1. Macros and Setups

I heard from a friend that a guy boxes 5 ret paladins and really crushes everything and it made me wonder about his setup. I just came back to Molten before the hack and I'm still trying to get everything together. I used to hate how every patch would break all of my addons and a good deal of my macros. Last night it dawned on me that I don't have to worry about that here. On Ragnaros I am perpetually locked in version 3.3.5a of the game.

With this realization I started to wonder about macros others were using. I don't see a lot on this site about macros and WotLK stuff on other boxing sites is necro'd to the point that you can't really find anything.

Should we start a section just for setups and macros? We could divide it up by classes, specs and environments (PvE or PvP).

Good idea or no?

Colt

2. I heard from a friend that a guy boxes 5 ret paladins and really crushes everything and it made me wonder about his setup.
    5 palys are a great setup for pve with 1 prot 4 ret.
    However for pvp u absolutly need to add a dk and make it 1dk 4 ret.
    U need the slow effect and the deathgrip or rdps will kite u to heaven.

I had several well geared 5 man setups on wotlk and imo it goes like this in PvP:
    1dk 4 ret > 5 frost dk > 5 ele shamis > 5 moonkins > everything else.
    Maybe 5 spriests are also viable for pvp. thats the only team that i didnt try yet...

When it comes to macros i use only the quick setup 38 macros from ISboxer and some ingame macros to accept things like enter bg, release corpse, accept ressurect etc.
    When u use ISboxer u wont need many ingame macros....

P.S.
    Just saw that u are planing to 10 box.
    In this case i would roll 7 ele shamis and 3 resto druides. Dont multibox melee as 10 boxer (at least not on wotlk). There is no point in multiboxing 7 melee because they need to walk to the target to kill it. Reaching the enemy can take some time especially when ur team is slowed by frost nova, frost trap and so on. So after all 7 range damage dealer will kill the target before 7 melee can even reach it...
    However on Cata and MoP its good to multibox melee as 10 boxer because enemy targets survive longer and its worth to take the time to walk to them.

3. Thanks Jakkre,

My team(s) are currently mixed classes. When I rerolled I wasn't sure what classes under performed (or were bugged) and which ones were like retail. So I'm having some struggles with my Desto Lock and my BM Hunter getting decent DPS. They are still undergeared by a lot, but should be doing better than they are. My arcane mages do well, but I heard they don't scale well after 2900 SP. My off tank is specced RET at the moment and is awful, but I made some changes last night that should help.

Any advice for these classes would be great.

P.S. When you speak of macros within ISBoxer I'm not sure what you are talking about. Do you mean the FTL setup stuff, or actual DPS and Tanking cast sequence macros?

Colt

4. I was talking about the default isboxer macros that u can find in isboxer - game helpers - World of warcraft - quick setup 38.
    I use hardly any castsequence macros because with isboxer mapped keys u can do much better stuff than with the limited in game castsequence macros.

I assume u are a pve boxer when u say u multibox a mixed class setup?
    I do hardly pve so i dont know which grp composition is the best for raiding.
    To clear 5man random heroics its 1 dk tank and 4 ret pala thats for sure...

I can also help u to set a perfect damage rotation for ur bm hunter and destro lock up.
    I dont multibox these classes but shouldnt be that hard to set it up.
    On what realm are u playing?

5. I am on Ragnaros. And yes, I'm just PvE boxing. Here is my original question after returning to Molten. Can I use the ProConfig that people are using in retail now? I'm not sure how the changes in macros and GCD come into play.

By ProConfig I mean a separate Keymap for every class and spec within ISBoxer. Then I drop my characters into the correct class and spec (Ret Pally Group, for example). Then, within wow I have Crusader Strike on 1, Divine Storm on 2, Consecration on 3, etc.

My Combat KeyMap has Keys like this 1 key mapped to DPS 2 key AOE DPS 5 Activate Proc 7 Ground AOE etc. My Ret Pally KeyMap says "When you hit 1 in game I will cast the spell on action button 1. Hit 1 again and I will cast Step 2, which is button 2. So on and so forth. When I spam the 1 key in game ISBoxer walks through my dps rotation, based on the priority I set.

ISBoxer 41, which I am using, sets most of this up.

Is this what you are talking about Jakkre? This is the system I think would work much better than /castsequence macros.

6. Albas, one of our multiboxer in Autobots roll out, is using the Pro config. He has to change some macros though because some spells changed on the later expansions.

However u can make better damage mapped keys than in the pro config.
    There is the possibility to put all abilitys in a single step and execute them in a priority.
    For example, u make 3 macros:
    1) /cast lightningbolt
    2) /cast lava burst
    3) /cast chainlight
    then make a mapped key and put all macros in one step. The macro that u wanna execute as highest priority should always be the macro that u add first to the mapped key.
    In the example u would add the macro in the order 2, 3, 1 to the mapped key.
    Now when u execute the mapped key it should execute the macros in the priority 2>3>1.
    So when u spam this mapped key the shami should cast lava burst. When lava is on cd chainlight and when chainlight is on cd lightningbolt.
    This way u can have a much more fluent damage rotation then in a mapped key that execute a different spell in each step.

