1. Hit rating

Could anyone tell me what's going on with the hit rating? I was doing BGs on my lock yesterday, wearing full PVE gear with 262 hit rating and still missed with spells. How's that possible?

2. is it miss or resist?
    MISS as in miss. Do you seriously think I would make this thread if it was a resist?

3. i didnt mean to be rude, just wanted to make sure because you know resists are about spen.

262 hit rating much more than a caster needs so there must be something wrong something bugged.

4. rogues, rets and prot warriors have a talent giving them 4% chance for spells to miss on them, and arcane mages have one which gives them 30% chance during 4sc after usin blink

hit rating doesnt allow you to counter player's talents and racials providing a chance to be missed, no matter how much you get of it, it only allows you to counter miss chance provided by Defense which is 5% vs physical hits and 4% vs spell hits
    the only other detail is players wearing items giving them extra Defense rating in pvp such as some prot warriors and prot pallies(physical miss chance), again this kind of miss chance is the one counterable by more hit rating

lastly, hit rating works differently for white swings as a dual wielder, the hit rating required for those to never miss is actually 24%, which is obviously not worth to go for, especially since yellow swings are capped at 5% even as a dual wielder anyways

5. hit rating doesnt allow you to counter player's talents and racials providing a chance to be missed, no matter how much you get of it, it only allows you to counter miss chance provided by Defense
    From what i have read it should be possible to counter the nightelf racial with 2% additional hit.

6. It was a shadowfury miss on a human arms warrior. There was no paladin on their team. I know how this ****ing game works.
    Oh and I was wrong. My hit rating in PVE gear is actually 321 which is 12.24% plus additional 3% from the talent.