 legs/chest/head, you will still be able to maintain high ammount of arp while running around with 500-ish resilience.

I mean that gear setup is alright, but it's an overkill, you are basically sacrificing even that little resilience prot runs for even more dmg which is not neccessary, especially here with all the 277/284 gear.
    To be honest, hpala is the only viable healer on molten, priest is somehow good too, but meh.

And yea, you do need resil, I tried running with 0 resil and I got critted by a warlock 15.7k.
    With 1k resi, as arms, same warlock critted me 10.8k

5. To be honest, hpala is the only viable healer on molten, priest is somehow good too, but meh.

And yea, you do need resil, I tried running with 0 resil and I got critted by a warlock 15.7k.
    With 1k resi, as arms, same warlock critted me 10.8k
    I seriously see no reason to play prot over arms in 2s unless you are sniping something like sp/rogue or sp/mage, but even if you do that, you want to have arond 500 resilience, the thing you mentioned will happen otherwise, you'll die in a stun.
    Just stick to 3s if you play prot, it's much better.

Or if you're a battleground hero or a roleplaying ******... play that, it's 21st century people have their preferences I guess.

6. I seriously see no reason to play prot over arms in 2s unless you are sniping something like sp/rogue or sp/mage, but even if you do that, you want to have arond 500 resilience, the thing you mentioned will happen otherwise, you'll die in a stun.
    Just stick to 3s if you play prot, it's much better.

Or if you're a battleground hero or a roleplaying ******... play that, it's 21st century people have their preferences I guess.
    Yea, I'm playing arms now.

7. Im more confused now then ever about making a great PVP prot war...

8. Im more confused now then ever about making a great PVP prot war...
    It's great in 3s for its utility. You can play it in 2s with a dps with an ms effect otherwise its a dodge or loss against a lot of comps. Just remember the spec is not supposed to have a one shot mindset.

9. Na, that's not true, a 70 could never get even close to 24k, maybe 18k with berserking buff.

Right now, you can still crit 9-10k as 70, so the difference is not that high.

I remember I could beat 6,9k(Pve geared) paladins, warrs and dks pretty easy on my 70.
    I won against many other classes that were 6.4k+ gs.

It was indeed broken as **** and I'm glad they fixed it.

My 80 critted 34k without berserking buff.
    Are you trying to say that attack power affects shield slam damage? O.o

10. Are you trying to say that attack power affects shield slam damage? O.o
    He's talking about this.

11. So after seeing peoples differing opinion regarding BV caps...

This report needs some more details as to how the ability should interact with Block Value. The hard block cap has been introduced intentionally, as can be seen here: http://bugtracker.molten-wow.com/issues/292

From the patch notes (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/3-2-0) the block cap seems to have a soft cap of 30*player_level, or 2400 at 80, and a hard cap of 34.5*player_level, or 2670 at 80 .
    From the following patch (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/3-3-2) it seems diminishing returns should start has been lowered to 24.5*80=1960, and cap raised to 39.5*80=3160.

David wrote:

What actually did happen: BV does not seem to affect shieldslam damage at all. When i remove my BV gear the Shield slam damage decreases only very slightly (due to the loss of attack power from lesser STR and AP (armed to teeth)) though a loss of 1k BV SHOULD decrease shield slam damage a lot which it doesnt.

Shield Slam does not benefit from Attack power, just block value.
    From the brutal DR implemented in patch 3.3.2, getting very little damage increase from BV after 1960 to the hard cap is intended.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/9...be-01-28-2010/

Without any extra modifiers:
    Average damage at soft cap of 1960 would be: [(990+1040)/2+1960] = 2975
    Average damage at hard cap of 3160 would be: [(990+1040)/2+2072] = 3087
    The only thing that seems like it should by-pass this cap would be shield block.
    http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...ut-shield-slam

Assuming that shield block doubles the soft cap to 3920, hard cap to 6320 and at the hard cap the ability behaves as if the player had 4144 block value. http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...e-cap-post-3.3
    With shield block active:
    Average damage at soft cap of 1960 would be: [(990+1040)/2+1960*2] = 4935
    Average damage at hard cap of 3160 would be: [(990+1040)/2+2072*2] = 5159
    This is all before any damage modifiers gear&talents come into play, and there is also armor/resil to account for.

12. so therefore... 1960 BV is what should be aimed for, as more does little where ARP/Crit would be more beneficial

13. So after reading this guide, figuring out that 1960 BV is optimum, and that 400-500 resilience is needed (Thanks Noxious)... thenFull BiS Gear would be:

Head: Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Helm
    Chest: Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece
    Hands: ???
    Legs: Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Legguards
    Shoulders: ???
    Neck: Penumbra Pendant (Heroic)
    Back: Vereesa's Dexterity (Heroic)
    Wrists: Toskk's Maximized Wristguards (Heroic)
    Waist: Coldwraith Links (Heroic)
    Feet: Blood-soaked Saronite stompers
    Rings: Frostbrood Sapphire Ring (Heroic) + Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance
    Trinkets (Human) : Deathbringer's Will (Heroic) + Sharpened Twilight Scale (Heroic)
    Trinkets (Horde) : Sharpened Twilight Scale (Heroic) + Pvp Trinket
    1H weapon: Bloodvenom Blade
    Shield: Icecrown Glacial Wall
    Thrown: Fal'inrush, Defender of Quel'thalas

Is this right?

My questions then would be are 2t10 dps better or 2t10 def better?

Also DBW better than CTS if horde?

Seen a number of Pvp Prot warriors rolling with Heroic Advance, Might of Blight... Im assuming your list is superior?

Yes I am very knew to Prot PvP :P

14. 500 or 0 resi u will still get wrecked by warlocks and eles if they get a cast on you. Good prot warrior can completely lock down any caster and take 0 dmg from them.

+Disc/prot is a nice comp )

First 1234 ... Last