1. Little things I wondered about:

1. Instead of :

/use !Aspect of the Hawk

perhaps this :

/castsequence reset=3 !Aspect of the Hawk, null

I hated having to hear the sound of aspect change each time I used any shot. This change helped somewhat.
    It is, in working, not superior to yours, just a bit less annoying to listen to, for some people. :)

2. Putting Healthstone in macro with Deterrence perhaps (for BGs).

3. Your #showtooltip texts are mostly incorrect. While it may work for you, those copy/pasting these macros might find it very confusing.

4. More efficient to use Dash along with /petmoveto to eat traps.
    Dash should also be used with /petattack to clear Grounding, if you're in the habit of using pets to do so.

5. I love using addon Transqshotmonitor. Shows the buff dispelled when you use Tranq shot in big letters. :P Definitely useful for new hunters.

6. Perhaps you could also add little tips on gameplay. Like, use tranq shot to dispel basic buffs early on so that when a pally uses wings you can get it off immediately with 1 tranq shot. Or to mix trapping with bad manners and scatter shot so that opponents wouldn't be able to predict incoming traps so easily. Stuff like that. :)

7. In talents, you could take off 1 point from Termination and put into Rapid Killing so you get 50 focus from Rapid Recuperation whenever you kill an opponent. Not that useful in arena, but excellent in BGs.

7. Finally, I believe no MM Cata guide is complete without mentioning Tosan (for arena) and Zumio (for BGs, 1v1). :D

The above are just my simple suggestions. All in all, great guide. I would have loved to read such a guide when I was trying to improve in my hunter. Thank you. :)

kebagodx
    Little things I wondered about:

1. Instead of :

/use !Aspect of the Hawk

perhaps this :

/castsequence reset=3 !Aspect of the Hawk, null

I hated having to hear the sound of aspect change each time I used any shot. This change helped somewhat.
    It is, in working, not superior to yours, just a bit less annoying to listen to, for some people. :)

2. Putting Healthstone in macro with Deterrence perhaps (for BGs).

3. Your #showtooltip texts are mostly incorrect. While it may work for you, those copy/pasting these macros might find it very confusing.

4. More efficient to use Dash along with /petmoveto to eat traps.
    Dash should also be used with /petattack to clear Grounding, if you're in the habit of using pets to do so.

5. I love using addon Transqshotmonitor. Shows the buff dispelled when you use Tranq shot in big letters. :P Definitely useful for new hunters.

6. Perhaps you could also add little tips on gameplay. Like, use tranq shot to dispel basic buffs early on so that when a pally uses wings you can get it off immediately with 1 tranq shot. Or to mix trapping with bad manners and scatter shot so that opponents wouldn't be able to predict incoming traps so easily. Stuff like that. :)

7. In talents, you could take off 1 point from Termination and put into Rapid Killing so you get 50 focus from Rapid Recuperation whenever you kill an opponent. Not that useful in arena, but excellent in BGs.

7. Finally, I believe no MM Cata guide is complete without mentioning Tosan (for arena) and Zumio (for BGs, 1v1). :D

The above are just my simple suggestions. All in all, great guide. I would have loved to read such a guide when I was trying to improve in my hunter. Thank you. :)

Thanks for the post man.

1. I used to have this kind of macros but all my macros got deleted when I had to format my computer and I needed to remake them and I couldn't remember how the first one was made and was lazy to search for it, now I can copy it thanks to you. Hasn't been a too big of an problem since I don't use ingame sounds.

2. That's actually a nice idea, which I haven't thought of. I think adding mythical health potion for wpvp might aswell be valid. But on the other hand if you want to early deter something like a fear, deathcoil or HoJ it might go to waste. :( So it has its ups and downs.

3. Yeah the showtooltips are customly for me and my actionbars to see cooldowns easier, I think it is in the guide, I was just too lazy to change all the tooltips just for the purpose of this guide. Afterall its pretty easy to change them for whatever macros someone decides to pick. :)

4. Using petmoveto to eat traps/kill groundings is also a nice idea, the way I play on MM is I petfollow on all the time, which means I can eat traps directed to me with pet without using dash. I find it actually very complicated though trying to eat a trap with pet only from far far away, especially in high end arena where almost every hunter who traps will do it 90% of the time with Bad Manner -> Trap with perfect placement. But it is a nice idea, I will add something about it too. :)

5. I actually wasn't aware of this addon, I will test it. Thank you.

6. I will add tips on gameplay aswell, I have just been busy with work. :(

7. These guys are excellent hunters I would also recommend watching gameplay from couple of the best hunters currently in 4.3.4 (considering the skill level Cata PvP is atm is higher what retail used to be) Johanx / Jellybeans.

kebagodx
    Whatever you wan't to say man but like I said. I come from Arena-Tournament and the only thing I wanna be focusing is high end arena. So a little more casual things I have no interest for. :l

4. Whatever you wan't to say man but like I said. I come from Arena-Tournament and the only thing I wanna be focusing is high end arena. So a little more casual things I have no interest for. :l
    You dont say NOTHING about arena here, now this is a high rating guide? Just to avoid reconsider some things? Thats a big ego.

