1. Patch 3.3.5b and Positive changes

The current meta game is completely unbalanced. Hpal/warr is dominating 2-s so heavily it's not even real, putting of every other comp that is not Hpal/warr or some hard-counter to them. 3v3 is horribly inactive. SoloQueue is the cancer eating almost all of your player base (Needs to be removed forever!). On top of this the "merge" brought no people whatsoever, the server population peaks at about 800ppl prime time, while Ragnaros and Deathwing peak at like 3500ppl each!

To summarize:
    Not only you don't get new players because of how unatractive the ladders are, but you are also pushing away 2.3-2.5k players like me. Yes this is not rank 1 material, but this is your core group.

Suggestions:
    1) (short-term) Bring back 3.3.5b patch - while it was not perfect, it was a solid step in the right direction. Improve it even more with time.
    2) (long-term) Complete a real merge with the other WOTLK realms, or at least make them be in the same Battlegroup(retail-model). Having a pool of 8000 or more people, available for arena, is what you should strive for. Here appears the issue with possible 3.3.5b patch active on AT at the time. Simple pvp gear only, while in arena, condition will do the trick!

Best Regards!

2. Well for your 2nd point, they are resuming CLB development. Once this is completed, it will allow the devs to implement new things, such as cross realm pvp.

As stated in multiple other threads on the same topic, if you took the time to actually do a search, going 3.3.5b on JUST Blackrock is bad for development. Why? Because of future cross-realm interaction (including the return of tournaments) since there is 3 woltk realms, patch core has to stay stream-lined to one standard patch.

And no, you can't just merge 3 realms into 1 to make a pool of 8k players. Why not? Lag, maximum capacity of server, development difficulty (because fixing a bug is one thing, keeping that fix stable for a realm with thousands of players on at the same time is another).

Yes, many agree that 3.3.5b is certainly a better patch for pvp, but that would cause development problem here on warmane.

3. And no, you can't just merge 3 realms into 1 to make a pool of 8k players. Why not? Lag, maximum capacity of server, development difficulty (because fixing a bug is one thing, keeping that fix stable for a realm with thousands of players on at the same time is another).
    My suggestion is to keep the 3 realms as they are right now, aka separated, but share 1 Battlegroup (Blizzard - Model). This way you don't have to maintain 8k players at the same place, but they will be able to play arenas and battlegrounds vs each other. (Example from retail EU - Outland and Jaedenar are two completely different realms, but they share the Misery Battlegroup).

Yes, many agree that 3.3.5b is certainly a better patch for pvp, but that would cause development problem here on warmane.
    I don't see how this is a valid point, since they are going to use the same pvp scripts anyway. Even if anything of your statement is true - then my suggestion of max item level 264 and pvp gear only, still stands and will undoubtedly provide more balance and more interesting(longer) arenas.
    Cheers!

4. Well for your 2nd point, they are resuming CLB development. Once this is completed, it will allow the devs to implement new things, such as cross realm pvp.
    CLB is resuming development since Cataclysm was "finished". WotLK PvP is terrible indeed. I have nothing positive to add, I honestly dont understand why people do only PvP when it depends on what your class is.

5. Sigh... Here's staff response:

There have been quite a few discussions going on regarding 3.3.5b on the forums and i can understand your concerns. It was removed during the merge because we wanted to have the "patch" which would have suited both communities.
    I've worked on 3.3.5b myself so i have a biased point of view on it. I think it is a well made update but i'm not sure if that's what we want.
    An issue that i see right now with it is the tournaments. During the tournaments we will have teams picked from across all of Warmane's realms and that might be a problem. Having players to prepare for the tournament on one environment and actually participate on another is troublesome.
    However, i will see if i can bring up discussions regarding 3.3.5b within the Staff. I will keep you informed.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=289475&page=2

6. My suggestion is to keep the 3 realms as they are right now, aka separated, but share 1 Battlegroup (Blizzard - Model). This way you don't have to maintain 8k players at the same place, but they will be able to play arenas and battlegrounds vs each other. (Example from retail EU - Outland and Jaedenar are two completely different realms, but they share the Misery Battlegroup).

