1. MWEB Giving us issues

Good day

Has anyone else had problems with lag? I don't know if it's MWEB, but whenever I raid, or PvP, I lag out. I get about 30 seconds worth of lag, but as soon as the battle is over, everything jumps around and then the lag is gone... I miss out on the battle and the rolls. Running around and everything is fine, apart from Dalaran. In Dalaran it sometimes gets super laggy. I can run around in an instance/bg fine, until a battle starts, then I get about 30 - 60 seconds of lag. I have looked around and tried clearing the cache, removing all my addons, restarting the router etc. Am I the only one with this problem? Is it just MWEB? Or the server?

Thanks guys
    Pieceofpie

2. Hey Pieceofpie

Yeah, you're not the only one, I'm having the exact same problem as you. MWEB has given me trouble since forever and I'm getting a bit tired of their nonsense! And every damn time we're hit by load shedding the internet is on standby (orange flickering light) right when the power comes back on for about 6+ hours.

I'm about 110% sure it's just MWEB and not the server. How can MWEB, a respected ISP especially under the gaming community, give this kind of steaming hot bull**** service to their clients. it's substandard and cannot be accepted!

Regards
    Supremacist, the one and only.

3. Well i normally get lag and its like 10 mins delay so ... i wish i had 30 sec delay instead . After load shedding my internet is just not working .. :/

4. Well, it seems it's not only Mweb, as Cybersmart is also giving problems.

Because the problem I have at the moment is the moment I go into combat e.g. a bg, raid etc. I get massive amounts of delay. It's not the line speed, as I've had a worse line than I have now and it worked fine, only with higher ms of course.

I wonder if fibre internet will make a difference. Seeing as fibre internet is getting cheaper and the overall range in South Africa is extending.

Kuull

5. July 2, 2015  
    Lately (since yesterday) I haven't been able to connect to Warmane as my WoW client gets stuck at "success".
    I tested my account on a friend's line (He's with Telkom) and it worked perfectly.
    Then I tried it with my phone's hotspot and, again, it worked perfectly.

After midnight (±10 minutes past), my p2p connections suddenly connect (throughout the day, they say 'Connecting to Peers') and Warmane works perfectly.

Previously, I would get lag during PvP (Neltharion, 4.3.4) (e.g: alliance raid on Orgrimmar, BGs).
    But the lag only happened at certain times, between 8pm and 10pm.

6. July 7, 2015  
    Hey Kill3rism

That is EXACTLY what happens to me, to the very last detail. Everyday I'm greeted with the familiar "success" message just as you described. Fortunately for you I've discovered a work around: a Virtual Private Network (VPN).

I use CyberGhost's FREE VPN software (http://www.cyberghostvpn.com). Download this and you'll never see that "success" message again. There is one drawback though; by using a VPN you're actually extending the 'travel time' of the data itself, therefore you'll get more latency. I always get around 110ms normally, but expect an increase of 100ms when using the software so you're left with 210ms. I'd take that any day. And yes, you can turn the VPN on and off by pressing a simple button. Easy.

I don't always use p2p services that often, but I found I needed to download large amount of files recently and I also started to notice my torrents behaving strangely. I also get that "connecting to peers" message. I'm almost sure that's MWEB trying to eliminate people from hogging the system by downloading during peak hours (i.e daytime), and I think that's beyond our control.

It's well known that ISPs limit everybody's bandwidth during peak hours, when the load is heavy, and restore our normal speed during normal hours. That is why we're getting lag (or more of it) between 8pm and 10pm.

I hope this was of any use to you.

Regards
    Supremacist.
    Edited: July 7, 2015

7. July 8, 2015  
    Hey Kill3rism

That is EXACTLY what happens to me, to the very last detail. Everyday I'm greeted with the familiar "success" message just as you described. Fortunately for you I've discovered a work around: a Virtual Private Network (VPN).

I use CyberGhost's FREE VPN software (http://www.cyberghostvpn.com). Download this and you'll never see that "success" message again. There is one drawback though; by using a VPN you're actually extending the 'travel time' of the data itself, therefore you'll get more latency. I always get around 110ms normally, but expect an increase of 100ms when using the software so you're left with 210ms. I'd take that any day. And yes, you can turn the VPN on and off by pressing a simple button. Easy.

I don't always use p2p services that often, but I found I needed to download large amount of files recently and I also started to notice my torrents behaving strangely. I also get that "connecting to peers" message. I'm almost sure that's MWEB trying to eliminate people from hogging the system by downloading during peak hours (i.e daytime), and I think that's beyond our control.

It's well known that ISPs limit everybody's bandwidth during peak hours, when the load is heavy, and restore our normal speed during normal hours. That is why we're getting lag (or more of it) between 8pm and 10pm.

I hope this was of any use to you.

Regards
    Supremacist.
    Worked for me as well, Cyber Ghost is really worth it trust me i had that "success" problem for years and now it connects.

8. Pieceofpie

All I can tell you is that with Mweb who I have been at for a while is for me the best internet in SA. I had them for a while and NEVER had any problems. Yea you get the occasional lag but that happens with any ISP. I had lag maybe once or twice in over 6 months with them and the lag didn't last longer than 5 min.