1. May 3, 2018  
    @Gnimo
    look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7b4uUxkhhA

DS crit for 42k, I think aside DRW blood have more pressing problems with calculation issue. as you can see in the video description the server is Barthilas(US retail server) http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Server:Barthilas_US

and he didn't even have STS. he is using Death's choice + DBW. and he still got a 42k crit from DS.

and you can clearly see no tot was given as well. Anyone else willing to give input on the HUGE damage difference?

and SM was added in patch 3.3 and he has SM so we can conclude this is after patch 3.3

and no change to DS or any other talent that will reduce any damage happened after that. u can confirm here as this the only time dk's got ability update after 3.3 was 3.3.3 : http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_3.3.3

So yea, overall blood is hitting much less. his avg DS/HS hits. is the maximum dks get here.

If someone can show the logs thingy form worldoflogs that will be amazing

TDLR: if with DC hitting 42k. upgrading to STS is a huge upgrade 14.94%more arp to gem str and higher AP from proc. so damage should be much higher here and not even same...but atm it's much much less. getting a 30k crit inside icc is almost non existant on a bis BDK with full procs+taunka+food+flash+potion. u name it.
    In case you think ToT

Tricks wouldn't have played a role in the 42k DS because it doesn't stack with Hysteria.
    "I cut the part about drw since unrelated"

Dummy testing doesn't help us at this particular case, since the problem seems to be from some form off Aura stacking/modifier. the disparity is way too much from retail and warmane.

PS:Gnimo try blood on icc and link your DS like you did in the pic qbove. that will help you see what we're talking about. right now the avg of the 20ks he is getting is about the max bis bdks get. bdks with STS big upgrade from DC and still no 40k crits to be seen. maybe I've gotten 30k once when still played blood. 40k though never.
    Edited: May 3, 2018

2. May 3, 2018  
    I dont know why would Death Strike be able to hit/crit more than Obliterate.
    Considering Frost DKs use Sigil to Boost Obli dmg even more, its nothing more than an insult.

U all seem to grab by the hand those Retail logs a lot.
    Im not saying that they are not usefull, but not everything should work like 1 or 2 logs or videos suggests.
    Who knows why he did so much dmg on those couple of crits...
    On top it all, there was not enough time to obtain all the "bis" gear on live servers, nor the time to test it all in raids...

I know dummy tests are not always 1000% correct in comparison to raids, but my whole point was that even on a dummy, BDK is competetive with both UDK and FDK while only beeing self buffed, so there is no chance in hell that u cant get past 15 or 17k dps as a bdk in a good and well rounded raid, buff/debuff wise...

As for STS vs DC goes...

DC = 120 strength
    STS = 225 strength

This is after all the buffs from other classes and talents are taken into account, so no, passive Strength alone, as in 105 diference, wont ever boost the avrg dmg by 10k.

As for the video, i doubt that:
    30k melee crit
    42k Death Strike crit
    Are not reachable with:
    Hysteria
    Taunka
    Chaos Bane
    Fallen Crusader
    All stacked up...

3. May 3, 2018  
    What you doubt and what the reality is, IS VER DIFFERENT. no dk here has it. and if you're too lazy to test it/ won't because blood is a potato spec. so why bother wasting time. proving nothing then. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE by all the blood dks here who play this "inferior spec". Period

And do you know how silly it is, when you say using retail logs is not the way. then what should we set the standard? the base of comparism for any class. how do we know what is working and whats not if we don't?

4. May 3, 2018  
    I never said dont use them, i said dont blindly follow them.

The one and only reason why i CANT test it inside ICC is duo to lack of time to play the game.

You can also provide your Armory, Screenshots of Dummy and Raid (ICC) DPS.
    That way after u show me that your DS did as much DMG as mine did on a dummy, and u did far less in ICC than you should, i could say:
    "Yes you are right, something is really wrong."

All i can see now is retail video, my screenshots and your words...

5. May 3, 2018  
    This is ridiculous, a video, a log or w/e it's not a a cult to blindly follow. it's a statistic that should be feasible when the same measures are met. and these measures have been met thus the results should match+-.

Ok you don't have time to test it, fine then don't. For me it doesn't hit anywhere close nor for any of the other dks. not me or any other dk need or want to waste our time to prove anything to you. there is a video of a bis dk here with his logs from the same logs where he discussed with Darkenhue you can go look it up. am not here to entertain what you don't believe.

This is a blood dk dps guide, where we're discussing what is broken. with some logs attached in the bugtracker.

You're here, saying "you think it's not bugged, but won't do any tests and want us to prove it you". you need to reasses what your objective is.

6. May 3, 2018  

EDIT: I forgot to show the dancing rune weapon aswell.

so in the end it was like 21k dps

7. May 3, 2018  
    @HaixzElder
    Good dps, can you post link or show the DS damage so this fella here can finally see the disparity.

will be looking forward for the fest hc that we talking about

8. May 3, 2018  
    ROFL

You dont need to prove anything to me, but if you want your precios "broken" spec to "work properly", you need to prove it to the staff, and frankly, i doubt you are helping your case...
    But yea, just QQ and dont post anything relevant to the case.
    But i guess thats the diference btwn us, when i think something is broken, i test it, on both dummy and in the raid, post it here, ask arround if im wrong, and confirm that im wrong/right, but i guess QQing is enough.