I don't see how this is a valid point, since they are going to use the same pvp scripts anyway. Even if anything of your statement is true - then my suggestion of max item level 264 and pvp gear only, still stands and will undoubtedly provide more balance and more interesting(longer) arenas.
    Cheers!
    ^^ This ^^

7. My suggestion is to keep the 3 realms as they are right now, aka separated, but share 1 Battlegroup (Blizzard - Model).
    That already is part of the plan in the long run but not foreseeable any time soon since they'd still need to develop the technology, which has been under development as noted above since practically forever. It will come when it comes.

For now, the problem with deviating with the patch is not up to the table in so much that the first tournament is already scheduled around May. So they want to at least keep the environment the same, in terms of patch and it wouldn't be as simple as porting it over (as evidenced by Warsong). Right now that sort of work to do the scripting is being utilized ease the transition of the WotLK and Cata realms, and get as much fixes done.

8. That already is part of the plan in the long run but not foreseeable any time soon since they'd still need to develop the technology, which has been under development as noted above since practically forever. It will come when it comes.

For now, the problem with deviating with the patch is not up to the table in so much that the first tournament is already scheduled around May. So they want to at least keep the environment the same, in terms of patch and it wouldn't be as simple as porting it over (as evidenced by Warsong). Right now that sort of work to do the scripting is being utilized ease the transition of the WotLK and Cata realms, and get as much fixes done.
    So you are basically saying: Yes, the current state is **** and we know it, because of it not only do we NOT gain new people, but we also lose the existing ones. As a solution we decide to run tournaments on top if this broken and almost empty environment, instead of listening to the community. Awesome..

9. I think most teams in top 10 are played by same players.Same like brainac did few seasons ago with rsham/lock composition.

10. CLB is resuming development since Cataclysm was "finished". WotLK PvP is terrible indeed. I have nothing positive to add, I honestly dont understand why people do only PvP when it depends on what your class is.
    Cata is terrible half updates 29 November updated not working at all. Plus alot quest broken/old raids etc.

11. It makes me wonder if bringing my toon over will make some sort of difference. I sort of found my original AT name or one of my alt acc names and I am still a bit concerned, dunno about moving over yet.
    I'll continue to use this persona instead, it puts my name out there.

Plus a majority of people took the name "Hive" so that one is off the listen and putting Warden is impossible without you know what.

Anyway, I dunno what is going t happen next, just wait and see, like I always say on old AT forums.

12. So you are basically saying: Yes, the current state is **** and we know it, because of it not only do we NOT gain new people, but we also lose the existing ones. As a solution we decide to run tournaments on top if this broken and almost empty environment, instead of listening to the community. Awesome..
    Bear in mind this is still a transition period they can't simply "fix" things at the snap of a finger, there are new things they have to learn and adjust to just as much as the community. It is a learning process and it simply isn't feasible to jump from one decision to another, at the very least establishing consistency is important.

I do believe they do listen to the community but these matters are something that needs to be discussed and observed over a period of time, with the tournaments being a very good indicator for activity or the like. Like it or not patience will be needed.

To be frank the tournaments always tend to draw a lot of attention, it is good advertising, and create activity just from the prizes alone. So it is understandable why they would push for it, especially when they want to boost morale.

13. It's completely feasible and much needed for 3.3.5b to return.

Warriors are overpowered and any rogue that's slightly clueless seems to get wrecked in Soloque.

This patch can be, and was, implemented server-side. A 3.3.5a client could still connect to AT, it just didn't have some of the correct tooltips ingame which really isn't important.

Hisue worked on 3.3.5b and even mentioned he would like to see it return.

I think if we continue to make it known that we want those awesome changes to Wrath PvP that we remember, then eventually some kind of improvement will happen.

There is ZERO need for patience with this, because by tomorrow they could change Blackrock to 3.3.5b and then back again. The issue is not waiting, but rather the politics of being consumed by a larger group of people who do not understand how substantial that patch was.

I think we should be given back 3.3.5b. If crossrealm PvP should emerge, I would be fine with going back to 3.3.5a for a time, but that's nowhere even close to happening.

Speak up if you would like things to be different.

14. It's completely feasible and much needed for 3.3.5b to return.

I think we should be given back 3.3.5b. If crossrealm PvP should emerge, I would be fine with going back to 3.3.5a for a time, but that's nowhere even close to happening.

Speak up if you would like things to be different.
    Exactly the reason behind this thread. Get vocal and contribute to a positive change, rather than waiting for the server to die because of inaction.

15. Hisue, you stated you would give us some update on what is going on and when is the 3.3.5b coming in the picture. Waiting for you to give us some new info.
    Cheers!

123 Last