1. Ban'thalos camping guide.

*MoP UPDATE: Ban'thalos' timer got fixed along with the spawn point fix, he is spawning every 12 hours, you all shall thank me for this cuz i reported the issue! This thread will be updated soon with a brand new info! Stay tuned!

*Thead UPDATE: In less than a month, this thread will be updated with new information now that his spawn timer and spawn point is fixed. Though I updated the description early so you all can know his respawn timer. Here is a video on how it patrols and how to tame him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKJ_1PG-s3g

Ban'thalos Camping Guide

-Ban'thalos is a rare spawn Spirit Beast Owl that spawns every 12 hours with an additional 1 second to 5 minutes in Mount Hyjal, Kalimdor. He is one of the most popular spirit beasts that has cool effects on his body. This gorgeous owl is popular due to his glimmering body and his spectacular wings that leaves bright glimmering light everytime it flaps it's wings. This Spirit Owl is good for PvP due to some players get easily distracted and attracted to his wings when in combat. Please keep in mind: He is a challenging spirit beast to tame due to very high height but sometimes spawns messy and ends up sometime reaching the ground.

ATTENTION: The information below is wrong because it's old and will be updated in a month or less.

Guide:

-Here you see the map of Ban'thalos patrol path. He spawns at the exact center of Sanctuary of Malorne and he will speed up fast towards the hill once he takes his leave from his spawn point and he will quickly go inside the hill at The Flamewake and he will slowly move down and stays there inside the hill for a few seconds til he gets out, then continues to patrol to another hill near Blazewing 's spawn point and slowly moves down and takes a couple of seconds to get out in Cataclysm Realms meanwhile in Mists of Pandaria Realms he will fly over the hill, after he gets out he will patrol the whole Blazewing 's patrol path on very low height with 60% flying speed then flies up and makes his U-turn at the end of the path to make his return to Sanctuary of Malorne, then it will fly passing through The Regrowth passing by Magria's & Ankha's spawn points then he turns around near the Molten Front portal and returns to Sanctuary of Malorne and repeats it's routine again.

How to tame Ban'thalos
    :

-Always camp him in Sanctuary of Malorne which he will always spawn there from the start. Be sure to act quick right when he spawns, you got 8 seconds to drag him down in Sanctuary of Malorne. Hit him with your Tranquilizing Shot spell to attract his attention, then use Disengage spell when you're close to landing on ground, then start your Tame Beast spell. Or else you can simply get the slow fall bonus stat from Engineering profession and attach it to your cape and put your cape in your Action Bar.

If he left the Sanctuary of Malorne don't get nervous and rush to that hill at The Flamewake and hit him with your Tranquilizing Shot spell from there and continue hitting it til he approaches to you if hes inside the hill. If you spotted him patroling in the Blazewing 's patrol path make sure to land in front of him facing at you and use
    Tranquilizing Shot spell to stop him from patroling and then start your Tame Beast spell.

For more TIPS on how to tame Ban'thalos by dragging him down click this link, this is a very excellent video that teaches you many ways of taming Ban'thalos, this video is well-explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Um0QU7tLyw Please keep in mind that Ban'thalos does not patrol in circles around Sanctuary of Malorne in Warmane server.

Additional Information & TIPS:

~You don't need to do any of the Mount Hyjal quest chains, in Warmane he doesn't require anything, he will still spawn anyways.

~He flies from 20% to 200% flight speed when he patrols in Mists of Pandaria realms and he flies 20% to 100% flight speed when he patrols in Cataclysm realms.

~At the moment, never use Deterrence spell while trying to tame Ban'thalos because it's bugged, it won't allow you to tame while
    Deterrence. (Only in Mists of Pandaria realms)

~
    Do not forget to turn off your Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack, you might regret it and might lose Ban'thalos especially when you in Blazewing's patrol path.

~
    Don't ever kill Ban'thalos if you see him being under a tame process with a player. If that player is the opposite faction, kill the player and try winning over it, if the player is the same faction, the least you can do is try to CC or drag Ban'thalos away from the player (or just use Scare Beast spell to try your luck to get it far from the player which may interrupt his
    Tame Beast spell). Or else you can just be nice and let the winner get it since he/she was fast enough to get him. This idea prevents increasing competition.

