1. Another small update.

I've beaten the Twin Val'kyr on 10man Heroic now, took me 3 attempts tonight.

Raid comp was 5.9k prot pally, 6.1k disc, six spriests (ranging from 5.3k to 5.8k), 5.3k boomkin, 5.4k resto shaman (missing some enchants/gems though).

I tried Anub'arak three times as well but only got him to 14%. In the last phase he summons two adds, freezes the tank and starts his AoE life attack. During which time there's a very high chance that my healers will die due to aggro'ing the mobs when the tank can't act. On the run where they didn't get aggro, my tank died from all the incoming damage because of the add's stacking debuff. I think if I was playing with two tanks, the fight would be pretty easy.

Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have an extra prot pally to offtank for Anub Hc and for Gunship. Maybe I'll also gear a Hpal and make my shammy elemental like she usually is.

Little bit of advice for anybody who wants to box ToC 10 Heroic - instead of using DPS flasks, use the lesser flask of resistance. That 50 resistance per character eases up the amount of healing needed immensely. My Disc is ok to solo heal Twins with only one tank if using the flasks. Also helps if you're characters are alchemists since they gain an extra 16 resistance from the Mixology buff when using that flask ^_^

2. hi, i have several teams accross the server listed below, im working on getting as much versatility as i can from my team so atm most of my characters are either badly geared or naked, hopefully i will be into raiding pretty soon and maybe a bunch of us can collaborate and get some cheives!

Wotlk - Horde - 10 druids
    Cata - Alliance - 15 chars mixed - 3 pali, 3 hunter, 3mages, 2 warlock and 4 priests
    Cata - Horde - 15 chars 10 shamans, 1 pali, 1 mage,1 hunter,1 warlock, 1 priest
    Panda - Horde - 10 warlocks OR 9 dk's & 1 monk , 3 shamans, 4 hunters, 1 warrior, 1 mage (9dk's and 1monk are on the same accounts as the 10 warlocks)

3. I tried Anub'arak three times as well but only got him to 14%. In the last phase he summons two adds, freezes the tank and starts his AoE life attack. During which time there's a very high chance that my healers will die due to aggro'ing the mobs when the tank can't act. On the run where they didn't get aggro, my tank died from all the incoming damage because of the add's stacking debuff. I think if I was playing with two tanks, the fight would be pretty easy.
    I used to kill Anubarak with a multibox guildy. We were 2DK tanks and 8 ret pala.
    The healing from 8 times divine storm is enough to escape the last phase. Especially when the ret has the t10 two set bonus which makes it possible to reset the cd of DS.

I can only recommend ret palys for pve boxing. They are just awesome.

4. It's because I'm using only a single tank really. By the time I got the boss to 20% I had four stacks of the debuff from the adds, 100% increased physical damage and it still kept stacking. My shadow priests also do a very large amount of healing but nothing can really keep up with three mobs doing 100% damage D:

I have heard people saying that there is somebody using ret pallys for PvE raiding but that they can't manage ICC in that config which is a bit of a bummer for me. Once I gear my offtank I am hoping to get at least 5/12 in there. Did you ever try to solo Anub Heroic using just your own guys?

On normal mode he's a piece of cake it's only on Heroic that I'm struggling. I think I can get him as I am now but I don't really want to be wiping on him at all.

5. I was only 5 boxing in pve with 1 dk tank and 4 rets (each around 6k gs) before the moltdown.
    The great thing about this setup is that it doesnt require any healer because u have 4 times instant flash heal for the tank and the divine storm to heal the whole grp.
    Together with a friend boxer that played the exact same setup we managed to clear toc 10 and icc until gunship with out having a single healer in the raid.

Im not sure when it comes to 10 boxing but i guess that 2 tanks and 8 ret pala should work. Maybe replace one ret with a resto dudu if more healing is required but with 8 instant flash heals every few seconds and divine storm spam with the t10 two set bonus u should have enough heal to keep everybody up.

6. We are talking TOC Heroic now right?

I think I'll stick with spriest for now since I've not got any paladins save for my tank anyway D: Going to remedy this soon though

7. No, it was ToC and ICC normal so it wasnt that hard... but I was still impressed that the ret palys heal that much.

About ur team, isnt it hard to manage the healing with a disc priest?
    Maybe it would be easier to use a holy pala as tank healer. He can just spam holy light on the MT and use beacon of light on the OT.
    Then as raid healer i guess that resto dudu, with wild growth+ rejuvenation spam on each raid member, would be the best against aoe dmg.
    About ur dmg dealer, i think that a demo lock would be a better raid supporter than ur moonkin because he buffs the raid with 10% sp from demonic pact + 13% spell dmg from curse of elements+ 5% crit from improved shadowbolt.
    In addition i think that a demo lock would have a easier dmg rotation and would pull more dmg than a moonkin unless u found a way to handle the moonkin eclipse proc.
    For tanking i guess that prot pala and blood dk would be the best.

