1. Epic screenshot competition!

Hello everyone, Ivy here!

COMPETITION EXTENDED FOR THE NEW RELEASE OF THE PORCUPINE SPIRIT BEASTS! :D You have 2 more weeks to submit a total of 12 screenshots!!!

I am hosting a competition for the most epic screenshots of hunters with their spirit beast companions. Once all screenshots are submitted, I'm going to create a poll for the top 3 of each spirit beast narrowed down by a panel of judges. After the best 3 are narrowed down, the COMMUNITY gets to vote on the most epic screenshot. Winners will receive a small token of gratitude yet to be decided and recognition on the forums. The winning screenshot for each epic spirit beast companion will be used to create original artwork / fan art!!

Rules:
    • Any drama will NOT be tolerated. This competition is meant to be fun, it is made for fun and enjoyment. All posts containing rude comments will be deleted.
    • All screenshots must contain an image of 1 spirit beast and 1 hunter.
    • The owner of the majestic creature MUST have some kind of transmogrification set, that would look epic when rendered into artwork.
    • Scenery is a must, please find an epic zone in a beautiful location where you take the screenshot. Zones that match the personality of your pet as you imagine it would be excellent.
    • Screenshots must be great quality with a size greater than 800x800 px. Images may not be any larger than 1800x1800 pixels.
    • Screenshots may not be edited in any way other than sizing and cropping.
    • Images taken from google or other sources WILL NOT be tolerated. Trust me, we WILL check.

Submissions:
    • The deadline for submissions is the 15th of May by 11:59PM ST.
    • Submissions are to be submitted in this thread. 3 submissions per Spirit beast, with a total of 12 per Hunter. Any new submissions will be deleted after the first post.
    • ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE CREATED IN 1 Post per hunter, with a maximum of 9 screenshots per post (or three screenshots per pet if you don't want to take pics with them all).
    • SCREENSHOTS MUST BE HIDDEN IN A SPOILER in order to decrease loading time on this thread.
    • Post the Pet's name (according to their original name, not your name), Your hunter's name, and server underneath each spoiler (not inside) in bullet points using the LIST function.
    • Submissions can be edited and screenshots can be updated up until the DEADLINE.
    • If you plan to submit screenshots for all 12 spirit beasts, please create a spoiler for that pet and fill in the information below it, even if you don't have a screenshot yet. You can always edit later.
    • EXAMPLE SUBMISSION provided below.

Suggestions:
    • Screenshots of you or your pet or both in action would be excellent.
    • Remember, These screenshots are meant to be created FOR artwork, find a setting that would look great when rendered into art.
    • Don't go at it alone, a friend may do a better job at taking a screenshot while you pose!
    • Female hunter Tauren look stupid.
    • Feel free to download the WOD character model pack! Link is here: http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=272790
      This is what it looks like:
      Spoiler: Show

Guidelines for Judging:
    • Minimum of 800PX, maximum of 1800 PX
    • Includes 1 hunter, and 1 spirit beast.
    • Scenery that would look best when rendered into art work.
    • Poses that look the best for art work.
    • Gear that looks good when rendered into art work.

CALL FOR ARTISTS!
    • We are looking for skilled artists interested in creating digital artwork according to a specific style. If you are interested please send me a private message, and we can talk more about what I'm looking for. If you are skilled enough, I am willing to give commission. Prizes will also be given to the artists, still thinking about a seperate competition to hold for artists.

Example Submission:

• Loque'nahak
    • Iamhunter
    • Frostwolf

(note ** this is obviously edited, but to give you an idea of the poses that work well)
    • Magria
    • Iamhunter
    • Frostwolf

• Arcturis
    • Iampanda
    • Frostwolf

**All prizes have yet to be decided and this post will be updated when I decide on the gift. Any and all artwork that is created, is made as artwork alone and any payment received is a GIFT. The artist will receive complete recognition; they are allowed to sign the image at the bottom right corner.
    **A separate competition will be held for NORMAL beasts/pets depending on the outcome of this one.
    **DO NOT FLOOD this thread with questions already answered, read before posting. This thread is strictly for unanswered questions and submissions only. Message me directly if you need something.

Should all go well, we will be making a second competition for all pets!

