1. Basically Cataclysm is when The Dumbing Down started.. It is widely known that this is the point where the developers decided to tailor the game to attract casual players regardless of the negative impact on players who had already invested time learning the complexities of WoTLK.

Class talent trees and inherent abilities were completely remastered in a lot of cases. Things that made certain classes unique were obliterated and they started adding tedious things instead (like ridiculous numbers).

Gear dependency is also exaggerated on Cata. Basically how skilled a player is matters less in this expansion.

Cata added a lot of nice features, but they destroyed a lot of what made WoTLK appealing.

2. Well few things wotlk need to be best expansion: Transmog (i dont care if it's not blizzlike) and Mop talents and skills. Then it would be #1 expansion... but now oh well dreams will be dreams... :)

3. cata sucked in retail and it sucks now... reason pop # were almost half in cata in retail just saying

4. For me Wrath of the Lich King expansion has more fun thats it. :)

5. I prefer Cata because it still has some of the old WoW feel to it, while enabling Azeroth flight. It's nostalgic to have to use ground mounts all the time, but usually I just prefer to get somewhere faster. I do like to visit WOTLK Darkshore because Cata ruined that zone, but overall Cata is my favorite.

Would really appreciate some Cata class bug fixes, though, including the bugged tentacle proc rate on the legendary.

6. WOTLK is a good expansion BUT, on Molten WoW we have too many, people with Shadowmourne, and it totally ruins PvP...

We also have the same problem with Gurthalak on Cata but not as much as WOTLK servers... I remember befire the crash in 1 BG 4 or 5 people with Lolmourne...

And cata has a better pvp, and balance, and xmog :)

7. TBC>WOTLK>Vanila>MoP>WoD>Cata
    LOOOOOOL

Anything > MoP

Cmon, who cares about pandas, panda bosses, monkey bosses, and a lot of that kind of stuff. It looks like a game for kids...

WOTLK is the best expansion on molten. It's more populated, less bugs, and the content is nice.

8. LOOOOOOL

Anything > MoP

Cmon, who cares about pandas, panda bosses, monkey bosses, and a lot of that kind of stuff. It looks like a game for kids...

WOTLK is the best expansion on molten. It's more populated, less bugs, and the content is nice.
    Nostalgia ******s

9. LOOOOOOL

Anything > MoP

MOP>WoD>Cata that means that Cata is complete sh**t. But still TBC>Wotlk for me

10. Basically Cataclysm is when The Dumbing Down started.. It is widely known that this is the point where the developers decided to tailor the game to attract casual players regardless of the negative impact on players who had already invested time learning the complexities of WoTLK.

Gear dependency is also exaggerated on Cata. Basically how skilled a player is matters less in this expansion.

Cata added a lot of nice features, but they destroyed a lot of what made WoTLK appealing.
    When it comes to difficulty that's purely the nostalgia of players talking. Wotlk had by far the easiest raid and dungeon mechanics. Especially in dungeons the tactics for dps were limited to knowing what fire looks like, stacking or spreading, while healers could make a sandwich and keep the dispel and interrupts in the abyss. The Cata bosses all have the same, if not more mechanics than the fights that were considered "hard" in Wrath.

11. LOOOOOOL

Anything > MoP

You realize that with the graphics of WoW it looks like a kid game right?

12. PvE;
    WotLK>TBC>MoP>WoD>Vanilla>Cata
    6pts, 5pts, 4pts, 3pts, 2pts, 1pt

PvP;
    WotLK>Vanilla>WoD>Cata>TBC>MoP

Totals;
    Vanilla 7pts
    TBC 7pts
    WotLK 12pts
    Cata 4pts
    MoP 5pts
    WoD 7pts

Seems about right to me.

13. PvE;
    WotLK>TBC>MoP>WoD>Vanilla>Cata

PvP;
    WotLK>Vanilla>WoD>Cata>TBC>MoP

Totals;
    Vanilla 7pts
    TBC 7pts
    WotLK 12pts
    Cata 4pts
    MoP 5pts
    WoD 7pts

Seems about right to me.
    This. This right here

14. When it comes to difficulty that's purely the nostalgia of players talking. Wotlk had by far the easiest raid and dungeon mechanics. Especially in dungeons the tactics for dps were limited to knowing what fire looks like, stacking or spreading, while healers could make a sandwich and keep the dispel and interrupts in the abyss. The Cata bosses all have the same, if not more mechanics than the fights that were considered "hard" in Wrath.
    Wrath easiest raids??? I'm guessing you've never raided in Cata because up until MoP, DS was the easiest raid in WoW.

First 1234 ... Last