So after all holy paly, resto dudu, demo lock, 5 spriests, blood dk and prot pala sounds like a nice setup for me.

8. No, it was ToC and ICC normal so it wasnt that hard... but I was still impressed that the ret palys heal that much.

i used to run 5 mans with blood dk 3 mages and disc/holy priest in wotlk and i would jus remove the dk in pvp. the heal setup on disc wasnt too bad, setting up macros to blanket your raid with power word sheild is easier than say rejuvenation or renew cause it wont do it on the same person twice in a row automaticly. now i use resto druids though on cata (for pvp reasons) but i would say rotation management for druid or priest is about equal and they will have roughly the same effect, i never play holy pala on wotlk tho youll have to decide if you need the tank heals or no

9. setting up macros to blanket your raid with power word sheild is easier than say rejuvenation or renew cause it wont do it on the same person twice in a row automaticly.
    There is a macro solution for it.
    /castsequence reset=target rejuvenation,null
    it execute rejuvenation only once until u switch the target.

U can do a mapped key in ISboxer with 10 steps and advance to the next step every 1 second.
    Then for each step u target a different player and cast rejuv with a macro like:
    /target toon1
    /castsequence reset=target rejuvenation,null

Only problem is here that the druide need to be haste capped so he has a global cd of 1 second and never miss the rejuv on a target.

A different solution would be a mapped key with one step and do not advanced to next step for at least 1 second and only trigger once.
    Then execute this macro in the mapped:
    /castsequence [@party1] rejuvenation,0,0,0,0
    /castsequence [@party2] rejuvenation,0,0,0
    /castsequence [@party3] rejuvenation,0,0
    /castsequence [@party4] rejuvenation,0
    /castsequence [@party5] rejuvenation
    Edited: July 23, 2015

10. There is a macro solution for it.
    /castsequence [@party1] rejuvenation,0,0,0,0
    /castsequence [@party2] rejuvenation,0,0,0
    /castsequence [@party3] rejuvenation,0,0
    /castsequence [@party4] rejuvenation,0
    /castsequence [@party5] rejuvenation
    Right im doing something like this and wild growth is put at the end or beginning to limit the hot spam so i dont oom

11. No, it was ToC and ICC normal so it wasnt that hard... but I was still impressed that the ret palys heal that much.

Maybe it would be easier to use a holy pala as tank healer. He can just spam holy light on the MT and use beacon of light on the OT.
    Then as raid healer i guess that resto dudu, with wild growth+ rejuvenation spam on each raid member, would be the best against aoe dmg.
    About ur dmg dealer, i think that a demo lock would be a better raid supporter than ur moonkin because he buffs the raid with 10% sp from demonic pact + 13% spell dmg from curse of elements+ 5% crit from improved shadowbolt.
    In addition i think that a demo lock would have a easier dmg rotation and would pull more dmg than a moonkin unless u found a way to handle the moonkin eclipse proc.
    For tanking i guess that prot pala and blood dk would be the best.

So after all holy paly, resto dudu, demo lock, 5 spriests, blood dk and prot pala sounds like a nice setup for me.
    Ah ok. Yeah normal is on farm it's only heroic I am stuck with. I can get close but I can't burst the boss down before the stacking debuffs make my tank get one-shot. Maybe next time I'll just focus the adds before the boss in the final phase, should be manageable then. Could definitely get him if I had an offtank though.

Incidentally does a 10 man heroic tribute run grant anything good? beating it without a single wipe would be hard but 5 or less wipes is fairly easy I think. Do the patterns drop on ten man?

I'll go with another paladin as offtank, I don't really like blood dk tanks much. I had no idea that warlocks could give the 13% magic debuff, will try gearing one up to replace the boomkin. Ty for that!

For healing my Disc manages just fine on normal mode, he's capable of solo healing almost all of ICC. In the cases where he's not I make my shaman resto for now which is more than enough, though I'll make a holy paladin sometime that I can swap in to test it out. The aoe healing from holy light can be very nice! Ideally I want at least five spriests and a disc at any given time though which only leaves spots for a shaman (heroism), a warlock for caster buffs, a paladin tank and one open spot for either another tank, a healer or an spriest. I think I'd find it easier to swap between an offtank and a spriest depending on the encounter. Like I said my shaman does a fine job as resto atm so I don't think I'll need an extra paladin.