Note: If you are killing the player with your hunter pet, make sure you have your pet set on Assist. Having it on Defensive mode might kill Ban'thalos if you had already tagged him in the first place. Also make sure if you do not have any bonus stat in one of your gears that can do AoE damage, this might kill Ban'thalos if it's near you so remove or replace the gear to a safer gear.

~Have Glyph of Tame Beast on you, so you can tame him fast within 4 seconds. (Only in Mists of Pandaria realms)

Screenshots + Short Videos of untamed Ban'thalos:

Video of Ban'thalos spawning & leaving Sanctuary of Malorne:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPRQK459qDM

Ban'thalos leaving the hill near Sanctuary of Malorne:
    Spoiler: Show

Ban'thalos patroling, heading towards Blazewing's patrol path:

Ban'thalos attacking a player on the hill near between Magria's and Blazewing's spawn points:

Ban'thalos killed at the hill near between Magria's and Blazewing's spawn points:

(Note: A level 84 horde shaman killed it before i spotted it)

Ban'thalos' current bugs:

Mists of Pandaria:

Ban'thalos ' movement speed is very slow in combat after being tamed. (Has been fixed and applied.)

Cataclysm:

Ban'thalos ' is immune to CCs and other stoppable effects after being tamed. NOTE: Some certain spells might not immune him

P.S All screenshots posted here was officially taken by Pixiekins from realm Sargeras. The video of Ban'thalos spawning was officially taken by Lykus (from forums)

This guide is currently working on the following realms:

-Neltharion

-Frostwolf

-Sargeras

Ban'thalos' Current Temporary Timers:

Neltharion: Currently spawning every 18 days

Frostwolf: Currently spawning every 48 hours to 4 days

Sargeras: Currently spawning every 2-3 days

Note: These temporary timers will be updated bit often without warning and hunters are advised to check these temporary timers regularly if willing to know the current temporary spawning timer of Ban'thalos.

Happy Taming!

Edited: May 20, 2015 Reason: Update note and Description

2. yea right! i gave up long back -.- nice guide btw!! cheers :D

3. You should get all yor guides in one instead of making 1000 guides. Just saying :P

4. You should get all yor guides in one instead of making 1000 guides. Just saying :P
    Nah nty, this is Banthalos guiide, not alll spirit beast guide, i put guides separated and organized and neat :) dont know what ur talking about 1k guides cuz this is a 3rd guide of a different spirit beast :)

5. Ty, hyal is my next destination in searching for beasts so this is more then helpfull :)

6. WTB Speed fix ASAP
    I already had report an issue about his movement speed in bugtracker :)

7. I already had report an issue about his movement speed in bugtracker :)
    <3
    Can you please link the case, for I had no luck finding it.

8. Congrats to Ivy from realm Sargeras, she tamed Banthalos at 4:41am server time! He spawned at sanctuary then patroled all the way to the hill near magria spawns and Blazewing spawns, i took my time to screenshot all i can! Enjoy! :D

9. Update

Added new screenshots and 1 additional info in this guide. Enjoy ;D

10. I have camp 8 days but i never see bantha
    please tell me if its bugged
    IM At Neltharion Nickname Yunogasai

11. I have camp 8 days but i never see bantha
    please tell me if its bugged
    IM At Neltharion Nickname Yunogasai
    have you camped straight 8 days as in not sleeping properly?

12. have you camped straight 8 days as in not sleeping properly?
    LOL no i have to sleep 6 hour every day and camped 18 hour but i never saw him. I Only saw Ankha

13. LOL no i have to sleep 6 hour every day and camped 18 hour but i never saw him. I Only saw Ankha
    And what if it spawned while u were sleeping,that's problem abt camping! :D

14. And what if it spawned while u were sleeping,that's problem abt camping! :D
    Only one player have bantha in Neltharion. He is Mistle. he got bantha 2 week agi:)

12311 ... Last