View Poll Results: What gear system do you want?

Voters
604. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 season

357 59.11%
  • 2 season

247 40.89%
  1. Starting with 2 seasons sounds better for me

gives reasons to do some bgs aswell

2. Guys wtf why are you voting for season 1.. the 2 one will be better!

3. Wtf

I think Season 2 is way better then Season 1.

4. Season 1 all the way u people really need to change ur lifestyle :)

5. People who vote season 2 are usually donors and like farming low geared players in bgs (not all, but most).

Bringing the 1 season difference will make arenas with multiple chars possible. Which adds more variety of comps in arenas. I definetely like it.

6. People who vote season 2 are usually donors and like farming low geared players in bgs (not all, but most).

Bringing the 1 season difference will make arenas with multiple chars possible. Which adds more variety of comps in arenas. I definetely like it.
    It's not that we like to "farm" them in bgs. some of us actually enjoy playing the battlegrounds and don't want them to completely die out because there's no incentive to doing it.

7. It's not that we like to "farm" them in bgs. some of us actually enjoy playing the battlegrounds and don't want them to completely die out because there's no incentive to doing it.
    There actually is, since bg's grant conquest.
    Also note, a server with (probably) 3.5k population will ALWAYS have bg queue.
    That's also what makes molten so special, it gives you this retail-like feel due to the big community and the ammount of newbs.

8. Also note, a server with (probably) 3.5k population will ALWAYS have bg queue.
    I hate to break it to you, but warsong didn't have 3.5k people online. on it's deathbed, it had <1k population steady.
    Sometimes it got low enough that the website assumed it was in a crash phase, and said "unavailable".

9. People are so lazy to work for their gear..

10. Half Cata/half Ruthless gear for characters created in the first month as a 1300% justified nobrainer way of administration saying "we're sorry that our internal company struggles costed months/years of your time gearing your characters that got deleted". After that, starter gear: vicious, honor gear: ruthless, arena gear: cataclysmic, as it was before.

11. It's not that we like to "farm" them in bgs. some of us actually enjoy playing the battlegrounds and don't want them to completely die out because there's no incentive to doing it.
    Problem with having to require bgs is that you also have to address faction balance so bg queues aren't complete ****.

12. I would also prefer Season 2 because you have more fun and it needs more time to get full geared :-)

13. Problem with having to require bgs is that you also have to address faction balance so bg queues aren't complete ****.
    Already did:
    Cross-Faction Groups and Queue based on party leader's parent faction.

14. Spoiler: Show
    Alright.

I deeply think that there should be some progression to be had from battlegrounds (honor) only. But there also shouldn't be such a gear gap that jumping into arenas outright is suicide.

------------------

Here's all the ilvls of gear in cataclysm for PvP gear (excluding weapons) :

Crafted Bloodied*: 339
    S9 Bloodthirsty : 352
    Crafted Bloodthirsty*: 358
    S9 Vicious : 365
    S10 Vicious : 371
    Crafted Vicious*: 377
    S10 Ruthless : 384
    S11 Ruthless : 390
    S11 Cataclysmic : 403

*Crafted items lack PvP set bonuses, and thus one still needs to wear at least a 4-set of a season's gear to be properly viable. They also do not cover trinkets/weapons.

-----------------

Now, here's what the old Warsong offered :

Starter :
    S9 Vicious : 365
    Crafted Vicious*: 377

Honor :
    S11 Ruthless : 390

Conquest:
    S11 Cataclysmic : 403

So we have 365/377 mix* (remember the 4-set thing and trinkets) against 403, which was mildly ridicoulous, nevermind if you added season elite/DS HC weapons/DS HC trinkets on the 403.

*Also assuming you knew how to gear yourself and checked for everything available to you, which many didn't.

So very obviously, the season gear needs to be changed. Either S10 Vicious or S10 Ruthless, and keep the Crafted Vicious available.

-------------------

Now, weapons.

Weapons are the most important piece of gear for just about every class, due to the massive spell power boost they give for caster or the weapon damage which abilities are based on for melle. The ilvl of weapons for PvP is taken from PvE weaponry, for the most part.

Here's what's available :

Bloodthirsty : 346
    Vicious : 359
    Vicious Elite : 372
    Ruthless : 378
    Ruthless Elite : 391
    Cataclysmic : 397
    Cataclysmic Elite : 410

Players on the old Warsong started with Vicious (359). You needed to get a Season Total Earned of 7250 honor or 7850 conquest to replace that, and that total reseted every season, so if you only played on and off too much, you could end up full Cataclysmic but stuck with Vicious weapons (which did happen to me on an alt -.-)

Vicious Elite (372) starter weaponry would keep progression, but be much more fair. Or possibly Ruthless for starter, but make Ruthless Elite available for Honor.

--------------------

My suggestion?

S10 Ruthless armor (384) + Vicious Elite weapons (372) starter. Then usual Blizzlike stuff for honor and conquest. Keeps a good progression from honor only, but does not make you obsolete against full cataclysmic should you choose to jump into arenas immediatly. But that's my opinion. Feel free to say what you feel should be offered for starter/honor/conquest out of that list of ilvls.

Heck, a possible option could even be to not make ANY cataclysmic/Dragon Soul stuff available AT ALL, and make Ruthless the conquest gear (Full on S10).

(Also if someone could suggest some additional formatting/colors/whatever for me to edit in this post, I suck at that.)

If option two wins, i happen to like this idea very much.

15. I guess you are wotlk minded and you don't recognize you can make it HALF season difference. Such as 390-403 gear instead 384-403 like it was always on AT.

IF you do really want make it such stupid progressive realm, make it 384 - 390 - 403

First ... 45678 ... Last