1. If you hold Shift it will force an update and show the spec.

Open the following file: ElvUI\modules\unitframes\units\player.lua
    Add this below line 14: frame.Power.frequentUpdates = true;
    Then, open: ElvUI\modules\unitframes\elements\power.lua
    and add this bellowing line 26: power.value.frequentUpdates = true;

That should make it quite a bit faster :)

If you want even faster power updates, open this file: ElvUI\libs\oUF\elements\tags.lua
    and change line 602 into: timer = .1
    Honestly didn't expect a response to this... Thank you! Trying it out now :)

I do a bit of programming/scripting stuff, had a look through the LUA files and completely missed all of this... Time to re-assess my careerpath! ;)

EDIT

You're a genius. Thank you!
    Edited: June 21, 2015

2. You're a genius. Thank you!
    No problem man :D I had the same issue on my kitty so I took some time to figure out a fix, glad I could help someone

3. Definitely helped! I spent a few hours (yes, hours...) lining up Pitbull frames over the top of the ElvUI frames, so I could still use the ElvUI auras/bars etc and it just wasn't as good...

Working on translating it at the moment - and learning Git along the way - my favourite translation so far is Чернокнижник, which is Warlock. Literal translation (according to Google, anyway) is "Practitioner of Black Magic". :D

4. Awesome work with this, really! Just one question I have, I'm playing a hunter and I can't find my pet's happiness anywhere, nor an option to change where it is or how it shows. Could I get some feedback on this please? It's a bit annoying since I can possibly lose my pet, not to mention the 50% damage buff I'd get with him happy.

5. Hey I was wondering, is there a way to make CAT FORM / BEAR FORM show current mana aswell as the energy so I can know how much mana I have to work with? :) Ty

6. Do I install this like a regular addon? It doesn't show up at all in game or on the addon select in character screen

7. Don't put the master part or w/e in, double click that first then put both the elv folders in :D

8. Hi i wanted to edit all player/ target/ ToT unit frames with vertical orientation and castbasrs clamped to HP bar.. But cant find any options for that. is there any scripting stuff for that. or where im supposed to edit for doing that.
    Thanks

9. If you hold Shift it will force an update and show the spec.

Open the following file: ElvUI\modules\unitframes\units\player.lua
    Add this below line 14: frame.Power.frequentUpdates = true;
    Then, open: ElvUI\modules\unitframes\elements\power.lua
    and add this bellowing line 26: power.value.frequentUpdates = true;

That should make it quite a bit faster :)

If you want even faster power updates, open this file: ElvUI\libs\oUF\elements\tags.lua
    and change line 602 into: timer = .1
    Any idea how to make it work for rogues?

10. Hey. I'm unable to move any of the anchors. I click on toggle anchors and none of the frames appear to be moved. Any help?

11. awesome work, thx a lot for all team. Constantly update it's really appreciated.

12. This is sooo amazing! I am using ElvUI in retail and really missed it when I startet on a private WOTLK server, thank you SO much!

Is there any chance of a backport of the extra actionbar plugin for ElvUI? : http://www.curse.com/addons/Elvui-oneextraactionbar

I tried installing the retail version and the backportet ElvUi recognizes it in the plugin settings, but it will not show the extra action bars.

Thanks in advance and thank you Again for this wonderfull backport :)

Kind regards

13. If you're using wotlk client in other language, like german, french, spanish etc, and you want elvui in this language, follow this steps :

open the wow folder, find :
    Code:
    \interfaces\addons\Elvui\locales
    next, open
    Code:
    load_locales.xml
    file :

Code:
    <Ui xmlns="http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ui/">	
    	<Script file="english.lua"/>
    	<Script file="russian.lua"/>
    	</Ui>
    add before
    Code:
    </Ui>
    :

Code:
    <Script file="xxxx.lua"/>
    where "xxxx" represent your language file, before, check in the present folder if your language pack exist.

enjoy.

14. If you're using wotlk client in other language, like german, french, spanish etc, and you want elvui in this language, follow this steps :

open the wow folder, find :
    Code:
    \interfaces\addons\Elvui\locales
    next, open
    Code:
    load_locales.xml
    file :

Code:
    <Ui xmlns="http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ui/">	
    	<Script file="english.lua"/>
    	<Script file="russian.lua"/>
    	</Ui>
    add before
    Code:
    </Ui>
    :

Code:
    <Script file="xxxx.lua"/>
    where "xxxx" represent your language file, before, check in the present folder if your language pack exist.

enjoy.
    Funny that you say this, Bunny67 just happened (about 3 hours ago) to port over all the languages over on the GitHub repo. Thanks for the short tutorial though! :)

First 123412 ... Last