View Poll Results: What gear system do you want?

Voters
604. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 season

357 59.11%
  • 2 season

247 40.89%
  1. I hate to break it to you, but warsong didn't have 3.5k people online. on it's deathbed, it had <1k population steady.
    Sometimes it got low enough that the website assumed it was in a crash phase, and said "unavailable".
    Together with AT's conmunity and some of MoP players that want to play an active arena season in the 3v3 bracket i hope to see the queues again.

2. Ya'll guys need jesus man! 1 Season difference is the only possible option.

3. Ya'll guys need jesus man! 1 Season difference is the only possible option.

Wasn't really hard even with 2 season difference...but oh well. It'll just be easier with Ruth.

4. a

2nd. 100%
    Please when will be warsong playable about?
    Thank you for answer.

5. Wasn't really hard even with 2 season difference...but oh well. It'll just be easier with Ruth.
    it wasnt hard because alot of the people who did arenas, were "bad" or only played for cap. but try fighting AT glads who are in s11 and really wanna go rank 1 this time (lets say 6 months after server launch) and ur in s9 ? its not gonna go so well lol thats why the AT realms always started you off 1 season difference (that and it mimic'd the pvp system from retail were the hardcore pvpers were always starting in the previous set from the last season).

there were times on blackrock (pre molten) were a guy had massive problems in rele grade gear just because he didnt have the dmg he needed (or in most cases, bauble for healers as it kind of is required for high end pvp as a healer in s8) imagine that in furious dear god XD

6. Season 1, would kill battlegrounds.

7. Season 1 without a doubt.
    God dammit, bg's are a waste of time, just make it the same as it was in AT, do not ruin this. :c

8. If the hype is real , bgs will still work , don't worry about that , and don't forget that bgs are cross faction , to start a WSG , you need 20ppl , faction doesn't matter .

9. 2nd seems better for a competitive pvp server but is arena is unfair on those with starter gear. 1st is fairer on starters but makes for less competitiion and overall less fun to go through.
    I vote for 2nd

10. Undoubtedly my vote goes, for AT's way of setting up starter/conquest gear, a.k.a Option №1. I've played on enough 4.3 servers including Warsong before it got shut down, to assure you that the gap between vicious no matter whether it's s9 or crafted and cataclysmic is crucial to gameplay in that patch, especially as far as it concerns PvP. There comes a point during the season where if you've just started playing and you're trying to get gear it's almost impossible to get it through arenas, therefore the BGs option comes handy, especially for people who're not into arenas, but let's get back to my previous statement, just to clarify why it'll be extremely hard to cap through 2s/3s. We all are aware of how most of the PvE items in this patch are straight up broken, and this is exactly the breaking point between "skill" and gear difference. No matter if you'rе a really good player you'll get 50% of the scenarios you'll get crushed by comps running vial of shadows/cunning of the cruel/rathraks/kirils/vishankas/gurthalaks and so on. And as far as I remember Molten's Warsong used to be popular with the fact that everyone who couldn't afford playing on +1.8k mmr (which is ridiculously low, by the way, and for a PvP ONLY server should be rather casual), immediately started dropping mmr. So, yeah, let's just say you'll be facing teams who are simply getting carried by their gear, and we both know skill won't really matter, against a decent RM/Thug/AFF&Resto, packed with the 4.3 pve items, rather often.

TL;DR: If you're really willing to go through the struggles of endlessly grinding gear the whole season without actually enjoying its end-game content or more specifically the straight up PvP that this realm is supposed to represent, and if you are also dying to face comps who can by default take you out easily, but with the presence of PvE it can actually happen in a global, then go on and vote for option 2, and have fun with the otherwise sorta-balanced(we're talking in the limits of fully cataclysmic gear, a.k.a resilience stacking) PvP of 4.3.

11. I liked the progression system of the the original Warsong.
    If you choose 1 season diff. players wont do much BGs which basically sucks as its the only interesting thing you would do on Warsong. Remember that Warsong has always been a low pop server...
    There are certain things you shouldnt do polls for and this is one of them.
    With no progression players will get bored really quick of this realm...

12. God dammit, bg's are a waste of time, just make it the same as it was in AT, do not ruin this. :c
    But people still play BGs so they don't waste all the available time they have to play climbing brackets and arena ladders. They may be "a waste of time", but people still find them fun.

13. We're now asking the community what type of gearing system you would like to see on Warsong.

1 Seasons difference
    Starter: Ruthless Gladiator
    Conquest: Cataclysmic Gladiator

or

2 Seasons difference
    Starter: Vicious Gladiator
    Honor: Ruthless Gladiator
    Conquest: Cataclysmic Gladiator

------------------------------------------------

With 1 seasons we're making a slight new system
    Since some of you don't like arena but still wanna be able to obtain the best gear.
    You're now earning conquest points from Battlegrounds and gets added to the weekly conquest cap.
    That gives you a more flexibility of how you want to earn your gear.

With 2 seasons its straight forward.
    Start farm Battlegrounds and obtain your Ruthless gear
    Move over to farm arenas for your Cataclysmic gear.

------------------------------------------------

Former AT cata players will have their chars restored.

Warsong (before all this Hermes thingy happened) already had season 2.... let's play season 1

14. I strongly favor 1 season's difference (Ruthless starter gear).

15. If I come to play on Warsong, which will probably be casual at best, I dont want to have to nolife BGs just to even start thinking about entering Arenas...
    Areans I have no issues with in ruthless its what I was used to prewipe, but vicious vs cata is just too much for some of us and our classes.

First ... 56789 ... Last