Btw for healing I have macros and binds for my shaman and use grid + clique on a repeater region for the disc. I don't like using macros to heal much, I prefer the flexibility of manual healing. It's harder to use but the smarter healing choices are worth it imo. Using click healing saves a few precious key bindings too.

I'm on holiday atm but will get a lock soon to test it out. Luckily I used the free boosts from the moltdown to level up a bunch of warlock and I have around 600 vp I can use too. I have no paladins I can swap in yet though, need to level then manually...

Has anybody tried ruby sanctum? It'd be nice to get the mini bosses on farm for EoF. I tried it once when my team were around 5k gs but it was too hard to solo tank it. Thinking it would be fairly straight forward to kill the mini bosses with an offtank though

Ty for your replies again all
    Edited: July 28, 2015

12. I'll go with another paladin as offtank, I don't really like blood dk tanks much. I had no idea that warlocks could give the 13% magic debuff, will try gearing one up to replace the boomkin. Ty for that!
    I guess a second pala tank is also fine because a blood dk tank gives the raid only 10% ap and horn of winter which are useless buffs for ur caster.
    A different option would be Unholy DK tank. Unholy is extremly good to tank grp of mobs by spreading the disease and they have also the 13% increased magic dmg buff and can even apply it to all mobs around them and increase the aoe dmg of ur raid by 13%.

So it would also be a option to change ur moonkin to resto and ur shami to ele and then add a Unholy DK tank for the 13% magic dmg.

Btw for healing I have macros and binds for my shaman and use grid + clique on a repeater region for the disc. I don't like using macros to heal much, I prefer the flexibility of manual healing. It's harder to use but the smarter healing choices are worth it imo. Using click healing saves a few precious key bindings too.
    I use also grid+clique+repeater region for healing but I dont execute the healing spells by clicking on the grid frame because imo it requires too much attention to click non stop to heal.
    Instead I have a healing mapped key on my druide that execute the spells in the priority wild growth>swiftmend>rejuvenation>3x lifebloom and I execute this healing mapped key together with my dmg and tanking mapped key so I have a all in one mapped key that let my team tank, heal and do dmg by spamming one button.
    Now if I want to change my healing target I just click on the grid frame and continue to spam my all in one mapped key and the druide put his hots on the new target.

13. Yeah it does put a lot of emphasis on using the mouse but I've got kind of worked around that by not being my mouse on my other characters at all, except for my tank who has mouseover macros for taunts and avengers shield. Also I have put three points into reducing greater heal cast time and taken the glyph of prayer of healing on the disc. His hate is around 850 I think so I generally cast penance, greater heal or prayer of healing if I know I'll need the mouse for more than one second. He also has a considerable amount of superpower (4.1k I think) so his shields normally last for some time

I might try it your way sometime, sounds pretty cool!

I was actually considering an unholy tank before because of the increased disease damage debuff, I imagine it'd help my priests dps somewhat with devouring plague dealing 30% (I think?) Extra damage. I haven't played unholy since 3.1 on retail though so don't know what their tanking rotation is like. Definitely worth considering removing my druid for an unholy dk, my dps might even increase compared to before

14. Tried Gunship now that I have an offtank (admittedly he is lacking in gear somewhat) but couldn't beat it. The pathfinding on the enemy ship is bugged to hell, making my Interact With Target button cease to function. Also backing off the enemy ship into the air should teleport you to the friendly ship but it doesn't, making jumping significantly more difficult.

If the bugs get fixed it'll go down. It might still go down at some point. Need to try again.

Also tried RS10 today. Got all of the mini bosses down which is all that I was hoping for. Few extra EoFs to gear the team up ^_^

Updated the OP with basic info about my team/progression.

15. Tried and beat OS25 3D mount run today using my 10man team. The drakes bugged a bit but I am confident that if they work correctly next week, I will still be able to down it.

Pretty pleased with myself! :D

Coltimar and I teamed up for ICC today to try Gunship together. Previously my best attempt was 75%. Today I changed to new macros and binds, playing two tanks, two heals and four dps. Coltimar provided the other two dps. We only tried it twice but we got it to 60% which is quite promising (we made some mistakes yet still made a decent attempt out of it). I'm certain it'll go down sometime then it's smooth sailing for the next couple of bosses. ^_^

When Coltimar is unavailable I'll continue to try solo'ing it when I get the time.
    Edited: October 29, 2015

First 1234 Last