7. That just sounds soo much better than HotkeyNet lol

8. That is excellent information. It's difficult to find valid information because most of the world has moved on from WotLK. I will play with this tonight and then see if you can help with my Hunter and Warlock.

Could you explain how your Ret pallies are setup? I would really like to make my OT do reasonable DPS when he isn't tanking. I'm kinda stuck on Art of War procs, at the moment.

9. Art of war procs are hard to manage. However when u are decent geared u should have enough crit chance to trigger enough AoW procs to use exorcism always instant as filler ability when everything else is on cd
    Make a mapped key like in my example and execute ur macros in the following priority:
    Divine Storm > Crusader Strike > Judgement >Hammer of Wrath > Consecration > Exorcism

This way u have a even more fluent damage rotation than any single boxer ret pala. :)
    Its very mana consuming though and when u dont have enough crit rating the paly might cast exorcism from time to time.
    I would remove consecration from the mapped key if u tend to run oom or add Divine Plea as lowest priority.

10. I am hoping the same will be true for druids with their Eclipse proc^^

Running one Protection Paladin, one Discipline Priest, one Balance Druid, one Elemental Shaman and six Shadow Priests at the moment.

It's definitely worth having a Shaman in the group for Heroism. If you're playing a caster-heavy group then their totems will provide a nice Spellpower buff too. So far the Druid has been a huge flop but he's still in the process of earning gear. If he doesn't improve soon then he'll be replaced with a Shadow Priest again.

I think Mages or Warlocks would probably do more DPS compared to Priests but the group and self healing abilities make things a lot easier in terms of healing. Dispersion is also handy for a defensive cooldown on all the DPS and they can all cast bubble on themselves or spam Holy Nova if a lot of raid damage is incoming. Another advantage to priests is they have a spammable instant cast damage spell (Devouring Plague) which can be cast on targets without having to face them. Also provides a nice healing boost too. Perfect for killing the spikes on Marrowgar.

Will keep you updated on how well the different ranged classes fare in terms of their DPS and whether they are worth bringing for their buffs (Demonology Warlock springs to mind).

In terms of macros most of my keybinds are simple "Assist & Broadcast" keymaps in ISBoxer. I make macros in-game and use those rather than the ones in ISBoxer.

My tank has his rotation set to attack whoever his focus is. If he isn't focussing on anybody, it will attack his current target. That way I can make him focus on one particular mob and target another mob. The DPS will then assist him and attack his current target whilst he attacks his focus. Works pretty well in a one tank set up. When a second tank is introduced (for Gunship & Rotface) I will change the keymaps to be simple broadcasts and use in-game macros to determine which characters will assist the main tank and which ones won't. I.e. the off-tank won't assist the main tank unless I press a specific key, and the DPS will only assist the main or off tanks when I press a different key. Most likely will have four assist keys mapped so that the DPS can be controlled in two separate groups independently.

Sorry for wall of text^^ One thing to be aware of is that the more diverse your DPS toons are, the harder it is to converge their abilities. I.e. an Arcange Mage can switch targets without problem but Shadow Priests will need to apply DoTs to their new target. If you try to burst down adds then having separate macros for each class would be best as the regular DPS macros you use may become very inefficient.

Edit: I think the macro/setup thread would be pretty cool. There isn't much life in this section of the forum so finding relevant information can take quite some time. A macro thread would be pretty sweet^^

11. P.S.
    Just saw that u are planing to 10 box.
    In this case i would roll 7 ele shamis and 3 resto druides. Dont multibox melee as 10 boxer (at least not on wotlk). There is no point in multiboxing 7 melee because they need to walk to the target to kill it. Reaching the enemy can take some time especially when ur team is slowed by frost nova, frost trap and so on. So after all 7 range damage dealer will kill the target before 7 melee can even reach it...
    However on Cata and MoP its good to multibox melee as 10 boxer because enemy targets survive longer and its worth to take the time to walk to them.
    Just saw this, and I must say they are COMPLETELY viable. depending on your team make up. Jakkre is a fantiasitc Boxer, But I've found with my team that a DK ( or 2) with a well timed Deathgrip can help with the distance situation. I run 7 Ret 1 dk and 1 disc and have a blast with them. My primary focus is PvE tho.

I read in another post that a shammy thrown in there for good measure for the Bloodlust helps. can anyone comment on the melee haste increase? I'm sure it helps but how much? and a dps increase compareable to just running another dps toon in place of the shammy etc....

Great thread, and I thought the same thing, which is why i came here as well. My main is Bubbler, and Deathsheals on Rag, feel free to add me and we can swap ideas if your so inclined. See you in game. :)

I'll throw in a macro i was working on, it has served me well on my guys. Feel free to try and it and tell me how it works for you, or any ideas to improve it. I've cleared every HC in the game and some raids at this point in time. EXCEPT the new VH. that bird boss does a number to my team if i get him lol.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=1 Judgement of Wisdom,Crusader Strike,Consecration,Divine Storm,Exorcism,Crusader Strike,Judgement of Wisdom,Crusader Strike,Divine Storm,Consecration,Crusader Strike,Judgement of Wisdom,Crusader Strike, Divine Plea