ONLY POST SUBMISSIONS OR QUESTIONS

PERTAINING TO THE COMPETITION.
    Edited: April 29, 2015

2. Can we make screenshot with a friend/'s pet and us?
    Btw nice idea,I am in :D

3. Can we make screenshot with a friend/'s pet and us?
    Btw nice idea,I am in :D
    Yes, you can. Only since the servers have been up for a short time and not everyone may have their favorite pets yet.

4. Sadly not all of us are BM hunters, actually hate the spec.
    Does it have to be a Spirit Pet or can I use my normal pet?

5. Sadly not all of us are BM hunters, actually hate the spec.
    Does it have to be a Spirit Pet or can I use my normal pet?
    If you want, I can make another competition should this one go well. :) Then we can have a normal beast screenshot competition. Right now I'm sticking to spirit beasts because there are only 9 available in game so it's a nice small amount, and I kind of have an obsession for them :D.

But yea, I will be more than happy to host one after this, with rules adjusted for normal pets.

6. Why only spirit beasts??? It will be nice to add not only rares but any other nice looking pets. But ofc there should be limit of photos-maybe 10.

7. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I think your limiting yourself a lot by the set of rules you set. Am sure many players here having amazing pictures with pets if you will widen the scope..maybe you can even make another thread for Screenshot competition with no limit..any class,place etc just must be unique ..(btw this idea is great! am surprised there is no thread like this going on)

8. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I think your limiting yourself a lot by the set of rules you set. Am sure many players here having amazing pictures with pets if you will widen the scope..maybe you can even make another thread for Screenshot competition with no limit..any class,place etc just must be unique ..(btw this idea is great! am surprised there is no thread like this going on)
    Well if someone want to make competition with his own class, there is the section for each class so I don't agree with that. But I would like that we can include all hunter's specs and pets.

9. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I think your limiting yourself a lot by the set of rules you set. Am sure many players here having amazing pictures with pets if you will widen the scope..maybe you can even make another thread for Screenshot competition with no limit..any class,place etc just must be unique ..(btw this idea is great! am surprised there is no thread like this going on)
    Because this is a competition hosted for a reason. I need fan art, there is none. I want to make guides. Think about the people making this artwork.. they'd have to make a million different art pics if too many different pets are submitted. I hope that I'm not the one that has to end up doing it, because it may turn out that way.

I already said I'd consider making another competition for regular pets if this one is successful but at this rate if everyone keeps asking I won't. Please stop flooding this thread with questions that were already answered. :)

If a competition isn't isolated and controlled then the outcome and results can't be predicted. By limiting it to only 9 pets, I can predict how many polls I'll need to create and how many artists I need to hire. This is hosted by a community member, the competition is ALREADY IN PLACE.. if you have any questions please message me directly in a private message because the topic of this competition is no longer up for debate. This thread is strictly for unanswered questions and SUBMISSIONS. Should this competition be a success, another will be created. :)

Fan art for normal pets already exist ALL over the place. There are few to none for spirit beasts.

If you want to share your already created fan art for any kind of hunter or pet - visit this page http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=289329

Happy Hunting!

10. Rules have been edited to allow 2 screenshots per pet, but the limit is still set to 9 screenshots total.

11. Hmmm.. nice idea :D but can the character be in WoD models? (I have them downloaded :/)

12. lease stop flooding this thread with questions that were already answered. :)
    Wel this people "flooding" your thread are the only ones interested so far. And i dont see many more people showing up.

13. Hmmm.. nice idea :D but can the character be in WoD models? (I have them downloaded :/)
    Yes, i'm ok with that. :D btw, can you link me that? I'd like to use that as well!

14. Yes, i'm ok with that. :D btw, can you link me that? I'd like to use that as well!
    Yes sure :D http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=272790

15. Wel this people "flooding" your thread are the only ones interested so far. And i dont see many more people showing up.

First of all, was that comment necessary? Does it accomplish anything?

Secondly, People who are interested have no reason to post anything until thy have screenshots prepared.. Anyone who has been posting so far has had questions. I know SEVERAL people interested in doing this, and the thread has only been open for a day so it's not like your comment has much basis to it.

Thirdly, please read the rules on my first original post, it says

. This thread is strictly for unanswered questions and submissions only. Message me directly if you need something.
    So I guess I just answered my first question for you.

123 ... Last