The only thing i noticed beeing slightly off when i did that dummy run and one after, was that maybe crit % increase on DS and HS from talents might be a bit wrong, but that can be good/bad rng in the end.

Edit:
    ROFL x2
    How the hell did this DK "Hamburgare" did 19k dps and 28k AVARAGE DS crit???

1x Blood Rune > HS = 20k avrg crit dmg
    DS = 28k avrg crit fmg

Nothing mindblowingly wrong there how i see it...

Edit x2:
    I supose DRW is that "Other - 12.6% overall DMG" thing.
    Again, i dont see it deals less DMG than it should, unless u think that spell alone should do more DMG than Gargoyle.

9. May 3, 2018  
    All you do is QQ and nothing more, it just gets tiresome. I guess I just ended up being rude. my bad

doing 19k dps as blood sure is nice, but again in a 2:25 dbs fight is normal. bloods highest merit is the burst afterall.

the whole 19k dps was aimed @ fest hc, and if you check previous posts you will see the same. logs have been posted in bugtracker. and in other threads. and now you have another log here.

But I must admit seeing a 28k avg DS crit is very enticing indeed from when I was playing blood. I wish if would post his recount DS screenshot or a way to see more of the minimax.

and what you fail to understand is that blood isn't supposed to do same as the dk on that video, it should be doing more not less. dps in warmane or in any private server is higher due to all the endgame tier list, thus buffing all burst classes even more. esp bdk.

edit: would be really nice if we can get that link of that worldoflogs too

10. May 3, 2018  
    Well it didn't take long for the "19k is unreachable atm" claim to completely crumble.

11. May 3, 2018  
    19k static dps @ fest hc. yes I still doubt it. and when I see it. I'll own my words. till then still stands

12. May 3, 2018  
    whats the difference? It was standstill dps on DBS, hence the 98.8% dmg done on boss.

Also, I wont post the log link because I only share them with the guild, sorry. I dont have the recount for this fight anymore and also he didnt do 19k on fester because he got hit by malleable goo and also raid movement.
    So standstill dps on dbs seems more fair to me since he didnt have to swap targets, theres no extra power gains from AMS like in fester and he didnt have to move at all, usually on fester some melee move infront of boss to get the spore debuff resulting in attacks being parried.
    Basically this was a glorified ICC training dummy

13. May 3, 2018  
    It's ok, thanks a lot for sharing that picutre by itself.

but for the same reasons you mentioned. excluding the malleable is why we set fest as the benchmark. if he has done that dps @ festergut that will already set him for 2nd spot for fest hc if compared to retail logs.

your friend damage is nice ineed but when we add 9million health to what you mentioned it really doesn't make dbs and fest the same...

I used to end with similar dps+- on dbs normal. due to the shorter fight. but on fest hc is noticable dps gap compared to dbs

14. May 3, 2018  
    Spoiler: Show
    Go ahead and show me a blood DK doing 19k dps single-target overall, not starting burst -oh right, you can't.

I've played my BiS blood DK for two years on Warmane and two years on Molten -you could reach 19k on Molten because of all the stacking class buffs. You can't consistently break 17k dps with every possible buff and sunder armor on Warmane right now, and you'd be lucky to even break 16k on average -it's not possible with the bugs that still plague the spec. Your input is pointless and completely incorrect in regards to this currently broken niche spec.

Coming in to defend your butt-buddy is pretty cute though ;)

Listing specs and classes that don't have dps-crippling talent bugs as a comparison to a broken spec and then claiming that "because these properly-scripted and working specs can do 19k then this broken one can too!" is pretty special logic xD.

You're the type of person that I could classify as "Pyroching 2.0".

19k static dps @ fest hc. yes I still doubt it. and when I see it. I'll own my words. till then still stands
    As HaixzElder already posted it would not matter if it's fest or dbs (heroic or not, the kill time is roughly the same with heroism/lust on both). Should his guild do fest with heroism/bloodlust like it is common to do dbs the dps numbers would be off by a very trivial amount. Breaking the 19k barrier is impossible only for players that don't attempt to min/max or are in a guild raid/pug raid that is very weak. If anything What HaixzElder linked, while it being a nice log, isn't really near what you'd see should your raid be decked out in full bis and playing to its fullest. So could we cut the bull****?

15. May 3, 2018  
    Both those encounters are tank-and-spank for an MPDS. Everyone's DPS tends to be lower on Fester because the encounter is longer. We don't usually see any of our MDPS scratch past 18-19k there (then again we have a culture of not using Bloodlust on Festergut).

As to the video, the issue is with relentlessly fixating on one snippet from it without a full understanding of all the buffs/debuffs that were present, as well as the player's stats. Did LDW receive a Shattering Throw at the start? We can't really tell from the video, but if she had received a major armor debuff like that right off the bat then that's approximately +10% or so physical damage that usually isn't up so early on in the fight. It also looks like the Blood DK had the best possible procs lining up for him.

First ... 910111213 ... Last