I see you are doin this guide just to get some fame, no interest in doin something that will help people.

Lemme ask u something. Are you really a Dwarf Hunter?

kebagodx
    You dont say NOTHING about arena here, now this is a high rating guide? Just to avoid reconsider some things? Thats a big ego.

I see you are doin this guide just to get some fame, no interest in doin something that will help people.

Lemme ask u something. Are you really a Dwarf Hunter?
    What? Are you just out of your mind, I just told him I'm only interested in arenas. The guide is just basic setup, which is usable for high end arenas. Like I've mentioned in the thread.

Also once you have played a proper realm instead of just the old warsong, you will be introduced to a morph system that AT will bring here. No I am not a dwarf hunter, even though I guess I could roll with it. By the way only reason I made this guide is because someone asked me to and there also was a request for 4.3.4 MM guide since there are zero usable guides for proper 4.3.4. PvP hunters on this forum. These things will no doubt get you started with MM hunter and give a little peak to my playstyle which some ppl have asked so I can show them this thread.

toterx
    Finally an MM Hunter guide!! Got a couple of question though.

Would Vial of shadows HC be a good trinket for MM PVP? Also, why Vishanka HC over Cata Elite Bow?

7. Finally an MM Hunter guide!! Got a couple of question though.

Would Vial of shadows HC be a good trinket for MM PVP? Also, why Vishanka HC over Cata Elite Bow?
    Vial of Shadows is good for MM PVP but other trinkets are as good imo. It's not a super OP trinket or anything. Vishanka has way more weapon damage (almost all your abilities scale with weapon damage) and the fire DoT proc does insane damage and procs very often.

kebagodx
    Finally an MM Hunter guide!! Got a couple of question though.

HC Vial is indeed viable but having played with it now I'd prefer rolling with cataclysmic trinkets and havinng 2x pve set pieces (shoulder + legs) and kiril + vishanka. you really do not need more pve than that.

also vishanka has way more dmg and the stats you lose if you dont have cataclymisc bow are minor, and when you add vishanka proc that procs quite abit I might say that the damage gets even out of hand

9. Lol, all this hate because someone finally made a good setup guide for hunters. Btw i would SUGGEST adding Postal to addons section. It's really good for opening mails faster so you don't waste time during which you can run bgs.

kebagodx
    Lol, all this hate because someone finally made a good setup guide for hunters. Btw i would SUGGEST adding Postal to addons section. It's really good for opening mails faster so you don't waste time during which you can run bgs.
    I am not sure if this is a troll post or not but I am going to reply anyways. I feel like having addon for mail is useless since nothing is moved in mail on AT server which I'm going to be playing on and the only way I do BG's is with honorbuddy anyways.

11. Nuiiice guide !! Gona achieve glad with this :D

kebagodx
    Nuiiice guide !! Gona achieve glad with this :D

It is nice to hear that you liked it, and use it for arena play as it was intented - like warsong server is. Haha :P GL

13. Good job,best hunter guide on the server and should cover enough info for any new hunters.

14. Reply

I agree with the informations pointed so far which is supposed to be used for 3v3 arenas and 5v5.(Be careful while using this for 2v2,duels or battlegrounds, some modifications apply)

Peharps you should include key moments in arenas; and tricks.
    Viable arena compositions with hunters should be listed;

The only thing that I might find lacking so far is the macro-ing section.
    But that, is just because i'm a macro addict who knows how to program!

kebagodx
    I agree with the informations pointed so far which is supposed to be used for 3v3 arenas and 5v5.(Be careful while using this for 2v2,duels or battlegrounds, some modifications apply)

Peharps you should include key moments in arenas; and tricks.
    Viable arena compositions with hunters should be listed;

The only thing that I might find lacking so far is the macro-ing section.
    But that, is just because i'm a macro addict who knows how to program!

Umm, by "macro-ing" if you mean just standard macros, I've posted them. And I use ton of macros so if you missed it just check back. :P

First 123 Last