1. Neltharion Global Channel Statistics

Greetings everyone!

This is a continuation of my Warsong Global Channel Statistics

You should really go read through the original thread, but I'll still quote the important bits and change them to be more accurate for Neltharion.

Hi there everyone. You probably know me by one of many names here on Neltharion. Comcast, Moot, Usa, Fourchan, Verizon, etc

I'm an avid programmer, it's both a hobby and profession for me. Recently I've started getting into addon development for WoW again. It's been awhile since I last played around with it, and this is my first "real" project.

I've been gathering data from the Global channel on Netharion. Every time someone said something I'd pick apart what they said and gather info for each individual word. I have overall-said data, and user-specific data. So essentially, if you've talked in Global while I was collecting data, you're apart of this experiment.

I've found some neat data I thought I'd share with you guys.
    A few notes:
    • The data is character-specific, not account specific. This means that if you have many characters, all of their information will be tracked separately.
    • Some words have been filtered out due to their high frequency (if, and, i, the, etc..)
    • All words have been converted to lowercase.
    • Punctuation has been removed.
    • Non-english characters have been removed
    Some important things to note about the Neltharion data:
    • Because there is no (real) chat filter, you'll see that a few of the top-chatters have only 10 or so unique words. This is because they just flooded the chat many times with the same message and then never spoke again. It'd be too messy and tedious to fix this after the fact, so instead I'm going to adjust the addon to account for this
    • Data has only been collected for ~1 week on and off. Mostly prime USA hours, so our European friends probably won't be represented very well.
    • Only the data from the Alliance global was recorded. I may expand to include Horde data sometime in the future.
    • You'll sometimes see really long strings of letters/numbers, this is what it looks like when people link items/achievements in chat.

Hello!

It's been awhile since I updated this thread. I haven't been playing very much, so I can't say that this data is 100% accurate for the time I was gone, I thought I'd share it with you anyway.

So, as for global chat. We're noticing something different after moving to a pve/pvp realm from a pure pvp realm. Lots of people are "lf" things. Seriously, lots of people are looking for things in global. Here's what the picture for global data looks like:

An image like that doesn't really do it justice, because all words are scaled relative.

Code:
    Word       Count

lf         24014
    lfm        9712
    lfg        437
    That's a lot of people looking for stuff. Let's re-render the global data without those 3 phrases.

That's quite the difference. Probably best that we exclude those words from now on.

So here's the top 10 player data (Excluding lf, lfm, lfg)

Please note that people who spam the same message many times will end up in this list, but really shouldn't. I'll look into adding exceptions for this in the future.

Cannot with 512 messages sent.
    Spoiler: Show

Divinatus with 433 messages sent.

Zekin with 412 messages sent.

Nb with 373 messages sent.

Supreme with 310 messages sent.

Talat with 296 messages sent.

Konahriik with 293 messages sent.

Deathull with 270 messages sent.

Judgman with 249 messages sent.

Bloodyhealzz with 241 messages sent.

As always, any custom requests are welcomed. Any of the data make you curious about something else? Feel free to ask! I can do a lot of stuff with the data I have. Anything from just getting the data for your players to figuring out who spoke another person's name the most in global and compare that to who is most talked about.

Requests

Data for Nanler, Karatekid, and Diggles

Past Data

February 12th, 2015:

So then, let's get started.

Data from Tuesday, February 2nd - Tuesday, February 10th

Overall Word data

As you can see, Global is primarily being used as a way to get PvE groups together. While this is quite the change from our old Warsong data, it's completely expected.

Top 10 most active Global chatters listed in descending order

Cannot with 520 messages sent.

Duskrider with 377 messages sent.

Karmia with 292 messages sent.

Judgman with 279 messages sent.

Poltit with 229 messages sent.

Mpala with 222 messages sent.

Breno with 218 messages sent.

Taylorswift with 197 messages sent.

Soer with 185 messages sent.

Xen with 184 messages sent.

If you're in the top-10 and would like for some of your alts' data to be included in the picture, just let me know and I'll update it when I can.
    As always, I'll take any requests for specific data.
    • Maybe for your characters (I can make a cloud with the data from all of your characters combined)
    • Which class is mentioned the most in Global?
    • How many times someone has mentioned your name?
    • Who mentioned your name the most?
    • Maybe you'd like to see the data in a pie chart, or a bar graph?
    • Want to take a peek at the raw data?

Just make a post here asking, send me a forum message, or contact me in-game. I'd be more than happy to whip something up for you.

Thanks for reading, guys! I'll be sure to update the data periodically, and we should start seeing some more interesting stuff when I implement a fair way for the addon to recognize spam.

Edited: July 1, 2015

2. I lol'd when I saw my alt there. I even see the realm first achievement. GGWP nox number one

3. Hi! So glad to see you doing this again! Cannot's sheet is hilarious, much love to our america-hater <3 Can I request a sheet for my character Zneek and also characters Nanler and Divinatus? Would be great and hilarious, thanks in advance!

4. Hi! So glad to see you doing this again! Cannot's sheet is hilarious, much love to our america-hater <3 Can I request a sheet for my character Zneek and also characters Nanler and Divinatus? Would be great and hilarious, thanks in advance!
    Hello!

Happy to hear you enjoyed the post, thanks!

Data for Zneek

Data for Nanler ( I know he has other toons, so I'll add those in once I find the names of all of them)

Data for Divinatus

5. July 1, 2015  

Chat Stats update 5-30-15

Hello!

It's been awhile since I updated this thread. I haven't been playing very much, so I can't say that this data is 100% accurate for the time I was gone, I thought I'd share it with you anyway.

So, as for global chat. We're noticing something different after moving to a pve/pvp realm from a pure pvp realm. Lots of people are "lf" things. Seriously, lots of people are looking for things in global. Here's what the picture for global data looks like:

An image like that doesn't really do it justice, because all words are scaled relative.

Code:
    Word       Count

lf         24014
    lfm        9712
    lfg        437
    That's a lot of people looking for stuff. Let's re-render the global data without those 3 phrases.

That's quite the difference. Probably best that we exclude those words from now on.

So here's the top 10 player data (Excluding lf, lfm, lfg)

Please note that people who spam the same message many times will end up in this list, but really shouldn't. I'll look into adding exceptions for this in the future.

Cannot with 512 messages sent.

Divinatus with 433 messages sent.

Zekin with 412 messages sent.

Nb with 373 messages sent.

Supreme with 310 messages sent.

Talat with 296 messages sent.

Konahriik with 293 messages sent.

Deathull with 270 messages sent.

Judgman with 249 messages sent.

Bloodyhealzz with 241 messages sent.

As always, any custom requests are welcomed. Any of the data make you curious about something else? Feel free to ask! I can do a lot of stuff with the data I have. Anything from just getting the data for your players to figuring out who spoke another person's name the most in global and compare that to who is most talked about.

6. July 1, 2015  
    As requested, data for Nanler, Karatekid, and Diggles